Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Palmtree Panic posted:

Folders after 5 years. Maybe we’ll actually get themes one day.
Use your Switch to play video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I will use my Switch to run Youtube and watch other people play video games.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Spacebump posted:

Nintendo doesn't do cool things like that anymore because their consoles sell too well now.

Which is also why I'm shocked there's still no new Rusty's Real Deal baseball, the Switch would be the perfect platform for him to provide for his family.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

LODGE NORTH posted:

Nintendo trolled us.

Groups are only accessible via a submenu in All Software, you can't just...have one on the home screen. Maybe we'll get that in 2027.

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mega64 posted:

I will use my Switch to run Youtube and watch other people play video games.

disgusting demod this freak right now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mega64 posted:

I will use my Switch to run Youtube

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Nintendo trolled us.

Groups are only accessible via a submenu in All Software, you can't just...have one on the home screen. Maybe we'll get that in 2027.

Given that a lot of us have more than 30+ games, I'll take it. A few more button clicks without having to SCROLL THROUGH EVERYTHING.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

cancelled my steam deck preorder after the latest news

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ban those who lost faith in nintendo and ordered a steam deck

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Nintendo always slowly taking 1 step forward and 2 quick steps backwards

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The steps forward are huge long leggy stomps and the steps back are tiny little shuffles like a cat getting ready to pounce

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It is incredible Nintendo energy to release a much requested feature ultra late into the game and then do it in an rear end backwards way

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I can't wait to watch a three hour video about Nintendo's latest fuckup. Has anyone put together a gangtag commemorating this yet?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

This folder fuckup snafu is the funniest poo poo I've seen all year.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the puppet will be angry

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

No joke; I did the same thing, except instead of Doom Eternal, which I don't have (yet), I put Quake in there.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
How many games are displayed on your menu before the "All" option appears listing everything?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Don't know why this can't be on the home screen but I'll take it!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Postman posted:

Don't know why this can't be on the home screen but I'll take it!!
I could easily find all those games almost instantly based on their icons alone. Congrats on wasting 30 seconds that you could have spent actually playing those games idiot!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

poo poo!!!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i simply insert the game cartridge into the nintendo switch to play the game

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I preorder and predownload the game, then play for ten minutes and move onto hyping up the next game.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I only preorder nintendos if I see enough youtube thumbnails with open ended sounding titles

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
the new tracks aren't great and i'm probably not going to return to them. i hope they can be avoided from random selection

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

So, about how I only preorder nintendos if I see enough youtube thumbnails with open ended sounding titles...

Fixed

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Willo567 posted:

How many games are displayed on your menu before the "All" option appears listing everything?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Good Invader Zim reference

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Automata 10 Pack posted:

the new tracks aren't great and i'm probably not going to return to them. i hope they can be avoided from random selection
They can't. Get owned.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Imagine thinking Paris Promenade isn't loving amazing lmao. A Mario Kart track where the final lap is driving into incoming traffic.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Good sir,
You are missing Strife in your Doom collection. How dare you!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Automata 10 Pack posted:

They’re great. Ninja Hideaway is bonkers.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Rocket Pan posted:

You are missing Strife dusk in your Doom collection

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

After extensive delays, I finally beat Metroid Dread, at something like 14:15 with 100% items. I had purchased it on release, but got frustrated a few times and massively sidetracked by SMTV. I think I had my save waiting at the final boss for a few months.

I'm definitely glad I pushed through and never gave up (I remember thinking I should quit when getting stuck on the first boss, lol). Like a lot of the people in this thread, the final boss gave me trouble as I learned their attacks but I had an (initially) really smooth final run after taking a break.

I'm not proud of my clear time, but I am proud that I managed to get some of those shinespark items. Those were a true test of dexterity!

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Strife at least runs in the idTech1 engine (and curiously even kept the same map format unlike Hexen, despite the Dialogue additions). Dusk has no connection to Doom at all.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Religious successor

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Read After Burning posted:

I have never played Kirby 64; how is it?

On top of also chiming in that it's great, it's also got a special kind of charm in being kinda the last gasp of the older style games, where there's a wide variety of copy abilities rather than fewer with more moves (though quite a few Kirby 64 copy abilities got basically incorporated into movesets starting with Return to Dream Land) and there's also much more variety in visual design- every level is unique with very little asset reuse.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

The new tracks are great but lmao I can’t stop noticing all of the waluigi wigglers after someone posted about it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i simply insert the game cartridge into the nintendo switch to play the game

fartridge

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

nintendo brings us folders and kirby in the same week. nintendo stays winning. everybody say thank u nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Even with a dumb implementation, groups/folders will be helpful for my Jackbox games. Usually if I'm hosting a jackbox evening I have to load each one up to get them on the home screen