Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jck7vjtDT5k

The Chinese commentary apparently had a good time rooting for Zhou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Just posting to remind you all that Ferrari own and are the true good, hard-working lads who mean well of the F1 paddock.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Theophany posted:

Just posting to remind you all that Ferrari own and are the true good, hard-working lads who mean well of the F1 paddock.

quote:

Born to father Hervé Leclerc and mother Pascale,[4] Leclerc grew up as the second oldest alongside two other siblings; a younger brother, Arthur, and an older brother, Lorenzo. His grandfather was Charles Manni, founder of Mecaplast[5] (later Novares Group), which is currently run by his uncle, Thierry Manni. Throughout his childhood and early career, Leclerc maintained a close relationship with the late Jules Bianchi, to whom he was a godson.[1] His father, Hervé, also raced cars, driving in Formula 3 in the 1980s and 1990s.

Salt of the earth people, those Ferrari drivers.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Khablam posted:

please consider the F1 champion*

fixed a mistake in ur post

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Betjeman posted:

Leclerc only needed to hold off for a couple of laps before Max ran out of battery to catch him even on the main straight, even if he somehow managed to get past at turn 4 Leclerc would just pass him at the next turn 4 and would disappear again. I don't think there was a situation where Max could stay in front, other than forcing a big mistake.

Yeah, if both drivers were driving well and no bad luck, Charles was always going to come out ahead. But even that being the likely outcome Max had that big lockup and made the situation worse for himself.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

all this red bull schadenfreude in the first race will fuel me for the rest of the season

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8NZNATUZI4

The Haas guys were so happy :shobon:
It was just nonstop censoring because of all the f-bombs flying

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

speng31b posted:

Yeah, if both drivers were driving well and no bad luck, Charles was always going to come out ahead. But even that being the likely outcome Max had that big lockup and made the situation worse for himself.

max did not learn from last years Bahrain

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Khablam posted:

If you actually watch the race, you'll see he followed through T1 on the first lap through and he wasn't able to stay close enough for the DRS into T4 to get it done.

Like Max/RBR was slower on every part of the racetrack except the main straight. Arguing he shouldn't have tried to get and keep track position in the one place he was able to get nearly there, is stupid.

Average verstappen fan

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

re-watching the race and just got to the part where Sharl absolutely played Max like a fiddle, not once, not twice, but three times.
Played him extra hard on the third one, like didn't even use his hands, like just Jimi humping the mic stand with his guitar and still making great music with it

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Marlboro gone and Ferrari are back to winning. Maybe cigarettes really are bad for you...

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Khablam posted:

The exit of T1 is 50mph and it's precisely in these corners the Ferrari was dunking everyone else. In every lap through the first sector Max lost time to leclerc.
n.b. it's exactly why leclerc was brushing past him again before T4.

Please, forums poster Sab0921, please consider the F1 champion may just have considered "try a different spot" given he is, you know, famous for trying all the spots, and there are other reasons the rest of the circuit wasn't an opportunity.

My strategy got me as many points as Max’s did.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Khablam posted:

The exit of T1 is 50mph and it's precisely in these corners the Ferrari was dunking everyone else. In every lap through the first sector Max lost time to leclerc.
n.b. it's exactly why leclerc was brushing past him again before T4.

Please, forums poster Sab0921, please consider the F1 champion may just have considered "try a different spot" given he is, you know, famous for trying all the spots, and there are other reasons the rest of the circuit wasn't an opportunity.

F1 Champion*

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think whenever we refer to Max* we should put an asterisk on the reference from now on. Like if we refer to the reigning WDC*, or the #1* RedBull driver, or if Max* qualifies on pole*.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Asterisk people are the Karens of sports fandom.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

My Aunt Karen is cool as hell so I agree with this

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

M*x

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I think whenever we refer to Max* we should put an asterisk on the reference from now on. Like if we refer to the reigning WDC*, or the #1* RedBull driver, or if Max* qualifies on pole*.

driver*

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

your friend wicka posted:

My Aunt Karen is cool as hell so I agree with this

I know.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

I like the people who come to Astros games with their HOUSTON ASTERISKS gear.

We, as fans, are very owned every time they do that. We should def do it to Max.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Russel Westbrook getting super offended over being called Westbrick leads me to believe that athletes are very sensitive and Max has shown he is a very sensitive dude and RB as a whole has insecurity problems so doing anything to question their WDC* probably really annoys them.

The Max fans getting annoyed and/or mad about it is also cool.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Gasly’s failure was the MGU-K, it seems.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
ban the idiots using *. thanks and godbless

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Toto activate strat resurgent Mercedes

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It was nice seeing everyone happy at/on the Podium. :unsmith:

This.

It will never be happy/fun with Verstappen even if he finishes first. He's just not a people person.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Zeta Acosta posted:

ban the idiots using *. thanks and godbless

If by ban you mean venerate and by idiots you mean wise and moral people, agreed!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

DevCore posted:

This.

It will never be happy/fun with Verstappen even if he finishes first. He's just not a people person.

There's nothing wrong with not being a people person but you should still be kind to others like Sir Lewis congratulating Ferrari on their win right after the race.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It was good to have long-standing constructors on the podium, it felt right.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

DevCore posted:

He's just not a people person.

That's because he is a frog

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Max star star

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Maxterisk

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
I think it's good practice to keep using the *, because there might be posters new to the game which otherwise think that Max' WDC has the same merit as any other WDC

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Max will never be a real WDC

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
max looks like a goober in the f1 intro it rules

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

You're not a true WDC until you've ended your life by running into something at high speed.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Get this: Max sucks!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

GramCracker posted:

Get this: Max sucks!

:hmmyes:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

You're not a true WDC until you've ended your life by running into something at high speed.

This is like a Rorschach test

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
loving lol at the idea of bringing back a good old fashioned gbs word filter that changes 'max' to 'max*' just for this thread, it would be hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Theophany posted:

loving lol at the idea of bringing back a good old fashioned gbs word filter that changes 'max' to 'max*' just for this thread, it would be hilarious

max*imum lulz