Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

She's not a miner, she's 23!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Thrill at tales of political intrigue and teenage hormones as The Heavensward LP goes to Religious Hogwarts!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hold up which questline is this?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sounds like the scholasticate side quests.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Scholasticate questline in Ishgard! Requires having finished the ARR Hildebrand quests.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Took us a while, but we finally did it.
P3S is definitely the worst fight this tier, P4S (both parts) were lots of fun though.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 20, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
We got to see curtain call for the first time yesterday and should get a clear next week, ourselves. Lotta fun fights.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wrestlepig posted:

Sounds like the scholasticate side quests.

Ziddar posted:

The Scholasticate questline in Ishgard! Requires having finished the ARR Hildebrand quests.

I assume I overlooked it because it's a yellow quest.

Also looking at the update before I never realized how much foreshadowing there is in Warring Triad questline.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tamba posted:

Took us a while, but we finally did it.
P3S is definitely the worst fight this tier, P4S (both parts) were lots of fun though.

I keep fuckin' reading them as PS3 and PS4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Remember when this game was on the PS3

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The third floor is a bad fight because of P3S limitations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Just a reminder:

seiferguy posted:

https://i.imgur.com/d7vECms.mp4

DGKK musical troupe FUNK ENGINE is doing another concert, this time featuring Konami songs. Some you know, some weird ones! It's tomorrow night next to the DGKK house in The Goblet, 6pm PST :)

The troupe will be glam'd up from Konami games too.

Concert is less than an hour!

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Tekopo posted:

Yeah, without those there might have been colors other than orange.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Tekopo posted:

https://twitter.com/FFXIV_Kelly/status/787895249381171200

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I am babby and am going to ask a sprout question: to level up in my Grand Company, one of the things I can do is duties, right? When I use the duty finder, I don’t always get seals. Is it a once a day thing or a certain duty thing or what have I missed?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Bean posted:

I am babby and am going to ask a sprout question: to level up in my Grand Company, one of the things I can do is duties, right? When I use the duty finder, I don’t always get seals. Is it a once a day thing or a certain duty thing or what have I missed?

First roulette of the day gives a bunch of seals. After that its a reduced amount I think? FATEs and Leves are another source, as are some quests.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Furnaceface posted:

First roulette of the day gives a bunch of seals. After that its a reduced amount I think? FATEs and Leves are another source, as are some quests.

There is also the Grand Company hunting log which gives a goodly amount, though it's not repeatable.

After that, the daily crafting/gathering turn-ins are a source of seals. They're generally pretty easy when you start out, too and can often be bought cheap from vendors for the first few levels.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there some trick to get the slide/railgrind animation in gpose? It looks pretty sweet but the lighting on the ramp is crud and /gpose considers that "jumping" and can't be turned on.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Is there some trick to get the slide/railgrind animation in gpose? It looks pretty sweet but the lighting on the ramp is crud and /gpose considers that "jumping" and can't be turned on.

Only way I know is to use Anamnesis and manually set the animation, unfortunately.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

HackensackBackpack posted:

There is also the Grand Company hunting log which gives a goodly amount, though it's not repeatable.

After that, the daily crafting/gathering turn-ins are a source of seals. They're generally pretty easy when you start out, too and can often be bought cheap from vendors for the first few levels.

Also, once you unlock the... advanced provisioning? Anyway one of the ranks gives you the ability to turn in your green/blue/pink loot for seals as well.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Bean posted:

Adventurer in Need is a pretty sick bonus and repeatable. scales w/ level as well. Also everything else above.

Once you can trade dungeon drops for seals you'll never worry about it again.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I started doing Triple Triad, and i don't get why they thought some of these rules were a good idea. Worst one is Chaos. How is a mode where the decision making is removed meant to be fun?

Another NPC just had two random rules so you just have to cross your fingers that your deck matches what rules it picks. Awful game design.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

CJ posted:

I started doing Triple Triad, and i don't get why they thought some of these rules were a good idea. Worst one is Chaos. How is a mode where the decision making is removed meant to be fun?

Another NPC just had two random rules so you just have to cross your fingers that your deck matches what rules it picks. Awful game design.

Alright, now play the FFXIV version. :v:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The only ones I really mind are Same and Plus, because combo chains are bullshit.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

CJ posted:

Roulette or double roulette usually signals they've got a good card.

You can kind of plan around roulette. For example, you don't want more than maybe one tribal card to minimize the risk of being hosed by descension or if your opponent always has an A card in their deck then bring 1's facing that to allow for potential Fallen Ace plays, you still know some or all of your opponents cards (TT NPCs always have some cards in their deck+a small pool of potential cards that may or may not be) so you can keep that in mind when deck building, etc

but it's still loving bullshit

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I can't believe (Stormblood 67 dungeon) they made Grynewaht Doomguy

I don't know if I like Stormblood more than Heavensward, but I'm definitely having more moments of laughter.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 21, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dragongem posted:

I don't know if I like Stormblood more than Heavensward, but I'm definitely having more moments of laughter.

This is basically how I felt about it, HW has the better story, but StB is definitely funnier.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dragongem posted:

I admit that forcibly turned into a Chaos Space Marine was not the way I expected that character arc to go.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I thought it was really weird how they gave him voiced lines during the fight but did not voice the lines he has in his intro cutscene for that same fight, so instead he just makes groaning noises

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Update on pointy hat glamour spreadsheet:

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 21, 2022

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Badger of Basra posted:

I thought it was really weird how they gave him voiced lines during the fight but did not voice the lines he has in his intro cutscene for that same fight, so instead he just makes groaning noises

I'm pretty sure that his lines were voiced in that intro. :confused:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm pretty sure that his lines were voiced in that intro. :confused:

They're not, it's like the post said just groaning noises with subtitles.

Stormblood spoilers
https://youtu.be/EA0MznUBogI

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I just did it yesterday in NG+ and they def were not

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I just took it as an example of the Echo letting you understand him despite him losing the capacity for normal speech.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

But then he does speak immediately after, that’s the weird part

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Are any pre-boss cutscenes voiced outside of msqr?

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Off the top of my head I know Mayota’s Relict pre and post boss cutscene are voiced

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

ktisis hyperboreia

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Post Shadowbringers is insane. Playing this during release must have been great with every patch bringing in some new and crazy poo poo.

Although I imagine most of the trials having mid battle cutscenes might make farming annoying if the EX/Savage versions include them, but drat are they cool as hell the first time.

Also looking up the lyrics to To The Edge and I'm crying again after crying at the end of that trial. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Remember that Soken was in the hospital undergoing chemo as he wrote it and cry a third time.

E: FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker - Cry a Third Time