Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Hyper Inferno posted:

Currently debating whether or not to roll a second alt so I can have someone purchase the T1 mats from the event shop but all the other classes I really want to play aren't out in yet in the west (Glaiver, Arcana, and Summoner in that order). I have a Scrapper main that's going to be parked at i1325 for the foreseeable future and a Bard in T2 that's just slowly moving her way up but I don't know who else to play.

knowledge transfer it to 50 imo (alt).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Is there anything I can do with the pile of tier 1 honing mats that are bound, now that I'm in tier 2 or should I just discard them?

if you are in T2, then any bound t1 mats are useless and you can just toss them on the ground

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Harmony island being able to reward you with nothing really sucks with the way it's a pain to do.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

if you are in T2, then any bound t1 mats are useless and you can just toss them on the ground

welp

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Well you should technically sell them for a few silver.

Also Azur wind island gives a gently caress load of T2 mats but holy poo poo you better put the map in paint and cross off everything you’ve done.

There’s about 30 unmarked quests you need to do there.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Cinara posted:

You can do the 1380 world boss and get rewards, you're just gonna die a ton. Moake you can't do until 1340 and even then it can be tricky to get into a channel that kills him.

You're gonna have to get to the zone at least 30 minutes early to get a spot in channels 1-3 which are the ones most likely to kill him.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The actual best strategy is to get to the zone a bit early and then watch the higher numbered channels like 40+. As soon as one goes yellow jump in and take a look, you'll often find a big group of whales there.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

DurosKlav posted:

You're gonna have to get to the zone at least 30 minutes early to get a spot in channels 1-3 which are the ones most likely to kill him.
Show up 5 min before and go to a high channel. Works most of the time.

If 10 is the last yellow then try 12-14. Inspect a few people standing around.

This works on the concept of "people at the appropriate ilvl to do moake aren't going to show up 30 mins early to try and get into channel 1-8"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Velveteen posted:

What I don't like is there is a drought of stuff before 1370. World boss is 1400 or something for some reason for T3 mats, ghost ship is 1370 for T3 mats. There is nothing to do for 1330 and such to get bonus materials.

Regardless of those most of your mat gathering will be from grinding chaos dungeons for currency to buy the mats from the vendor. But this is a poopsock level grind.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I'm also mired in the 1340 > 1370 grind and it's slow going. I need to stop using the stones to exclusively buy great honor leapstones to sell on the market. I'm fully desensitized to the honing chances and just letting those 30%ers ride. If you quickly switch to the other tab after clicking the reveal button then switch back you can bypass the whole honing result reveal animation which makes the process even easier to do without thinking in true slot machine fashion.

Coincidentally I'm starting to work on an alt now, lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

it was a real what the gently caress moment when you start getting a serious fail chance at level 6 in tier 3 lol. At least make it not start to matter until level 10. It feels like you really have to save up for those mats that increase your honing chance too. I would rather honing chance be removed, but the mat requirements be increased.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Got my first character to 50, still in Arthetine. Deadeye, who is fun to play but jesus christ he's so squishy. May shift back to my Death Blade, she's in her 40s.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Bots situation is feeling very unmitigated. I'm kinda not sure Amazon gives a poo poo even if it's going to hit their bottom line.

Kinda annoying having to ban new bots in area just to ask questions and poo poo.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Bots thin out in Tier 2 zones, but yeah everywhere up through Vern is just awful

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

JuffoWup posted:

My god is Carbot on point with these animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUPZW931Vk

Quick tip: when you open a bunch of engraving books, click the autosort button to stack them and then consume them all at once.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Starting to learn just how much terror there is in the Tier 3 honing grind. Upgrading your gear doesn't even necessarily give you a full item level lol.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Just got a hone success that took a full day of materials plus some extra, and 360 gold and I'm only 1329! T3 hone rates are definitely something else.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Someone did the math and 1340-1370 is gonna take ~3 weeks if you have no alts at t3. Best case of one-tapping everything is 6 days and at worst 55 days.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/thl2ah/math_from_13401370_revised/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hy_C posted:

Someone did the math and 1340-1370 is gonna take ~3 weeks if you have no alts at t3. Best case of one-tapping everything is 6 days and at worst 55 days.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/thl2ah/math_from_13401370_revised/

Explains why people are getting to 1340 and considering themselves done with grinding at least for the time being.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Otoh if you get to 1370 you get stronghold lab stuff to make T3 easier for the rest of your roster.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

I said come in! posted:

Explains why people are getting to 1340 and considering themselves done with grinding at least for the time being.

Getting to 1340 is no joke. At 1329.67 I got a hone success that took me to a whopping 1330. And that took me 3 tries and hundreds of gold.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Bots situation is feeling very unmitigated. I'm kinda not sure Amazon gives a poo poo even if it's going to hit their bottom line.

Kinda annoying having to ban new bots in area just to ask questions and poo poo.

The ones that send you personal tells deserve painful death.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
I know y'all are probably going to call me crazy for wanting to do this, but I've been leveling up my alt and seriously considering paying for the knowledge transfers (currently Rohendel). Yes, the penny-pincher in me does think that, compared to skipping the 1-50 story, it's a steep price for something that's technically not that long, but on the other side, I don't think I'd have fun re-doing the story, time is precious, and I can make up the money doing fun activities, so I think it's worth it for my case. However, does anyone know if I'd be missing something huge that would make it worth it to go through? From what I understand, some people make the argument that I'd be missing all of the rewards you get from the questing, but I don't think there is anything major in there that I can't get other ways.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I knowledge transfer as many characters as I can through all of the later story zones, so 50% of them. The only one I bother to do is Punika because I need the materials on all my alts.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
It took me about a week to get to 1340 after getting to T3. I did get fairly lucky. But trying to push further than 1340 I was failing a bunch trying to get a single upgrade so I decided I'm just selling materials now for gold and buying a stockpile of crystals. Once I feel like I got enough I'll start upgrading. I've been focusing on an alt for now. Get it high enough to fund materials.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I got a gold tradecraft kit from excavation maps and sold it for 14k gold. Maps are pretty good turns out.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

MarcusSA posted:

Otoh if you get to 1370 you get stronghold lab stuff to make T3 easier for the rest of your roster.

That’s at 1385.

FYI when you get 1370, you can do Argos and the hardmode abyssal dungeons, both of which drop items to craft new sets of gear. These sets are 1340 base items, and when you gear transfer the exp from your 1302 stuff into them, they become +6. So then you have to go from +6 to +9 to get 1385 to unlock the tier 3 honing improvements from your alts, and to +15 if you’re crazy and want to be ready for Valtan or whatever his name is. The consensus seems to be that the Argos set is better than the abyssal set but you can make 2 pieces of each just to hone to 1385 faster if you are in a rush to get your alts up through t3 for some reason.

Apparently there’s somebody on Una that is full +20 already which probably cost $50k or more unless he’s the best AH baron in the game.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 21, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I like how the calendar/notification system is still completely broken by time zones apparently. I can't add things to my reminders before a certain point today because it tells me they've already happened today despite being for something happening 3 hours from now. If I check the compass menu it tells me that there's no more adventure islands for today but the calendar shows them all. For a game that expects you to do these reoccurring events to get upgrades it's really loving annoying that the in game calendar has been broken for most of the time the game's been out.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

FutureCop posted:

I know y'all are probably going to call me crazy for wanting to do this, but I've been leveling up my alt and seriously considering paying for the knowledge transfers (currently Rohendel). Yes, the penny-pincher in me does think that, compared to skipping the 1-50 story, it's a steep price for something that's technically not that long, but on the other side, I don't think I'd have fun re-doing the story, time is precious, and I can make up the money doing fun activities, so I think it's worth it for my case. However, does anyone know if I'd be missing something huge that would make it worth it to go through? From what I understand, some people make the argument that I'd be missing all of the rewards you get from the questing, but I don't think there is anything major in there that I can't get other ways.
If you view it in terms of gold/hr it takes between 1 and 2 hours to do each post-game continent on alts.

Feiton, punika give a bunch of silver and roster xp. Roster will equalize longterm so isn't a serious concern, but the silver will be immediately useful as your main & alts push through t3.

Rohendal feels like the longest to run and it also gives the least rewards. Running them on alts also builds your collections there. I have almost complete item collections in rohendal, yorn, feiton from running through the story on alts.

One strategy I use on alts is to login, chip away at it a bit, then go do something else on another character. You have about 3 days to bank up rest exp while doing new continents, and it's not as important to not miss stuff on alts as it is on main. For Rohendal / Feiton, you can gain access to the main city, set it as a home point, and then do normal daily stuff. For yorn/punika, I bank up rest days so I get showered in stuff once I hit the new tier.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 21, 2022

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Now that I have finally enough gold to seriously bid on maps from Chaos Gates, there is one thing that I am curious about: I have noticed that there is usually multiple variant of maps that have same tier, same rarity and same ilevel, but different names. For example - "Surrounding Blood World" and "Surrounding Blood City" for legendary secret maps from the Chaos Gate in Feiton. Is there any meaningful difference between them?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if you only care about advancing item level, i think you can skip the rohendel memory transfer? just get the character to 600 ilvl and skip straight to feiton

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Khorne posted:

Rohendal feels like the longest to run and it also gives the least rewards.

Thats... pretty subjective. Objectively rohendel is one of the fastest to run. Feiton is actually the slowest by a decent margin (its the only one that takes me over two hours). Also it has an agonisingly slow stealth mission and is full of eyerolling edgy grimdark poo poo so its the only one thats pushed me over the edge and made me use a knowledge transfer.

Ineptitude posted:

How big of a deal is it to be in a guild in this game?

Unsure if i should play on an EU server (which is my time zone, but goon EU guilds tends to go inactive faster) or a NA server (outside my tz but these goon guilds tends to last longer)
I have zero plans of doing any kind of raid or similar content.

I'll declare my bias upfront since I'm currently running the eu guild. But guilds aren't a huge deal for most content. GvG is a thing a bit later but its not generally considered a big deal. You'll probably want a decent static group for running legion raids in future endgame but that doesn't require you to be in the same guild. Guilds are mostly just a mechanical thing that gives you extra stuff. The eu goon guild is active and healthy still but you're not wrong that the NA ones probably have the best longterm prospects.

The biggest deal for choosing region, and the main reason I'm in EU, is going somewhere with low latency if you care about pvp (or some of the more reaction time intensive pve content). Effectively improving your reaction times by 50-100ms can be a pretty big deal.

hit button fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 21, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

hit button posted:

Thats... pretty subjective. Objectively rohendel is one of the fastest to run. Feiton is actually the slowest by a decent margin (its the only one that takes me over two hours). Also it has an agonisingly slow stealth mission and is full of eyerolling edgy grimdark poo poo so its the only one thats pushed me over the edge and made me use a knowledge transfer.
Feiton is long at ~2hrs but the only two mildly annoying things are the tower and the stealth mission. It's not annoying because it's stealth, it's almost impossible to fail if you stand in the corner near the bed or exit and let the dog walk by, but it's annoying because it takes a long chunk of time.

Rohendal has a bunch of annoying, long instanced stuff and it has npcs that can only be interacted with by 1 person in a 30s window in a shared channel. It gives significantly fewer rewards than the t2/t3 stuff too. Those things combine to make it one I'm less interested in doing. I haven't timed rohendal but it's likely shorter than feiton.

I like rohendal, yorn, feiton, and punika. Yorn is sort of my favorite except it also has at least two annoying parts like feiton. Punika is surprisingly short to run through again which is nice. I'm not convinced I can survive doing 1-50 + vern again. I'm not sure why there's a 9 character limit on 1-50 knowledge transfer in our version but it has me getting a bit antsy because I want to save those for new classes but at the same time I want to get a 2nd bard and maybe 2nd gunlancer.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 21, 2022

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

Now that I have finally enough gold to seriously bid on maps from Chaos Gates, there is one thing that I am curious about : I have noticed that there is usually multiple variant of maps that have same tier, same rarity and same ilevel, but different names. For example - "Surrounding Blood World" and "Surrounding Blood City" for legendary secret maps from the Chaos Gate in Feiton. Is there any meaningful difference between them?

Not from what I can tell, just different locations from them. Just uh, make sure you're using a map from the same continent so you don't have to ocean liner when it rotates to your turn 🤦🏻‍♂️

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got to item level 1345 this morning. :toot: had some good luck with honing, even though the chance is 30%. I spent 65,000 gold over the weekend to help myself get to this point. Also don't forget that this Thursday is another new event that will drop a lot of new honing materials.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

FutureCop posted:

Keep in mind that the knowledge transfer for rohendel is essentially "1 skip for one manual completion." That is, if you knowledge transfer rohendel to one alt, you can't do it again until you've completed the rohendel questline the normal way on another character.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

joepinetree posted:

Keep in mind that the knowledge transfer for rohendel is essentially "1 skip for one manual completion." That is, if you knowledge transfer rohendel to one alt, you can't do it again until you've completed the rohendel questline the normal way on another character.

What. the. gently caress. :barf: AGS/Smilegate should just let you skip the storyline automatically for free once you get to the item level necessary to do each part. All that is required is that you do it once on your main.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I heard in other regions they sell power passes for those as well, so that’s prob why, but yeah it’s a real bummer. At least I used my first Rohendel one on my slow as poo poo Gunlancer.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm still leveling. I just log on, play for a while, then stop after a few rounds of questing. I imagine things will pick up when I do get to 50, boost some alts, and unlock stuff. I like the game just not enough to play every day and push through any faster.

All that said I just logged in after a week away from my PC and got some race event currency they gave away due to the time change issues. Can I use that in my 40s? I talked to a NPC in the first castle when the event was new and she told me to come back at 50. Just checking in case I have to use it before the next event starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Hefty posted:

I heard in other regions they sell power passes for those as well, so that’s prob why, but yeah it’s a real bummer. At least I used my first Rohendel one on my slow as poo poo Gunlancer.

I used it on my pistoleer deadeye, and then realized that while it looks really cool it hits like a paper towel. So I was trying to boost a sorceress and realized I couldn't do the knowledge transfer for rohendel again.