Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like being summoned and helping on a boss because it makes me feel like one of the summons in Fate lol

I'll especially go all out if it's just me and the host and I see them pop a rune arc before the fog gate. Feels great helping them pull out the dub on stuff like harder duo fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i like summoning people while wearing shabriri’s woe and kiting the boss all over the arena while my summon struggles to get attacks in. was really funny doing this with radagon

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

extremebuff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxEf3ugX8Ls&t=1s

this is from a few days ago but Zullie hacked in a Melina fight from summon data, she feels like such a complete boss it makes me wonder if you were intended to fight her at one point lol

I do wonder since she's a lot more elaborate than most summons. It would've made sense for her to attack you if you take the Frenzied Flame, for example

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 21, 2022

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i started a dungeon late last night but died a bunch before getting to the boss and had to turn in so i've spent my whole first day at a new job struggling not to say "tonight i'm going to show that fire trap who's boss" out loud.

One Hundred Monkeys
Aug 7, 2010
Carelessly walked off a cliff and found a secret platforming sequence completely by accident. Ftw

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r91cjoaxgl1syxcvg_480.mp4

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got to a secret large pink lake that instantly inflicts scarlet rot. no horses allowed. should've called this place the miyazaki palace

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

got to a secret large pink lake that instantly inflicts scarlet rot. no horses allowed. should've called this place the miyazaki palace

Just got there too lol, insanely lame

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You're supposed to put on immunity boosting gear. The game gives you 4000 different items, maybe try using them sometime.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

You're supposed to put on immunity boosting gear. The game gives you 4000 different items, maybe try using them sometime.

but i might need them later.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

i put on full mushroom gear, the immunity charm and popped a res buff and it still inflicts scarlet rot in 3 seconds lmao its loving brutal

however thanks to my ocd I can craft a million cures and run around popping those so i felt ready. until a boss there oneshot me

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Putting a boss there is one of the funniest things in the game

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

American McGay posted:

that's super fun, way more fun than just not having another poison swamp or one that I can't just run through on my horsey lol. Its good actually putting on resist gear and dully jogging from island to island

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Miyazaki admitting that he couldn’t help himself and just kept making poison swamps warmed my heart and now I feel like we’re all laughing together about it instead of me feeling mad.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Harrow posted:

Putting a boss there is one of the funniest things in the game

I don't think I'm ever going to fight that boss :saddowns:

EmmyOk posted:

Just got there too lol, insanely lame

It's not quite as bad as it seems at first, but is a funny troll what if ultra poison and instant death basilisks lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I went out to the very middle of that area to read a message and it was a guy pointing downward and saying "be wary of scarlet rot"

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I went out to the very middle of that area to read a message and it was a guy pointing downward and saying "be wary of scarlet rot"

lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

extremebuff posted:

that place was the most terrifying thing, I only survived with the help of a heal over time spell from the beast cleric and a lot of cursewords

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol ftw

One Hundred Monkeys
Aug 7, 2010
I respect fromsoft for still managing to appall me with their poison swamps, all these years later. There is however a tree penis [dire AIDS subtype] in that area which sucks a lot

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Maybe my favourite bit of Co-op. Summoned for gargoyles with the host and another player. I do quite badly lol but the other player just vaporises with I assume magic the Gargoyles so I expect an easy win and somehow the host still dies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdKcEhAtzmc

Resummoned by him shortly after. And he makes me wait so long for him to summon a second player I was just considering using the finger cutter. Eventually he gets another guy when the funniest possible thing happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sDX0_PvUjg

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Maybe my favourite bit of Co-op. Summoned for gargoyles with the host and another player. I do quite badly lol but the other player just vaporises with I assume magic the Gargoyles so I expect an easy win and somehow the host still dies.

Resummoned by him shortly after. And he makes me wait so long for him to summon a second player I was just considering using the finger cutter. Eventually he gets another guy when the funniest possible thing happens.

lmfao hahahaha

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

you ride the chariot in the lava you drat clowns. good lord. no wonder you people love dark souls 2. you're baffoons! now die!

edit: forgot to add now die! to the end of the post

this

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

lmfao hahahaha

I survived because I had the camera facing that way but it took me a second to realise what was happening because the invasion message came up so late

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

hell yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lmfao gently caress yeah!!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

and the happy ending is the host got the win when they summoned me the third time

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i just got to this zone and audibly groaned when the name popped up lmao

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I laughed for about a minute then warped out

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
there's an offshoot of an earlier area that shows you the bright glowing horrror from far away and I just silently mouthed "noooooo" when I saw it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the worst insult about lake of rot is that the mushroom gear just covers you in crap and you look like a loving fool and it STILL GIVES YOU SCARLET ROT IN 3 SECONDS I CAN HEAR THE DEVELOPERS LAUGHING AT ME