Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
that psych guy is like some kind of sherlock gnomes, except normal size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I can't believe I haven't seen the Ben And Arthur BOTW until now. Hollllllllllllllllly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

remember:

B for Ben, who is not Bald
A for Arthur, who has Alopecia

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I say this as someone who likes the pillows: it's no surprise they would be popular here, they are basically the SA of bands (elderly and peaked hard in the early-mid 2000s)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They always struck me as “Japanese Weezer” but I liked that. I still listen to Hybrid Rainbow all the time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Bust Rodd posted:

“Japanese Weezer”

Absolutely brutal

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Who is even doing these new FLCLs? I thought Gainax exploded?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I can't believe I haven't seen the Ben And Arthur BOTW until now. Hollllllllllllllllly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGQq1ZvYx0U

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bust Rodd posted:

They always struck me as “Japanese Weezer” but I liked that. I still listen to Hybrid Rainbow all the time

I always felt Penpals song for Berserk was more Japanese Weezer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2rV8oKWSdM

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Star Platinum posted:

https://twitter.com/exodiackiller/status/1503085800187219973?s=21

Eagerly awaiting the day when somehow, the mustards will have returned.

Russian mustards?

Randarkman posted:

Money Plane.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheSwizzler posted:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1280512055733293058

Postin' cause that clip is godamn hard to find now

Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress it

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I rewatched them old The Mummy from 1999, what a loving banger. The effects still hold up for the most part. Soooo fun.

Just rewatched this one because my wife insisted. It really is a wonderful movie. Excellent casting, perfect pacing, fun stuntwork and a good sense of humor throughout.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

Who is even doing these new FLCLs? I thought Gainax exploded?

Production I.G. did the last two. I wouldn't be surprised if they were brought in again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vim Fuego posted:

Just rewatched this one because my wife insisted. It really is a wonderful movie. Excellent casting, perfect pacing, fun stuntwork and a good sense of humor throughout.

the mummy returns was unfortunately much worse than I remembered :(

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

priznat posted:

That guy should be a boss in Elden Ring

elden ring is the greatest video game ever made

kalel fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Mar 19, 2022

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the mummy returns was unfortunately much worse than I remembered :(

Obviously the best way to follow up a kickass movie is to include a kid in the sequel.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Obviously the best way to follow up a kickass movie is to include a kid in the sequel.

I’d completely forgotten about the son and said “oh nooooo” out loud when he appeared

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Mokinokaro posted:

Production I.G. did the last two. I wouldn't be surprised if they were brought in again.

It's so depressing to compare FLCL's legacy to Gunbuster. Both fantastic, classic Gainax shows. When they decided to make a sequel to Gunbuster they very specifically didn't want to make "more Gunbuster". It was 15 years later, anime had changed, the studio had changed. So they let new people make their own Gunbuster, a brand new thing that had the spirit of the old show while being radically different. And the result, Diebuster, was arguably just as good as Gunbuster.

But when they decided to make new FLCL the entire concept from top to bottom was just "more FLCL". It had to look and sound just like the old FLCL, because that was the entire point of the endeavor. And now this CGI stuff doesn't even look like FLCL anymore, but that's fine because it's cheaper.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I looked into it and even though FLCL was straight up formative for me, I did not consider Haruko to be the main character, but the main antagonist, and so the show following her to the other seasons instead of Naota makes me feel like the creators were trying to communicate something different than what I got out of it. Maybe I’ll watch the other 4 seasons of FLCL someday, but the 6 episodes I have now have been fine for 20 years.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

I looked into it and even though FLCL was straight up formative for me, I did not consider Haruko to be the main character, but the main antagonist, and so the show following her to the other seasons instead of Naota makes me feel like the creators were trying to communicate something different than what I got out of it. Maybe I’ll watch the other 4 seasons of FLCL someday, but the 6 episodes I have now have been fine for 20 years.

The creators of the original FLCL are not involved with the new FLCL. They followed Haruko because she was a much more recognizable and marketable character than Naota

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok cool, then I don’t have to care about it at all and I’ll just stick with the good season then

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ll just stick with the good season then

:hmmyes:

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Zach Braff Kingo'd himself and got all buff to star in a reboot of Cheaper By The Dozen, a film he never bothered watching, which will deal with depression, racism, and trans rights.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/zach-braff-interview-cheaper-by-dozen-florence-pugh-1235114339/

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The saddest man alive posted:

By the way, it’s nice to stand here and talk about a reboot that isn’t Scrubs.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Zach Braff sucks as much as literally anyone has ever sucked in Human History. Garden State ushered in the worst era of millenial fart huffing filmmaking and I will never forgive them for it

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

The creators of the original FLCL are not involved with the new FLCL. They followed Haruko because she was a much more recognizable and marketable character than Naota

And it's bizarre because she remains the antagonist in one of the series but is more chaotic good in the other.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Bust Rodd posted:

Zach Braff sucks as much as literally anyone has ever sucked in Human History. Garden State ushered in the worst era of millenial fart huffing filmmaking and I will never forgive them for it

He's apparently one of those actors that's a jerk; not because he's mean or arrogant, but because he's so insecure and lacking confidence that he gets all wigged out on set. There's actually a ton of guys like that

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

poisonpill posted:

He's apparently one of those actors that's a jerk; not because he's mean or arrogant, but because he's so insecure and lacking confidence that he gets all wigged out on set. There's actually a ton of guys like that

Are you implying something you gently caress? Is that a veiled dig at my posting?? *punches a wall*

*fetal position* I'm a good poster, I'm a good, manly poster

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lmao

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

He ruined natalie portman.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

DebonaireD posted:

He ruined natalie portman.

“What if a girl was annoying and crazy… but cute?” - that whole fuckin worthless movie

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

poisonpill posted:

Actors… pathetic

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

“What if a girl was annoying and crazy… but cute?” - that whole fuckin worthless movie

it's basically an anime. it's literally the g0m tweet in live action

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

ive been busy wasting my time in meatspace lately and havent had time to just post about the latest botw but the main takeaway for me is that josh looks like absolute dogshit. he is literally a thumb now. needs a neck drainin.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“now”

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
On the other hand Rich has lost weight

Look at a video from 3 years ago vs now

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

yeah rich somehow is aging well. mike is dying of course. jay is just jay

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

waiting for mike to pull a carrot top and get hideously swole for no reason

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's gonna be jack. He'll look just like his hog

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

X JAKK posted:

Zach Braff Kingo'd himself and got all buff to star in a reboot of Cheaper By The Dozen, a film he never bothered watching, which will deal with depression, racism, and trans rights.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/zach-braff-interview-cheaper-by-dozen-florence-pugh-1235114339/

according to that article Florence Pugh will be his co-star in the movie. She is also his girlfriend in real life. She is 26 and he is 46.

I assume that Zach braff will be the patriarch. So the two choices here are that Florence Pugh will be playing his wife, which is going to make no goddamn sense at all if she's supposed to have 12 children at age 26, or she's going to be playing his eldest daughter, which is also extremely creepy given that they're partners in real life.

Not to mention that obviously 26 and 46 violates the half your age plus seven rule.

What a creep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Rich lookin downright slim