Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

DevCore posted:

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt after covid. There's undoubtedly lingering fatigue/weakness and he's underperforming a small (but significant in F1) amount.

and apparently the car is having issues cornering with the brakes issue. Lando only getting 12th isn't good either. But Danny needs to fix his poo poo quick or this might be his last year driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MustardFacial posted:

Sounds pretty fair weather to me.

I don't believe in participation support just like I don't believe in participation trophies, pal

I am part of the Tifosi this weekend, rooting for the only team who gets participation money.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Dan's barely had any running and had covid last week, I'm going to give him a pass on this one in a car with issues, especially when you consider how tight the cutoffs for quali were.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

F1 is good again??

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Thanks Ants posted:

F1 is good again??

Max is in a position where he might win so it's still probably bad.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Max is in a position where he might win so it's still probably bad.

He has to try to overtake a quicker car without taking himself out though

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tsaedje posted:

He has to try to overtake a quicker car without taking himself out though

or he could just brake 50m late and dive bomb and run other cars off the track like he did last year?

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

Was driving all day but managed to listen in on the tail end of Q3. Ferrari is back!!

Have to feel good for KMag and Guenther.

Watching Bottas vs Hamilton tomorrow is going to be great too.

I hope development keeps 3-4 teams in it this year until everyone succumbs to Ferrari dominance!
#forzaferrari

e: Managed 91 with my team so far too!

zhel fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 19, 2022

speng31b
May 8, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

or he could just brake 50m late and dive bomb and run other cars off the track like he did last year?

Yeah, but if he's dive-bombing anyone other than lewis he'll just take himself out too, more often than not.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

boop the snoot posted:

we'll have to see how the var stewards feel about it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think the part I liked least was Horner being utterly insufferable when he implied he was persecuted by Masi and saying that all the decisions were always against Red Bull to a "really???" from Simon.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

DevCore posted:

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt after covid. There's undoubtedly lingering fatigue/weakness and he's underperforming a small (but significant in F1) amount.

Wow, so he has had covid since before there was covid.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I can't wait for the full Ferrari International Assistance efforts to step up and for every decision to go in favour of the Scud

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
2022 is the season to wash the taint of Max's "championship" off the sport with the help of a dirty WDC/WCC combo for Ferrari.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

EngineerJoe posted:

Are we still sharing our Fantasy teams? Can anyone beat 82 points?

I have the same team but turboed Sainz. Worried about Bottas and Russell starting next to each other.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I can live with it.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

marshalljim posted:

"championship"

:hmmyes:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tsaedje posted:

Dan's barely had any running and had covid last week, I'm going to give him a pass on this one in a car with issues, especially when you consider how tight the cutoffs for quali were.

Ah, I see the McLaren excuse train has arrived! How about those all powerful Benz engines eh? Seem to really be helping 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

OP, the engines are so powerful that the brakes can’t slow them back down again

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Ricciardo has looked like trash for 3 seasons.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Praying for our Lewis

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Frond posted:

eventually one of those birds will start landing on his car and he'll realize he's a binman at last

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

ethanol posted:

Praying for our Lewis

Praying for him to retire in disgrace

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Danny ric has shown time and time again he's a total binman in a new car to begin with, and it usually takes him half a season to figure it out

If these cars are as different to last year's as they are supposed to be he's just following his standard form

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

I can live with it.

So I lied. I cheated. I bribed posters to cover up the crimes of other posters. I am an accessory to shitposting. But most damning of all - I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again, I would. Quid was right about one thing - a guilty conscious is a small price to pay for the safety of Formula One. So I will learn to live with being a Ferrari fan. Because I can live with it.

Computer, erase that entire post.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

Too far!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I would love to disgracefully retire as the 7x world champion of anything.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

I allow my offspring to wear Ferrari clobber and I am ok with it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rebus posted:

I allow my offspring to wear Ferrari clobber and I am ok with it

Good forward planning for when they apply for a job at Maranello there.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Has anyone said Poopooya Boys yet?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

your friend wicka posted:

So I lied. I cheated. I bribed posters to cover up the crimes of other posters. I am an accessory to shitposting. But most damning of all - I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again, I would. Quid was right about one thing - a guilty conscious is a small price to pay for the safety of Formula One. So I will learn to live with being a Ferrari fan. Because I can live with it.

Computer, erase that entire post.

Mohammed Ben Sulayem wasn't happy when he got his hands on Ferrari's 2022 fuel sensor

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

what’s wrong with you

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/formula1cursed/status/1505217868455153664?s=20&t=4Bl7Imrp-g_VxNUUuWsVlQ

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Parappa the Dapper posted:

Sitting at 81 points and feeling ashamed for dropping KMag just before the quali

Same points and same feeling. I started having doubts and swapped him for Schumacher last minute. I went all in on the red bois though so the big bet paid off.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

Mohammed Ben Sulayem wasn't happy when he got his hands on Ferrari's 2022 fuel sensor

Thank you Khablam

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Frond posted:

Hi Ricciardo

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

KMag to everyone who doubted him:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7075641277475196166

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I don’t like this aspect of George where he talks like some wise F1 elder or a PR staffer. Saw it a lot last year and it doesn’t come across well at all. The whole act reminds me of Horner talking about his second drivers.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Just like it did to my computer, chrome has taken too many resources and ruined the McLaren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Can't stop lolling that all mazepin's money went into this car and he doesn't get to drive it.

Lol