Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Waffle! posted:

Three more games coming to N64 Online:

Kirby 64, Pokemon Snap, and Mario Golf :dance:

I have never played Kirby 64; how is it?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Probably my decaying boomer brain but I feel like I’ll have more fun with the old Pokémon Snap than the new one. The new one had too much talking.

The original game definitely had a better soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I'm really excited to play Kirby 64, I think that when it came out I still saw 2D games as behind the times, I can actually appreciate it now

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Kirby 64 is great. Combining powers is the highlight of the game, you can wield a double-edged light saber & turn in a fridge.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why do news sites keep paying articles about the three games "announced" to be coming to NSO through the newest trailer? All three were literally announced in the initial trailer for the expansion pass last year. It was already known they were among the titles.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Why do news sites keep paying articles about the three games "announced" to be coming to NSO through the newest trailer? All three were literally announced in the initial trailer for the expansion pass last year. It was already known they were among the titles.

Search your heart.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gotta make old news sound new and also word their headlines to be technically not false but misleading enough to click.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

I have never played Kirby 64; how is it?

Genuinely rad. It's a great entry and the powers are among the coolest in the series.

I have high hopes for Forgotten Lands upgraded powers, there was already some neat stuff in the stuff we saw.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Was Mario Golf announced before? Both Snap and Kirby 64 I knew about but I don't recall Golf being on that original list.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Thunder Bear posted:

Good stuff. By "puzzle maps" I don't necessarily mean "finding the one solution to this map", but rather something a little more involved than just mashing your units against the enemy's units and coming out on top (which admittedly is what FFT and modern FEs boil down to, especially late game). I didn't have a ton of interest in Triangle Strategy at first, but people sharing mission impressions like this are keeping the game in my head.

Yeah, I would definitely check out Mario vs Rabbids, which goes on sale relatively often. The bonus missions have "puzzle maps" like I mentioned, but the campaign is mostly full of handmade missions that offer a more involved challenge, like "Okay in this map you're moving down a narrow bridge while snipers take potshots from across a gap, and teleporting units keep popping over to flank you".

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Been a while since I played the first advance wars but I think there was more to it than just throwing guys at the enemy. The remake has been delayed so who knows when we'll see it. I wonder if they'll use the delay to keep working on it, or if it's just sitting on a shelf

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Was Mario Golf announced before? Both Snap and Kirby 64 I knew about but I don't recall Golf being on that original list.

If it wasn't, then can I hold out hope we'll get Diddy Kong Racing on it?! :pray:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Silver Falcon posted:

If it wasn't, then can I hold out hope we'll get Diddy Kong Racing on it?! :pray:

I'm hoping for a much safer choice, Pilotwings 64

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm hoping for a much safer choice, Pilotwings 64

That one had never had any kind of port, has it?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Random question. Is there a thread for A-Train, or at least games like it? My husband made some custom scenarios for that game, but you can only upload 3 until you get a certain level of "engagement."

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

cum jabbar posted:

That one had never had any kind of port, has it?

Nope! It was never on the virtual console. Would be great if it came to switch online.

Really hope Mystical Ninja starring Goemon makes it the service.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Palmtree Panic posted:

Really hope Mystical Ninja starring Goemon makes it the service.

Oh my god I’d absolutely throw down for the expansion pack for this (and/or the sequel)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

Oh my god I’d absolutely throw down for the expansion pack for this (and/or the sequel)

The sequel with the ability to do co-op online would own so much.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hell has frozen over.

Pigs can fly.

Switch has folders.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1506059917274370057?t=WxPvpEw2dpRE9aDdhlAtHA&s=19

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Insha'iwata

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The Postman
May 12, 2007

GOTY came early drat

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I know what I’m doing all night

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why did that take 5 years

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Macaluso posted:

Why did that take 5 years

Same reason bluetooth audio did

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Nintendo wanted to make sure they got it perfect

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Mashallah

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

jackhunter64 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 22, 2022

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Nintendo trolled us.

Groups are only accessible via a submenu in All Software, you can't just...have one on the home screen. Maybe we'll get that in 2027.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

LODGE NORTH posted:

Nintendo trolled us.

Groups are only accessible via a submenu in All Software, you can't just...have one on the home screen. Maybe we'll get that in 2027.

:lol: No way

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I don’t believe you

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cancelled my steam deck preorder after the latest news

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LODGE NORTH posted:

Nintendo trolled us.

jfc Nintendo gets so much 70% right.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You press the L button from all software.

But... The L button is not used in the main menu, why not just press L there?

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Folders after 5 years. Maybe we’ll actually get themes one day.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Switch XL will come with themes if you are part of the Ambassador program

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

dr.acula posted:

Switch XL will come with themes if you are part of the Ambassador program

Nintendo doesn't do cool things like that anymore because their consoles sell too well now.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The Switch has themes! two of them

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

thank you nintendo

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

LODGE NORTH posted:

Nintendo trolled us.

Lmao based Nintendo does it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Can't wait to spend more time organizing my games than playing them.

Though I'm currently at 178 icons on my Switch so I've been wanting this for awhile.