Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Valko posted:

Does anyone know of a good fun stupid horror movie to watch? Like Killer Klowns From Outer Space?

I need to escape reality for a couple of hours and I've already watched the directors cut of Dawn of the Dead three times over the last few days.

I'm serious, life is killing me. I won't tell you why but I need to get out of this for a while.

if you've never seen return of the living dead get on it

one of the best ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
lol that more money has been spent on my av

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mr. Nice! posted:

lol that more money has been spent on my av

Eh, at least that one fits your username

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Eh, at least that one fits your username

yeah i really like this one. made me laugh when i first saw it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

yeah i really like this one. made me laugh when i first saw it.

It’s appropriate, but it’ll still take me some time not be looking for one of the Riker avs next to your username

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Valko posted:

Does anyone know of a good fun stupid horror movie to watch? Like Killer Klowns From Outer Space?

Slither

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fartknocker posted:

It’s appropriate, but it’ll still take me some time not be looking for one of the Riker avs next to your username

finally free of riker's island

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Treecko posted:

Texas Chainsaw 2 from 1986. This is a serious post.

Post more, lurker!

I have already seen most of the films mentioned except for this one.

I was watching Aberration. I remember renting it back when I was a teenager and most of my family liked it. It's not quite as good as I remember.

e: nostalgia is such a liar.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i wonder if my predator snatching thread would have fared better if i didn't bury the lede with that dumb goku stuff

i've already burned too many good clips to restart it. flew way too close to the sun, gotta keep it simple next time

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
the beginning of the "rings" movie is pretty funny. the cursed tape showing up on all the airplane tvs

i was also really high when i watched it so i don't remember if a bunch of little samaras crawl out of the little airplane tvs but that would be really funny if they did

also sadako has her own vlog now and she's super uWu!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOzd32QTIg4

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

this is todd

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
my actual fun stupid horror recommendation is 'psycho goreman' if you're okay with intentional kitsch

BONER X posted:

this is todd

hey todd

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Valky, have you seen the Leprechaun movies? They are extremely choice horror flicks.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Literally A Person posted:

Valky, have you seen the Leprechaun movies? They are extremely choice horror flicks.

I'm currently watching Day of thr Dead for the seventh time this week. My brother is basically a zombie the only reason he Isn't because he don't bite.

Sorry. It's E/N bullshit and I've been drinking myself.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Mac and Cheese posted:

my actual fun stupid horror recommendation is 'psycho goreman' if you're okay with intentional kitsch

this is a pretty fun movie, I thought the kids might be too grating but the performances work in context

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

TIP posted:

this is a pretty fun movie, I thought the kids might be too grating but the performances work in context

yeah once you make a kid that annoying it almost loops back around, i love that girl. it helps that instead off bossing around her parents she's bossing around an ancient evil demi-god

Valko posted:

I'm currently watching Day of thr Dead for the seventh time this week. My brother is basically a zombie the only reason he Isn't because he don't bite.

Sorry. It's E/N bullshit and I've been drinking myself.

it's okay this whole site is E/N now

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

you all are so loud keep quiet the night farmer is around.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Mac and Cheese posted:

it's okay this whole site is E/N now

No, It shouldn't be. I'll try to think of something fun to do tomorrow. I might walk out into the country and take pics.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

AKZ posted:

you all are so loud keep quiet the night farmer is around.

Hide the sheep

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I love Todd and Warick Davis in Leprechaun 3 or 4 and I don't care who knows!

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Playin the geetar this eve

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

spent all day implementing more poo poo for physics items in shoving sim

https://i.imgur.com/Wh2w4qx.mp4

drat that's fun lol

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Are you going to have a way to mod gravity? That way your players can experience what it's like to shove someone on the moon.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Zil posted:

Are you going to have a way to mod gravity? That way your players can experience what it's like to shove someone on the moon.

I've got astronaut character models and I have considered giving them modified gravity, however I feel like it would probably be kinda boring

so much of the movement you get out of shoving is gravity driven so they would just kinda end up falling really slow and not getting much damage

I would need to figure out how to make hurting someone in low gravity fun and then design a level around that

so maybe

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I need to implement something so that when they're flying through the air they scream until they hit something

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

This is great TIP.

Will you be able to feel like the different sizes of what you shove?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DONKEY SALAMI posted:

Will you be able to feel like the different sizes of what you shove?

I've read this sentence repeatedly and I'm still not sure what it means

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

that could be my fault, after a bunch of coding I am brain fried

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Like pushing heavier objects. Will you have a sense of that?

I'm thinking like the mad max game. When upgraded the car could feel the controller shake a bit when hit turbo. That was my thinking.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DONKEY SALAMI posted:

Like pushing heavier objects. Will you have a sense of that?

I'm thinking like the mad max game. When upgraded the car could feel the controller shake a bit when hit turbo. That was my thinking.

well, you're basically just pushing people, and they're all about the same size

I probably will put in some kind of haptic feedback based on how hard an impact with your hand is and that will be affected by overall mass

there will also be some melee weapons you'll be able to grab from the environment to whack people with and all of the interactions are physics based, however I purposely set the physics so that you're superhumanly jacked and can knock a grown man 8 feet in the air if you really go for it

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
put in some hooks on ropes that catch and gore and swing around people. maybe some pulley systems, loaded teeter totters, really rube goldberg that poo poo

the incredible machine of death

i'd be willing to waste a fair portion of my life on that

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
it was the fishbowl in the grassy knoll, i knew it

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Mac and Cheese posted:

put in some hooks on ropes that catch and gore and swing around people. maybe some pulley systems, loaded teeter totters, really rube goldberg that poo poo

the incredible machine of death

i'd be willing to waste a fair portion of my life on that

lol, yeah, I'm trying to build in as much weird physics stuff as I can to make it more entertaining

next on the docket is adding cars driving around that you can push people in front of and some physics based scaffolding that will break and tear apart

I also have a bunch of art for traps like sawblades that move around and hammer slammers and what not

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

gonna start really simple, just pushing someone down a stair case

then each new scenario will add a new element and then start combining all the things until it's just complete madness by the end

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
sounds like you're on the right track bro 👍 looking forward to see how this turns out

death stranding is a fantastic falling down staircase sim if you need inspiration

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Mac and Cheese posted:

sounds like you're on the right track bro 👍 looking forward to see how this turns out

:tipshat:

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Add a grappling hook. So you can yo yo people.

Just take a guy and shove then grapple over and over again after day at work.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DONKEY SALAMI posted:

Add a grappling hook. So you can yo yo people.

Just take a guy and shove then grapple over and over again after day at work.

I see the appeal but it would make it easy too easy to 3 star every level

but you could just shove the dude and immediately hit the restart button and he'd pop right back into place ready to be shoved again

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

You should be able to shove God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You should be able to shove God

lol, that's pretty good, maybe