Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Waci posted:

It's ok, nobody will hurt you here :glomp:

Ack! I've been glomped!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Ravenfood posted:

There are three types of chronically late people: those who actually havent figured out time management like young kids, people with executive dysfunction who haven't figured out appropriate coping strategies, and the people who genuinely don't give a poo poo about others.

There's also people who have to rely on public transportation. It's very common - your bus is scheduled to leave at 6:55, you get there at 6:45 to be safe, and then the bus doesn't show up until 7:30. Or, the bus is full and/or just drives by your stop. And we're often written off as irresponsible because of it, unless we have enough time to get places three hours earlier than we're supposed to.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
My mom is a chronically late person and I honestly don't think it comes from a place of being intentionally inconsiderate for her. In every other matter of personal interaction she's very considerate of people's feelings. She just seems to have this massive mental block when it comes to ever being aware of what time it is, and is real stubborn about it for some reason. She's never worn or carried a watch (she even avoids carrying her smartphone around most of the time and I think the fact that it's a clock is part of the reason), and when she built a private workshop where she does hobby stuff she made a big point about never putting a clock up in there.

Her stubborn insistence on being unaware of time even works for her in some regards. She has this insane work ethic where she'll put her nose down and work indefinitely until she's solved whatever problem she's working on (she's worked in software development most her adult life), and there have been times where I worried that my mom would work herself to death, but it's earned her lots of accolades, money, and always put her ahead in her industry.

I dunno. It's a weird mentality that I've never understood. Maybe some of these people had a traumatic childhood experience that involved being rushed and they spend their adult lives running away from that feeling. Or some people are just wired to ignore the concept of time and scheduling it.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
AITAH for taking my children out of a potentially dangerous situation?

quote:

Two years ago we adopted two little girls Mary (now 9) and Sara (now 8). They are sisters. The other day they asked to go to a restaurant which serves food from their home country. This particular restaurant is VERY far from our house. While there the girls asked if they could use their native language. We don’t really allow them to do so in the house but in this case we did. The waitress was really excited. She began asking the girls questions and she ran in the back. I asked the girls what was happening and Mary said “That woman knows our aunt” (The girls mother died when they were toddlers. The grandmother raised the girls but was becoming old. She did visit the girls everyday while they were in the “orphanage”) The aunt came out of the kitchen and began hugging and kissing my kids! I immediately pulled the girls away. I left the restaurant (we didn’t even order🙄). I vowed never to return. I was annoyed and I went to Facebook to rant While most people supported me saying I was protecting them against possible dangers, others called me an rear end in a top hat for taking them away from their family twice

They definitely had cause to be wary of the supposed aunt, but the whole not allowing them to speak the natave language in the house is pretty assholey culturaly genocidey.
Edit: For correctness.

edgeman83 fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 22, 2022

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

edgeman83 posted:

AITAH for taking my children out of a potentially dangerous situation?

They definitely had cause to be wary of the supposed aunt, but the whole not allowing them to speak the natave language in the house is pretty assholey.

It's not assholey. It's cultural genocide.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Foo Diddley posted:

especially considering how gruesomely rats generally die (for those that don't know, rats are *real* good at growing tumors. i think that's why they use 'em in cancer research)

It's more that most animals get cancer and grow tumors once they're past a certain age, the genetic machinery just starts to break down. Rats, unfortunately, have very short natural lifespans and their biology has evolved with that fact. One negative consequence is that pet rats will almost invariably live far beyond what their biology is calibrated for as optimum lifespan, and thus tumor city. In nature that's no real drawback because it would be a vanishingly rare rat that lives old enough for that to be a problem.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's called undertaking.

One of the few things I agree with Jeremy Clarkson on is that "if there was room for me to undertake, there was room for you to get out of the way and stop blocking traffic"

He also punched Piers Morgan in the face so I give him credit for that too.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, I can't believe stories like this. Most men aren't blowing loads in their pants at the sight of a fully clothed bosom, so I doubt a watch fetishist is going to get a raging hard-on every time he sees a clock, unless he has an acute brain injury like Harry the Safety Pin Fetishist.

My very first girlfriend was mostly attracted to me for my watch. It was pretty stylish. She would compliment it more than me. She'd get annoyed if it wasn't visible in photos people took of us together. She'd contort her body around and move my arm to make sure the watch was prominently displayed.

She wouldn't hook up with me if I wasn't wearing it. I only found out because I took it off to go swimming and then when we were changing out of our bathing suits we were naked so I made a move. She stopped me and demanded I put the watch on. I had to get dressed again, go back outside, get my watch and come back in while she stood there naked getting impatient because it took me some time to find it.

I lost the watch a few months later when I was sledding and she broke up with me. I was pretty upset at the time but now I'm pretty thankful that watch got lost.

Mr. Grapes! fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 22, 2022

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mr. Grapes! posted:

My very first girlfriend was mostly attracted to me for my watch. It was pretty stylish.

She wouldn't hook up with me if I wasn't wearing it. I only found out because I took it off to go swimming and then when we were changing out of our bathing suits we were naked so I made a move. She stopped me and demanded I put the watch on. I had to get dressed again, go back outside, get my watch and come back in while she stood there naked getting impatient because it took me some time to find it.

I lost the watch a few months later when I was sledding and she broke up with me. I was pretty upset at the time but now I'm pretty thankful that watch got lost.

Can you imagine how crazy she and watch guy would have gone on each other?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, I really want to see that one. Like, how does that play out in practice? Do the tall folks just have to crouch around?

Yes. Like when tourists take photos with buddhist monks. You have to sit or kneel lest you look taller than these (typically) very short men.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Chronically late people will just happily steamroll over you forever if you never call them out on it with any consequences, I would've said something a bit more direct and left my phone on silent just in case, but otherwise nothing has a chance of changing if you don't just start doing something concrete like that.

They will steamroll over you forever even if there are consequences, as evidenced by her best friend dumping her over how lovely she is. There is nothing to be done about them; it's like rabies. I'm sure OP has tried being direct over his 5+ year association with this woman due to his lack of standards.

In case of what?

Hughlander posted:

Guy blowing up his life for secretary reminds me of this one...

How can I manage the resentment my girlfriend (25F) and I (42M) have for each other?

Update 1: How can I (42M) build my relationship back up with my kids (minor teens, Fx4) after an affair?

UPDATE: How can I (42M) build my relationship back up with my kids (minor teens, Fx4) after an affair?

This is a fantastic post. For once, one of these pieces of poo poo is actually punished as a direct result of his own actions. The victims of his crimes don't need to expend any effort to take him to task and can cleanly sever from him.

haveblue posted:

He's mad that someone in the passing lane (leftmost) will shift right to the non-passing lane, pass whoever was ahead of them in the passing lane, and then return to the passing lane. Which I'm pretty sure is illegal but as another driver it it not your job to do anything about it

It's not illegal, nor should it be. If you're going so slow in the passing lane that it's necessary for another driver to pass you, then you should be in the middle or slow lane.

Brawnfire posted:

I'd actually really like to glimpse their thought process / hear their internal monologue because it makes NO sense to me. They never have good reasons, they never seem to absorb the level of frustration of those around them, they don't mind entirely missing things they wanted to do.... are they human? What's happening in there?

They are self-centered pieces of poo poo: the end. There really isn't anything more to it than that. As far as understanding it goes, you might think of it as a specific manifestation of main character syndrome. When you're watching a lovely sitcom or whatever, the main character will always be late for school or work or an appointment or whatever and walk in while the thing is already in progress, because we the audience do not need to see them get there early and play with themselves while they wait for everyone to file in and for the thing to start. Bad people think that's how real life is and act that way on purpose.

Or if you prefer a real life example, if there is like a dignitary visiting or someone giving an educational lecture or a CEO holding a meeting, then obviously it can't start until they get there because the event is for them. Idiots with an exaggerated sense of self-importance think of themselves this way even when it is just them meeting some friends for board game night, especially if they have decorum poisoned flying monkeys enabling them and saying no one is allowed to eat until aunt Karen gets here or she'll be a bitch to everyone, QED the only solution is to continue encouraging her to behave badly instead of simply not inviting her to things anymore.

pentyne posted:

In his words this sounds more like manipulative and controlling behavior.

Yes, because it is. Chronically late people do it on purpose as a power move to bully people weak enough to continue associating with them. That's why they're never late to things they like or think are important.

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

I've known a few people who are chronically late and I find it to be the most alien loving thing in the world. I'm really uncomfortable being late for anything because you're wasting other people's time, what kind of rear end in a top hat does that and the idea that someone wouldn't understand this or be acutely driven not to do it is just bizarre. I can't even try to get inside their heads to understand it; there's a level of disregard for other people that feels incomprehensible.

They do it intentionally to show contempt for people around them and let them know they are beneath them, like "you will have dinner waiting for me on the table when I arrive home from my job, stepford wife." Waiting for someone is showing deference to them, so they refuse to ever be on the receiving end of this. It's where the idea of being "fashionably late" came from.

AITA wife/mother wants a roomba after 4 day spa vacay.

quote:

My wife an mother of 2 boys under 5 wants a roomba. She is currently a stay-at-home mom due to lack of childcare facilities after recently moving. This is temporary until the autumn, we hope. I work an average of 50 hours a week including a minimum of 1-2 saturdays a month to make up for the current shortfall in income.

She just got home from a 4 day vacay with two girlfriends to the spa which she paid for with her own money (money the government sends her monthly for the kids). Her friends also chipped in for her as she couldnt afford it on her own. The two boys have been at grandmas for the 4 days while i worked, including the saturday.

She comes home and exclaims how hard it is to keep the house clean, and that she would like to buy a roomba and expects me to pay for at least half because "its for the house, and not specifically for her." She views it like buying a dishwasher.

I was glad for her to go away on a trip after covid and being at home alone with the kids for months on end. She needed a break. But i resent her asking for me to chip in on a robot to vacuum the floors when she is at home all day and we are currently on a tight budget that requires me working loads of over time. I told her she should save for that instead of spa get-aways if thats where her priorities are.

She struggles with being a stay-at-home mom and is more used to being a working professional. However i still feel its reasonable to expect someone to keep the house tidy if the other partner is out working 200 hours a month while commuting 45 mins each way. Am I the rear end in a top hat? I know kids are messy and its a lot... but drat, so is my job and i just go out and do it because it needs to happen if we want to keep our home.

Edit: We are going to look at getting an economy version of a roomba, but id like to add: we live in a small 3 story town house. She only wants the roomba for the main floor where the kitchen is. So we will be purchasing a robotic vacuum so it can clean only 1/3 of the house.

TL;DR

Stay-at-home wife spends money on self-care vacay and then wants me to help pay for a luxury appliance.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 22, 2022

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Defiance Industries posted:

I haven't talked to her in more than a decade but we are friended on Facebook. She married a woman and this lady has TWO watches on in their profile pic together!

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

I can't believe no one's posted it yet, but watch fetishism is 100% a real thing, and thefplus has a very funny episode about it.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Oh god my dad is like this.

Without exaggeration, the only foods he’ll eat are as follows (my sister and I sat up making the list one time and it is complete):

Roast beef, pizza, steak, burgers, spaghetti, chicken tenders, “tacos” (taco meat with cheese and Doritos), turkey.

And a couple sides but no vegetables except salads, which he added in the last few years.

It’s crazy. He orders off the kids menu everywhere we go out if it isn’t a steakhouse. So he and my mom only go to steakhouses.

He’s in shockingly good health.

My friend's parents went to visit us when we lived in Korea.

His dad brought his own set of collapsible forks/knives/spoons that he carried with him in a holster so he could deploy them in restaurants in case they only had chopsticks. He also carried a few cans of tuna and other such stuff that he would open and eat in a restaurant so he didn't have to try the bizarre and exotic food like barbecue pork or grilled bacon or ... fried chicken.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Invisible Clergy posted:

what the gently caress? Buy her the roomba! Put googly eyes on it and a bow. gently caress you

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mr. Grapes! posted:

I haven't talked to her in more than a decade but we are friended on Facebook. She married a woman and this lady has TWO watches on in their profile pic together!

Watch out!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

I've known a few people who are chronically late and I find it to be the most alien loving thing in the world. I'm really uncomfortable being late for anything because you're wasting other people's time, what kind of rear end in a top hat does that and the idea that someone wouldn't understand this or be acutely driven not to do it is just bizarre. I can't even try to get inside their heads to understand it; there's a level of disregard for other people that feels incomprehensible.

With my own schedule I'm garbage. No sense of time, I can waste an entire day happily doing nothing. But the moment you add other people into the mix I do whatever contortions are needed to not keep anyone waiting.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Mr. Grapes! posted:

My very first girlfriend was mostly attracted to me for my watch. It was pretty stylish. She would compliment it more than me. She'd get annoyed if it wasn't visible in photos people took of us together. She'd contort her body around and move my arm to make sure the watch was prominently displayed.

how can you not tell us the watch info? :orks:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Mr. Grapes! posted:

She wouldn't hook up with me if I wasn't wearing it.

If that brand's ad agency ever found out, they'd run a "this watch fucks" campaign.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
AITA for not talking during a comedy show?

quote:

In November of 2021, I (24, female) told my friend (22, female) that I wanted to see John Mulaney perform standup in December of 2021 (it was his last show in Los Angeles), so she invited herself and I purchased 2 tickets (she paid for her own ticket).

During John Mulaney's performance, my friend would often audibly laugh out loud and she would even look over to me for approval. I just sat there, and directed my attention towards Mulaney. I found her quite annoying and I didn't want to be rude, so I leaned in and told her to "just enjoy the show" hoping she would take a hint but this didn't stop her and it went on for the entire show, which lasted for 2 hours.

It's important that I note she invited herself because she did not know of John Mulaney very well. She had never seen any of his standup material and/or interviews. A little back story about my friend: she's not from LA (she's from Ventura which is outside of LA), we actually met online through school and we would often text each other and had never hung out irl. I genuinely think she invited herself to seek some sort of validation from me because who the heck makes smalltalk during a very expensive comedy show?

After this encounter, she stopped frequently texting me so I stopped trying to communicate with her and now we don't text at all. Before the show, I even took her out to eat. I don't think I said anything rude or did anything wrong prior to the show. Personally, as someone who was born and bred in Los Angeles, I think everyone here is an egomaniac and I truly do think she was looking for someone to validate her but instead I think I might have hurt her ego. So, am I the rear end in a top hat for ignoring her during a comedy show that I was looking forward to?

EDIT:

One of John's bits was about his intervention, quite like what he said in this interview with Seth Meyers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRIjAXVIIhY&ab_channel=LateNightwithSethMeyers). After we were leaving the show, she asked me if I knew the comedians he mentioned. As a consumer of media and pop culture, I said yes. The whole thing just frustrates me because she invited herself to the show. I did not ask her to come with me. I only expressed interest in going to an in-city show.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
beep boop why female laugh at comedy

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Picturing OP sitting completely silent and impassive at the Laugh Factory, occasionally nodding once to acknowledge a particularly good punchline

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Picturing OP sitting completely silent and impassive at the Laugh Factory, occasionally nodding once to acknowledge a particularly good punchline

If you include 'a slight frown on his face' then this would be me.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
as a consumer of media and pop culture, i

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

moonmazed posted:

beep boop why female laugh at comedy

Op was also a woman

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Comedy should be appreciated, not enjoyed

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I have read this more than once and she never says the other person is TALKING during the show, just... laughing and maybe looking to see if she was enjoying the show she mentioned specifically wanting to go to? And paid for her own ticket?

Looking it up, OP is 5000x more insufferable in the comments, where they FINALLY clarify that the friend was also making comments. This person expresses this in such a douchebag way that I'm still gonna say they're the singular rear end in a top hat here.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Invisible Clergy posted:

Is there a response that communicates "everyone is stressed out here"? This just feels like a brutal response to capitalism - mom has to stay home because it's more economical than working, feels overtaxed doing all the cleaning and childcare (fair) while dad has to work more than is reasonable making enough money to keep the house and feels overtaxed (fair), and there just isn't enough time or money to go around.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Op was also a woman

Yeah but this is the /r/relationships thread, you can’t expect anyone to actually read posts.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Bargearse posted:

Yeah but this is the /r/relationships thread, you can’t expect anyone to actually read posts.

eat my whole rear end

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

moonmazed posted:

eat my whole rear end

Rude.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

nashona posted:

how can you not tell us the watch info? :orks:

I..... don't know!

It was German and made of titanium and I knew absolutely nothing about watches (and still don't!) though I suppose it was a Good One because:

- People would comment on it
- It got me laid so that was nice
- My dad got incredibly furious that I lost it sledding so I had to spend the whole night with a flashlight just digging through snow hoping to find a watch that slipped off me somewhere on a mountain

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

AKA Pseudonym posted:

quote:

she's not from LA (she's from Ventura which is outside of LA)

May as well be on another planet, really

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

This person is wild for thinking laughing during a stand up show is inappropriate. But I used to have a friend who insisted that you were expected to talk during comedy shows. She insisted that all stand up is supposed to be background noise like a jukebox at a bar. I only went to one show with her, but apparently she would try to have full conversations about her day and what movie she just watched whether she were at a small club watching amateurs or a nicer venue watching someone like Mulaney.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

moonmazed posted:

eat my whole rear end

It must be hard to post while illiterate

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

That wouldn't work at all. They both want their partner to be the one wearing the watch. They couldn't be more incompatible.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Mr. Grapes! posted:

I'm pretty sure she just stole your watch.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

My (24f) boyfriend (35m) got irrationally angry because I progressed in a video game without him.

quote:

We've been together for about a year now.

This seems to happen with any game we play. For example, we play a mobile game called Hearthstone, specifically the battleground mode where there are 8 opponents and it cycles through them making you fight each opponent until there's 1 left. When we play together he normally does better than me and even kills me sometimes. Which is fine since his teams are way better.

A couple days ago we were playing and I made a really good deck/team, when it came time for us to play against eachother, I won but didn't kill him. This made him extremely angry. He yelled at me saying I should have done something to make my team less strong. He started swearing saying his rating will suffer. And then he hangs up the phone (we don't live together) and gives me the silent treatment until he's calm again. I have started literally deleting parts of my team to ensure he wins now.

He also does a similar thing when we play world of warcraft together. I bought the newest expansion and waited to open it for months until he got his PC cause he wanted to play with me. We decide to level together, but once I accidently started a quest without him thinking he was also doing it. When he asked me what I was doing, I told him. He again yelled, sweared at me and told me I was a terrible person for going ahead of him. I told him it was a mistake. But he hangs up on discord and ignores me instead. I cried so much that day because I couldn't understand why hed treat me like that over something so insignificant.

However, when he's calm he wants everything to go back to normal. He has no issue going ahead of me in games and will do stuff without me given the opportunity but I never complain cause its a just a game, but when I do it, he threatens to leave me.

Now the worst was yesterday. A few days ago we hung out with his friend, Matt and Matt's wife. Matt also plays the game so he added us both. We play together and Matt joins us while we all talk on discord. Matt is way ahead of us and his character is a lot stronger, which means he can run us through difficult quests/dungeons. He offers his help and runs us through some.

While we're all talking my boyfriend goes ahead of me, doing quests and dungeons without me. My characters progress lags behind a little. He ends up having to leave because he was going out with his friends. I asked him if I could continue playing and catch up to him and he said yes, as long as I'm not too ahead of him. I also ask him if its okay that Matt and I talk and if Matt could help me through some things. He says okay.

Now while my boyfriend was gone, Matt's telling me all about how to progress to the next stuff in the game and helps me catch up. I tell him I dont want to get too ahead but he told me he'd also help my boyfriend do the same part tomorrow and that I won't be ahead. I also know my boyfriend hates it when I die in game and Matt was way more patient so I thought I was saving him the trouble.

Today my boyfriend asks me where im at and I tell him. He starts getting angry, he called me a jerk and told me he wants to leave me. I explained its not a big thing and that Matt would help him through it. But then he replies with stuff like "I dont need his help" when earlier he said he did. I offered to log on and help him, but he said im of no use and that I die too easily. He messaged me things like "im so loving mad at you" and "stop trying to explain this to spin your narrative, now im mad at Matt because of you". He played without me today and took breaks to message me about how im problematic and selfish. And that he never wants to play anything with me again. He's said this so many times before and I've told him if that'll keep us from fighting im okay with that - but when he's calm he pressures me into playing with him anyway.

I have spent the entire second half of the day trying to calm the situation but it seemed to get worse and worse. He told me I need to fix this and that's the only way he'll continue this relationship. But when I ask him how since I can't undo it, he says its not for him to figure out. After I stop replying to him he says things like "oh its not all your fault" and "im sorry im part of the blame too" but then switches back to angry so quickly.

When someone you love is angry at you, you can tell they're just angry. But when he's angry at me, everything he does and says, including his expressions, becomes hateful. Like he despises me. Its the weirdest thing and is also very scary. I generally either cry or shut down. And then after a few hours he might start acting like my boyfriend again.

I just dont understand. This happens so often its emotionally draining and I've had conversations about it - they just don't work. He gets so defensive no matter how politely and gently I bring it up. Please help

tl;dr - my (24f) boyfriend (35m) gets irrationally angry and threatens to leave me if I progress faster in a game without him or beat him in a game.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Mx. posted:

My (24f) boyfriend (35m) got irrationally angry because I progressed in a video game without him.

Please help

Dump him.
No.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Silly Newbie posted:

Is there a response that communicates "everyone is stressed out here"? This just feels like a brutal response to capitalism - mom has to stay home because it's more economical than working, feels overtaxed doing all the cleaning and childcare (fair) while dad has to work more than is reasonable making enough money to keep the house and feels overtaxed (fair), and there just isn't enough time or money to go around.

NAH for "no assholes here" is the response intended for such situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mx. posted:

Your boyfriend had 11 years to level himself up but he's still behind you.