Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Viginti Septem posted:

Yea, I've been trying to come up with a way for it to work. If they got rid of the pumpkins it could work that way. Unless the pumpkins represent spoils of the bourge?

they are the pumpkin spice lattes of the oppressing class

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

thats really neat im really jealous of places that have rocks

i live on the canadian shield and we are chock full of rocks. my grammas town claims to be canadas first copper mine and every time i see the sign a big part of my brain goes "well actually first nations people had a developed system of copper extraction, processing and trading" every single time. technically "canada" as a concept didn't exist then but i don't know it still feels stupid to me.

Manifisto posted:

they are the pumpkin spice lattes of the oppressing class

pumpkin spice anything is bourgeoisie but pumpkin pie is the dessert of the prole

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

also one of my warm weather plans is bringing a chisel and a hammer to rock cuts and making simple faces like statue menhirs. strongly considering carving byob into one of them.

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

pumpkin spice anything is bourgeoisie but pumpkin pie is the dessert of the prole

What about pumpkin pie spice ice cream? We used to make it at home with vanilla ice cream and pumpkin pie spice. I still like pumpkin pie spice shakes.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i have reached the end of my praxis help mods

Escape From Noise

I mean I get it but I find it pretty funny that a relatively simple mix of four or five spices most people have on hand in their spice rack has become this symbol.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Heather Papps posted:

i live on the canadian shield and we are chock full of rocks. my grammas town claims to be canadas first copper mine and every time i see the sign a big part of my brain goes "well actually first nations people had a developed system of copper extraction, processing and trading" every single time. technically "canada" as a concept didn't exist then but i don't know it still feels stupid to me.

I wonder how deep I would have to dig to find rocks here. A hundred feets? I have no idea and I don’t even know where I would find that information

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Escape From Noise posted:

I mean I get it but I find it pretty funny that a relatively simple mix of four or five spices most people have on hand in their spice rack has become this symbol.

every fall the sound starts. a thousand birkenstocks and Uggs slapping pavement, shuffling leaves. it's pumpkin spice season, and the college girls are loosened as unto dogs of war. light unbounded save the barista who runs out of that orange brown syrup - their days are counted, wanting.

the simple coffee drinker must bow to lines unending as the North American pumpkin spice beetle descends, turning Stacie into Karen, boys into men, men into Wolves.

thank with sincerity the oceans which divide us, and the innocence they provide you. fall is a spice darkened time for us, we few to resist the frothy call.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I wonder how deep I would have to dig to find rocks here. A hundred feets? I have no idea and I don’t even know where I would find that information

the usgs unironically rocks (it is a pun but also serious. there's maps and charts and stuff!)

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Heather Papps posted:

the usgs unironically rocks (it is a pun but also serious. there's maps and charts and stuff!)

Yah I am trying to find it. The soil survey goes down 6’ but I’m not sure if that’s because there is rock below that or because the water table is only 6’ down

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Escape From Noise

I just think pumpkin pie spice shakes are really good.

biosterous

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

thats really neat im really jealous of places that have rocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxTpIMK5NSo

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

alnilam

Tampa Bae posted:

Beets and ramps and leeks

If you repeat this it sounds like a techno beat

Escape From Noise

Can't believe Karens have ripped Starbucks away from the proletariat.

Escape From Noise

The Spice rear end

alnilam

The Spice rear end

Teh Cag ( cinnamon, allspice, ginger)

B33rChiller

I was raised in a christian home, but I seem to have received a different message than the believers. I just really like colourful lights. In the dark season, more lights and more colours are welcome in my books.

Back at work now, with a supervisor that I have worked with years ago. He's only been working here for the past couple 2 week shifts, so we (the 4 person crew) haven't become100% comfortable working together just yet, but the boss man seems waaaay more chill than the last time I worked under him. A few years, and a change of personnel can make all the difference I guess!
The 3 of us working under him have been on the same crew for something like 4 years or so, and we're all experienced enough to know our jobs well, and don't require direct supervision for the majority of tasks. It's nice to get recognised for that finally. Just the other day he gave a "gently caress, I love having a good team!" as we were wrapping up for the day.

This is a pretty big deal, as morale in this outfit can get really low.

Thought I'd share some good news for to brighten people's spirits.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Heather Papps

hello friend

I just think pumpkin pie spice shakes are really good.

I honestly love the taste as well I just dread the coming of the season, there's one ex in particular it reminds me of. she also ruined women in scarfs for me for YEARS.

Finger Prince

B33rChiller posted:

I was raised in a christian home, but I seem to have received a different message than the believers. I just really like colourful lights. In the dark season, more lights and more colours are welcome in my books.

All the parables and hymns and churches can't hold a candle to lighting up the darkness of winter in northern latitudes, or the significance of the winter solstice on the psyche.

Goons Are Gifts

hello byob good morning I just noticed that my beard got weirdly long and I was lying on it last night and it now feels like a pillow that is glued to my face and I'm scared to shave it because I'm sure it weighs at least like 10kg or something and my scale has not been kind to me lately so Im scared that if I do that I might fly away for being still way not thick enough

Escape From Noise

I am blasting and singing along to Misfits. Some girls in the dining room laughed at me but I refuse to stop!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
America's obsession with pumpkin spice is one of the weirdest things about it

Escape From Noise

I remember finding pumpkin pie spice flavored pumpkin seeds at Trader Joe's and thinking we'd definitely gone past the point of no return.

Escape From Noise

Wait...why are we talking about pumpkin pie spice in late March?

Escape From Noise

BRB, developing a gimmick based entirely around my hatred or love of garam masala.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Heather Papps posted:

I sometimes use LIDAR data for work, and USGS has tons available for free which is awesome. Sadly the web interface is clumsy and the data is in some compressed format that I can't directly use. There's a bunch of converter programs that people have written and made available on their angelfire website, but they're either written by people who can't understand why anyone in TYOOL 2022 would not always be using a command line interface, or require installing some developer package like java or silverlight or some bullshit.

Ass-penny

The Spice rear end

Ass-penny

Goons Are Great posted:

hello byob good morning I just noticed that my beard got weirdly long and I was lying on it last night and it now feels like a pillow that is glued to my face and I'm scared to shave it because I'm sure it weighs at least like 10kg or something and my scale has not been kind to me lately so Im scared that if I do that I might fly away for being still way not thick enough

Yo I really hope you can keep your weight on soon, friend. :(

Beer chiller: I'm glad you have a cool chill supervisor now :cheers:

Robot Made of Meat

Barking Gecko posted:

Yard work is bad.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Escape From Noise

Today was a long day, but I stayed a little late today to finish some stuff up so I can leave a little early tomorrow and make my hair appointment. Man? I am feeling it though.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Goons Are Great posted:

namechange: A Weighty Beard

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Tampa Bae

Please, this is all I have

Dr. Honked posted:

Vampire Survivors is the best game
I just picked that up + Needy Streamer Overload (someone recommended it to me)

Vampire Survivor is a great way to just burn 30 minutes of the day.

Needy Streamer Overload is just depressing and dark as heck. I've played two and a half hours and decided to look up the achievements/ending requirements bc there's like 15 of them. Gross. Although on my first playthru I did get the most wholesome ending without even trying so at least I'm not a bad person The streamer's stress levels were so low that she quit streaming and decided to go to university and get her life together

more falafel please

forums poster

Rarity posted:

America's obsession with pumpkin spice is one of the weirdest things about it

America loves to both make fun of anything that young women do but also incorporate those same things into our culture. see also: saying "like", vocal fry, yoga pants, yoga, fancy coffee drinks

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
i like the sweet drink

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I'm having a third (final?) interview for the job I'm going for. I've become someone who interviews forever. Please offer me a job to interview for. It is who I am now.

Escape From Noise

How Wonderful! posted:

i like the sweet drink

-Ozzy Osbourne

Manifisto

what is orbening, my spheres of white hot posting energy and yet somehow laid back chillness?

Bo-Pepper posted:

I'm having a third (final?) interview for the job I'm going for. I've become someone who interviews forever. Please offer me a job to interview for. It is who I am now.

the job you are interviewing for is making dill pickles that are NOT in any way sweet, what are your qualifications??

ty nesamdoom!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Bo-Pepper posted:

My interviews usually last half the time of one interview.

I have 0.5 interviews.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I see here you've had a lot of jobs lately.

"Yea, I don't get along with bosses that lie and manipulate--"

NEXT!

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Viginti Septem posted:

I see here you've had a lot of jobs lately.

"Yea, I don't get along with bosses that lie and manipulate--"

NEXT!

If you're applying for a job at a massage parlor, then lying and manipulating is kind of an essential skill

:dadjoke:

ty manifisto