Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Man, there's still minor, inconsequential trades coming in:
https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1506030185921093636

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kilza posted:

Man, there's still minor, inconsequential trades coming in:
https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1506030185921093636

Those sure are some hockey guys who sound like names you'd take in the 7th round in an EA NHL GM Mode Draft.

Kind of like Pyongyang, North Korea's Clifford Parros, who was a dude my CBJ took once to become Mr. Irrelevant.

e- Egor Korshkov goes to Fancy Cats, not Columbus:
https://twitter.com/Canes/status/1506034850922471431

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 21, 2022

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In the 2 seconds we had possession of Domi, we should've taken him on a quick field trip to the Everglades.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

I am gazing EXTREMELY FORCEFULLY at this tweet

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
So the Devils did a hamburger and nothing else, eh that's fine. I guess no one could stomach PK's contract, and I'd prefer them holding on to Severson (especially) and Zacha (if the price wasn't right).

does Vegas trading Dadonov mean Stone can come back soon? Inquiring fantasy minds need to know

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1506040066338136067

waiting until the last day of the season to trade away daddy so that they can maximize their playoff chances, i like it

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1506033511219740674

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
wasn't rask traded for niederetter

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Levitate posted:

Yes. Carolina won that trade 100%. Except for the part where Minnesota didn't want to pay Nino large money anymore.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Levitate posted:

And was on waivers earlier this year and could have been had for 'free'.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

rex rabidorum vires posted:

And was on waivers earlier this year and could have been had for 'free'.

Yeah. Twice. No one wanted him for $4m aav for some reason.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1506046500199092229

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m all in favor of ANAL V trades.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Jhet posted:

Yeah. Twice. No one wanted him for $4m aav for some reason.

Seattle's paying him like 850k to play in the minors now lol. Grab him for 4 and uhhhhhhhhh retain idk no one probably wanted him at 2 million per either.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/1506051081880678400

kes gonna be the playoff leader the knights need

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Levitate posted:

Strome kinda drives me nuts. When he plays well I actually really like him! But he also slips into passenger mode too often and becomes invisible along the boards and doesn't faciliate much puck movement. I dunno, hard to explain, basically when he plays with some fire he's a good player, but he doesn't do that consistently and he brings little in the way of defense or grit or edge to his game (not saying he has to go around throwing hits and fighting but like...that ability to get a little dirty and change things up if he's struggling a bit offensively for a stretch). Like...he can't remember to go to the net and likes to float around on the other side of the ice hoping Panarin will hit him with a long cross ice pass through 3 players kind of thing.

I think the thing is that the Rangers won't be able to sign him at the price he likely wants and I would not be surprised at all if they are hoping to sign Copp to something that's cheaper than Strome's potential contract for like 3-4 years and roll him out with Panarin at least to start next year. he might not be an ideal 2C but he doesn't exactly have to be one offensively if he meshes with Panarin a bit and provides some of that board work with enough skill to put the puck in the net

e: maybe this is dumb to say but I think Strome facilitates the worst parts of Panarin's game (the slow things down extreme east west try to make low percentage high reward plays constantly) and he's a big part of why that line starts struggling 5v5 when checking starts getting tight. East-West hockey is good but you can't rely on it as much as Strome and Panarin do because it's extremely easy to shut down if you're a good team and aren't caught flat footed or something.

That said I think the Rangers will also be sniffing around some other trades in the off season that might include some of the young assets they didn't move today, with the hope of landing a better 2C

Gotta move those young D at some point...not all of them are going to make it onto the roster and you can't just stash them and think they'll increase in value

I agree with the sentiment on Strome, though he does have some good chemistry with Panarin, and they're good friends off the ice, too.

I'm curious what happens with Strome this offseason, because I could see him getting one of those crazy 6-7 year UFA contracts, but I could also see other GMs considering him as the beneficiary of being Panarin's sidekick and on a lethal power play, but otherwise the 30-something point player he was his whole career when he didn't happen to be clicking with a superstar.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Zodijackylite posted:

I agree with the sentiment on Strome, though he does have some good chemistry with Panarin, and they're good friends off the ice, too.

I'm curious what happens with Strome this offseason, because I could see him getting one of those crazy 6-7 year UFA contracts, but I could also see other GMs considering him as the beneficiary of being Panarin's sidekick and on a lethal power play, but otherwise the 30-something point player he was his whole career when he didn't happen to be clicking with a superstar.

Dude, if there's any lesson I learn every single off-season, it's that there will always be a GM who is willing to overpay to get a player and give out a stupid contract. If Strome hits the open market, I would be stunned if some GM didn't give him 6/$40.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/1506051081880678400

kes gonna be the playoff leader the knights need

So the point of this trade is just for him to sit on LITR so Stone can come back, right?

Vegas' all in-ness is really starting to bite them rn

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

tarbrush posted:

So the point of this trade is just for him to sit on LITR so Stone can come back, right?

Vegas' all in-ness is really starting to bite them rn

kesler probably can't do much sitting with his resurfaced hip, but yeah that's the plan

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

fawning deference posted:

Dude, if there's any lesson I learn every single off-season, it's that there will always be a GM who is willing to overpay to get a player and give out a stupid contract. If Strome hits the open market, I would be stunned if some GM didn't give him 6/$40.

That's Philip Danault/Blake Coleman money.

Yeah, you're right.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Who hosed up the worst this year? I don’t feel like anybody made any major awful fuckup trades that had us LOLing for a bunch of pages.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Who hosed up the worst this year? I don’t feel like anybody made any major awful fuckup trades that had us LOLing for a bunch of pages.

The Sens paying a 3rd for Travis Hamonic is probably the worst of the deadline. Hagel for 2 1sts is probably equally headscratching but Tampa gets a pass after being ahead of the curve on discount contracts winning them two cups.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Edmonton with Brassard, Islanders with extensions of old trash, and Tampa for using 2x1sts on a player that doesn't fit the profile of their previous acquisitions and put up some ugly spreadsheet numbers in his first game.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

The Sens paying a 3rd for Travis Hamonic is probably the worst of the deadline. Hagel for 2 1sts is probably equally headscratching but Tampa gets a pass after being ahead of the curve on discount contracts winning them two cups.

Flyers hands were tied with Giroux but they sill somehow got an even worse return.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I just learned what entry waivers are and while I understand the point of them god drat is it funny to see reactions from Toronto fans.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/goldenknights/status/1506082887262629892?s=21

Lol

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
lol the loving Golden Knights are such a trash bag franchise. They totally sent the trade into the league office just hoping Dadonov would go along with it and didn't tell Anaheim they were on his no trade list

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Starsfan posted:

lol the loving Golden Knights are such a trash bag franchise. They totally sent the trade into the league office just hoping Dadonov would go along with it and didn't tell Anaheim they were on his no trade list

100% lmfao unbelievable

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Starsfan posted:

Maybe Vegas is hoping that they pissed off Dadonov enough by not asking him to waive his NTC that he'll accept the trade to Anaheim

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1506088499006656513

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

I was going to say that Vegas didn't have a bone head deadline deal, but all of their trades this year have been pretty bad. However, it appears Vegas fixed the issue and made a boneheaded deadline deal as well.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

#VegasBorn

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:lol: they tried to rules lawyer around his NTC and hosed themselves in the process

I hope he hardballs them and they get hit with penalties for their fuckery

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Are the Golden Knights arguing that Dadonov didn't submit his list to them by July 1st 2021 he's eligible to be traded to anyone? He was still an Ottawa Senator up until July 28th 2021

what???

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Somehow bigger dicksheads than GM JR with Phil or Hornqvist...which is impressive

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Starsfan posted:

Are the Golden Knights arguing that Dadonov didn't submit his list to them by July 1st 2021 he's eligible to be traded to anyone? He was still an Ottawa Senator up until July 28th 2021

what???

He submitted his list to the sens who did not proactively forward the list to Vegas, according to them. Which in no way would invalidate it - that's like saying not knowing traffic signs absolves you from following them.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Between this and MAF Vegas' treatment of players they decide they no longer want is appalling and you have to wonder at what point players they want to sign are going to start charging them a major premium for it.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

When they miss the playoffs

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He submitted his list to the sens who did not proactively forward the list to Vegas, according to them. Which in no way would invalidate it - that's like saying not knowing traffic signs absolves you from following them.

And I mean.. If Vegas was under the impression that Dadonov had not submitted a no trade list as was his right under his contract, they should have acted openly and in good faith and clarified that with his agent when he arrived in town. Sitting on this perceived shortcoming on Dadonov's part for 9 months until the trade deadline and then dealing him without his knowledge or consent is hosed up.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1506101774532423681

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I really don't understand Vancouver trading Motte for a 4th and doing nothing else. Hopefully this wasn't Aquilini's doing and we're just doomed to be lovely forever.