Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Can a smart F1 engineer (that definitely posts in this thread) explain to me why/how both RB cars died within a lap of each other?

Also: worried about my friend from college that's an engineer for the AM team. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Residency Evil posted:

Can a smart F1 engineer (that definitely posts in this thread) explain to me why/how both RB cars died within a lap of each other?

Also: worried about my friend from college that's an engineer for the AM team. :ohdear:

I read on F1 technical over on Reddit that the SC might have played an issue with the cooling.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Residency Evil posted:

My guess is as good as yours. Something overheating and failing at roughly the same time maybe?

I wouldn't worry about your engineer friend, we get paid whatever happens.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Cimber posted:

I read on F1 technical over on Reddit that the SC might have played an issue with the cooling.

learnincurve posted:

These cars going to catch on fire under SC

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Cimber posted:

So their engines catching fire causing a safety car then results in all the other engines failing, this is good

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Thanks Ants posted:

So their engines catching fire causing a safety car then results in all the other engines failing, this is good

its incredibly good, op

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Twitter was rumoring fuel injection issue, but if it was really based on overheating under safety car that doesn't bode well for RB

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

it started within the safety car, I think the hydraulics may have cooked themselves because max's steering issue materialised after that pit stop

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

boop the snoot posted:

its incredibly good, op

What's not good is the papaya team, though they've told me they will have it all fixed for Australia

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

speng31b posted:

Twitter was rumoring fuel injection issue, but if it was really based on overheating under safety car that doesn't bode well for RB

Fuel injection wouldn't cause Perez's rear axle to lock like that.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Toto is going to pay a team each race to crash.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Toto Briatore

speng31b
May 8, 2010

you know what it was, max didnt zigzag under SC enough. his magic zigzag would have saved the day

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Mods please make this my avatar tia

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Ethiser posted:

Max will start driving into Ferraris soon anyway

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

italian quid posted:

Fuel injection wouldn't cause Perez's rear axle to lock like that.

My guess would be hydraulics, which could affect both power steering and lock the gearbox.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

boop the snoot posted:

HA HA!

YES!

YES!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ethiser posted:

how quaint. horner just presses the button to blow up gasly's engine using AWS

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

go haas

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Red Warrior posted:

HA HA!

YES!

YES!

Someone who is good a Photoshop please do the needful

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
How did everyone do today? Stats haven't updated yet so this is me, sporting 226 points.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
maybe rbr are running their engines at higher modes because they couldnt manage to keep the same hps with the new gas mix?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

boop the snoot posted:

Now THIS is good content

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

I got 221 points. Had Perez on my team so I was set up very well until the end there.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Red Warrior posted:

HA HA!

YES!

YES!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pablo Bluth posted:

My guess would be hydraulics, which could affect both power steering and lock the gearbox.

That would be my guess too although given Gasly's fire I think they're probably struggling with cooling overall,

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Race 1 means nothing, I say, trying to hide the panic in my voice

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
oh dear. my fantasy teams are definitely going to need some work. :lmao:

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Zeta Acosta posted:

maybe rbr are running their engines at higher modes because they couldnt manage to keep the same hps with the new gas mix?

they'd better hope that's it, otherwise they're going to explode every time there's a safety car lol

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Lmfao literally gently caress all of you non Ferrari boys. I can taste Horner's cancer.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

fokkin ell yes

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Right click

Save as

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My money is still on Newey trying to pull some size zero nonsense on Honda, and it was the initial designs that made them nope out of having their name on the car.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I hope whatever the problem is can't be fixed easily without losing tons of performance

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Thanks Ants posted:

I hope whatever the problem is can't be fixed easily without losing tons of performance

We can only hope.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm going to the Italian grocery store to celebrate the stunning display by the Scuderia Stallions this Sunday 🤌

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
where the gently caress is my failrarri fuckman tag. that was the last race i saw with my ex lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm going to cum all over the curtains of this hotel to celebrate the Scud win.