Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jay Rust posted:

That was a good Rall. Thank you Rall.

No such thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Jay Rust posted:

That was a good Rall. Thank you Rall.

Every time someone says this the next few Ralls are some of the worst ever.

It also happened with Delonas.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Neito posted:

Sovcit stuff is always my favorite type of crazy because it's always something like "TOM of the family JONES avoided paying onerous taxes to THE QUEEN WHO OWNS ALL by sending a higgldy-piggledy to the Mayor of London on the seventeenth moon of their eclisiastic cycle. And it worked! Except for the fact that they were arrested, and jailed, and forced to pay the back taxes, and the fines, and were kicked in the balls for biting a bailiff and screaming that he just sucked out his soul. Buy my book for $49.99 plus $200 shipping and handling to lean my secret about how you, too, can never pay taxes again" and the first word out of their loving mouth is always "Do you take checks, or should I just send you the deed to my house?"

They all go by something lower than air bud rules and it's amazing

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

welp

Least Concealed Bigotry: LGBT+

4 also, but 3 is worse

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Looks like Least Concealed Bigotry LGBT is going to be a loving bumper crop this year too.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

There's of course a lot of thread regulars who utterly loathe the LGBT+ community, but I really do think Gary McCoy probably hates us the most. I just get this raw, angry, absolutely unbridled vitriol from his works that I don't really see in anyone else, save for possibly Pat Cross.

I guess maybe that's the only real other contender that I can see. Either McCoy or Cross holds the title. Everyone else is just tame in comparison to these absolute monsters.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Clay Jones

Gary Varvel

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

If only there was a way to work outside the office. Maybe even at home.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Maybe you shouldn't have to pay out of your own pocket just to do things your job requires anyway!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vib Rib posted:

Maybe you shouldn't have to pay out of your own pocket just to do things your job requires anyway!

:actually: he's paying with his employer's money because he earns a salary and therefore :words:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

oobey posted:

There's of course a lot of thread regulars who utterly loathe the LGBT+ community, but I really do think Gary McCoy probably hates us the most. I just get this raw, angry, absolutely unbridled vitriol from his works that I don't really see in anyone else, save for possibly Pat Cross.

I guess maybe that's the only real other contender that I can see. Either McCoy or Cross holds the title. Everyone else is just tame in comparison to these absolute monsters.

I dunno, Ben Garrison also seems to have a loathing of anything even slightly gender non-confirming that runs disturbingly deep.

And of course there's also....

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I've got no idea what's going on with Sinfest and I don't think I want to. Especially if the personification of 2022 is aging like last year where in March/April 2021 was very obviously a teen with pigtails.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is that sex robot the personification of 2022? I thought we were getting away without one of those this year.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Can't wait for Sinfest's spin on Ukraine war. Are the Ukrainians woke nazis that the Russians are liberating or another way around? Everything is possible, also that it spins suddenly another way around in the middle of comic, like police in is sometimes good and sometimes bad.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Fuckin lol. I guess furries are solidly in the enemy camp for Sinfest.

Weed is still a-ok tho.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

That has to be the lamest "sexy dance" ever.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wrex Ruckus posted:

welp

Least Concealed Bigotry: LGBT+

4 also, but 3 is worse

I know it's besides the point but would a body builder like that be an awful swimmer? It's certain women swimmers would beat that build any day of the week.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Yes, thank you Ishida, those are indeed some of the social side effects of HRT.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Raised By Birds posted:

Fuckin lol. I guess furries are solidly in the enemy camp for Sinfest.

Weed is still a-ok tho.

It always gets me how the only people that seem to be happy in these strips are the Bad People. Look at this group of WOKES, just smiling and being confident in themselves, just the worst. Meanwhile, here's our protagonists, wandering around looking worried and/or grim about everyone else being happy the entire year, occasionally making a snide comment or a noise of disapproval but never doing anything of substance.

Unrelatedly, I'm still laughing about how he killed 2021 offscreen and then just forgot about it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I know it's besides the point but would a body builder like that be an awful swimmer? It's certain women swimmers would beat that build any day of the week.

Yes, but otherwise how would you know that the person was AMAB?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Jedit posted:

Yes, but otherwise how would you know that the person was AMAB?
Probably because even after all that McCoy still had to make the punchline "get it?? they have a penis!"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's also worth noting that transitioning does not automatically make you a better athlete:
https://www.newyorker.com/sports/sporting-scene/how-one-swimmer-became-the-focus-of-a-debate-about-trans-athletes

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

wizzardstaff posted:

Yes, thank you Ishida, those are indeed some of the social side effects of HRT.

That Sinfest is bordering on being AGC.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

oobey posted:

Have you not seen Branco's cartoons about trans people? Branco had three nominations for Least Concealed Bigtory against trans people in last year's Kellies, McCoy only had one and it didn't even depict a trans person, it just showed Biden at a desk. I'd rank McCoy as much more tame than Branco for sure, I'd put him at about Skelley or Bok's level, where yeah they hate trans people but they clearly don't think about it outside of the few times they have to make a cartoon about it due to right wing media. Branco though, especially with his gross caricatures, just oozes hatred for trans women in an especially vile way.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
The problem here isn't the fuel price, if you can't afford the fuel needed to get to work your pay is total poo poo and nobody should be working there for such a pittance, organize, strike, demand better.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

I wonder if there's a Russian version of Rall.

A guy who makes antiwar cartoons and criticizes Putin and his own government's lies and hypocrisies, and even though he's kinda incompetent at it there's a Russian language cartoon forum somewhere where everyone's flipping out that he's a spy and a NATO propagandist and a blame-Russia-first fifth columnist etc

There are, but it's a tragic story about an accident where a railing at a hotel they were staying at gave away and they plummeted to their deaths.

It just kind of keeps happening.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Doesn't sound like much of a mystery to me. I know the implication is that they'll stop being hateful bigots if you tell them their bigotry is cool and doesn't reflect poorly on them, but there's a single little flaw in that line of thought.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Alhazred posted:

It's also worth noting that transitioning does not automatically make you a better athlete:
https://www.newyorker.com/sports/sporting-scene/how-one-swimmer-became-the-focus-of-a-debate-about-trans-athletes
They frame it as men who can’t hack it in sports so they transition to WIN BIG. Which is wild for so many reasons.

First, Lia is a college student, so while you could claim she did for scholarships, she came out after she had graduated high school. They also try to frame her as a loser, but she took 2nd in the men’s championship her sophomore year at university.

Next, she is on hormones, which does stuff to the body. I know, chromosomes are literally the only thing that governs sex, nothing else matters at all, but put a pin in this.

So what are Lia’s reasons for being a dirty rotten cheat, if you prescribe to the reactionary point of view? She didn’t do it for a scholarship, she was already doing well prior to transition, and money for women’s sports is uh…not great. Fame? Women’s sports aren’t even in the minority of airtime, they’re practically a statistical error. Men’s sports has like 96% or so of coverage, and even gender neutral sports get a bit more. You likely would not have known about this swimming championship had Lia not won.

Now let’s go back to hormones, which Lia has been on fir nearly three years so a lot of changes are permanent. Lia is basically giving up fertility, undergoing genital shrinkage, breasts development, and many other permanent changes IN ADDITION to intense media scrutiny so she can apparently dominate in sports the overwhelming majority of people barely know exist.

Yeah, that’s loving genius I can’t believe I never saw it that way.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

First, Lia is a college student, so while you could claim she did for scholarships, she came out after she had graduated high school. They also try to frame her as a loser, but she took 2nd in the men’s championship her sophomore year at university.

I agree with what you're saying place but 2nd place IS losing in the US.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And don't forget that if you force trans women to compete in men's leagues, you also have to force trans men to compete in women's leagues. Obviously this doesn't matter to the diehard bigots, because their end goal is for trans people to just stop existing, but it's worth pointing out to the people who haven't given it much thought and are swayed by the concern trolling.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Fister Roboto posted:

And don't forget that if you force trans women to compete in men's leagues, you also have to force trans men to compete in women's leagues. Obviously this doesn't matter to the diehard bigots, because their end goal is for trans people to just stop existing, but it's worth pointing out to the people who haven't given it much thought and are swayed by the concern trolling.

Trans men don't exist to these bigots.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Fister Roboto posted:

And don't forget that if you force trans women to compete in men's leagues, you also have to force trans men to compete in women’s leagues. Obviously this doesn't matter to the diehard bigots, because their end goal is for trans people to just stop existing, but it's worth pointing out to the people who haven't given it much thought and are swayed by the concern trolling.

Trans what now? I don’t understand. :confused:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

In my experience they will either stubbornly pretend not to understand what you're talking about (ie continue to insist that one Texas transboy wrestler who was forced to compete with the girls is a transgirl who was born a boy), or they'll just say "yeah that's why there should just be a blanket ban on anyone who transitions"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Neito posted:

Trans men are cute tomboys hijacked by Big Trans Movement.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Neito posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3k0ypav-DU
90% of the comments are "how dare this dude pretend to be a girl to win in sports!".

9% are "oh, this person was assigned female at birth? Uh... umm... hormones! Yeah, that's definitely what we all care about now!"

VitalSigns posted:

In my experience they will either stubbornly pretend not to understand what you're talking about (ie continue to insist that one Texas transboy wrestler who was forced to compete with the girls is a transgirl who was born a boy), or they'll just say "yeah that's why there should just be a blanket ban on anyone who transitions"
eh phoebe.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 20, 2022

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Xander77 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3k0ypav-DU
90% of the comments are "how dare this dude pretend to be a girl to win in sports!".

9% are "oh, this person was assigned female at birth? Uh... umm... hormones! Yeah, that's definitely what we all care about now!"

eh phoebe.

F-M "She's on testosterone! It's cheating!"
M-F "Hormone therapy doesn't matter! He's cheating!"

Consistency isn't really a thing with bigots. Neither is science or any other evidence based decision making. Just hating who you feel you should hate.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Xander77 posted:

eh phoebe.

I'm glad to hear about one of the lesser-known Homestar Runner characters transitioning. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:newlol: