Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Juul-Whip posted:

"Open for Business" = more cops lol

lmao, come on. We didn't even have a half a year long bout of violent protests to excuse this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

KOOBA Kingdom

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Juul-Whip posted:

oh my god, they admit it!

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Juul-Whip posted:

Lol ~$100 million so the OPS can get paid more money to do nothing and own tow trucks they won't use. loving lmao

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
doesnt it feel like "inflation" is just becoming a catalyst for conservatives in canada to demand an end to various types of sales taxes?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
sales tax is bullshit I say get rid of it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rutibex posted:

sales tax is bullshit I say get rid of it

you are a bad opinions elemental

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'd trade sales tax for just taxing the rich a lot more.

But also maybe retail should be forced to include sales tax in list prices.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

I hear you. We will be trading sales tax for more cops, as requested.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

New policy proposal. Cops are exempt from tax

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

grey goo scenario, only it's endless increases to policing and police budgets

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
also remove sales tax exemptions from everything but the absolute cheapest imitation gruel. if you want more than that then work for it

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

grey goo scenario, only it's endless increases to policing and police budgets

You don't need an infinite budget, just enough to make a single self-replicating police van (Neumann machine).

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

skewetoo posted:

New policy proposal. Cops are exempt from breathing

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I will always back our brave boys in blue

Precambrian Video Games has issued a correction as of 00:15 on Mar 22, 2022

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Pathetic

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
not the worst comparison, they’re both useless and play dirty

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Oxyclean posted:

GST kind of works this way already, but the rebate threshold could be raised.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

death to ontario

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Call Your Grandma posted:

death to ontario

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
gently caress sales taxes, they're inherently regressive. Get rid of them entirely and replace it with killing the ruling class and seizing the means of production a wealth tax or something.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

death to ontario

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

killing the ruling class and seizing the means of production a wealth tax or something.

the first thing is technically a wealth tax, i think

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/canadianpolling/status/1506077728616898566?s=2

ndp got “progress to be made on pharmacare and universal dental care over the next 4 years”

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
progress?

oh thank goodness. really putting that leverage to work

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
wouldn't want to overplay your hand and demand an actionable commitment

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The promise of removing FPTP worked out so well I'm sure it's fine.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i wouldn't trust anything to happen even with "actionable commitment". the liberals has "actionable commitment" when they made ending fptp a central election promise that one time and they immediately went "lol no" in the most transparent manner once they were in power. it's possibly the single most infuriating thing they've done as far as i'm concerned because any other system would have massively improved how well representation in parliament matches with what people actually want and might've led to at least some marginal positive changes

i will say though that at least when they straight up tell you to get hosed at least you don't have to listen to endless whiny excuses about why something isn't possible

e:^ lol beaten

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

okay, well the ndp have secured somewhat less than that in exchange for four years of support, so idk

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

death to ontario

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

death to ontario

we're doing fine, thanks

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
yeah the mask mandate is gone and another wave is coming.

i can understand just not bothering with masks anymore because covid is over but the people now half-assing wearing a mask with your nose out makes no sense to me.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fwiw both my kids elementary classrooms had 90% mask wearing and the teachers were masked as well in Toronto so not all hope is lost. If we can limp to the end of June without rampant infections I'll take that as a win.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that sounds dangerously like optimism, bill.

you want to be accused of mainlining "hopeium" again?

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Still masking here. Ready for the next wave

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

at least 1/3rd of this thread won't leave the house without a full respirator and face shield, so there are likely to be some survivors regardless

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Dreylad posted:

yeah the mask mandate is gone and another wave is coming.

i can understand just not bothering with masks anymore because covid is over but the people now half-assing wearing a mask with your nose out makes no sense to me.

negotiating with covid has been a pillar of the public health response since this whole thing started in most of the world. wearing a mask, any mask, will at least give the virus pause and maybe it'll decide to be sporting and let you off lightly this time because, hey, you did make an effort after all

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i’ll prolly wear a mask shopping for the rest of the year at least. i absolutely do not want to get sick again lol

i usually go the last hour before close. there weren’t tons of other shoppers in the store but i was the only one in a mask

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lol the ndp are such garbage brainwormed libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

prom candy posted:

Mask mandate gone in Ontario, guess I have to start brushing my teeth again

i will wear my mask as long as essential workers have to, at the very least. feels rude otherwise

Yinlock posted:

real estate agents and the people who hate them.

It gets worse when there's so many that they start giving themselves gimmicks to stand out like exceptionally lame pro wrestlers.

reminder that Owen Pallett used to be Lamb's neighbor and wrote a song based on poo poo he screamed at his wife

"I feed you every morning and ask so little
But you belittle all the work, all the work that I do
When you take that walk without permission
I’m not defensive, I’m just saying this cause I love you
You know I hate it when your friends are in the pool
Old money stinks, send those faggots back to Forest Hill
Contentment? What contentment? I am bald and impotent
Is that what it’s about? Oh honey, honey, shut your mouth”