Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Kuiperdolin posted:

Has anyone figured out something cool and broken to do with ally recruitment? I've tried a few empire and dwarf troops as Kislev but always felt I'd rather have my own units, especially with lord and tech bonuses. Underwhelming.

I find dwarf/empire artillery to be much better than little Grom, even if it's less mobile. I usually go for that or the flamethrower guys. Wood elf units are also nice, as people have mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

the main downside to taking Slaanesh's bargain is that you need at least 5 Urson roars to win the campaign. At this point in my current campaign, Urson just did his fourth roar and Im pretty sure I'll have complete control of the map by the time Urson roars again. Cathay is the only nation left doing the race right now and Im currently busting down their wall with near endless doomstacks. Skarbrand owns

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I hope that mods can turn the rifts into something a bit more fun. I like the idea that you can use them to travel really far, I'd say just run with that. If you wanna use them to travel, then it should be dangerous. Make your army actually a walk through at least some of the chaos realm if you wanna send them across the campaign map.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I hope that mods can turn the rifts into something a bit more fun. I like the idea that you can use them to travel really far, I'd say just run with that. If you wanna use them to travel, then it should be dangerous. Make your army actually a walk through at least some of the chaos realm if you wanna send them across the campaign map.

That would be unfathomably awful for traversing Tzeentch portals

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Door Frame posted:

That would be unfathomably awful for traversing Tzeentch portals

Well, presumably it'd tell you where the actual exit portal is for each realm. I don't think itd be a good idea to have to go through the whole realm each time. Just something more than Pay Money to Travel through the rift. Or have the type of rift dictate which realm you'd need to go through, so you could avoid certain ones if you wanted to

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

the main downside to taking Slaanesh's bargain is that you need at least 5 Urson roars to win the campaign. At this point in my current campaign, Urson just did his fourth roar and Im pretty sure I'll have complete control of the map by the time Urson roars again. Cathay is the only nation left doing the race right now and Im currently busting down their wall with near endless doomstacks. Skarbrand owns

You can just go to Slaanesh and take a bargain every time and commit to domination. For factions that have problems with replenishment (both Slaanesh and Tzeentch struggle with that, I think) grabbing the replenishment and growth from the second circle does sound pretty sweet.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I always go Slaanesh first and to the very end. If he offers me the sycophant follower that increases +XP gain exponentially, I take that. If he offers something else, I take the soul. Then you just pass the sycophant follower around all your guys and watch them level fast. There have been bigger battles where I've had it equipped and a character that was already level 20 gained 10-12 levels afterwards. It's so OP.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
FYI 5 turns after the portals open you can jump around and fight as many portal armies as you are strong enough to handle in the same turn

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Getting Welves with anyone is pretty amazing,

especially if you get Welves with Slaanesh, they're such a nice plug for Slaanesh's weaknesses.

Also, wow Legend really went off there didn't he. Anyways, I'm looking forward to playing again when 1.1 drops, gonna give the ogres a go although I kinda hate both lords -_-

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Staltran posted:

like this isn't even hiding that their problem isn't with any stupid stuff legend has said, but just that they hate it when people cheese a single player game

Oh no, it isn't cheesing the game that makes him bad.

It is how he does it that shows off deeper problems.

Anyone who spends a good amount of time microing a lord back and forth to waste an enemies ammunition because they must play on the highest difficulty has a brain problem.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The game has a difficulty slider. Why are you maxing it out? If they made one more notch that made it so your hero would die in one hit, called it extreme, he would be on it because it is how far the slider goes.

And then he would complain about it.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Is there any updates on when steam workshop mods are available? Also imMortal Empire map is still like 2+ months out?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Playing on legendary does not make you a bad person.
Cheesing anything does not make you a bad person.

Doing these things and then complaining about it is a huge red flag. Anyone who then complains about the game could do a few things here like walk away or change how the game is played with available settings. He does not.

This is followed by his sense of entitlement from what he expects his relation is with CA. It exists only in his mind and is entirely one sided. Like a dangerous boyfriend who is expecting more than he should out of a relationship that isn't real.

He is broken brained.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I just play the game on hard and make funny armies with things I like in them.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Is there any updates on when steam workshop mods are available? Also imMortal Empire map is still like 2+ months out?

Workshop next month with first major update.

Immortal Empires renamed “Old World Citizen”

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/dev-diary-1-1-20220318/
The goal is to release the mod manager & enable workshop support in update 1.1.
There's no timeframe for release of the new Assembly Kit or Immortal Empires.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Third World Reagan posted:

Doing these things and then complaining about it is a huge red flag. Anyone who then complains about the game could do a few things here like walk away or change how the game is played with available settings. He does not.

What do any of Legend's complaints with the game have to do with the difficulty? (Also, what makes you think Legend would never waste enemy ammo if he was playing on a lower difficulty?)

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm surprised they haven't said much about performance, the game gets substantially lower FPS than WH2 despite having mostly the same settings.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm surprised they haven't said much about performance, the game gets substantially lower FPS than WH2 despite having mostly the same settings.

I feel like kind of out of nowhere new games have been exceedingly unoptimized on PC. Elden Ring, Stranger of Paradise, and TWWH3 are all pretty terribly optimized.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Doesn't TWW3 performance vary pretty widely between different machines? It runs fine for me. Except for a couple crashes and the time Windows froze completely when I was playing. But fps-wise I haven't had problems.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I get terrible framerates on the campaign map, but in battles it both looks and runs better than WH2. I have no idea why.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Like a dangerous boyfriend who is expecting more than he should out of a relationship that isn't real.

lol

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
can we ban legend chat this is getting really weird

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Oh no, it isn't cheesing the game that makes him bad.

It is how he does it that shows off deeper problems.

Anyone who spends a good amount of time microing a lord back and forth to waste an enemies ammunition because they must play on the highest difficulty has a brain problem.

Patience and wanting to play a game optimally is a sign of mental illness, got it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

This is followed by his sense of entitlement from what he expects his relation is with CA. It exists only in his mind and is entirely one sided. Like a dangerous boyfriend who is expecting more than he should out of a relationship that isn't real.

:yikes:

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Chucat posted:

Patience and wanting to play a game optimally is a sign of mental illness, got it.

Crazy how you can have patience enough to retreat from the same battle for two hours but not to like wait for some patches and the big map

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I have been getting a ton of use out of selling “join war” and this works especially well with demons because you can sell a war dec for factions you haven’t discovered yet that you will auto declare on the second you spot them anyway. It’s great for milking Norsca of their cash since they can see the Empire.

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

JBP posted:

I just play the game on hard and make funny armies with things I like in them.

same, i did that for like 800 hours in total warhammer 2 and it was pretty fun. imagine playing video games for a job and not enjoying yourself at all

Twigand Berries posted:

Crazy how you can have patience enough to retreat from the same battle for two hours but not to like wait for some patches and the big map

lol

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Staltran posted:

Doesn't TWW3 performance vary pretty widely between different machines? It runs fine for me. Except for a couple crashes and the time Windows froze completely when I was playing. But fps-wise I haven't had problems.

I have the exact card in the recommended specs and if I don't turn it down to like medium I get like 30-40 fps. TWW2 ran substantially better.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

He is broken brained.

still cracking up at this. truly marked by the chaos god of posting.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I'm not going to say he's mentally ill (Because lol) but I remember one of his saving disaster battle videos where he played a giant siege on hard instead of whatever the top difficulty is because he couldn't change it based on where the save was.

He kept on remarking how much better this was, melee was suddenly viable but not a certain thing so fights were tense and close, he didn't have to cheese every little thing and instead could focus on just playing like normal and even how much fun it was to not have to treat the battle like defusing a bomb. The comments section was full of people saying how much they enjoyed this battle and hoped he'd do more stuff on just hard so that not just ranged spam was viable.

He immediately went back to max difficulty fights and complains how melee isn't viable and people are stupid for building armies that aren't one note ranged spam, even as he bumps up the difficulty for the battle to make melee unviable.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
That's weird, I've never seen Legend complain about melee being bad. Given that he prefers ranged that would be a bit weird to complain about, too. Never seen him complain about people playing the game "wrong" either.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Inside each of us, there is a LegendofTotalWar trying to get out

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Staltran posted:

That's weird, I've never seen Legend complain about melee being bad. Given that he prefers ranged that would be a bit weird to complain about, too. Never seen him complain about people playing the game "wrong" either.

I can go find the videos but I've seen multiple where's he's criticized people for including storm vermin or plague monks in a skaven army (Because you should only have ratlings, catapults and warp lightning cannons) or some other melee unit (That isn't a giant monster like mammoths).

From what I've heard him say it's not that he prefers ranged but that on legendary difficulty the "cheats" it gives enemy melee units in terms of leadership, melee defense, attack etc mean that your melee units cannot win fights against AI melee. I looked up what the numbers were and between your units having -4 leadership, the enemy getting +10 and between a 15% to 20% stat buff I can very easily understand why he plays the way he does.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Carcer posted:

I can go find the videos but I've seen multiple where's he's criticized people for including storm vermin or plague monks in a skaven army (Because you should only have ratlings, catapults and warp lightning cannons) or some other melee unit (That isn't a giant monster like mammoths).

From what I've heard him say it's not that he prefers ranged but that on legendary difficulty the "cheats" it gives enemy melee units in terms of leadership, melee defense, attack etc mean that your melee units cannot win fights against AI melee. I looked up what the numbers were and between your units having -4 leadership, the enemy getting +10 and between a 15% to 20% stat buff I can very easily understand why he plays the way he does.

He also says Melee is more viable as a unit in WH3. The other reason the Ranged Meta is the Ranged Meta is that a Ranged unit is, mostly, shooting things with a resource that replenishes to full at the start of each battle, you can't run out of arrows between fights. So let's say you have a full health ranged unit and a full health melee unit. Both take damage, but the ranged unit even with less models is still outputting the same damage compared to the Melee unit who's less effective at its job.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I've not really watched many or maybe any of his videos after the first few when TWW3 released, I'm glad that aspect is at least better for him. The only video of his I've watched the full way through for TWW3 was the one where he had to lose a battle while inflicting as much damage to his "allies" as possible, in the others he starts complaining and that just turns me off.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Carcer posted:

This is literally it. It's not a matter of loving ranged and hating melee, it's that the difficulty mods in TWW2 made it if you played on VH or Legendary, melee troops horribly underperformed against enemy melee unless you were at a huge tech advantage, whereas ranged units suffered pretty much no penalties and were working at 100% performance.

TWW3 doesn't seem to suffer from this problem. Melee troops perform extremely well even on higher difficulties, so the gap is less. Ranged are still technically more efficient but it's not remotely as bad as it was.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
"i loving hate this game, i'm going to keep playing it forever" is still extremely loving weird. Its extra weird too, seeing as he's indicated that he doesn't need to do this to live.

Man just lives off of hating poo poo. I get it, after all I used to play OW ranked. But eventually you gotta go do something that doesn't turn you into some weirdo entitled person.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Just like Archaon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
People are allowed to complain about things they don't like or find unfun. People are allowed to disagree with those complaints.

He is broken brained.

This is an insane way to think about a streamer/video maker you do not even have to watch.