Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

One thing that I hope TeeQueue doesn't use too much is Mountain of Corpses. Yeah it's fun to give Gebura all she needs to solo it all but it'd also mean missing out on nugget convos.
The main fight I want to see it used on is the Distorted Ensemble, because few things are as satisfying as seeing Gebura absolutely destroy ten supercharged Distortions on her own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Gebura is in fact so good at soloing that they removed a Power Of Friendship bit from her pre-battle speech against Tanya because the dissonance with her floor's actual gameplay where she hard carries all the time would've been too striking.

And I think that is really funny :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HslNTa5vOUo

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What quotes will TQ use for the Abno fights that don't appear in LobCorp itself proper (Pinocchio, Servant of Wrath, Nosferatu, Road Home + Scaredy Cat, Ozma, The Adult Who Tells Lies, Price of Silence)? I can see Servant and Home + Cat getting quotes from their chapters in Wonderlab, but will the others just grab bits from their cards's lore segments?

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
I imagine either grabbing them direct from the Abno cards or from the fights themselves.

Speaking of, Philosophy's realized! It wasn't as bad as I worried after I brought in a Block-heavy deck to speed up phase 2, phase 3 was pure unga-bunga, and the final fight I just abused Binah's ability to seal off dice to cut down on the sheer amount of mass attacks I had to deal with - I don't think I even had a single librarian go down at all.

And now I can B I R D U P

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wait, can you apply a A1Z26 cipher to Anton, Lyla and Valerie's dialogue before Angela hits the "translate" button and have it mean stuff, or is all of what they say before then just number stew with no actual meaning?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
There's no meaning to anything the Sweepers say, it's just random numbers.

This includes the page with numbers instead of a name, community generally just calls it 'Numbers' or 'that @#$# page that gave them persistence so they don't die, AGAIN, gdi.'

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Alright, cool.

Also, I've got extra Proof that Paul will be the last of Hod's assistant librarians.

What was the first episode of Better Call Paul? Laetitia.

What was the last one, in which Paul went crazy and talked to himself? Dream of a Black Swan.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I feel like we should probably stop discussing my Let's Play in an unrelated Games forum.

Anyways, Leviathan! Pretty hosed up so far, and I'm here for it. :unsmigghh:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Ah, uh, sorry. Fair enough, I guess I just got carried away.

For the record: Favorite Mili song in Ruina for me is Iron Lotus, though String Theocracy is also up there. I also quite like Gone Angels, too.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

TeeQueue posted:

I feel like we should probably stop discussing my Let's Play in an unrelated Games forum.

Anyways, Leviathan! Pretty hosed up so far, and I'm here for it. :unsmigghh:

As someone who got into the Project Moon games for the lore and worldbuilding, I have been absolutely feasting every time a new chapter comes out. Hell, I was practically just as excited seeing that laptop computers got confirmed to exist as I was with the fact we're probably about to finally found out the origin of a non-L Corp Singularity

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Based on that upcoming mission that Vergilius is leading his office on, I'm starting to wonder if Garnet might be the person with the weird arm tentacle[?] at the end of the Limbus Company trailer as a result of Distorting...or maybe it'll be an alternate him that gets pulled into this timeline from the singularity the Middle is working on.

Also still curious about what Iori's plans are, but I imagine that's going to wind up as an overarching story for the franchise or something that gets explored more in a later game.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone know the original source for the 8 O'clock Circus's music? All I can find so far is the usual links on youtube and a mention of Studio EIM? It's not on the soundtrack, either.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Do we truly want to unearth such horrors?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Theantero posted:

Do we truly want to unearth such horrors?

I mostly just want to avoid linking a youtube channel that isn't the official creator, if I can avoid it. :shrug:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Oh I know, I was just being cheeky :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Fair enough.

Worst case scenario I'll just shell out the like 5bux for an upgrade clyp for a month to fix the oversight.

Does anyone else know of any other songs that aren't included in the OST, while we're here? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Wonderlab mod for Lobotomy Corp came out today, in English even. Like everything else these days, you have to join a discord server to get it. Instructions and the link are in this video: (turn English captions on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4weA0atv-3A

I'm not sure how much is in it, but it's supposed to add Wonderlab abnos, EGOs, and cutscenes. You can find a lot of preview videos like this one on that same channel. Looks very high quality, like you'd expect from their Ruina mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HDwwIRygbc

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Verant posted:

Based on that upcoming mission that Vergilius is leading his office on, I'm starting to wonder if Garnet might be the person with the weird arm tentacle[?] at the end of the Limbus Company trailer as a result of Distorting...or maybe it'll be an alternate him that gets pulled into this timeline from the singularity the Middle is working on.

Also still curious about what Iori's plans are, but I imagine that's going to wind up as an overarching story for the franchise or something that gets explored more in a later game.

My current tinfoil hat theory in that regard is that Garnet is going to distort into Dante. It's not as if The City's displayed a collective willingness to refer to Distorted individuals by their actual names before, and if my secondary theory about Dante being the one who revives/clones the Sinners is correct, it'd be a suitably ironic power for someone who obviously puts a lot of stock in the idea of Fixers protecting others.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I know people love Myo because she returns from LobCorp but I gotta say Maxim is the R Corp character I find the most fun/entertaining

Also I really do hope that they named Rudolph that intentionally, because that would be amazing.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPjAaykujNc

Just some guys playing Jeopardy with Project Moon-based questions.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Limbus Company having a "please follow us" event

Following their twitter and subbing on youtubes counts towards a counter, based on how many people they have they give out stuff to everyone playing the game once it finally comes out this winter. It is not actually a prerelease

More importantly, it basically confirms that we got an in game currency called 'Lunacy,' alongside what looks to be stamina potions and pull tickets.

And Guaranteed Shiny Things, which... I like the effects they've got going, I must admit, but it's 3000000% a gacha game.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Well, good enough opportunity to follow the Twitter and subscribe to the Youtube.

It'll be fun to follow Limbus along with all of you as my first proper time playing a Project Moon game. I'll be able to commiserate failing to pull high-tier characters and E.G.O.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

Limbus Company having a "please follow us" event

Following their twitter and subbing on youtubes counts towards a counter, based on how many people they have they give out stuff to everyone playing the game once it finally comes out this winter. It is not actually a prerelease

More importantly, it basically confirms that we got an in game currency called 'Lunacy,' alongside what looks to be stamina potions and pull tickets.

And Guaranteed Shiny Things, which... I like the effects they've got going, I must admit, but it's 3000000% a gacha game.
Asking for 300k followers when their twitters at 27k and their Youtube's at 50k...that's a tough ask.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wait is it counting existing ones already or only new ones after this gets out?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Wait is it counting existing ones already or only new ones after this gets out?
They're at about 80k right now and the first tier is 100k, so almost certainly the former.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/LiberareLimbus/status/1509866855225491461

At least the art for it is looking great.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

They misspelled “Lineage”, though…

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh my, the post about 4/20 made me think of how funny it would be if we managed to get to Smiling Faces on that date.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

GilliamYaeger posted:

Asking for 300k followers when their twitters at 27k and their Youtube's at 50k...that's a tough ask.

I guess it's a bit better since they're potentially counting multiple people?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

OneDeadman posted:

I guess it's a bit better since they're potentially counting multiple people?
They're definitely counting both Youtube and Twitter, meaning that each person counts as two followers, but that's still asking to more than triple their follower base.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Check the date?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh, Gilliam, gotta say, I can't wait for you to be able to start talking about the really interesting builds we get on Tier 2 of Urban Nightmare, with Singleton and Charge and Smoke and all that.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Oh, Gilliam, gotta say, I can't wait for you to be able to start talking about the really interesting builds we get on Tier 2 of Urban Nightmare, with Singleton and Charge and Smoke and all that.
I am very excited.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Also, I didn't say this in the thread but secret third theory for why Sweepers won just besides "They were in LobCorp and we wanna know more" and "You can't tell me what to do, TQ"-people pushing to do History Realization as soon as it is possible.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

Also, I didn't say this in the thread but secret third theory for why Sweepers won just besides "They were in LobCorp and we wanna know more" and "You can't tell me what to do, TQ"-people pushing to do History Realization as soon as it is possible.

Finding out what realisations even are is gonna send the theorycrafting wild yes.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I can't loving wait :allears:
I still remember the hype from when the first one came out in the beta

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I was pushing to unlock Gebura's floor ASAP, but this works too?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

CHiRAL posted:

I can't loving wait :allears:
I still remember the hype from when the first one came out in the beta

It was excellent I remember being so excited that thematic suppressions were back from lobcorp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’ve never been a real gatcha fan, but the art on these *does* look nice, so that’s a plus since I’ll definitely be playing it.