Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

gay picnic defence posted:

I have seen a lot of mentions of those anti ship missiles but it's not clear if there's any in actual serviceable condition. I also have not seen what sort of fire control is required for them to hit their targets or even if a land based launch system is available for them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neptune_(cruise_missile)

They're originally land-based, but there's conflicting information on whether Ukrainians have any batteries operational.

fnox posted:

This is by the same guy that wrote the article that they pulled before. I wonder how widespread that idea of restoring the USSR under Putin actually is. It sounds like complete nonsense.

It's rather common, I'm afaird. In particular, with people 55+ or so (those who were fully formed adults by the time USSR fell).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

8000 calories is beyond excessive, that is obesity-tier territory. In my gym freak days I was doing maybe 3500-4000 at most.

iirc Hafthor Bjornsson is like 7k calories a day

Not anymore, he slimmed down a lot for his boxing match against Hall and won convincingly. When he was eating that many calories and was big but he also had a lot of health issues ( ped's) as well. So 8k calories.. maybe if you are walking to the north pole not for anyone else.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I told my wife about all the calories talk and she responded with a Russian joke.
I laughed for a good two minutes after reading this. :sun:

Aircraft chat:
Does anyone have a source for the number of sorties Russia is running per day, by day since February 24th? The last I saw is they were averaging ~300 sorties/day, though it wasn't steady. UA MOD reported 9 Russian aircraft downed yesterday. If those numbers are "typical" that's a 3% loss ratio. That means if I'm a Russian airman, I have a 3% chance of not coming home every time I take off. Those are really bad odds. Like, worse than infantry kind of odds. I may be over-extrapolating, though.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Cinci - thanks for editing my post, I was already asleep by the time you responded.

Time for some updates

In other news - Russians dickwaving during the Cold Response NATO training
https://twitter.com/BarentsNews/status/1506225203893972992?s=20&t=GfZpgvH6y4JPbiSP8hzTfQ

Reportedly the General of the 6th army was fired - yet to be seen if he kills himself with a shot to the back of the head
https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPR/status/1506231719229157380?s=20&t=GfZpgvH6y4JPbiSP8hzTfQ

Nexta link but it's reporting the words of Odesa's spokesperson - apparently the commander in charge of the Mariupol offensive has been identified by Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1506206539060858887?s=20&t=GfZpgvH6y4JPbiSP8hzTfQ
If he survives this war I expect he'll be sleeping with one eye open for the rest of his life

Ukrainian propoganda may be getting through - reportedly a Russian soldier defected and turned over a tank
https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1506210173366452232?s=20&t=GfZpgvH6y4JPbiSP8hzTfQ
According to other reports on this he got 10k USD and will qualify for Ukrainian citizenship post-war

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

KitConstantine posted:

Nexta link but it's reporting the words of Odesa's spokesperson - apparently the commander in charge of the Mariupol offensive has been identified by Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1506206539060858887?s=20&t=GfZpgvH6y4JPbiSP8hzTfQ
If he survives this war I expect he'll be sleeping with one eye open for the rest of his life

Look, I don't want to derail, but is this guy sitting in a chair made for giants or something?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I told my wife about all the calories talk and she responded with a Russian joke.
Machine translation:
2 generals are talking, Russian and American.
Russian general:
- A Russian soldier has three meals a day, and as a result receives 2,000 kcal per day.
American General:
- Our soldier receives 4,000 kcal per day!
Russian general:
- You're lying, NATO muzzle, a soldier cannot eat two sacks of Swedish turnips.

That gave me a good giggle. :cheersbird:

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sally Sprodgkin posted:

Look, I don't want to derail, but is this guy sitting in a chair made for giants or something?

With Putin's table and this chair, NATO is really losing the huge furniture race.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

KitConstantine posted:

Cinci - thanks for editing my post, I was already asleep by the time you responded.

Time for some updates

https://mobile.twitter.com/EuromaidanPR/status/1506231719229157380

Hmm...missing. Usually when you read the history of a battle or campaign "missing" is used when tallying casualties, as in killed, wounded, captured or missing. While it depends on the circumstances of the battle or campaign, the great majority of those missing are usually assumed dead rather than deserters.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Gervasius posted:

With Putin's table and this chair, NATO is really losing the huge furniture race.

are we though

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Sally Sprodgkin posted:

Yeah he’s weird looking even for a war criminal. Little withered arms and some kind of false head going on.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

bad_fmr posted:

Yeah I have no experience in actual combat, only in military excercises. In those conditions, even in winter in freezing conditions we usually could not eat all of the stuff in those rations every day. However I am sure that we were running on negative calories, so in the long run that would probably change. The availability of clean water was in our experience much more critical than the calories content in rations.

Palatability and clean water are key issues, and it's why the US military has stuck with hydrated rations for their updated MREs. Backpacking food can be water-free because you can generally plan ahead on water, have time to prepare it, and can pick out stuff you're willing to eat. But that sort of stuff really isn't guaranteed, particularly in an expeditionary context.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

bad_fmr posted:

The availability of clean water was in our experience much more critical than the calories content in rations.

Which also begs the question, are the Russians shipping in water or just hoping to find clean supplies as they go? If you're going by 3-4 liters a day, that adds up fast.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

KitConstantine posted:

Time for some updates

In other news - Russians dickwaving during the Cold Response NATO training
https://twitter.com/BarentsNews/status/1506225203893972992?s=20&t=GfZpgvH6y4JPbiSP8hzTfQ

Reportedly the General of the 6th army was fired - yet to be seen if he kills himself with a shot to the back of the head
https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPR/status/1506231719229157380?s=20&t=GfZpgvH6y4JPbiSP8hzTfQ

my view is even if this guy loving wins the battle and comes home a hero. he will probably catch a bullet. most of the hero generals from checnya are dead now usualy from out and out murder or "circumstances".

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 22, 2022

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sally Sprodgkin posted:

I think it’s just a Nathan For You bit.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

KitConstantine posted:

Time for some updates

According to other reports on this he got 10k USD and will qualify for Ukrainian citizenship post-war

Hopefully any family would also be eligible to apply as well. I can't Imagine how bad the parents, siblings, etc of deserters will be treated.

Sending out sms blasts with instructions to surrender is really smart though, drat.

This is pretty loving grim, though.
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2022/mar/22/i-will-not-be-held-prisoner-the-trans-women-turned-back-at-ukraines-borders
hopefully they're all able to escape soon :( really hosed

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I've asked Koos Group to make a statement of their own about moderation, C-SPAM, etcetera, but in the meantime you can hopefully do with mine.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am sorry, but how is that allowed. This poo poo is basically cheering on loving war crimes both past and current. If this shits ok, how are we any different then /pol/.

gay picnic defence posted:

Yikes, the forums might as well be 4chan if that poo poo is allowed to slide.

Staluigi posted:

Can we ban more genocide encouragers from the thread even before they prove to be this ultradense? It shouldn't even be cinci's job to have to come back to this thread and wade through the nightmare that results, and a trickle brigade isn't helping

Sir John Falstaff posted:

I'm not one of the people who has typically spent a lot of time complaining about this, but this isn't 4chan, and the average poster is probably in their 30s--we don't need ~*edgy*~ posting. I have a friend living in one of those cities that Judakel has ("ironically" or not) repeatedly called to be "flattened." gently caress Jeffrey, gently caress C-SPAM, and gently caress the mods and admins who have allowed this to go on.
As far as D&D goes, Koos Group has decided that any position is permissible, so long as it articulated properly. Which means that yes, the only reasons you could try to claim some purported moral superiority of SA over, e.g., 8chan, is that the rules don't allow quite any slurs, or inciting violence.

I think it's perfectly fine to be dissatisfied with this state of affairs, but my thread is not an appropriate medium for discussing site-wide moderation topics.

steinrokkan posted:

There is a war and there are people cheering for it, ruining the space. Stop pretending this isn't relevant.

eke out posted:

Yeah, the real difference at this point is that GBS mods recognize the issue and mostly try to shutdown nonstop dogpiling when someone wanders in to poo poo up the thread, so there's actually some self-regulation as bad posters are chased out, often requiring no mod action at all because the thread moves quickly enough. Meanwhile DND mods attempt to punish literally any mention whatsoever that someone might be making GBS threads up the thread (even if they're literally crossposting in a cspam thread laughing about how they're making GBS threads up the thread).

The former approach isn't perfect, but it's workable. The latter requires this idiotic debate game where everyone, including the mods here, know what the deal is, but they're required to pretend they're not playing it, because the one boss that matters has decided this is how it shall be.
This thread is about Russo-Ukrainian war, not about C-SPAM's continuum of opinions on something. I don't care that you want to make some comparative argument - it's been repeatedly proven that in this thread we cannot have those conversations in a constructive manner, and that all that happens is bunch of meltdowns that I then must mop up in the morning. If this poo poo continues, I'll ask for a mod badge simply so that I can start giving 24 hour probations for people who cannot take a hint and move on.

Concerned Citizen posted:

I don't mind judakel posting in here because this thread is basically always at serious risk of becoming an extreme echo chamber. He quite frankly is getting dunked on itt because he is posting dumb poo poo like "kyiv is starving" even though it is obviously not remotely true, but that is just because he's wrong. I think he literally believes that. You're allowed to be wrong. Almost everyone itt has been wrong at some point including and maybe especially me. If he posts stuff in here he knows is wrong to get a reaction, sure, gently caress off and ban him forever. But if people are just mad he's poo poo posting in c-spam, that isn't worth a thread derail about jeffrey.
Is it really at a risk of becoming an extreme echo chamber, or are you just being pissy about your individual posts being frequently met with with scorn and ridicule, because your posting brand is a borderline concern trolling contrarian? Respectfully, I'm making one of the more charitable possible reads of your posting history ITT taken stock of.

Telsa Cola posted:

Actually, it owns that the moderation decisions in both DnD and GBS are theoretically supposed to help defuse tension between them and CSPAM but are imo constantly causing more and more tension and also getting the local posters pissed at their moderation.
I wouldn't say that it "owns" per se, since I'm forced to janitor all of this. To quote some wise goons:

Xarn posted:

Public Service Announcement: there is an ignore list finction, and apart from iks, mods and admins, you can ignore anyone. And I mean anyone, even repeat shitposters, no matter where they hail from.

Please use this function responsibly and stop making this thread go to poo poo during european off hours, tia.

Fuligin posted:

shut the gently caress up about cspam theres a goddamn war on and this is supposed to be the thread for it

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
If the expectation is that the Ignore function is supposed to replace moderation, then the field should be expanded because with all the reregs it quickly maxes out.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here. This is the war thread!

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

You have a hard job here and I think you do it well

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neptune_(cruise_missile)

They're originally land-based, but there's conflicting information on whether Ukrainians have any batteries operational.

It's rather common, I'm afaird. In particular, with people 55+ or so (those who were fully formed adults by the time USSR fell).

Makes me wonder if Putin decided his hard on for war was finally worth acting on and he is specifically trying to (or *was*, before this clusterfuck) kick off a continental war, so that he - in his aggrandized and overblown opinion of himself and his state apparatus’ competency- can prey on the broken participants who are now super vulnerable to empire-absorption. Thus fulfilling his apparent desire to rebuild a Russian Empire 2.0

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Further news out of Russia

In addition to Navalny receiving an additional 9 years his defense lawyers were detained post-sentencing
https://twitter.com/Reevellp/status/1506259637217243141?s=20&t=GfZpgvH6y4JPbiSP8hzTfQ
The depletion of the Russian commercial air fleet continues as countries have repossessed additional planes from Russia
https://twitter.com/aaron_schwa/status/1506258625991516168?s=20&t=GfZpgvH6y4JPbiSP8hzTfQ
Russia expanded their anti-criticism law to apply to any action of Russian entities
https://twitter.com/b_judah/status/1506248684035620873?s=20&t=GfZpgvH6y4JPbiSP8hzTfQ
Article: https://meduza.io/news/2022/03/22/g...-srok-do-15-let

Pretty expansive definition.

edit: the lawyers have now been released
https://twitter.com/Reevellp/status/1506268918339543052?s=20&t=U4odTQrxQB2zioSE47SJbw

KitConstantine fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 22, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lmao at anyone who believed any of those letters were real

https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1506181620079861760?t=V_vA1b93bndq3sCzkwnivQ&s=19

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

Rockker posted:

With the all the videos from this war of both sides using drones to scope locations out (just saw a video supposedly of Russia tracking an MLRS back to the gym that got shelled), how exactly are recon drones to be neutralized on a battlefield? Are they just not picked up by radar? Seems like any side should assume that they are basically always going to be under real-time surveillance and under the threat of getting shelled from afar.

This is something I'm interested in. A lot of radars specifically notch out low and slow object "clutter" and the drones fall into this clutter. Even if a radar device is physically capable of detecting the drone the return/doppler is algorithmically filtered by the radars computer.

Removing this notch means you're now susceptible to a lot of noise sources including birds, tree leaves moving, plastic bags blowing in the wind, clouds of dust, etc.

Small observation drones are very difficult to detect!

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Slightly uplifting - despite official neutrality and heavy pressure from the Russian government Azerbaijan is providing aid to Ukraine. They've also offered to mediate between Russia and Ukraine
https://twitter.com/EuropeanPravda/status/1506264331847090177?s=20&t=U4odTQrxQB2zioSE47SJbw
Article: https://www.eurointegration.com.ua/experts/2022/03/22/7136409/

Machine translated excerpt:

quote:

It is significant that on February 26 Azerbaijan sent the first planes to Ukraine with humanitarian aid, first of all with medicines. As of today, six planes with a cargo weight of over 500 tons have been sent. In addition, the Azerbaijani network of gas stations SOCAR provides free fuel for Ukrainian doctors and rescuers.
:unsmith:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

celewign posted:

This is something I'm interested in. A lot of radars specifically notch out low and slow object "clutter" and the drones fall into this clutter. Even if a radar device is physically capable of detecting the drone the return/doppler is algorithmically filtered by the radars computer.

Removing this notch means you're now susceptible to a lot of noise sources including birds, tree leaves moving, plastic bags blowing in the wind, clouds of dust, etc.

big drones are more immediately dangerous, because they can be carrying weapons. small drones are more difficult to detect, and the only thing they could be doing is spying on you, and the modern battlefield is full of devices that can spy on you. its also tough to do anything about a small drone once you detect it

it would be nice to have some way to spot and shoot down little observation drones but the amount of effort involved is too high for the payoff

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Sanford posted:

Yeah he’s weird looking even for a war criminal. Little withered arms and some kind of false head going on.

Probably on a diet of less than 8000 calories.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Lmao

just posting about how my bois in the security services are tryna do a coup, surely this wont get them all killed

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

I mean if there were actually a “large scale FSB mutiny” because the letters weren’t acted upon, then lol at the FSB for thinking the fake FSB letters were real then?

PS. I see no evidence that this is actually happening. Not yet anyway.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/LaborwaveCCCP/status/1505988627498774530

After Russian speaking citizens, it's now Roma people being tied on the middle of the street and beaten.

"now" being in giant quotes of course https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2018/11/23/attacked-and-abandoned-ukraines-forgotten-roma

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
None of the things in the letters I "leaked" actually happened and nobody of any importance is paying attention to them... which means the next one is definitely real guys, please listen!!!!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

celewign posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see America training eagles or some other predatory birds to hunt drones, eventually.

Wait, how are we at 11th letter already? There was 5th just days ago, and it was already going completely off rails. This is more and more looking like an unofficial r/WritingPrompts thing.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Wait, how are we at 11th letter already? There was 5th just days ago, and it was already going completely off rails. This is more and more looking like an unofficial r/WritingPrompts thing.

It's like Qanon for boring people at this point.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Разговаривают 2 генерала, российский и американский.
Российский генерал:
— Российский солдат имеет трехразовое питание, и в результате получает 2.000 Ккал в день.
Американский генерал:
— А наш солдат получает 4.000 Ккал в день!
Российский генерал:
— Врешь, НАТОвская морда, не может солдат съесть два мешка брюквы.

Machine translation:
2 generals are talking, Russian and American.
Russian general:
- A Russian soldier has three meals a day, and as a result receives 2,000 kcal per day.
American General:
- Our soldier receives 4,000 kcal per day!
Russian general:
- You're lying, NATO muzzle, a soldier cannot eat two sacks of Swedish turnips.

She’s a keeper. :laffo:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I've asked Koos Group to make a statement of their own about moderation, C-SPAM, etcetera, but in the meantime you can hopefully do with mine.

As far as D&D goes, Koos Group has decided that any position is permissible, so long as it articulated properly. Which means that yes, the only reasons you could try to claim some purported moral superiority of SA over, e.g., 8chan, is that the rules don't allow quite any slurs, or inciting violence.

I think it's perfectly fine to be dissatisfied with this state of affairs, but my thread is not an appropriate medium for discussing site-wide moderation topics.

Mods' dedication to acting like C-SPAM Brain isn't a problem in D&D, or if it is you should wait for [Appropriate Feedback Thread That Arrives Far Too Late and Is Taken Over by the Inmates], is not surprising at this point. Similarly, moderators deciding that everything is permissible and they won't get involved is exactly what led to the chans we know and love today.

This isn't anything new though, the politics moderation has been steadily laying this groundwork for years.

Most of the issues with the politics forums could have been solved by a small number of bans years ago and still could today, but admins decided bans were cruel and moderators/IKs should be subjected to harassment campaigns over PMs and god knows what else, leading to a revolving door of moderators burning out while being unable or unwilling to offer solutions to simple problems.

I would say that the admins will only wake up when the environment in C-SPAM starts producing mass shooters, but that's already happened and the admins did nothing. Rest assured when the time for recriminations and blame-gaming arrives, no one did the best they could and people did see it coming.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Is it really at a risk of becoming an extreme echo chamber, or are you just being pissy about your individual posts being frequently met with with scorn and ridicule, because your posting brand is a borderline concern trolling contrarian? Respectfully, I'm making one of the more charitable possible reads of your posting history ITT taken stock of.

No need to snipe at me. It's at risk of being an extreme echo chamber because almost every regular poster in here agrees with each other in here on nearly everything, which is evident by reading the thread. I was only sharing my view that it is nice to have differing views in this thread as long as it isn't just literal trolling. I'm not really that concerned about your views on my posting brand and I'm not even bashing your moderating, overall I think it's pretty good considering the challenges.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Ynglaur posted:

We could really use an IFV platform which could use its autocannon against fast movers and swap out ATGMs with Stingers easily. We could also really use a missile platform between Stingers and Patriots, maybe by repurposing something the Navy uses for air defense. It's not my specialty at all, but I'll bet the West re-thinks some of its ground-based anti-air doctrine and assets coming out of this.

I've seen EU and US arms manufacturers prototyping truck mounted anti-air and drone systems.

Rheinmetal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb5_F4_Eod8

I've seen a variant of the ship-mounted Phalanx CIWS on a truck. But I can't find anything on it now. It was mentioned in this thread though. (Hundreds of pages ago.)

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Zelensky spoke to the Italian Parliament today. Italian media has been hot and cold on Ukraine, but this is a pretty unambiguous statement of support.
https://twitter.com/StratcomCentre/status/1506270377370128393?s=20&t=WXaGpPmJwkq3YiorMc17rw

Some excerpts of the speech and confirmation that the above report is accurate: https://www.vaticannews.va/it/mondo/news/2022-03/discorso-zelensky-ucraina-parlamento-italiano.html

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

RBA-Wintrow posted:

I've seen a variant of the ship-mounted Phalanx CIWS on a truck. But I can't find anything on it now. It was mentioned in this thread though. (Hundreds of pages ago.)

This is already in use, its how they do anti-missile defense in Iraq.

psycho with a gun
Sep 30, 2021

by Pragmatica

cinci zoo sniper posted:

This thread is about Russo-Ukrainian war, not about C-SPAM's continuum of opinions on something. I don't care that you want to make some comparative argument - it's been repeatedly proven that in this thread we cannot have those conversations in a constructive manner, and that all that happens is bunch of meltdowns that I then must mop up in the morning. If this poo poo continues, I'll ask for a mod badge simply so that I can start giving 24 hour probations for people who cannot take a hint and move on.

I wouldn't say that it "owns" per se, since I'm forced to janitor all of this. To quote some wise goons:

bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Mans posted:

https://twitter.com/LaborwaveCCCP/status/1505988627498774530

After Russian speaking citizens, it's now Roma people being tied on the middle of the street and beaten.

"now" being in giant quotes of course https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2018/11/23/attacked-and-abandoned-ukraines-forgotten-roma

Here's the same thing from a BILD reporter if the Twitter source is bad.

https://twitter.com/bjoernstritzel/status/1506261463643656193?t=yQCf6BzdvyIXEj9xzIFgpg&s=19

Pretty awful way to treat people, even in wartime.