Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Crystal prices dipped below 500 gold on US West. Think I'll be set on Aura for a long time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Khorne posted:

Feiton is long at ~2hrs but the only two mildly annoying things are the tower and the stealth mission. It's not annoying because it's stealth, it's almost impossible to fail if you stand in the corner near the bed or exit and let the dog walk by, but it's annoying because it takes a long chunk of time.

Rohendal has a bunch of annoying, long instanced stuff and it has npcs that can only be interacted with by 1 person in a 30s window in a shared channel. It gives significantly fewer rewards than the t2/t3 stuff too. Those things combine to make it one I'm less interested in doing. I haven't timed rohendal but it's likely shorter than feiton.

I like rohendal, yorn, feiton, and punika. Yorn is sort of my favorite except it also has at least two annoying parts like feiton. Punika is surprisingly short to run through again which is nice. I'm not convinced I can survive doing 1-50 + vern again. I'm not sure why there's a 9 character limit on 1-50 knowledge transfer in our version but it has me getting a bit antsy because I want to save those for new classes but at the same time I want to get a 2nd bard and maybe 2nd gunlancer.

Yorn is just one endless quest where you talk to 1 npc, move 2 inches to talk to a 2nd npc whos replying to the 1st, then you go back to the 1st npc to hear what he has to say after the 2nd npc has spoken, and so on because the game cant handle npcs having a conversation. Seriously they do this about 10 times in the zone its incredibly obnoxious and tedious.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Hyper Inferno posted:

Crystal prices dipped below 500 gold on US West. Think I'll be set on Aura for a long time now.
There's a 220k crystal buy wall at 600 on NA east. I picked up around 6k crystals at 601-620g this morning. Past 48 hours it never dipped below ~720 and peaked at 800.

I have a buy order up at 580 but I'm not expecting it to get filled.

DurosKlav posted:

Yorn is just one endless quest where you talk to 1 npc, move 2 inches to talk to a 2nd npc whos replying to the 1st, then you go back to the 1st npc to hear what he has to say after the 2nd npc has spoken, and so on because the game cant handle npcs having a conversation. Seriously they do this about 10 times in the zone its incredibly obnoxious and tedious.
By the umars! I mash g while looking at my second monitor most of the time. At least on alts. On my main I mashed g while reading everything.

My favorite yorn characters are in the first 5 minutes. That's probably why it bothers me the least. It really sets the mood. The yorner who says something about "lazy" gets me every time.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 21, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Got to item level 1345 this morning. :toot: had some good luck with honing, even though the chance is 30%. I spent 65,000 gold over the weekend to help myself get to this point. Also don't forget that this Thursday is another new event that will drop a lot of new honing materials.

What's the new event?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

joepinetree posted:

I used it on my pistoleer deadeye, and then realized that while it looks really cool it hits like a paper towel. So I was trying to boost a sorceress and realized I couldn't do the knowledge transfer for rohendel again.

Pistoleer is actually really solid, but its more that you never have to stop moving or position yourself to rear end to deeps

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

What's the new event?

Event Guardians, a daily roster wide guardian fight(or fights?) that gives currency to buy honing mats from a new vendor. Lasts for a month, can be done at 250+ and is scaled so your gear level doesn't matter.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Cinara posted:

and is scaled so your gear level doesn't matter.

Having played FFXIV to see it in action, would sure be nice to have this in more content.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cinara posted:

Event Guardians, a daily roster wide guardian fight(or fights?) that gives currency to buy honing mats from a new vendor. Lasts for a month, can be done at 250+ and is scaled so your gear level doesn't matter.

The guardians will also apparently be easier for this event?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Can't say I felt this game needed more dailies to do

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

I said come in! posted:

The guardians will also apparently be easier for this event?

Yea, they said "In this event, you can enjoy Guardian Raids in a more casual way."

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

yeti friend posted:

Can't say I felt this game needed more dailies to do

Gotta make people spend even more time on the grind. At least the grand prix event guarantees you get something for your time, even if the scheduling is terrible and it's an unpleasant game mode.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The entire point of these events is to make people spend LESS time on the grind because they are far more efficient in rewards:time than anything else in the game.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Yeah, I've gotten a bunch of easy honing materials and engraving books out of this event so far largely doing things I'm already doing. If all the events are as generous as this they can load me the heck up with events

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

The consensus seems to be that the newer T3 guardians are a lot more fun, and less of a dick punch so hopefully this event one is more like those.

I don’t mind dailies as long as they’re fun and not “spend 10 minutes traveling to press G near 5 villagers”

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SkyeAuroline posted:

Gotta make people spend even more time on the grind. At least the grand prix event guarantees you get something for your time, even if the scheduling is terrible and it's an unpleasant game mode.

It's pretty funny the first time at least. After that it's like..ah, is this really worth 700~ tokens? Prolly not.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If you play more than 2 alts you'll have tons of extra event currency and have no reason to run the race at all.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I got Eibern's Wound today and it's nice having a ship that can go through level 3 Dead Waters and have normal resistance.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

Hefty posted:

I don’t mind dailies as long as they’re fun and not “spend 10 minutes traveling to press G near 5 villagers”
Real glad I have the Peyto Island Soul now for this reason in particular.

That daily sucked.

I'm in Tier 3 now and sitting at 1330; so far the Guardian and Abyss dungeon have been very pleasant to run comparative to Tier 2 stuff so that's good.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I've run into a situation and was wondering if there's something obvious I'm missing.

I hit level 50, and have been working through the Vern quests. I've now hit a point where all plot progression (and all of the dailies etc) require me to have 250 gearscore, which I've got from drops for everything except my hat. I can't seem to have any luck getting one to drop, there's nothing on the AH below 302 (and you need 250 GS to buy those auctions).

Is there somewhere that I can just, like, buy a 250 hat? Or am I doomed to run around mapping looking for elites until I get lucky?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Go do Shushire, once you complete it you get a full set of 302 armor.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Khorne posted:

There's a 220k crystal buy wall at 600 on NA east. I picked up around 6k crystals at 601-620g this morning. Past 48 hours it never dipped below ~720 and peaked at 800.

I have a buy order up at 580 but I'm not expecting it to get filled.
i am over on us east ladon and am currently looking at 500 gold for blue crystals. really wishing i had sold more skins while gold was inflated.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

iTrust posted:

That daily sucked.
I set three bifrosts on an alt for it.

Then at the end you only need one because it transforms into a dance & sway daily.

cams posted:

i am over on us east ladon and am currently looking at 500 gold for blue crystals. really wishing i had sold more skins while gold was inflated.
Yeah, it collapsed again tonight. All of NA East shares the crystal market. I stocked up yesterday so won't be buying.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I need to get better at making gold in T3, I've bought a lot of the bloodstones this week so I can't afford any more of the Great Honor Leapstones but from smashing my face into honing over and over again my gold supply is basically gone now.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Cinara posted:

If you play more than 2 alts you'll have tons of extra event currency and have no reason to run the race at all.

I’m pretty sure they confirmed that more honing materials will be available on the Grand Prix event vendor starting on Thursday, so having extra currency banked might be handy.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Spuckuk posted:

Pistoleer is actually really solid, but its more that you never have to stop moving or position yourself to rear end to deeps

Pistoleer also does plenty of damage, but you do have to nail down the build very well before it will. I changed to Pistoleer Deadeye as my main because it's so drat fun and I have 0 regrets.

SkyeAuroline posted:

You have to set it up in your book of coordination I believe, just like you do for PvP. So you get a set number of points you can assign to any of your stats and everyone gets the same amount of points. You also get to choose 3 engravings to use and they are maxed out for you at +15.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

deathbagel posted:

You have to set it up in your book of coordination I believe, just like you do for PvP. So you get a set number of points you can assign to any of your stats and everyone gets the same amount of points. You also get to choose 3 engravings to use and they are maxed out for you at +15.

That’s awesome — I’ll finally get to try lvl3 blessed aura, awakening, expert.

I know this is extremely _not that game_ but I wish more content had an equalized mode as an option.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

deathbagel posted:

Pistoleer also does plenty of damage, but you do have to nail down the build very well before it will. I changed to Pistoleer Deadeye as my main because it's so drat fun and I have 0 regrets.

That's cool, I'm doing the weapon swapping Deadeye atm and he's fun but holy poo poo so squishy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does the PvP rewards vendor go live this Thursday?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Also, if you have the Plat Founder's Pack skin, Deadeye absolutely has the best outfit!

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Hyper Inferno posted:

I got Eibern's Wound today and it's nice having a ship that can go through level 3 Dead Waters and have normal resistance.

I also got Eibern's Wound yesterday as well.

Also I finished the Astray dailies and ran off to buy the 300k pirate coin quest. Warning! You need to get Blackfang to trusted. No reason to buy this unless you have the rapport (and charisma/courage) for Blackfang. Don't be like me. At least I didn't really have much to spend pirate coins on right now and the event gives you quite a lot of them.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
While not totally unexpected, hitting ilevel 600 to open up Yorn, and then having to complete the entirety of the world quest in Yorn to open the new abyss dungeon tier is still veeeeery annoying.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Don’t worry that never changes going up to the next few tiers!

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Feiton and Punika feel much shorter than Rohendal and Yorn at least.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Hefty posted:

The consensus seems to be that the newer T3 guardians are a lot more fun, and less of a dick punch so hopefully this event one is more like those.

A stack of 50 instant-complete tokens is 1100 blue crystals in store, so like 7 k max. Absolute best buy from the store other than the Aura.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm spending my skips on Tookie now because gently caress that poo poo.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

I'm spending my skips on Tookie now because gently caress that poo poo.
Scumbag tip: show up 2 minutes before the island spawns, sail to it, then set a timer for 7 minutes after you arrive at the king's spot. He'll spawn at 7 minutes after you set it 9/10 times. And the other 1/10 it will be slightly later.

You only need to tag the king to get Una credit. It's also a great thing to do if you're work from home because you don't have to pay attention.

I only did this 3-4 times on days where I didn't have much time, but it worked. The other times I would clear 1-2 portals. I've found skipping one portal is good for your sanity.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 22, 2022

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Khorne posted:

Scumbag tip: show up 2 minutes before the island spawns, sail to it, then set a timer for 7 minutes after you arrive at the king's spot. He'll spawn at 7 minutes after you set it 9/10 times. And the other 1/10 it will be slightly later.

You only need to tag the king to get Una credit. It's also a great thing to do if you're work from home because you don't have to pay attention.

Tooki island happens to be a good place to farming relics I found while the island is up.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I almost have fishing to level 20 just from the 4 minutes of fishing time I have on Tooki each day. This is not an endorsement of Tooki island

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
> where tooki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
So people keep asking for parties for the short timed events for contribution credit and I think I've started to piece together how these events work.

Overall credit for the event is solely determined by speed of completion. This is the bronze to platinum grade that pops up at the end of the quest. So for things like Pull it Together sailing quest, or the bug killing quest on Azure Island, or the various emote quests that pop up in cities, the final grade is determined by how fast it was completed. Several quests don't require total completion to still get bronze for the quest timing out. This means that for this purpose, partying is unnecessary to receive credit for these events. Getting enough credit to be eligible for rewards is indicated by the number of trophy pips that light up in the quest window and its usually pretty simple to max out at three pips.

However, several quests do reward partying. For example, the Catching Jellyfish sailing mission has you shooting jellyfish with your ship. If you get credit for a kill on a jellyfish, it drops a coin box for you (1 coin for green, 6 coins for purple). This credit is shared among the party so being in a party of 4 potentially quadruples your coin box rewards for this quest. It's really not that much considering how little coins are in each box, but it doesn't take much to party up either.