Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m on the Noah train too, I liked it quite a bit. I’m not religious but religious stuff is pretty fascinating to me especially the freaky Old Testament christian stuff. Would have been cool to have some of the really wild looking angels that had 8 wings and 50 eyeballs or were just a series of rotating hoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

priznat posted:

I’m on the Noah train too, I liked it quite a bit. I’m not religious but religious stuff is pretty fascinating to me especially the freaky Old Testament christian stuff. Would have been cool to have some of the really wild looking angels that had 8 wings and 50 eyeballs or were just a series of rotating hoops.

Did you ever see Leap of Faith with Steve Martin and Debra Winger?

I just heard about it on a podcast, it sounds good.

Also has Liam Neeson, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Meat Loaf!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

hemale in pain posted:

wait, is it really a pedo movie?? wtf

Ah but when you have Hollywood, every movie is a pedo movie!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Did you ever see Leap of Faith with Steve Martin and Debra Winger?

I just heard about it on a podcast, it sounds good.

Also has Liam Neeson, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Meat Loaf!

I haven’t but I remember the ads for it, Martin plays an evangelical faith healer iirc?

Whoa it has PSH? That I did not know.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Licorice Pizza sucks and Alana Haim gives one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen. Paul T Anderson had lost his mind casting all these loving awful non-actors after working with literal GOATs Philip Seymour Hoffman and DDL

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

hemale in pain posted:

I honestly feel like I'm going crazy here, every reviewer seems to love this movie and nominated for a bunch of awards, idgi

maybe it's just Hollywood jerking it to their own brand

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
So in that scene where Bruce Willis just keeps saying "yeah" at Luke Wilson, Bruce is totally greenscreened in, right?

They didn't mention it but it definitely looked like a strong possibility to me.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Cubone posted:

there wasn't an Addams Family cartoon in the 80's

I thought I remembered there being an Addams Family cartoon in the late '80s / early '90s but maybe I'm confusing it with Beetlejuice or something.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I honestly feel like I'm going crazy here, every reviewer seems to love this movie and nominated for a bunch of awards, idgi

maybe it's just Hollywood jerking it to their own brand

I complained about it and someone in this very thread kept arguing and saying the movie wasn't pro pedo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You know you’re in trouble when your film has a dude doing a Chinese accent more offensive than Rich Evans ever did.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Entropic posted:

I thought I remembered there being an Addams Family cartoon in the late '80s / early '90s but maybe I'm confusing it with Beetlejuice or something.

there was
in the 90's

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like Noah because it implies that all thr weird animals that don't exist anymore were eaten by Ray Winstone.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Watched Foxy Brown and I was not expecting the resolution of the plot to be cutting a dude's dick off and then giving it to his girlfriend in a jar lol

Was a decent movie by standards of the genre.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Jackass Forever is finally on the pirate sites.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mozi posted:

noah is the last movie i saw in an actual theater! and it enjoyed its weirdness

wolf of wall street

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No way. Dude still gets paid a fortune and his movies make massive money.

They're also loving garbage, just the worst trash

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

2 Comfys out of 5 and a frantic call to Chris Hansen, who says it's ok because it was the 70's it’s a grown woman (and she’s 25, not some gross, old hag) and a teenage boy.

hemale in pain posted:

Yup!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

DaysBefore posted:

The zombie one wasn't unwatchable and the desert town cop one was kinda fun for how stupid it was. If Arnie keeps having fun (i.e. not totally checked out like Willis or Seagal) then I hope he continues making B-Movie shlock

killing gunther was an okay comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7teasmofi-4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

They're also loving garbage, just the worst trash

I hear King Richard is pretty good

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Same, but replace The Fountain with Noah. The Fountain is still really good, I just feel like I'm the only person who really liked Noah.

i enjoyed noah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I loved Noah and I really liked The Fountain the second time I saw it. Can’t gently caress with mother! at all, that was whack.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I bet Mike only knows what trap music is because he's a big Lil Nas X fan

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Scaramouche posted:

I bet Mike only knows what trap music is because he's a big Lil Nas X fan

I’m a fan and I don’t even really listen to his music too often. Dude just owns.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I guess Noah is fine for me but I didn't get the Fountain. Maybe I will give it a second try.

Mother is a NO.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Cubone posted:

there was
in the 90's
There was also a crappy Addams Family cartoon in the 70's that was just them exploring the United States the entire series.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

mother was so loving stupid

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

mallratcal posted:

Edit: Jinx!, she was cool.

"Aight so after those assassinations we have the May accruals to tackle"

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

TheSwizzler posted:

"Aight so after those assassinations we have the May accruals to tackle"

lol I don't recall seeing her in her stuffy finance role in the comics, but now I want to.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

mallratcal posted:

lol I don't recall seeing her in her stuffy finance role in the comics, but now I want to.

Gettin furious at Excel, telling herself to bottle it all up for the field missions

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

kalel posted:

mother was so loving stupid

While I don't doubt it, you really should try to be understanding of your parents' limitations

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

infernal machines posted:

While I don't doubt it, you really should try to be understanding of your parents' limitations

Dont be so hard on him the apple didnt fall far from the tree

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I watched Cars 3 on Disney Plus and it's by far the best of the three Cars movies. Not that the competition is very stiff mind you.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Does anyone have that clip of Jay gleefully talking about children being killed in movies as the lady next to him becomes more and more visibly disturbed by him?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

I watched Cars 3 on Disney Plus and it's by far the best of the three Cars movies. Not that the competition is very stiff mind you.

Those movies are so unsubtle they literally hurt to loving watch. The most boomering loving boomer movies ever.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

TTBF posted:

Does anyone have that clip of Jay gleefully talking about children being killed in movies as the lady next to him becomes more and more visibly disturbed by him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x94zXO02VPU&t=882s

I still laugh pretty hard at the pistol slowly going in the kids mouth while he looks slightly confused.
I'm well-balanced, why do you ask?

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

TTBF posted:

more and more visibly turned on

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ZeusCannon posted:

Those movies are so unsubtle they literally hurt to loving watch. The most boomering loving boomer movies ever.

they are the worst. after Cars 1 i refuse to watch any others and i assume Planes was also bad for similar reasons.

i DID watch Turning Red the other night and that was pretty good. holy gently caress was it Toronto as gently caress but i enjoed it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You'll notice she stopped showing up after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

gays, I mean, jay's, secret is still safe for now