Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

How does someone who makes their living drawing, draw that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Maybe she's renting an upstairs apartment in Groverhaus?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Some people just want to watch the world burn. Some of those are insane clown criminals, others are middle-aged architects with no oversight at work.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Bruceski posted:

Okay, don't panic, there's no hinges on this side so maybe she...

new theory: that's a closet in the bathroom and not the main entrance. The way to her bat-arsenal hidden in plain sight.

There is also no door handle. Just a bolt. Maybe it's just painted on?

Edit: I just noticed the carpet, what the gently caress

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

just install the toilet and tub on top of the carpet.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Maybe it's a doll house and the toilet and tub can be taken out?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Iirc someone chimed in last time that pic came up that she was in a nightmare or something, so the bizarre layout was intentional.

It makes a great spot the problems with this room out of context regardless though.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Detective Comics #7 (1937)

Marshal Law: The Deluxe Edition (2013; reprints)

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Darthemed posted:

I had a flick through some early Marshal Law because of this thread.

I've always loved Kevin O'Neill's grotesquery but his stylised fight scenes are fantastic.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The tone of the original Marshal Law miniseries is actually fairly straight and serious - you're meant to be appalled by the grotesque violence like a child being hurled face-first through a concrete wall. The later books were where it went into all-out black splatter-comedy - though again, with 'this part isn't actually funny' underpinnings. Like Frank Castle expy "Don Matrione" having pages going into graphic detail about all the horrific acts of torture and murder he committed as a US 'advisor' in Central America that seem an OTT way to establish his bona fides as a villain... except that decades later I learned that "Dan Mitrione" was real, if anything even more monstrous, and is regarded as an American hero. :stare:

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

From a comic book version of the Mahabharata.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The mother looking extremely good for a woman who just gave birth

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

thetoughestbean posted:

The mother looking extremely good for a woman who just gave birth

Especially so considering the baby is about half the size of her, and I gotta imagine those extra two arms just made it even more difficult.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Krsna in the first panel just waiting to be That Guy:

"That's a pretty cool story, bro, but one time I was cruising with Arjuna in the battle-chariot..."

e: okay, looked up Shishupala's story and Krsna is probably, gently caress, why are you telling this story, like I'm right here, this is so loving embarassing.

Elissimpark fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 20, 2022

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Elissimpark posted:

Krsna in the first panel just waiting to be That Guy:

"That's a pretty cool story, bro, but one time I was cruising with Arjuna in the battle-chariot..."

e: okay, looked up Shishupala's story and Krsna is probably, gently caress, why are you telling this story, like I'm right here, this is so loving embarassing.

Haha, yeah, about two pages later Krishna has enough of adult Shisupala's bullshit and beheads him with his chakra, then reabsorbs his spirit or something. It's very anime for not being anime, really.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

Haha, yeah, about two pages later Krishna has enough of adult Shisupala's bullshit and beheads him with his chakra, then reabsorbs his spirit or something. It's very anime for not being anime, really.

The illustration from Wikipedia is pretty cool:

Got him mid dickery.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Elissimpark posted:

The illustration from Wikipedia is pretty cool:

Got him mid dickery.

DO YOU WANT SOME FRITTATA

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Based on the illustration it looks like India has excellent ganja.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

Based on the illustration it looks like India has excellent ganja.

gently caress your edibles, Bhishma, I can't feel a thiiiiiiIIIINNnnGg...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
E: wrong thread

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

:lol:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

:hmmyes:

Ghost Rider #51 (1980)

Captain Marvel #28 (2002)

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Darthemed posted:

What's the context for a nazi(?) clowning and dropping zingers on a knock off green lantern?

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Hel posted:

What's the context for a nazi(?) clowning and dropping zingers on a knock off green lantern?

He's a super-extremist parody of Judge Dredd in a deconstruction of American Golden/Silver age superhero comics and American culture in general, seen through a British lens.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

BooDooBoo posted:

He's a super-extremist parody of Judge Dredd in a deconstruction of American Golden/Silver age superhero comics and American culture in general, seen through a British lens.

Isn't Judge Dredd already a deconstruction of American Golden/Silver age superhero comics and American culture in general, seen through a British lens?

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

Isn't Judge Dredd already a deconstruction of American Golden/Silver age superhero comics and American culture in general, seen through a British lens?

Dredd doesn't do so much Superhero fighting, but other than that? Yep!

They share Pat Mills as a creator, so it's not unexpected!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

BooDooBoo posted:

Dredd doesn't do so much Superhero fighting, but other than that? Yep!

They share Pat Mills as a creator, so it's not unexpected!

It just needs a sprinkle of eco-occultism and you'd probably hit peak Pat Mills.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m pretty sure judge dredd is British through and through and like most British stuff it goes back to good old thatcher

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

What happens after? This is a pretty cool move, could also be in the Badass panel thread.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Love child of Jack Nicholson and Stan Lee looking pretty panicked by this development

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m pretty sure judge dredd is British through and through and like most British stuff it goes back to good old thatcher

Dredd is from a British comic, Martial Law is an American comic, by British people.

2000ad (and Dredd) started in 1977 with Callaghan as PM, Dredd was America through a British punk lens.

It didn't hurt them when Thatcher took power though, a lot of British Sci-fi took exception to that monster.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Here is that guy who gets beheaded by Krishna being an rear end in a top hat and dropping an ancient sick burn, shortly before his decapitation. hosed around and found out!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Darthemed posted:

Ghost Rider #51 (1980)

impressive avatar potential in that last panel

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Hel posted:

Full context: this is from Super Babylon, in which Marshal Law - a government-licensed vigilante (and self-loathing superhero) tasked with bringing down rogue supers - is fighting the reanimated zombies of the Jesus League of America, WW2-era superheroes who by strange coincidence are expies of Silver and Gold-Age characters.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A Strange Aeon posted:

Here is that guy who gets beheaded by Krishna being an rear end in a top hat and dropping an ancient sick burn, shortly before his decapitation. hosed around and found out!

"Only dudes with tiny weiners would behead someone"

For whatever reason it reminded me of this:

https://coyotzin.tumblr.com/post/179810335913/hit-him-where-it-hurts-cassandra

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Flaming Carrot Comics #20 (1988)

Spider-Man Unlimited #17 (1997)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BooDooBoo posted:

It didn't hurt them when Thatcher took power though, a lot of British Sci-fi took exception to that monster.

V For Vendetta for example was explicitly made as a response to Thatcher's politics.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Alhazred posted:

V For Vendetta for example was explicitly made as a response to Thatcher's politics.

Theres a pretty good sequence in Planetary on Thatchers influence in british comics, and about how Thatcher was worse than Reagan, both as a person and in terms of her corrosive influence on the culture.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Theres a pretty good sequence in Planetary on Thatchers influence in british comics, and about how Thatcher was worse than Reagan, both as a person and in terms of her corrosive influence on the culture.

Which is impressive because Reagan was an actual treasonous piece of poo poo.

ETA: I'm not trying to dickwave over who was worse. I just want people to have the context of what utter garbage Ronny and Nancy were as both leaders and people. Thatcher being worse is a goddamn achievement.

Wizard of the Deep fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Which is impressive because Reagan was an actual treasonous piece of poo poo.

ETA: I'm not trying to dickwave over who was worse. I just want people to have the context of what utter garbage Ronny and Nancy were as both leaders and people. Thatcher being worse is a goddamn achievement.
There is a reason why the week she died that the Wizard Of Oz song "Ding Dong, The Witch Is Dead!" shot up to #2 on the music charts (and additional reasons why it hit #1 in Scotland).