Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

e:poo poo, new page.

Kwyndig posted:

The megarule just led to a lot of low effort shitposting to get around the rule.

Don't come in here with your facts and logic! We don't do that here! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8n6gpmYO71sxxjp9_720.mp4

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

The megarule just led to a lot of low effort shitposting to get around the rule.

Better than five pages of Star Trek/LotR effortposts and no images, IMO.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Milo and POTUS posted:

I couldn't understand 90% of that

I genuinely thought they were speaking Chinese until about half-way through

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
SRIMP

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Kwyndig posted:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Generally, the PYF threads tend to be better when they're lightly moderated. I have neither the time nor the desire to babysit a thread. If things get wildly out of hand, you're always welcome to send me or any of the other mods a PM so we can come get things back on track, but, like, y'all are adults, you generally know how to act, and this isn't CSPAM.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

OK.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

It's true that Bic is getting weird with it. I bought a pickle one...

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

The Bloop posted:

You don't have to remember these because they still exist

someone tried to track down how old these things are and where they came from and in Anglo countries, they've always been called "old fashioned candy" even around ~1880CE. These things were probably invented when the USA still had chattel slavery.

According to the research, they're probably a confection of French invention which has been lost to history, you might as well be posting "if you remember shoes, you're probably dust lost to the wind"

BasicLich has a new favorite as of 06:14 on Mar 19, 2022

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

e:poo poo, new page.

Don't come in here with your facts and logic! We don't do that here! :argh:

dog ahead

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

fuckin lol

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Funniest poo poo I've ever seen!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Kwyndig posted:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
also, welcome to PYF. come for the lists, stay for the derails!

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I mean, the rule stopped me from posting, which was a net positive.

The irritation of loving with imgur on mobile outweighs my desire to share memes by a long shot.

Gruffalo Soldier
Feb 23, 2013

trapped mouse posted:

Funniest poo poo I've ever seen!

Pickle Bic or Bickle Rick?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

*points to subforum title*

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

DicktheCat posted:

I mean, the rule stopped me from posting, which was a net positive.

The irritation of loving with imgur on mobile outweighs my desire to share memes by a long shot.

The awful app will automatically upload to Imgur and paste the link for you. It's easier than desktop.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

:hmmyes:

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

Does anyone have the clips from where some guy is streaming that game where you walk around in Google Maps street view and guess where you are and someone in chat goes "look to the left", the streamer looks and there's some shop called "Sugon" or something and the guy in the chat goes "Sugon deez nuts!" and then this sound effect plays

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Claeaus posted:

Does anyone have the clips from where some guy is streaming that game where you walk around in Google Maps street view and guess where you are and someone in chat goes "look to the left", the streamer looks and there's some shop called "Sugon" or something and the guy in the chat goes "Sugon deez nuts!" and then this sound effect plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7lXibaHzlI

?

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
Yes! thank you!

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

I also miss the megarule, even with the shitposts. I'm fairly sure it was last enforced about a decade ago, so I kind of feel like an old man when I think fondly of those days.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Inceltown posted:

The awful app will automatically upload to Imgur and paste the link for you. It's easier than desktop.

Oh my god, you're right. There it is, "Insert Imgur", top row right hand side.

Welp. That's a zillion times easier than faffing with the site in a browser!

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah and the shitposts were funnier than most of the content here. Case in point: funwaa

Apparently that site is no more. :-(

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

chintu you fucker

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Inceltown posted:

Is this broken sometimes? I can’t get it to work.
I tap in the post body and select img, then from library.
It loads the picture into the post but doesn’t make an Imgur link.

File type invalid Imgur exception code 1003 is the error.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My understanding is that the app uses the imgur API which has a usage limit that runs out at some point during the month and then stops working for everyone until it resets the next 1st of the month.

Could be wrong on the details but it seems consistent with my experience, and why I can never rely on it.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

SW = Shop Worker
PM = Pissed Man

SW: You're barred love I can't serve ya, sorry
PM: I'm barred? What for girl?
SW: Shoplifin'!
PM: WHAT SHOPLIFTIN' ooooh ya half faced fuckin cow, who do ya think ya are? bottle of vodka?
SW: Yer not allowed
PM: Ahhh gently caress off ya cheeky <unintelligible scouse insult>
SW: GERROUT
PM: Here you, you know what I always say? Times are hard and friends are few, so ta-ra* to loving you!

*"ta-ra" is an informal british way of saying goodbye which has largely fallen out of use these days

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ1FxBJEoYA

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

AceClown posted:

PM: Ahhh gently caress off ya cheeky <unintelligible scouse insult>

imo its either scouse or louse or ill poo poo in yer house

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

My understanding is that the app uses the imgur API which has a usage limit that runs out at some point during the month and then stops working for everyone until it resets the next 1st of the month.

Could be wrong on the details but it seems consistent with my experience, and why I can never rely on it.

It resets much more quickly than that. I post a lot of images and I've only had the app api fail once. It's very good

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

AFewBricksShy posted:

Is this broken sometimes? I can’t get it to work.
I tap in the post body and select img, then from library.
It loads the picture into the post but doesn’t make an Imgur link.

File type invalid Imgur exception code 1003 is the error.

What is the file extension of your upload? Some weird one like .heic or something? Try downloading a jpeg or gif and see if you can get it to work with those

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I think the iPhone can take pictures that aren't technically still images or something that you can't upload to imgur. This is like fifth hand information idk.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Those pickle ones sell for a ton on eBay. I track them down in the wild for my wife.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The grammar police would never make that mistake

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

The Bloop posted:

It resets much more quickly than that. I post a lot of images and I've only had the app api fail once. It's very good

yeah i use it all the time and can't remember the last time it didn't work right (outside of webp and heic, neither are accepted by imgur)