Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SplitSoul posted:

Finally.

Now to decide whether to sell or use. It was extremely expensive in treasure maps, but with the other motif pages dropping in the meantime I'll still come out ahead.

I mean, once you get the Cat Whisker Ear Scraper you kinda wanna hold onto it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

1glitch0 posted:

I mean, once you get the Cat Whisker Ear Scraper you kinda wanna hold onto it.

:hmmyes:

Well gently caress it. I am poor now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SplitSoul posted:

:hmmyes:

Well gently caress it. I am poor now.

Rock solid!

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
I just keep getting ancient daedric shoulders, 4th time just this past week. Fortunately they sell pretty consistently for nearly 2 million gold. Alas

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'm seeing conflicting reports, but was the Fargrave Guardian motif added with this update or are they waiting till the Jester festival? Friend and I opened lots of those WB coffers with no luck and couldn't find it on any guild vendors, despite it being searchable.

DoriDori240 posted:

I just keep getting ancient daedric shoulders, 4th time just this past week. Fortunately they sell pretty consistently for nearly 2 million gold. Alas

Hmm, I put mine on sale for 1.3m and it still hasn't been sold.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

PSA for anyone who isn't playing regularly. There is a surprise event going on where you get double the XP, gold, and stuff from nodes due to Zenimax breaking dungeons on PC with the newest update.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

1glitch0 posted:

PSA for anyone who isn't playing regularly. There is a surprise event going on where you get double the XP, gold, and stuff from nodes due to Zenimax breaking dungeonseverything on PC with the newest update.
fixed that for you. So much lag in overland content.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Just had a 2v2v0 capture the relic BG. Incredible game performance on PCNA today.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Just had a 2v2v0 capture the relic BG. Incredible game performance on PCNA today.

The real shocker is you got a capture the relic BG game!

I wonder if they are going to push back the Jester Festival since everything is broken on PC. I was looking forward to that.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

1glitch0 posted:

The real shocker is you got a capture the relic BG game!
They changed the BG queue options again last Monday (on PC, console players may have to wait another week), so all the BG types are back and equally likely.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

They changed the BG queue options again last Monday (on PC, console players may have to wait another week), so all the BG types are back and equally likely.

That should be cool if and when it works right.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

So once you're at a somewhat high level and have the fighters/mage/undaunted lines all maxed is there any reason to do the dailies for them? It doesn't seem worth the xp/gold for the effort. Am I missing something?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Fighters/mages give you a cheap motif, if you haven't completed it and don't want to shop guild traders for it, but otherwise not really.

The undaunted pledges give you keys which you can use to get undaunted shoulders from random boxes, so yes there are reasons to do pledges. The undaunted delve daily gives trash though, so that one you can forget if you've leveled the skill line.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Fighters/mages give you a cheap motif, if you haven't completed it and don't want to shop guild traders for it, but otherwise not really.

The undaunted pledges give you keys which you can use to get undaunted shoulders from random boxes, so yes there are reasons to do pledges. The undaunted delve daily gives trash though, so that one you can forget if you've leveled the skill line.

Good point on the pledges. I was thinking of the delves. Didn't know about the motifs. Thanks!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I think they also level up your companions guilds skills, i can't remember if that even matters

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Any guilds active on Xbox NA? I’ve been playing for about a month and I’m starting to move onto doing group stuff, add Swampcoward if so.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Barreft posted:

I think they also level up your companions guilds skills, i can't remember if that even matters

Companions have their versions of fighter, mage, undaunted skill lines.

Doing those dailies levels those skill lines, just like it does for real players.

They are also the best way to level rapport. Mirri likes fighter dailies, Bastian likes mage. They get +125 rapport if they are active when you turn the quest in, for comparison most of the other rapport changes are like +/-1.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Unlocked the Void Pitch dye. I now have carpal tunnel probably.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Error 404 posted:

Doing those dailies levels those skill lines, just like it does for real players.

They are also the best way to level rapport. Mirri likes fighter dailies, Bastian likes mage. They get +125 rapport if they are active when you turn the quest in, for comparison most of the other rapport changes are like +/-1.

We’ll dip me in butter and call me a fritter, THATs good to know

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Error 404 posted:

I believe it takes 20 guild dailies to max out the companion's guild skill line. You can run one a day for three weeks, or knock them out faster by using alts or getting friends to share the other daily quests with you. Luckily companion skills are account-wide, so you only have to do this once per companion.

For rapport, the dailies mentioned are good, and Mirri also gets +125 from one of the Ashlander dailies (the one from Numani-Rasi). Companions also get +500 for completing their personal quest which will become available once you've raised their rapport some. Rapport is unfortunately not account-wide.

Finally, leveling the companions themselves (not skill lines or rapport) only happens through combat XP. They don't get any quest or exploration XP, just a small percentage of any combat XP you earn while they're out. They do benefit from XP bonuses, so the best thing to do is wait for an event with double XP, put on training gear and pop an XP scroll, then just grind a ton of easy mobs.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

g0del posted:

Mirri also gets +125 from one of the Ashlander dailies (the one from Numani-Rasi)

I read that, but it didn't seem to work for me.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

SplitSoul posted:

I read that, but it didn't seem to work for me.
It was definitely working for me when I maxed her rapport a couple of weeks ago. So much faster than maxing Bastian's rapport. It's the daily that sends you out to pick up relics, not the ashlander daily that has you hunt a monster. And not the delve or world boss dailies from Vivec city.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

g0del posted:

It was definitely working for me when I maxed her rapport a couple of weeks ago. So much faster than maxing Bastian's rapport. It's the daily that sends you out to pick up relics, not the ashlander daily that has you hunt a monster. And not the delve or world boss dailies from Vivec city.

That's the one I was doing, didn't get the rapport notification and meter didn't seem to budge, either. The Mages Guild daily is a lot faster than Fighters Guild, but more importantly, dude doesn't object to picking up insects. I do wish they had a "Shut the gently caress up" setting for companions, even set to "Infrequent" I kept having to hear about Mirri's parents loving constantly.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

g0del posted:

Wait. That’s not the fighters guild dailies, that’s the Vvardenfell dailies.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Doctor Zero posted:

Wait. That’s not the fighters guild dailies, that’s the Vvardenfell dailies.
Mirri has two dailies that give her a big bonus, FG and ashlander.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Space Jam posted:

Any guilds active on Xbox NA? I’ve been playing for about a month and I’m starting to move onto doing group stuff, add Swampcoward if so.

I was going to put my hand up here, but I'm on PS4 and just learned they don't have crossplay for whatever evil corporate political reasons. It would be nice if these community type games allowed for that, like FFXIV does. I think the best solution is going to be throwing our consoles out and going to PC.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I'm on xbox and yesterday or so the active dolmen in a zone started pulsating on my map. Did they just add this or has it always done that and I have never ever noticed it? I feel like I'm going crazy.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

1glitch0 posted:

I'm on xbox and yesterday or so the active dolmen in a zone started pulsating on my map. Did they just add this or has it always done that and I have never ever noticed it? I feel like I'm going crazy.
They added it back in November.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

They added it back in November.

Wow. It's nuts I've never noticed that.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Some dude replicated Notre Dame in the housing editor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/sl9ehh/i_built_notre_dame_in_eso/

Even with the precision tools I can't imagine what a pain in the rear end this must've been to make.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

They didn’t increase the housing item slot limit did they?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Snowy posted:

No, but they've released new structural furnishings over the past year that let you cover more with fewer slots.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Snowy posted:

No, and they allegedly don't because of consoles, but then he "only" did the facade here.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Apparently they're going to be going all out on this month's login rewards
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/61881

quote:

In addition to these helpful goods, April will also grant two special collectibles, including Day 10’s White Lion mount and Day 21’s Anglidor, the Jester Houseguest. This new houseguest and mount are sure to liven up your home and be a faithful (and fearsome) ally on your adventures—so don’t miss out!
Plus some 150% XP scrolls and the usual stuff.

Add in Jester's Festival starting tomorrow and Jubilee afterwards it's going to be a busy time.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

It'll be my first Jester and Jubilee so I'm looking forward to it. Plus the Caldwell cat which might be the 1st thing I buy.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Hope you've got bank space or a good trading guild, because Jubilee will dump you full of style pages, and if you don't have ESO+ it'll also dump you full of mats.

There might be a free trial of the game which would be a good time to make a personal guild bank if you don't have one.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Hope you've got bank space or a good trading guild, because Jubilee will dump you full of style pages, and if you don't have ESO+ it'll also dump you full of mats.

There might be a free trial of the game which would be a good time to make a personal guild bank if you don't have one.

You mean dupe style pages? Those probably won't sell for much during the event, right? I have ESO+ so bring on the mats. I've become part of two pretty good trading guilds somehow, but I've barely dabbled in selling stuff. I want to do more of it, tho.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

1glitch0 posted:

You mean dupe style pages? Those probably won't sell for much during the event, right? I have ESO+ so bring on the mats. I've become part of two pretty good trading guilds somehow, but I've barely dabbled in selling stuff. I want to do more of it, tho.
Those too, but no I meant the purple crafting motifs. The prices drop during the event but some still sell quite well, especially after a few months.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

1glitch0 posted:

It'll be my first Jester and Jubilee so I'm looking forward to it. Plus the Caldwell cat which might be the 1st thing I buy.

Oh wow, need that cat. Not playing currently but going to log in and nab that glorious creature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Dang I thought it was a mount! Oh well, still going to log in and buy it. And the new cat mounts.