Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The least charitable assessment of Kap would have put him at what? 40th best QB?

The 40th best QB always has a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Rams extend Matt Stafford for four years, $160 million.

So, to recap:

Deshaun Watson (Browns): 5 years, $230 million

Aaron Rodgers (Packers): 3-year extension, $150.8 million

Russell Wilson (Broncos): 2 years, $70 million remaining on contract

Carson Wentz (Commanders): 2 years, $66.5 million remaining on contract

Kirk Cousins (Vikings): 1-year extension, $35 million

Mitchell Trubisky (Steelers): 2 years, $14.25 million (up to $27 million with incentives)

Tyrod Taylor (Giants): 2 years, $11 million (up to $17 million with incentives)

Teddy Bridgewater (Dolphins): 1 year, $6.5 million

Missing anyone of significance from that list?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Playing in any non-NFL league is completely pointless for Kaepernick, he is not some unknown Div III guy trying to get noticed for the first time. Worst case scenario he looks bad or gets injured and does not get back into the NFL, best case scenario he tears it up and doesn't get back into the NFL anyway because he is being blackballed. It is not about talent.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

CocoaNuts posted:

So, to recap:

Mitchell Trubisky (Steelers): 2 years, $14.25 million (up to $27 million with incentives)

Not sure, but this really highlights the hilarity of Wentz and The Commanders, thank you

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

CocoaNuts posted:

So, to recap:

I just wanna see an infographic of QB contract values over the last 20 years

Like everything else in our economy, feels like QB values have doubled in what... 2 years?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Like everything else in our economy, feels like QB values have doubled in what... 2 years?

Wasn’t quite sure when Kurt Warner got paid, and it’s slightly over twenty years, but his contract was 7 years for $47 million, after an mvp and super bowl. Marshall Faulk basically got the same deal the year before. Would love to see it as well

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Codependent Poster posted:

The problem with Wentz wasn't talent, it was that everyone hated him and he wasn't a good leader. That combined with being bone headed just made him toxic.

Even if Baker isn't as good and still makes mistakes, that's fine so long as he is a leader.

1) yes it is, Wentz has clear talent limitations at this point
2) Baker has all the same leadership questions Wentz does. almost nobody on offense likes him, he regularly alienates skill position players, and the offensive staff think he’s immature, coaching-resistant, and childish. that’s Wentz’s exact rap

Borsche69 posted:

i know 2016 is a lifetime ago, but he played like dog rear end poo poo that season.

no he didn’t

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I believe if you go by percentage of the cap the highest is like Peyton's first fa deal and the second is like Steve Young the first year of the cap

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I don't know what year it was but I remember everyone here (myself included) going nuts over Brees demanding ans getting $20 mil/year.

And now lol Mike Glennon got $18 mil from the Bears once.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

indigi posted:

1) yes it is, Wentz has clear talent limitations at this point
2) Baker has all the same leadership questions Wentz does. almost nobody on offense likes him, he regularly alienates skill position players, and the offensive staff think he’s immature, coaching-resistant, and childish. that’s Wentz’s exact rap

no he didn’t

1) Wentz's issues aren't physical. They're mental..I think that's what he means.
2) where are you getting that everyone hates Baker? My impression was that it was just OBJ, who is kinda questionable as a source. Not saying you're wrong just wondering.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair even the Wentz sucks only kind of leaked out much later

On the other hand the Browns were more than willing to deal with Baker as long as they weren’t going to land a top tier talent so the personal issues can’t be that bad

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Sataere posted:

1) Wentz's issues aren't physical. They're mental..I think that's what he means.
2) where are you getting that everyone hates Baker? My impression was that it was just OBJ, who is kinda questionable as a source. Not saying you're wrong just wondering.

I think #2 is because while defensive players have stepped up to defend Baker in the press, you don't hear it as much from the offensive side of the ball. It was the same thing with Wentz in Philly, you could get a lot of the defensive side of the ball defending him, but then there were leaks like a sieve about him being a jackass that were obviously coming from the offense.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Drew Lock is going to win the super bowl.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If you've got an offensive roster of 20 or so people you're going to get people that don't gel for whatever reason and they're going to form cliques, so all it takes is for one person to mouth off to the media and it's going to get worse. Fair enough if it turns out to be true but the browns front office saying something bad about baker at this point doesn't exactly make me want to condemn him. I mean... I've seen the players they pursue so.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do think that is a fair point. Could Baker be another Wentz? Sure but the only evidence we got right now isn’t exactly reliable

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Which QB is/will be better? Baker, Jameis or Jimmy G?

CocoaNuts fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 20, 2022

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Jameis probably

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

a neat cape posted:

Jameis probably

I revised my question. Reading about Wentz in previous posts, had a brain cramp and included him. But I really meant to ask about Jimmy G as the third option.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

CocoaNuts posted:

I revised my question. Reading about Wentz in previous posts, had a brain cramp and included him. But I really meant to ask about Jimmy G as the third option.

Still Jameis

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Jameis is probably going to be bad and Jimmy will probably be less bad. Depends on where they land but please, hear me when I say that Jameis was not good last year. Blame the receiving corps if you want, but when they took away his “toss it blindly into coverage button” he legitimately had no idea what to do about 80% of the time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Jameis is gonna throw more TDs and more yards but he's also gonna throw more picks

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm going Baker. He had a great rookie debut and was a good starter in his third year. I buy the injury excuse last season.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

CocoaNuts posted:

Which QB is/will be better? Baker, Jameis or Jimmy G?

Jimmy G, he won't play enough to disappoint anyone. If you trade for him now you know what your getting.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sataere posted:

Yeah, Wentz has some limitations like not having much touch on passes and some accuracy issues, but most of his problems were mental mistakes. Like all those left handed throws or trying to force passes into double coverage and poo poo.

I honestly don't know much about how the locker room perceives Baker, but by the end, Wentz had lost everyone including the coach who stuck up for him in the first place. And it takes a lot for Jim Irsay to dislike a player.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

a neat cape posted:

Jameis is gonna throw more TDs and more yards but he's also gonna throw more picks

Winston averaged like 180 ypg last year. I don’t think he’s going to look like the guy he was in Tampa. He likely won’t have nearly as good a receiving corps to bail him out and presumably teams will try to get him to limit mistakes which also limits him passing.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 21, 2022

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

am i stupid for thinking matt ryan to the 49ers, if they can figure out the money, makes sense?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

am i stupid for thinking matt ryan to the 49ers, if they can figure out the money, makes sense?

No, that's not why you are stupid.

They are just going to roll the dice with Lance.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Ryan's looking kind of close to being washed up but SF would be a decent fit - Indy too I guess.

Not sure why or how ATL would move on from him though unless they're gonna roll the dice with one the QB's in the draft and none of those guys look ready.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FizFashizzle posted:

Yes. We're on the Trey Lance wagon this season for better or worse. Ryan would only make sense as a backup and he'd be far too expensive just to ride the pine.

And given that nobody seems to want Jimmy G (barring maybe the Colts), we probably already have our backup.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I feel like Atlanta desperately needs to tear down and start over but either Blank won't let them or they feel too weird to ruthlessly move on from Ryan because he is after all a franchise legend. A team should definitely be willing to take a Stafford-like chance on him.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Of the QB trade options Ryan is definitely the one I'd prefer for the Colts. None of them are likely the long-term answer, so give me the polished guy at the end of his career with the best chance to lead the team to immediate success. Basically Rivers 2.0. Only sticking point would be price, but I'm basically not wanting to pay more than a 3rd for any of these guys. If teams want more than that, screw it. Sign Mariota and turn your eyes to next year's draft.

Apparently John Lynch is telling people has an offer on the table of 2 second-rounders for Jimmy, which feels like an obvious lie.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

I could be talked into giving up a couple Day 2 picks for Ryan at this point, but Colts definitely should not give up any 1sts. They will need those to grab a future QB soonish

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

ShakeZula posted:

Of the QB trade options Ryan is definitely the one I'd prefer for the Colts. None of them are likely the long-term answer, so give me the polished guy at the end of his career with the best chance to lead the team to immediate success. Basically Rivers 2.0. Only sticking point would be price, but I'm basically not wanting to pay more than a 3rd for any of these guys. If teams want more than that, screw it. Sign Mariota and turn your eyes to next year's draft.

Apparently John Lynch is telling people has an offer on the table of 2 second-rounders for Jimmy, which feels like an obvious lie.

Ryan turns the Colts into a guaranteed playoff team, the way I see it.

It's a little hard to tell, he has struggled but it's hard to separate that from the Falcons being dog poo poo overall and him having no one to throw to and no one getting open. The Colts are good in every way the Falcons aren't (although they could do to work on their receiving corps as well), so I really think he could be effective there.

But then what do the Falcons do at QB? I feel like now they lost the Watson sweepstakes they will try to keep him and prevent an absurd disaster of a season.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
So what division is going to have the worst group of QBs?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

AFC South? NFC East? I don't know. There's a lot of other ones too where they are held up by one guy pretty much. AFC East with Allen, NFC West Stafford, NFC North Rodgers, NFC South Brady all kinda fit that category to one extent or another.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

NFC East

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Let's do this (for a reasonable price please please)

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1505956229474041866

Edit: Hell fuckin yes!

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1505963463222476805

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 21, 2022

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Man, the Niners and Browns have like no leverage for Jimmy G and Baker now.

The Saints can just re-sign Winston if they want.
The Panthers can claim they’re happy to take Willis or Pickett at 6, and it’ll be impossible to tell if they’re bluffing.
The Falcons and possibly Seahawks could just be tanking for next years much better QB draft.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
At this rate Jimmy G is gonna fetch like a 5th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
The QB quality distribution in the NFL is kind of hosed up at this point.

The NFC has two guys (Rodgers and Brady) who were the MVP contenders last season and one guy (Stafford) who won the Super Bowl, so that's a good start. But the youngest of them is 34, and beyond those three, you have Dak, Kyler, and Kirk. Six above-average quarterbacks out of 16 teams.

The AFC... it's actually faster to say who's bad in the AFC. It's Davis Mills, Trubisky, Zach Wilson, Tua, and Lawrence. All young guys, some with plausible upside. Even if you're really uncharitable and throw Mac Jones in there, you still have 10 above-average quarters in 16 teams.

The Wilson and Ryan trades have upset the Balance.