Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

EmmyOk posted:

His name is Boc and I have him a sewing set I found and he does altercations for me. He’s hiding out in the cave you fight the twin giant Demi human bosses. The one that leads to the dragon temple I’m pretty sure. He’s hanging out near dead at the start of the cave and the boss drops a needle and a sewing set and if you give him the needle he’s your manservant now. He shows up in the site of grace just after Stormveil and then again I think in the hate to the north of raya lucaria academy. I don’t understand what’s alterations do but he always tells me not to do it myself lol
Thanks for this, btw. I would have never found him again and he's got a cool questline.

Check out the glow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

American McGay posted:

Thanks for this, btw. I would have never found him again and he's got a cool questline.

Check out the glow up.

oh no

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh no

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the black blade kindred is very bad and i do not like it

I keep singing this to the tune of broad black brimmer by the wolfe tones

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Melania will probably take a day or two

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I started a second character as an Astrologer and oh my god sorcery

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

His name is Boc and I have him a sewing set I found and he does altercations for me. He’s hiding out in the cave you fight the twin giant Demi human bosses. The one that leads to the dragon temple I’m pretty sure. He’s hanging out near dead at the start of the cave and the boss drops a needle and a sewing set and if you give him the needle he’s your manservant now. He shows up in the site of grace just after Stormveil and then again I think in the hate to the north of raya lucaria academy. I don’t understand what’s alterations do but he always tells me not to do it myself lol

I heard this guy forever, but didn't know how to look for him :(

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Victory Position posted:

Turn multiplayer messages on.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Victory Position posted:

it took me so long I just killed him for wasting my time

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Alright Dung Eater, you've really gone and done it this time. I am pissed!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

Alright Dung Eater, you've really gone and done it this time. I am pissed!

Did he eat some turds that you had your eye on?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Did he eat some turds that you had your eye on?

he gave elden ring a 7 out of 10 on metacritic

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

lmao that dung eaters quest is just you feeding him 5 turds until he screams and dies

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love how unrepentantly horrible he is. There's no reason for him to be like that and he really needs to chill out like 15% but instead he just keeps smashing his head against walls, screaming about how much he loves turds, defiling stuff etc

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the man loves turds

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Was exploring the underground city @ Nekros or whatever the name is, working on getting to fight a re-skin of the big floaty deer, I assume & two crucible knights are down there: first guy who has some new moves goes down easy enough, but then there's the OG guy from the Gaol and punishing his openings with the Giant-Crusher is really hard, I thought, but doing the gaol CK at low SL I know his mvoes well = long cool fight & I get him low enough in health to trigger his phase 2 which I figure will be easier since it has bigger openings which is the main issue with Giant-Crusher & he proves me right by doing a swooping attack directly out of the plazebo window arc & into a bottomless hole lol

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Killed the gargoyle guarding the beast cleric @ Caelid with my big hammer and it was tough, but it was good practice for the gargoyle duo fight now they got owned so hard the 1st one was dead before the 2nd one was close enough to do its first attack. The Giant-Crusher owns. I should probably customize it to scale with strenght more, but keep forgetting about that being possible when actually playing.

Toughest and imo best fight so far in order: Radahn. Gargoyle guarding the beast cleric. Low SL Limgrave gaol Crucible Knight & Forest Sentinel

Liking the game a lot, but there's a lot of DaS2 tier bosses and repeats that you just plow through. I like fighting the Erdtree Avatars aka tree penises so I don't mind those, but the dragons are all super lame and samey imo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Grandmother of Five posted:

Killed the gargoyle guarding the beast cleric @ Caelid with my big hammer and it was tough, but it was good practice for the gargoyle duo fight now they got owned so hard the 1st one was dead before the 2nd one was close enough to do its first attack. The Giant-Crusher owns. I should probably customize it to scale with strenght more, but keep forgetting about that being possible when actually playing.

Toughest and imo best fight so far in order: Radahn. Gargoyle guarding the beast cleric. Low SL Limgrave gaol Crucible Knight & Forest Sentinel

Liking the game a lot, but there's a lot of DaS2 tier bosses and repeats that you just plow through. I like fighting the Erdtree Avatars aka tree penises so I don't mind those, but the dragons are all super lame and samey imo

tjose arent the tree penises, you'll know em when you see em

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

lol I did that too but it was very much a "Hey can I make him fly out this window" thing I was actively trying to do.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

My dude loves to get in coffins. It's still not quite dunk head in wax but the player character does an impressive range of strange things in this game

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My dude loves to get in coffins. It's still not quite dunk head in wax but the player character does an impressive range of strange things in this game

for real. i guess she's thinkin "cant get any worse" after getting puked on by gargoyles for an hour or wading through a lake of blood lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Black Blade Kindred is great. Took a while to master him because he could kill me so easily and took so little damage but was fun to learn. The twin gargoyles in Nokron still sucks and it’s just exclusively down to that staggering poison cloud with absurd range.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’ve been helping out a bunch with the twin gargoyles fight and I hate every single host who summons D. He does no damage and just buffs the bosses and it also means the host just will not get that we need to split the gargoyles up

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Black Blade Kindred is great. Took a while to master him because he could kill me so easily and took so little damage but was fun to learn. The twin gargoyles in Nokron still sucks and it’s just exclusively down to that staggering poison cloud with absurd range.

why does it stagger?? why? i want to love this fight, it's almost good.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I got the tude now posted:

why does it stagger?? why? i want to love this fight, it's almost good.

Lol ya so tou can’t even take the poison risk and press aggro. It’s so bad the range on it was so big and they do it so much. I just came back when I could kill the first one quickly enough similar to the one in das. Still took a few tries to finish them off during the overlap.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

*walks into green, red or blue poisonous gas mist fart molecule*
sound designer, geniusly: CLANK

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
This game is hella good tho. Nokrons one of my favorite souls levels

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The only boss repeat that bothered me at all was Godskin Duo just because I didn't like having "here's two minibosses you've fought three times each before, but now together" as part of the main, required progression and I felt like it would've been better not to have a boss in that room at all if they didn't have the resources to make a unique one. It's not like there aren't two other actually good and unique bosses in that zone.

All the open world and mini dungeon boss repeats didn't bother me at all. Same for Margit/Morgott being fought three times, he's just this game's Kuze

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Harrow posted:

Same for Margit/Morgott being fought three times, he's just this game's Kuze
Three?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I missed it on my first playthrough too, he can attack you in the open world in Altus on your way to the Capital

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tbh the over use is kind of lame and also in lots of places like not needed. Both of the magma worms in volcano manor didn't need to be there and are easy but long

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I spent basically all of last night trying to figure out three puzzles, and I only solved two of them. on that castle morne continent, I somehow managed to solve the turtle puzzle near the tower. it helps that I've been killing every one I encounter, but I basically got the invisible one through sheer luck. it took me forever to find the item I got, and I don't understand what a slot is, lol.
another statue said something that I didn't write down and shone a light into the ground, though, and I can't get it to say it again, so I guess I'll just leave that marker on my map.

near as I can tell, I got nothing for the crater pocked area even though I cleared it.

I also got to the treeface freak with all the gargoyles and had to give up and it took me forever to figure out how to get past the spike trap. I kept going to the little safe space that was marked by the flower and thinking I had to get higher instead of falling below

anyway, I ended in the morne tunnels and barely lost to the boss. I only leveled once in the entire playthrough, I lost so many loving runes to that trap, lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The items you pick up show what category they are (consumable/key/talisman) in the corner of the pop up box, but if it's in the heat of the moment and you mash through it or you just weren't paying attention you can sort all the inventory screens by last acquired with L3 which should help if you're having a "what the gently caress did I just pick up" moment.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

American McGay posted:

The items you pick up show what category they are (consumable/key/talisman) in the corner of the pop up box, but if it's in the heat of the moment and you mash through it or you just weren't paying attention you can sort all the inventory screens by last acquired with L3 which should help if you're having a "what the gently caress did I just pick up" moment.

holy poo poo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

thank you, legit good tip

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

This game is hella good tho. Nokrons one of my favorite souls levels

I love the whole underground, weird areas that connect and have weird bosses and enemies and are cool as hell

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i keep finding new ways into the underground and i't s all just so sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i just gound the thing after the gargoyles and i'm flipping out at the area name