Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Poland is also in NATO, so. Ya know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The logic of attacking a non NATO country surrounded by NATO countries so they won’t join NATO must have some 6D Chess stuff going on as I don’t see it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

BigPaddy posted:

The logic of attacking a non NATO country surrounded by NATO countries so they won’t join NATO must have some 6D Chess stuff going on as I don’t see it.

It’s because Putin is a revanchist and wants to to rebuild Russia to its “former glory”. In the aftermath of the 2002 Chechen theater attack that was the springboard for Putin’s popularity in Russia, he gave a speech that basically blamed the terrorist attack on the fact that Russia had been hacked apart when the USSR collapsed, and that the only way to strengthen the country would be to rebuild the Russian Federation by bringing those territories back into the fold. If Ukraine becomes part of NATO that pretty much guarantees that he can’t seize and reintegrate that area into Russia, so it’s kinda now or never for him.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Melissybk/status/1504651504136990757

dads please c/d

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This is extremely good but I’m far too committed to colorful onitsuka tigers, short shorts, colorful merino socks and plain colored tees to give in that level.

I’m sure my style is the prevailing dad style, even if not in the zeitgeist. Such is life.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I still wear chucks and hoodies, and god help me if I ever tuck a t shirt into my shorts.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

god help me if I ever tuck a t shirt into my shorts.

This is not a thing that can happen.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That dude did another one where they're having dinner and he slowly transforms into his dad before making the ultimate dad joke

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Joey Freshwater posted:

So this is pretty loving rad

https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1505643511928037379?s=20&t=NruMIY-HNAiWv_7ZSwOraA

Flexport is my company. Weird having pride for somewhere you work

e: to further clarify we have an arm of the business that works with charity organizations to help navigate the logistics issues of getting goods to places that need it.

My wife works there. Currently Forbes 194th best startup to work for, putting it at... slightly above average?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Pain of Mind posted:

My wife works there. Currently Forbes 194th best startup to work for, putting it at... slightly above average?

Nice! Wonder if we’ve done any work together.

We also just took a billion dollar round of funding so we’re doing alright. Also #32 on the ycombinator list

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

LeeMajors posted:

onitsuka tigers,

I've been wearing these for like 15 years and I need a new pair any they are so loving hard to find in stock in my size.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

wandler20 posted:

I've been wearing these for like 15 years and I need a new pair any they are so loving hard to find in stock in my size.

They discontinued the Ultimate 81 which was my favorite.

:negative:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

LeeMajors posted:

They discontinued the Ultimate 81 which was my favorite.

:negative:

So that's what happened. gently caress!

Edit: Ironically, I've been looking at the New Balance ML574 as a replacement. Closer and closer to full dad mode.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 22, 2022

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Sup Tiger crew

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Can’t wear ‘em or Chucks anymore, not until I lose some serious weight. I did splurge recently on some Jordan 3s that popped up on SNKRS.

More importantly, good news - wife gave birth last night :toot: mom and baby healthy and resting still at the hospital.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Congrats!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

harperdc posted:

More importantly, good news - wife gave birth last night :toot: mom and baby healthy and resting still at the hospital.

:toot:

Being a dad is the best. Congrats bud.

______

Unrelated obviously but I can’t comprehend how a person can run like this:

https://twitter.com/mikesteveritter/status/1506083792972308482?s=21

FROM THE loving RIGHT HAND BOX

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

harperdc posted:

Can’t wear ‘em or Chucks anymore, not until I lose some serious weight. I did splurge recently on some Jordan 3s that popped up on SNKRS.

You have formed a babby! Congrats!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

harperdc posted:

Hell yeah bud, glad to hear it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

harperdc posted:

Time to trade your Jordan 3's for New Balances, harperdc.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Hell yeah bud, glad to hear it.

Newborn time :toot:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Lotta married goons found the same way to handle boredom last summer during lockdowns.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Congrats on the babies everyone.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Congrats harperdc!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lol that guy’s dad rules, wanna BBQ with him. Also lol at the hidden implication that he strips down naked in front of dad in the doorway (there’s a pair of boxers laying on the dresser)

LeeMajors posted:

onitsuka tigers

I think you’ve just solved the Adidas/Busenitz shaped problem in my life, whenever I go to order a pair they never seem to have any cool color ways I like.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

You can get Tigers in vending machines in Tokyo

every time my dad would go there for work he'd call me and ask for my size because he thought it was so cool

i need to invest in some new tigers, but god dammit i can't stop buying nobulls

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Congratulations on the little pooper!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Man, people are such assholes. A while ago a bunch of managers were caught colluding with employees and clocking them a ton of overtime hours they didn’t work and taking a cut (like over 40 hours of OT a week which can sometimes be normal) so now my co-worker has to spend most of his payroll morning emailing managers of all people who have over a certain (pretty high) threshold of overtime hours to get verification in writing. Almost every single one of them gets immediately lovely and defensive towards him, going so far as to message him privately with poo poo like HuRR WeRe WoRkInG a Lot Of OT tHis WeeK cAn AnyOnE iN pAyRoLl cOmE OuT aNd dO SoMe rEaL wOrK

gently caress you, you dumb dildos

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Congrats Harper! Most amazing feeling for me was becoming a dad.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

T-Square posted:

Man, people are such assholes. A while ago a bunch of managers were caught colluding with employees and clocking them a ton of overtime hours they didn’t work and taking a cut (like over 40 hours of OT a week which can sometimes be normal) so now my co-worker has to spend most of his payroll morning emailing managers of all people who have over a certain (pretty high) threshold of overtime hours to get verification in writing. Almost every single one of them gets immediately lovely and defensive towards him, going so far as to message him privately with poo poo like HuRR WeRe WoRkInG a Lot Of OT tHis WeeK cAn AnyOnE iN pAyRoLl cOmE OuT aNd dO SoMe rEaL wOrK

gently caress you, you dumb dildos

That's a failure of leadership. Sorry you have to be in the middle of it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
1) lol

2) that stache?

https://twitter.com/laurenpeikoff/status/1506260412790194178

Also, congrats to the new dads ITT!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

saintonan posted:

That's a failure of leadership. Sorry you have to be in the middle of it.

Yeah, it’s an extremely temporary band-aid solution that will likely end up not being temporary. Thankfully I don’t actually have to deal with it personally, but my coworker is not a very confident person and doesn’t understand the art of professional clap-back emails, so I feel bad for him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Bawidaba da launch da Nukes trumpy trumpy

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Do you think Kim Jong Un would like the Snowflakes video?

Kim just walking around his palace growling Ain't Nobody Gonna Tell Me How To Live

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Do you think Kim Jong Un would like the Snowflakes video?

Kim just walking around his palace growling Ain't Nobody Gonna Tell Me How To Live

He's neutral on Kid Rock but he loves Monster Truck

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What is Kid Rock's policy on Putin????

https://twitter.com/SSS_music/status/1506275882779885571

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Who do you think would enjoy Kid Rock the most?

Putin
Erdogan
Kim Jong Un
Mohammad Bin Salman
John Fetterman

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Trump might be the only human to ever think WWKRD?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Who do you think would enjoy Kid Rock the most?

Putin
Erdogan
Kim Jong Un
Mohammad Bin Salman
John Fetterman

No idea out of those guys but I feel like Ramzan Kadryov is definitely down with Kid Rock. Also Rage Against the Machine which he has never understood a single line from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

harperdc posted:

Newborn time :toot:

Congratulations!