Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BBJoey posted:

Le epic glitterhoof

This, but unironically, and said out loud at my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

got space race victory in Civ 4 as Augustus/Rome, quick speed, small map, Noble difficulty. Had a score lead the whole time, and I never got into the zombie-style clicking End Turn over and over in the late game that causes me to lose so much. Also focused a lot more on getting decent production into my cities for a change, some of the late game buildings I used to ignore like factories, power plants and labs are very helpful for building space ship parts. I didn't expand enough so I never got access to aluminum which would've sped up spaceship building even more but it ended up not mattering too much. Built the last part with 70 turns left and won, final time was 3:50-something. Think I'm ready to move on to Prince. as much as I sing this game's praises I'm not very good at it lol.

did basically exactly this again just with a much worse score lol. barely edged out the last spaceship part against korea. I shared a continent with egypt who goes hard on culture which lost me some important tiles in the late game because i was mostly ignoring culture despite having the creative trait, which was pretty dumb. tried to go to war just to take a city so maybe i could get some tiles back but i hosed up and the one i took got swallowed up by all the rest of egypt's culture and it could literally work like one tile forever so i ended up just giving it back later to improve relations. should've just built up a better stack and went straight for the capital, i had a military edge at the time. during the war a bunch of my tile improvements got pillaged so i had to rebuild a bunch of infrastructure. also completely ignored slavery in the early game which hobbled my expansion a lot. all in all a really sloppy game but im going to start a new one on prince difficulty tonight or tomorrow probably.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Fungah! posted:

i just want to kick groogy's rear end into the street
:yossame:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The version of CK2 we could have gotten if Paradox hadn’t handed Groogy the keys and walked away for several expansions is one of gaming’s greatest tragedies

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Remembered how Imperium Universalis, the best EU4 mod of its time, ended development due to Imperator being released.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

team america matt damon voice: mitch lawrence

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

b_d posted:

team america matt damon voice: martin anward

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Martin Nword

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
small map/quick speed/noble difficulty space race victory. rolled a random leader and got tokugawa who i understand to be one of the worst leaders in the game

spent about the first half of the game killing montezuma with catapults and axemen, cleaning up with muskets near the end. then i just built up the resulting ten cities i had and got really good production in a few of them and got a spaceship launched before anyone else even built their apollo program. fun game, i want to go for a creative victory next

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

small map/quick speed/noble difficulty culture victory. rolled Inca who is financial (+1 commerce on plots with 2 commerce) which is the best trait in the game. their unique building is a terrace which replaces the granary, which gives +2 culture and is a pretty big help early on for expanding borders. I just sat on 6 cities and was teching like crazy and had a huge lead up to the point where I was about to research rocketry. I waffled back and forth between going for a space race or culture victory and decided to just slam the culture slider to max and let three of my cities hit legendary culture and build up a massive army to dissuade anyone from declaring on me, so the endgame was mashing end turn 100 times until i won. this is definitely the last time im playing on noble since ive won the last three or so games handily. going to skip prince and go straight to monarch i think

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

What the gently caress.........

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I know right 4X crap in the map game thread. Absolutely hosed up poo poo.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i dont really know what a map game is

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

anbennar keeps on being The Sickest EU4 Mod

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I know right 4X crap in the map game thread. Absolutely hosed up poo poo.

lol. this. he's doing several hosed up things:

1. playing a game not a broken version of excel with a bad ui.
2. the game he's playing can be had for like 5 dollars instead of paying an initial 60 dollars for the paradox branded version of excel plus an additional 40 dollar tax to johann per month for dlc.
3. not redpilling himself into becoming a serbian nationalist by playing byantium spreadsheet starts

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

lol. this. he's doing several hosed up things:

1. playing a game not a broken version of excel with a bad ui.
2. the game he's playing can be had for like 5 dollars instead of paying an initial 60 dollars for the paradox branded version of excel plus an additional 40 dollar tax to johann per month for dlc.
3. not redpilling himself into becoming a serbian nationalist by playing byantium spreadsheet starts

I would wager he never even jokerfied himself by saying "the Wiz is an N Word!" for several years whilst unemployed.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lol

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Agean90 posted:

anbennar keeps on being The Sickest EU4 Mod

Wow that looks way better than it used to. Anbennar stays winning.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Also played some Civ 4 tonight.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear posted:

Also played some Civ 4 tonight.

Mods?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Fall From Heaven 2 with ExtraModMod. Maybe doing some Dawn of Civilization tonight.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear posted:

Fall From Heaven 2 with ExtraModMod. Maybe doing some Dawn of Civilization tonight.

Oh I was asking for the mods to clean these 4x boomers out of the map thread.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im ignoring this thread until the perverts at paradox give us a map game thats as good as eu4 during the first couple expansions, or else fix eu4 to not be a big pile of dirt that someones actively making bigger

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

im ignoring this thread until the perverts at paradox give us a map game thats as good as eu4 during the first couple expansions, or else fix eu4 to not be a big pile of dirt that someones actively making bigger

I don’t think they read this thread :(

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

kid from angels in the outfield: hey, dad, when are you and mom getting back together?

dad: I dunno kid when

Fungah! posted:

the perverts at paradox give us a map game thats as good as eu4 during the first couple expansions, or else fix eu4 to not be a big pile of dirt that someones actively making bigger

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

You could just play anbennar.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

kid from angels in the outfield: hey, dad, when are you and mom getting back together?

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

THAT is a good idea

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Evil Eagle posted:

yea do this

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Until map gaming is restored to it's former glory, Civ 4 posts should be allowed. However, Civ 5 and 6 will be met with lethal force.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Until map gaming is restored to it's former glory, Civ 4 posts should be allowed. However, Civ 5 and 6 will be met with lethal force.

I don’t really care if people post about civ, but I still miss the days when 1000 35 year old epic fat map gamer purists would tear a dumbass noob to pieces for trying to talk about civ itt.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Lol. Christopher Lloyd guiding the arms of a bunch of dumpy Swedes as they code Zoroastrian bonuses

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol. Christopher Lloyd guiding the arms of a bunch of dumpy Swedes as they code Zoroastrian bonuses

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don’t really care if people post about civ, but I still miss the days when 1000 35 year old epic fat map gamer purists would tear a dumbass noob to pieces for trying to talk about civ itt.

it has a map in it. it's a map game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mycophobia posted:

it has a map in it. it's a map game

Yeah not getting into this with a guy who has a zillion negative post count. Get real.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear posted:

THen you shall die!!! Civ 6 is the superior game!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i was trying to find a eu3 or 4 mod of croatia with like 100000 provinces but google isn't cooperating. oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the victoria 3 beta was pretty fun for being unfinished and unethically sourced