Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Zags are gonna get away with this again aren’t they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I pity whatever team drafts him in the top 4. Ja Morant will chaos dunk him so far into the Earth's core he will die

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Isn't he like 19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That was dangerously close to 10 seconds for Gonzaga for what looked like no real reason.

I mean I guess good patient play since it wasn't, it just felt weird.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I should also note a while back I figured Memphis was just going to go away quietly now that Timme got going and they're hanging in there a lot more than I thought they would.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Poque posted:

I pity whatever team drafts him in the top 4. Ja Morant will chaos dunk him so far into the Earth's core he will die

who ever drafts him going to put into his contract he needs to consume a jar of peanut butter and a gallon of whole milk a day throughout the first year of his career

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
College basketball announcers love a quick two in a two possession game with <20 seconds left

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Memphis played very well this game and has nothing to feel bad about.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Wtf was that track meet poo poo for Gonzaga lol

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Mark Few is gradually turning into a gnome

gonna be a goofy rear end looking old dude

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's kind of goofy that Gonzaga gets to have NBA players while playing 20 games against gym teachers every year.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Sure would like to know what it feels like having your team hit clutch free throws to close out a game

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

R.D. Mangles posted:

it's kind of goofy that Gonzaga gets to have NBA players while playing 20 games against gym teachers every year.

I really don't understand how they convince people to come play in the WCC

Although I guess WCC had three tourney teams this year

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Sure would like to know what it feels like having your team hit clutch free throws to close out a game

tbf if Gonzaga were better than like 7 for 80 on FTs before then this game wouldn't have been close

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Timme giving everyone big beefy hugs lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lmao Timme trying to censor his halftime speech

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Lmao this Timme interview with the scrambling to self censor

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Dango Bango posted:

lmao Timme trying to censor his halftime speech

That's the most frantic defense he played all night

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shirts and skins posted:

Wtf was that track meet poo poo for Gonzaga lol

Someone else did that yesterday, I guess it's a thing that people do now. I hope someone works deep motion going toward the baseline into it right before the ref hands the ball to the inbounder so it's like a CFL play.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hahahaha okay I've done a 180 on Timme for dropping two shits in the post-game while trying not to drop an f-bomb

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
lol i opened the stream back up just as he closed his mouth. sounds funny though!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the government needs to intervene and put everyone who chooses to watch the coach k/izzofest tomorrow on a list

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

the government needs to intervene and put everyone who chooses to watch the coach k/izzofest tomorrow on a list

Our options are MSU-Duke or Wisconsin-ISU in the late afternoon slots. If I didn’t root for ISU, this would be like the opposite of Sophie’s Choice.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Houston can't shoot, but Illinois is AWFUL at rebounding.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Houston chucking 3s off the rim to pad their offensive rebound stats

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
is the early tip on Sunday new? for some reason i remembered the games really being packed in on first weekend Sundays.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
This is brutal I was hoping the illini wouldn't be as cold as last game but oof

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Illinois should try making their shots.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
This game feels like it's a complete mismatch and over

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Illinois looks like trash. Poor shooting....can't rebound. Cockburn regressed an buttload since last year. Part of that may be effort. He just looks slow and uninterested when the team isn't clicking.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Illinois is a collection of athletes, but not much of a basketball team.

It'd be hard to do a worse job of coaching than Underwood is. They've already started panic shooting.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol that's a foul?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Give all of plummer+curbelo minutes to Melendez and Goode

Starters have 5 made shots including the last second one. The freshmen are 4/4

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 20, 2022

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Creighton absolutely taking it to Iowa. Clark's going to have to do her thing or else this might get out of hand.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Houston and Illinois are driving me insane. I cannot stand teams jacking up 3s as a first option. When the shots are falling, it's great. But Illinois has a massive dude in Cockburn and he's only involved in the offense to clean the glass. Houston is very good at cutting and using their speed. But nope. Jack up 3s.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
coogs are gonna regret all these missed FTs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Houston and Illinois are driving me insane. I cannot stand teams jacking up 3s as a first option. When the shots are falling, it's great. But Illinois has a massive dude in Cockburn and he's only involved in the offense to clean the glass. Houston is very good at cutting and using their speed. But nope. Jack up 3s.

i, personally, think its very funny

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

marioinblack posted:

Creighton absolutely taking it to Iowa. Clark's going to have to do her thing or else this might get out of hand.

Creighton is playing near perfect and Iowa cannot get more than one shot in a row to land

They have Czanino locked down which is the real secret to stopping us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

DC Murderverse posted:

Creighton is playing near perfect and Iowa cannot get more than one shot in a row to land

They have Czanino locked down which is the real secret to stopping us.

Yeah, Iowa got some of the others involved toward the end there to keep the game a bit closer going into the half. Gotta address the rebounding because Creighton is dominating the glass