Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

sourdough posted:

Faith scaling weapons generally are awesome, blasphemous blade and the final boss soul sword are so good

I need to try some of the int ones besides moonveil though, like wing of astel, maybe the rotten crystal sword if inflicting rot is good in pve

I loved Blasphemous (the game that was oppressively spanish) but never finished it. So for penance I'm gonna use the blasphemous blade to beat the game, it's really fun/.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

I loved Blasphemous (the game that was oppressively spanish) but never finished it. So for penance I'm gonna use the blasphemous blade to beat the game, it's really fun/.

I think a lot about that game when I play this just because there's a lot parallels in the dialog about a reverence to gold, and service in faith.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

exploring nokron..this game is so sick. i beat the capital and mt gelmir and I still feel like half the game is left

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Leadthumb posted:

I think a lot about that game when I play this just because there's a lot parallels in the dialog about a reverence to gold, and service in faith.

The Briar set seems like a nod to it unless they're both referencing some motif I don't know about

Also holy poo poo every main boss has had an amazing phase 2 cutscene but Maliketh in the crumbling lands is amazing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Seems like it's a bug but lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Does tha effect the main wowed roud table
Stuff? Many drinks

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
watching a streamer fight the same boss i'm fighting:

apparently power stancing greatswords does more damage than 1 ultra-greatsword. Hell yeah

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Stuff? Many drinks

i don't think so. the roundtable is always so empty

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

watching a streamer fight the same boss i'm fighting:

apparently power stancing greatswords does more damage than 1 ultra-greatsword. Hell yeah

now power stance ultra greatswords

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

scary ghost dog posted:

now power stance ultra greatswords

bruh

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The Briar set seems like a nod to it unless they're both referencing some motif I don't know about

Also holy poo poo every main boss has had an amazing phase 2 cutscene but Maliketh in the crumbling lands is amazing

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
big lore reveal dudes. there's this guy named jesus who stars in a fairly well known book altho its not as good as harry potter.. and he is very strongly associated with thorns and nails. wild stuff.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

big lore reveal dudes. there's this guy named jesus who stars in a fairly well known book altho its not as good as harry potter.. and he is very strongly associated with thorns and nails. wild stuff.

I think I killed his dad

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Stuff? Many drinks

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Stuff? Many drinks

Mark Cuban taking notes dot gif

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

There's a part on the path to the heligtree that is my favorite moment from this game

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Professor Latency posted:

There's a part on the path to the heligtree that is my favorite moment from this game

Lol I got vertigo bad

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

death dialogue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xv8JjBmRfU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

finally beat malenia's rear end

One Hundred Monkeys
Aug 7, 2010
Why does this game insist on throwing more ulcerated tree spirits at me. I'm up to five now and they somehow keep getting worse. Please tell me there isn't a sixth

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The worst part is eventually you'll have more seeds than you can use bc you hit the flask cap

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Kild posted:

The worst part is eventually you'll have more seeds than you can use bc you hit the flask cap

i have almost 40

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Huh, Morgott was weirdly easy, I died like 20 times to Margit but took this one down first time

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Huh, Morgott was weirdly easy, I died like 20 times to Margit but took this one down first time

you have leveled up irl

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Maliketh is nuts. Seems like I get two hits off before getting stomped if I'm lucky

Complaining online works yet again lol, toughest boss so far

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 19, 2022

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mbt posted:

Okay cool. I’ll try wrap bernahl quest line up before Rykard then

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mbt posted:

I like how it starts really full and you pick up a couple of NPCs early on and get the impression it's going to be this bustling hub area but instead it ends up a total ghost town lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My sister asked why I have 6 characters named Tom Brady & I was so wasted all I could do was laugh until I cried.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Stuff? Many drinks

This was after nine Long Island ice teas

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My sister asked why I have 6 characters named Tom Brady & I was so wasted all I could do was laugh until I cried.

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

EmmyOk posted:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

long island iced teas are the official cocktail of imp zone

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
Saint Patrick's day gaming ftw

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

One Hundred Monkeys posted:

Why does this game insist on throwing more ulcerated tree spirits at me. I'm up to five now and they somehow keep getting worse. Please tell me there isn't a sixth

git gud and accept the genius of littering the map with 300 angry tree penises and gargoyles dude.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao