Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My new favorite tweet follow. These pictures were taken about a week apart from each other lol

https://twitter.com/FedUpSenators/status/1504891743426297862

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Florida is loving stupid.

Source: Lives in Florida

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

cried in a patient's room for the first time today

patient with cerebral palsy who I saw for a massive stroke 3 months ago has had another. could not clear his secretions in the room and his wife would just say "he's remembering how to swallow" and just would NOT hear what I was saying. has her whole family working around the clock giving him care and just had the most insanely optimistic look on her face.

finally I said hospice and she just broke down, and I broke down right with her.

she cried for about two minutes, then snapped back together, thanked me for the honesty, and said she'd accept a referral.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Christ. That’s tough man, I don’t know how you do it. I wouldn’t be strong enough.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

You do, you just don’t want to consciously admit it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The creators of the new Halo show are proud that they never played the games, looked at the story or even picked up the games.

This show will be DOA.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tulalip Tulips posted:

My work from home supervisor is determined to be a distraction today.

That tummy :3:

Mine has decided that the nice cat bed I got her is actually made of lava but the scratchy plastic backpack with a bunch of buckles and poo poo protruding is actually a good bed.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Salvor_Hardin posted:

That tummy :3:

Mine has decided that the nice cat bed I got her is actually made of lava but the scratchy plastic backpack with a bunch of buckles and poo poo protruding is actually a good bed.

I bet your car likes your backpack because it vaguely smells of you.

Roll around in the cat bed for a couple days and I bet she'll want to use it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
That would be consistent with other behaviors, good thinking.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

The creators of the new Halo show are proud that they never played the games, looked at the story or even picked up the games.

This show will be DOA.

I mean, yeah the TV show will almost certainly suck, but I'd make that same prediction if the people behind it gave long interviews professing their love of it and follow up questions revealed their deep game lore knowledge.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My boy is growing up

e: edited out the clear image of my phone number from his tag :laugh:

e2: nobody told me tom brady did the weight loss regimen bale followed for the machinist and then created ethereum

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1504760633342021645

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 19, 2022

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Audio here isn’t for the weak of stomach

https://twitter.com/briscoepark/status/1504941860543995910?s=21

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The gently caress.

So my guess is drunk driver plows into parked cars, convincing other drunk guys hanging up on a roof to jump down and one destroys himself on the dismount?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/L4DWg8OHSo0?t=102

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Intruder posted:

My boy is growing up

look at that dog

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

look at that dog

you don't have to tell me twice

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

My boy is growing up

Tha's a good lookin dog

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

My boy is growing up

Let your buddy bring in all the sticks and chew them up inside.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

cried in a patient's room for the first time today

patient with cerebral palsy who I saw for a massive stroke 3 months ago has had another. could not clear his secretions in the room and his wife would just say "he's remembering how to swallow" and just would NOT hear what I was saying. has her whole family working around the clock giving him care and just had the most insanely optimistic look on her face.

finally I said hospice and she just broke down, and I broke down right with her.

she cried for about two minutes, then snapped back together, thanked me for the honesty, and said she'd accept a referral.

Ugh gently caress I’m sorry this is really lovely and devastating. Sorry friend.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Ugh gently caress I’m sorry this is really lovely and devastating. Sorry friend.

Thanks healthcare friend.

It was just the way she broke so suddenly, and then got it back together so fast.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Intruder posted:

My boy is growing up

e: edited out the clear image of my phone number from his tag :laugh:

e2: nobody told me tom brady did the weight loss regimen bale followed for the machinist and then created ethereum

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1504760633342021645

Your dog is ilegally cute and it's unfair.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Thanks healthcare friend.

It was just the way she broke so suddenly, and then got it back together so fast.

I can relate. They’re all unique and no one can say anything that’ll make you feel better but I try and view it as a privilege to be there for someone in one of the worst moments in their lives.

Keep your head up, you’re doing great and necessary work. :smith::hf::smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:stonk:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I tried making a traditional red sauce from an old lady's recipe today. She's italian so I guess she knows what shes doing? It was just san marzano tomatoes, salt, butter and an onion quartered and simmered in the tomaters. It was bland as gently caress so I added pepper flakes, oregano, basil and garlic and it tastes really good now. I guess old italian ladies can be liars too.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BlindSite posted:

I tried making a traditional red sauce from an old lady's recipe today. She's italian so I guess she knows what shes doing? It was just san marzano tomatoes, salt, butter and an onion quartered and simmered in the tomaters. It was bland as gently caress so I added pepper flakes, oregano, basil and garlic and it tastes really good now. I guess old italian ladies can be liars too.

When I make bolognese I add a bunch of spices, it would probably make traditional italians irrationally angry but whatever cook your food the way you think tastes good

Just thinking about some old italian raging because of the garlic in my bolognese

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Your dog is ilegally cute and it's unfair.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

look at that dog

Qwijib0 posted:

Tha's a good lookin dog

:hmmyes:

Grittybeard posted:

Let your buddy bring in all the sticks and chew them up inside.

:thunk:

e: in addition to being cute his fur is extremely soft :swoon:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I can relate. They’re all unique and no one can say anything that’ll make you feel better but I try and view it as a privilege to be there for someone in one of the worst moments in their lives.

Keep your head up, you’re doing great and necessary work. :smith::hf::smith:

for real, the worst day or so of my life I was oscillating between melting down and "okay, I need to plan and do these things" completely clearly. it's wild how you can stuff the emotions down for a few minutes to think clearly about what needs to be done.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

When I make bolognese I add a bunch of spices, it would probably make traditional italians irrationally angry but whatever cook your food the way you think tastes good

Just thinking about some old italian raging because of the garlic in my bolognese

I'm right there with ya. I like a bit of ice in my whiskey too and some people will kvetch about that. There's something to be said for dishes that are made with really good ingredients that are simple. Like a steak and roasted potatoes with greens can be amazing just through butter, salt and pepper but if I'm making sauce to prep 5 meals its gonna have to have something.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Not a dog but cat got a haircut today

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

seiferguy posted:

I love his bowtie. I catsat for my neighbors a few weeks ago and their extremely lovely and dapper boy had a similar bowtie:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

BlindSite posted:

My Sicilian grandmother made the best red sauce I've tasted to this day but I've been having a hell of a time learning how to make it from my mom because none of the ingredients are measured. It's like, put X amount of sugar in your hand, toss it in the pot, add more later if you need to. I'm trying to standardize it to actual amounts but success has been limited. Ingredient list: tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, garlic, garlic powder, dried basil, pepper, sugar, cinnamon, parmesan, splash of red wine.

Old Italian ladies are absolutely liars and probably also cheat at card games

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

Never fails to be the best

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Intruder posted:

:hmmyes:

:thunk:

e: in addition to being cute his fur is extremely soft :swoon:
comrade, I am glad you confirmed the fur. It's looks so dang soft in that photo.

I would like to adopt a dog and love the adopted dog.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

My Sicilian grandmother made the best red sauce I've tasted to this day but I've been having a hell of a time learning how to make it from my mom because none of the ingredients are measured. It's like, put X amount of sugar in your hand, toss it in the pot, add more later if you need to. I'm trying to standardize it to actual amounts but success has been limited. Ingredient list: tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, garlic, garlic powder, dried basil, pepper, sugar, cinnamon, parmesan, splash of red wine.

Old Italian ladies are absolutely liars and probably also cheat at card games

My grandmothers recipes for cooking and baking were all the same kind of thing "punch of this" "pinch of that" kind of measurements which are a bit of a nightmare for baking so I feel that pain. I've got one of her recipes down pat but the rest are a little harder. Some of them use lard and other things in pie crusts too which adds an interesting dimension.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My spaghetti sauce. It will make italians mad because it's too thick and it's got meat in it, but I like it that way.

1lb lean ground beef, browned with chopped onion and garlic. Don't skim the fat, idiot. Put in a lot of garlic. Like at least half a bulb. You can also slice it or crush it instead of chopping it.
Add 1 28oz can stewed, diced, or crushed tomato; 2 15oz cans of plain tomato sauce, 1 6oz can of tomato paste. Start bringing it to a boil.
Pour in some chianti. Some means some. You figure it out.
Dump in herbs. Use a lot:
-shitloads of parsley. Fresh is better than ground. Put in a lot. Handfuls. You can't really add too much.
-lots of oregano. I only ever have dried. Like a good handful. Probably like four or five tablespoons? You can add too much of this but it's hard.
-a good amount of sage
-a good amount of rosemary
-a good amount of marjoram
-a good amount of thyme
-a good amount of savory
-a good amount of tarragon
-a bunch of dried or granulated garlic. Not "garlic salt" which you should not even own.
-some powdered onion, if you want. You already did fresh onion, but I think it adds something.
-some fennel seed, if you want. Use sparingly. Some people don't like the taste.
-some basil. You can go over board especially with dried basil. Use sparingly and add more next time if you feel like it needed it
-some ground pepper, or red pepper maybe
-salt, obviously

Simmer that for a good while, check to make sure it doesn't burn. You can eat it after like ten minutes but it's better after at least half an hour. Serve on noodles or whtaever.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
White sauce superior, red sauce infearior! Rinaldo has spoken! Don't @ me!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
In defense of grandmas who's recipes are "a pinch of that, a pinch of this," every so often I make Cacio e Pepe and I usually use Alton Browns recipe, following it precisely, here for those curious. But the best version I ever made of it I went completely off memory and didn't measure anything.

Actual Italians probably hate the recipe because of the olive oil, I guess traditionally you might garnish it with that, but you don't add that much (or any) to the cheese before mixing it into the noodles.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I have finished Yakuza 7.

Keep on living, Ichi.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Wtf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

Each has their place and can be amazing in different ways, but for overall utility and ease red sauce wins out friend