Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tbh it's not the idle game chat specifically that i miss about going to crowded public places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

tbh it's not the idle game chat specifically that i miss about going to crowded public places

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Incremental Mass really needs hotkeys to prestige, especially the atom/quark level since it wants you to do it 20-30 times in a few places.

Thankfully the fact that you keep the autobuy and unlock upgrades after prestiging makes it playable.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

postmodifier posted:

Accepted puncho and atomic dog, I did some pruning so we have 20ish slots left for whoever else wants in.

Feel free to ask me about catching back up to w4 if you've been gone a while, I just went through the process so I can give pretty recent advice

Is there a minimum level required to join? I just started playing this past weekend.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Idleon: fishing. How can you improve your catches per hour? I'm at about 110 casts/hr which translates into barely any fish/hr. Trying to get the 2000 bloaches for the anvil upgrade 3 is a slog.

I'm wearing the fishing shirt and pants. I have a gold fishing rod. Everything has at least T2 stone upgrades. I'm max on sleeper agent worm, and have a few cards that increase fishing efficiency. Fishing in the last spot in the second fishing zone using not dynamite and the vine. I have a few oceanman statues. Fishing level 20ish.
Is it just a matter of time at this point? Should I work to increase my efficiency so I can get multiple fish per cast?

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 61 days!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

LordAdakos posted:

Idleon: fishing. How can you improve your catches per hour? I'm at about 110 casts/hr which translates into barely any fish/hr. Trying to get the 2000 bloaches for the anvil upgrade 3 is a slog.

I'm wearing the fishing shirt and pants. I have a gold fishing rod. Everything has at least T2 stone upgrades. I'm max on sleeper agent worm, and have a few cards that increase fishing efficiency. Fishing in the last spot in the second fishing zone using not dynamite and the vine. I have a few oceanman statues. Fishing level 20ish.
Is it just a matter of time at this point? Should I work to increase my efficiency so I can get multiple fish per cast?

Fishing is just really slow. The best you can do is actively fish with the sleeper agent worm, that makes more difference than anything else.

In world 3 you'll get a mechanic that will help in the future, but until you get there it's just quite slow.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

LordAdakos posted:

Yeah, efficiency is key, there aren't many ways to increase actual catching speed. You could craft up a stack of hermit slurp food for a little speed boost, but in the long run getting more per catch is the trick. If you need bloaches specifically you could try and farm up a fuscismatia pendant (from snelbies) or buy a fish head necklace from the dungeon shop, both will give you a big boost to bloach drop rate.

Equip the splish splish bubble from the orange cauldron too, that's a big chunk of multicatch %

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Be careful about that, this game has a faulty NaN checker so leaving it alone overnight seems to break it pretty often. Unlike nearly every idle game, it might be for the best to just use offline gains.

I'd been wondering about that. I started checking out the game the other day when the thread first mentioned it, but I NaN'd after a few hours and just shrugged and threw in the towel. I suppose I could have decoded my save to valiantly attempt to fix it, but eh.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Vil posted:

I'd been wondering about that. I started checking out the game the other day when the thread first mentioned it, but I NaN'd after a few hours and just shrugged and threw in the towel. I suppose I could have decoded my save to valiantly attempt to fix it, but eh.

I’ve been keeping exports. When it NaN’d I could just clear cookies and import the save string. Much less of a loss is now possible which is nice, and it will at least run the offline time.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Vil posted:

Apparently that bug's been fixed now. And another content update arrived, too. I was surprised how much game there was, even after I posted the link here.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Stuck in the 20+ supernova time wall.

Seems weird that neutron stars don't generate offline when every other resource so far does.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Sindai posted:

Stuck in the 20+ supernova time wall.

Seems weird that neutron stars don't generate offline when every other resource so far does.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that there weren't more regular unlocks on the neutron tree too. It's all unlocked and bought at 20 supernova and I was hoping for more with how big that frame is. Maybe they'll just show up at some unknown point.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I thought oh I keep seeing IdleOn chat, I've bounced off it like 4 times, maybe I'll give it another try. Log into my first character, obviously has like 700k kills in the zone since It's been so long so i try to pick up the loot. There's stuff behind the thousands and thousands of base drops but I just can't grab them without picking up piles of it, moving over slightly and dropping it. Why is it so obnoxious to loot things?

Okay well I'll go back to town and spend some of my money or whatever. I go to put things in my stash but in order to see the tooltips, I have to toggle a quick-stack button on or off because it's built as a mobile interface? If you're releasing your game on steam at least give it a proper PC UI/UX jeez.

Alright fine i'll go look at some other things the anvil and stamps have upgrades I can afford with some of my stashed materials. But I have to walk to the chest, manually withdraws stacks of 25, and walk back to the anvil/NPC to level them up. I understand that inventory space and stack limits are a gating mechanic for crafting, I've seen enough chatter on the game to know that, but what an incredibly obnoxious decision to waste my time.

I've tried to play this game so many times but it took the worst lessons from old MMOs in the area of completely disrespecting your time. I want to love the game because I know there's a ton of depth and crazy things to level and interesting management of a huge roster of characters... but the overall user experience is SO deeply unfriendly and disrespectful that I just can not enjoy the game. Frustration just seeps into every interaction and the game just fails to engage me because of it.

Oh well.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Jhet posted:

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that there weren't more regular unlocks on the neutron tree too. It's all unlocked and bought at 20 supernova and I was hoping for more with how big that frame is. Maybe they'll just show up at some unknown point.

There's a lot more content ahead. There's just a wall at 20 supernovae that you need to get past.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

You bounced off it for the same reasons I did. I uninstalled and am not missing it at all. There are some good mechanics there, but they're buried in bad mechanics that would have existed 15 years ago. Just no good reason for it anymore except in games where they're expecting you to give them lots of money for P2W currency.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Yeah Lavaflame seems allergic to good or consistent UI/UX and it's baffling.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Xand_Man posted:

Yeah Lavaflame seems allergic to good or consistent UI/UX and it's baffling.

My understanding is that LavaFlame is like the anti-4g in terms of approach to the design. IdleOn has lots of players. They're happy with the money its bringing in. I don't understand how anyone can stand to play it for more than an hour, but people do. So like, you can give all the constructive criticism you want about all that stuff, but something is working for a lot of other people that aren't you. So, for me, I've just written off IdleOn as something I will probably never be able to enjoy because that's not the kind of game they're making.

I've had some negative interactions with 4g, but overall the pattern I notice, is that there's a specific kind of experience they're trying to cultivate such that if you raise something you're running into that is not part of the intended experience it is likely to be understood and addressed in some way either through premium currency buffs (which can be bought without paying) or later features. They take that criticism to heart.

The IdleOn thing is a bit sad because there's so many things that would be so much better if the negative aspects were fixed, but at some point you have to cut your losses. They're not making the game for you, and it's likely they never will. I feel this way about Melvor Idle too.

And to me, this is the thing that gives me so much inspiration for my own development. You can see these kind of underserved niches in the current ecosystem of incremental games. You know the kind of thing you want to play, and it turns out there aren't dozens of them. There's probably like 3 that really scratch the itch. So my thing is like, "what if you made one for people like you?" So I have an idle game I'm working on, and I really hope that when I sort stuff out with my next paying job I can devote some off-time to getting it off the ground properly.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 22, 2022

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
I get the criticism for sure, and I quit about a year ago for similar reasons, but I will say that it's still very much a work in progress and constantly taking stuff into account and patching it, albiet slowly.

He just released another patch today that added like six QoL features and a bunch of bug/balance fixes, so I mean maybe in two more years it'll be a game that scratches everyone's itch???

For me it's definitely the combo of really great art and extremely intricate overlapping mechanics that push my min/max buttons to the limit

I mean the art and animations are ridiculous, I have no idea how he comes up with some of this stuff, especially since it's apparently coded in some hella jank engine that nobody sane would use

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I thought oh I keep seeing IdleOn chat, I've bounced off it like 4 times, maybe I'll give it another try. Log into my first character, obviously has like 700k kills in the zone since It's been so long so i try to pick up the loot. There's stuff behind the thousands and thousands of base drops but I just can't grab them without picking up piles of it, moving over slightly and dropping it. Why is it so obnoxious to loot things?

Okay well I'll go back to town and spend some of my money or whatever. I go to put things in my stash but in order to see the tooltips, I have to toggle a quick-stack button on or off because it's built as a mobile interface? If you're releasing your game on steam at least give it a proper PC UI/UX jeez.

Alright fine i'll go look at some other things the anvil and stamps have upgrades I can afford with some of my stashed materials. But I have to walk to the chest, manually withdraws stacks of 25, and walk back to the anvil/NPC to level them up. I understand that inventory space and stack limits are a gating mechanic for crafting, I've seen enough chatter on the game to know that, but what an incredibly obnoxious decision to waste my time.

I've tried to play this game so many times but it took the worst lessons from old MMOs in the area of completely disrespecting your time. I want to love the game because I know there's a ton of depth and crazy things to level and interesting management of a huge roster of characters... but the overall user experience is SO deeply unfriendly and disrespectful that I just can not enjoy the game. Frustration just seeps into every interaction and the game just fails to engage me because of it.

Oh well.

I logged into the game again after not playing for a while and ran into this same poo poo. Closed the game again because i'm not dealing with that.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
just to confirm: Orb of Creation hits a no-progress point just a bit after the combat area opens? The only things I can buy at this point seem to be absurdly high-priced, like they're gated off for now, maybe?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Evolve newbie here, MAD'ed a few times, started spending Plasmids past 250. At what point should I consider doing the second nested reset, and/or at what point should I start dabbling in challenge genes? Also, to confirm, can I use soft-resets to re-roll species while I'm MAD achi hunting? Does soft-resetting allow for the targeted acquisition of the achis that require a specific species after another specific species, or does soft-resetting ruin that?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i bioseeded for the first time shortly after hitting 250 plasmids because i wanted to raise the softcap - but do build enough interstellar probes so that you can pick a good planet.

the junk gene/no manual crafting/no market access genes you can slam on as soon as you have all the +crafting plasmid purchases, imo, and then do loads of MAD resets. can't really advise on when to start doing bioseeds etc with challenge genes on, i haven't braved them yet. also the valdi suck absolute rear end and i hate them and have no clue how to get off the ground with their challenge

no clue re: soft resets

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

KazigluBey posted:

Evolve newbie here, MAD'ed a few times, started spending Plasmids past 250. At what point should I consider doing the second nested reset, and/or at what point should I start dabbling in challenge genes? Also, to confirm, can I use soft-resets to re-roll species while I'm MAD achi hunting? Does soft-resetting allow for the targeted acquisition of the achis that require a specific species after another specific species, or does soft-resetting ruin that?

You can do 0* Bioseeds immediately after 250, if you want, though I'd advise grabbing the first few storage upgrades at least. There's no real reason to do challenges for a while as their perks are generally not too exciting. Soft-resets are good for rerolling, yes, and after 25 unique races extinctions you'll get the ability to choose which to evolve into. Soft-resetting is a roll back to before you last prestiged so it doesn't work for those achievements or for setting up inheritances - have to do a MAD at least for that.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Rynoto posted:

You can do 0* Bioseeds immediately after 250, if you want, though I'd advise grabbing the first few storage upgrades at least. There's no real reason to do challenges for a while as their perks are generally not too exciting. Soft-resets are good for rerolling, yes, and after 25 unique races extinctions you'll get the ability to choose which to evolve into. Soft-resetting is a roll back to before you last prestiged so it doesn't work for those achievements or for setting up inheritances - have to do a MAD at least for that.

This part I don't understand - wouldn't soft-resetting after seeing the evolution gave me the same species put me back at the start of the RNA phase? What I bolded in your reply reads to me as "if I soft reset I get placed back at the moment before I MAD'ed" last, which is functionally the same thing. So like, could I do Species 1 of a nested achievement, and then evolve into soft resets until landing Species 2?

This is kind of a minor thing, since as you pointed out I just need to do 25 distinct MADs and I just get to pick anyway.

Thanks for the replies, peeps!

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

KazigluBey posted:

This part I don't understand - wouldn't soft-resetting after seeing the evolution gave me the same species put me back at the start of the RNA phase?
Sorry, yeah, there's a second option called 'Restore Backup' which is the one that kicks you back to before the prestige and lets you reroll your seed. Soft-reset is the rna phase and doesn't.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Rynoto posted:

Sorry, yeah, there's a second option called 'Restore Backup' which is the one that kicks you back to before the prestige and lets you reroll your seed. Soft-reset is the rna phase and doesn't.

Perhaps easier than soft-resetting is just keeping a save right before evolving and reloading. If you immediately evolve again you'll get the same species as last time, but when an random event happens every 15 minutes or so (like, "a meteor shower gives you 50 RNA" pops up on the right) it rejiggers the RNG and gives you a chance to evolve into something different. Also you're twice as likely to evolve into a species you haven't played before so the odds should be generally in your favor.

edit: as for progression I would definitely start doing 3* MADs now, no manual trade/crafting will take a little bit of getting used to but it's been so long at this point I can't remember what it's like playing with them off. You are probably in good shape to Bioseed but just expect your first one to add at least 24 hours to your run-- it feels like a tough wall to break through but certainly gets easier after the initial one. If you don't have all the craftsman upgrades from CRISPR I would recommend getting those first, there's one point in the Bioseed run where crafted resources are a major bottleneck. Be prepared to go for unification where you take over all the rival nations; you'll want to get started early on using your spies to sabotage/incite and whittle away those numbers. Also, it's not a mechanic you have to engage with too much on MADs, but be prepared to switch your government type around several times near the end of the run, it can make a big difference.

goferchan fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 23, 2022

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I blackholed for the first time.

It changes what the 4* challenge requires, but now I'm wondering if you have to repeat challenges in different dimensions? Or for some other reason?

Or are you just done worrying about extinction/greatness achievements once you get a 4* in each category? At that point do you just start picking races based on fanaticism/racial bonuses?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Agent355 posted:

It changes what the 4* challenge requires, but now I'm wondering if you have to repeat challenges in different dimensions? Or for some other reason?

Or are you just done worrying about extinction/greatness achievements once you get a 4* in each category? At that point do you just start picking races based on fanaticism/racial bonuses?

Some challenges require doing them in multiple dimensions to make their perks stronger. How achievements and mastery work in other universes is a bit trickier in that while in standard achievement stars are the sole source of mastery (.25% base, +.25% per tier of star up to 1.25%) in non-standard universes that mastery is lowered by default (.15% base, +.15% per tier up to .75%) until you pick up the Standard crispr upgrade - this is why you saved 3k plasmids that you'll spend once you hit Heavy - which raises that buff (.20% base, +.20% per tier). To make up for the loss of standard mastery the unique universes get Icon tiers (.10% base, +.10% per tier) which stack on top of the standard star mastery but only in that specific universe, and can only be achieved in that universe. Doing an achievement in a non-standard universe gives full standard universe mastery value (stars) as well as the unique icon.

With all that said, if you want to truly cap out mastery you'll be redoing a bunch of achievements in various universes - and it can add up to a lot, 80%+ on the high end just from universe icons. 4* MADs are the easiest source and should be done in a universe before going for Ascensions, imo. This also becomes easier post-hell once you unlock the blood infusions that allow you to pick any race on any planet with a small debuff.

You should be doing racial bonus setups for BH-and-up as your MAD reset times will lower to a few hours at most on 0* once you push hard into 4* heavy, after the AM stuff.

The challenges that get stronger/need to be done per universe are Failed Experiment (Sludge Race) and EM Field (Technophobe) both of which are post-Ascension tier.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 23, 2022

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Cobalt60 posted:

just to confirm: Orb of Creation hits a no-progress point just a bit after the combat area opens? The only things I can buy at this point seem to be absurdly high-priced, like they're gated off for now, maybe?

Yes once you see things that cost like a billion you've hit the end.

Game is releasing to EA on steam at the end of the month, but it a large overhaul to most of the game (alchemy primarily, new research mechanic). Not sure how much farther into the ritual content the new stuff goes.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

KazigluBey posted:

This part I don't understand - wouldn't soft-resetting after seeing the evolution gave me the same species put me back at the start of the RNA phase? What I bolded in your reply reads to me as "if I soft reset I get placed back at the moment before I MAD'ed" last, which is functionally the same thing. So like, could I do Species 1 of a nested achievement, and then evolve into soft resets until landing Species 2?

This is kind of a minor thing, since as you pointed out I just need to do 25 distinct MADs and I just get to pick anyway.

Thanks for the replies, peeps!

Rynoto posted:

Other way around. Restore Backup is a save snapshot which brings you back to pre-prestige, complete with whatever achievements, statistics, and seed you had at that time, exactly as if you exported to file before resetting and then reloaded that file. So all else being equal (random events etc.) you'll get the same results.

Soft Reset, conversely, brings your run's progress back to post-prestige (complete with any pre-evolution decisions if you've done a higher-than-MAD reset) but keeps your current seed and stats/achievements. Your parent and grandparent species are unchanged - those only update when you do an actual prestige reset (MAD or higher) rather than a soft reset.

This makes soft reset beneficial for two things:

1. Rerolling RNG for looping Soft Reset -> Sentience, for either going for a new species' MAD achievement or for one of those Fanaticism-combo achievements. Most applicable early game - Sentience RNG eventually becomes a non-issue.

2. Speaking of those Fanaticism-combo achievements, because soft reset also keeps achievements and because Fanaticism's very early in a run, you can do something like Sporgar MAD -> Human -> pick Fanaticism, collect Infested Terrans -> Soft Reset -> Sporgar -> pick Fanaticism, collect Second Evolution -> Soft Reset -> go to whatever species you actually want to play next and you're also free to pick Anthropology.

As a side note, achievements snapshot your challenge level at the moment the achievement kicks in. So even if you're normally averse to 4-star, you can totally do 4-star for collecting achievements available early in a run (Great Leap Backwards, Infested Terrans, Second Evolution, and if oceanic planet Madagascar Tree), then soft reset out without having to do the full run on 4-star. Although admittedly you'll probably get Great Leap Backwards on 4-star when you bite the bullet for your Valdi run, whether you were planning on it or not.

Soft reset isn't useful for Godwin's Law, since while that requires Fanaticism it also requires Internet, and at that point you might as well just go ahead and push through to MAD (or later).

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Agent355 posted:

Rynoto posted:

Lots of good tips

To add to Rynoto's thoughts, here's a brief rundown on reasons to universe-hop and/or repeat achievements (challenge or otherwise) in another universe, besides that universe's respective mastery for a given regular achievement.

Any given universe:
Achievements in the "Universe" section on the wiki - these contribute standard mastery to all universes but can only be unlocked in their respective universe
- White Hole (Standard) and Heavyweight Champ (Heavy) have associated perks as well, which scale with challenge level

Antimatter-specific:
Ability to unlock Bleed 1 CRISPR (save the rest of the tree for other universes when you can buy it with regular plasmids)
Ability to obtain the antiplasmid prestige currency, to stockpile for benefits from aforementioned Bleed tree

Evil-specific: (italics denote things that can be done in non-Evil too, once you're late enough game to have blood stuff relaxing your planet/species requirements, although I'd only recommend waiting that long for the feat)
Ability to unlock Angelic / Seraph / Unicorn genus/traits for custom race (post-ascension)
"Fallen Angel", "Unicorn Burgers", and "Light in the Dark" achievements
"Twisted" feat
"Paradise Lost" achievement
"Nephilim" feat

Heavy-specific:
Biggest bonus to prestige currency (MAD unaffected), which is why many players have this as their default

Global benefits from doing 4-star in each universe, even including Micro:
"Ascended" achievement for ascension reset, which you could do independently but will probably get as a side effect of...
"Technophobe" achievement for EM Field challenge mode

Universe-specific benefits from doing in current universe, even if you've already done it elsewhere:
"Grassland Civilizer" to unlock Savanna
"Oceanic Civilizer" or "Forest Civilizer" to unlock Swamp
"Volcanic Civilizer" or "Desert Civilizer" to unlock Ashland
"Tundra Civilizer" or "Forest Civilizer" to unlock Taiga
"Lemon Cleaner" achievement for Failed Experiment (aka Sludge) challenge mode

(And yes, that does mean that Micro and Magic don't get you much besides the Ascended/Technophobe improvements, and the standard mastery for their universe-specific achievements.)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
All the last adventure zone's gear is in the DC and Amal v3 is on auto-kill, I am so close to the end of NGU I can taste it and it tastes like another 100 days of playing.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DariusLikewise posted:

All the last adventure zone's gear is in the DC and Amal v3 is on auto-kill, I am so close to the end of NGU I can taste it and it tastes like another 100 days of playing.

Depends on what your definition of being done is. I'm not counting it done until none of the numbers can go up anymore. It feels good to have everything but 1 wish finished, hitting hard caps on e/mNGUs, and beating the last boss done.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with remembering to use Move 69 being my personal kryptonite (it does, I'm still only at about halfway there).

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Jhet posted:

Depends on what your definition of being done is. I'm not counting it done until none of the numbers can go up anymore. It feels good to have everything but 1 wish finished, hitting hard caps on e/mNGUs, and beating the last boss done.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with remembering to use Move 69 being my personal kryptonite (it does, I'm still only at about halfway there).

I'm close to done with sad ngus and then I'm gonna power dump into rich jerks and get the last 24hr and THEN I'll be done

should probably actually harvest so I can finish the last ygg tho lol

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Feline Mind Meld posted:

I'm close to done with sad ngus and then I'm gonna power dump into rich jerks and get the last 24hr and THEN I'll be done

should probably actually harvest so I can finish the last ygg tho lol

Ahh, yes, I'm dumping into rich jerks right now too. I keep failing when I try to get the last 24hr challenge, but I made it to 283 last attempt. I've dumped another boatload of exp into it, so I might finally be close.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jhet posted:

Ahh, yes, I'm dumping into rich jerks right now too

grindr as an idler

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

I see you too read the Garfield eats thread

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Evolve Idle

Are plants and fungi just easier than animals? Both of them seem like they let me just ignore one gathering job completely. What's the downside to them? I'm only on my sixth MAD reset so is it a later game tradeoff?

Oh and is there a good way to cheat/cheese the 2x accel time? When it runs out I am sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Ignoring lumber is definitely considered one of the better abilities. It's inheritable too via Fanaticism, so often you'll do a quick lead-in as one of those species before jumping into a challenging run with something else.