Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I just found this and want to subscribe to their newsletter.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I would enjoy it to be the opposite of what you'd expect too.

A Yautja ship suffers a mechanical failure and is forced to make a landing for repairs on a lush forest world. The crew settles in for the night before effecting repairs. As the darkness falls, strange small shapes appear in the trees and the master hunters find themselves locked in a pitched fight for their own survival.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Sash! posted:

A Yautja ship suffers a mechanical failure and is forced to make a landing for repairs on a lush forest world. The crew settles in for the night before effecting repairs. As the darkness falls, strange small shapes appear in the trees and the master hunters find themselves locked in a pitched fight for their own survival.

This was basically a mode in the last Battlefront game and it was pretty cool.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

shades of eternity posted:

Hmm, the Ewoks nearly beat the empire. So if the ewoks can beat the Predators then we can state that Ewoks > Predator=Empire

Seriously though, I would actually think they could be a cool addition.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

fartknocker posted:

This was basically a mode in the last Battlefront game and it was pretty cool.

The only good thing about that game.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It was also a mode in the original Battlefront 2.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Reflect upon your Ewok sky, millennials

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

shades of eternity posted:

I thinking more about Alien/Ewoks.

Aliens take characteristics from whatever host they burst from. So would we have have three feet tall, furry xenomorphs?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Aliens take characteristics from whatever host they burst from. So would we have have three feet tall, furry xenomorphs?

Something between a runner and what we know as the standard xenomorph :getin:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Davros1 posted:

drat now I want to see all the Xenomorph varieties we could get from the Star Wars universe. Sarlacc Xeno? Hutt Xeno? Rancor Xeno? Zillo beast Xeno?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lothcat Xeno.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Davros1 posted:

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Clearly there are more than that to aim for:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Sash! posted:

I think an implication of the Ewoks cartoon is that a ridiculous amount of ships end up crashing on Endor so that there's all these weird randos hanging around that the Ewoks have to fight (and maybe eat).

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Worse, the Pred is won over by the power of song and friendship. :D

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Slashrat posted:

God-drat I really want that in my Star Wars.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think an implication of the Ewoks cartoon is that a ridiculous amount of ships end up crashing on Endor so that there's all these weird randos hanging around that the Ewoks have to fight (and maybe eat).

Yeah, Placemat Lore had Endor near a black hole that conveniently sucked up all the Death Star debris, and also turned the place into the Star Wars equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Slashrat posted:

Darth Zen Omorph

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Darth Alienis.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I finally got around to watching episode 3 (Or Grogu learns about the circle of life) and 4 (Or let's set the plot in motion) of season 2 of the Mandalorian.

Both episodes have been wonderful. For me either near or at the level of those first 2 episodes of this season.

Grogu eternally putting things in his mouth hasn't gotten old yet and having other things put Grogu in their mouths is a fun turn around. I especially like how at the end, with Grogu watching the baby frog, you can't help but wonder whether he's wondering when he's going to eat it or whether he actually likes it like an older brother.

The way the relationship between Grogu and Mando is developing is so nice to see. :kimchi: The red and blue wire discussion made me chuckle.
"No, I have enough pets." :unsmith:

Episode 4 meanwhile is more straightforward action and infiltration and I loved it. Though I did miss John Williams in the big chase sequence.
I loved the dumb shout outs to the lack or railings on the precariously placed generator controls.
I was kinda down on the way the Cara was introduced in season 1, but I've really grown to love her. I just love the sheer physicality she brings to this. She's not some skinny girl who can kick your rear end because magical martial arts. Nope, she's a loving tank who looks like she's going to kick rear end anytime she's on the screen. It's unfortunate that apparently she's been aborted or something? I'm kinda hazy on the details but apparently she said something dumb.

I'd say there's one thing that's starting to nag me though. It feels a little like it's pretending the galaxy is huge?
Mando keeps coming back to the same 3-5 people and 1-2 planets. It's not enough to stop me from enjoying it, but his search feels a little like asking the neighbours and then going back home when they didn't know anything.
Same with the X-Wing Pilot from episode 2 showing up at the end on the exact same planet to ask questions.

You know what brings me much more delight than it has any right of doing. It's those dumb red and white big push buttons everywhere. I have no idea why, but those big black consoles dotted with rows of bright red and white buttons just make me giddy. Maybe it's my inner child and how Starwars Empire those consoles look. Or maybe the satisfying click those things make. Or just the bright contrast, but it just makes me smile when I see another set of rows of very pushable looking buttons.

I hope I can watch the next episodes soon. Though I'm not exactly looking forward to meeting Ahsoka.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Darth TNT posted:

Episode 4 meanwhile is more straightforward action and infiltration and I loved it. Though I did miss John Williams in the big chase sequence.
I loved the dumb shout outs to the lack or railings on the precariously placed generator controls.
I was kinda down on the way the Cara was introduced in season 1, but I've really grown to love her. I just love the sheer physicality she brings to this. She's not some skinny girl who can kick your rear end because magical martial arts. Nope, she's a loving tank who looks like she's going to kick rear end anytime she's on the screen. It's unfortunate that apparently she's been aborted or something? I'm kinda hazy on the details but apparently she said something dumb.

She made multiple anti-mask (at the height of the pandemic), anti-vax (once vaccines became available), anti-trans comments despite her co-stars (Pedro Pascal especially) begging her to shut up. Eventually she made herself toxic enough that Disney cut her loose. I recall suggesting at the time "maybe she was taken out of content or didn't really mean it" and other things white people say when other other white people they like say bigoted poo poo. But nope, she wasn't taken out of content and she totally meant it. So she scuttled her chance at big fame/fortune to... I dunno maybe appear with Kevin Sorbo or Kirk Cameron in some God's Corpse Totally Doesn't Stink Because Jesus's Cop-Firefighter Says So movie

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
She made this post then Disney cancelled her.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Anita Dickinme posted:

And FYI the all-important context here is that she's stating that people being mean to anti-mask/anti-vax/anti-trans people is just like what Jews suffered during the Holocaust.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
She's a loving Pizza-gater... we can find better role models and actors.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Her character was awful. And I mean that in both senses of the word "character."

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Carano had the opportunity to defuse the situation and certainly seemed like she was moving in that direction after talking about it with Pedro.

And then she chose to mock the "post your pronouns in Twitter" thing. If she didn't want to stay silent on the issue, she could've had an honest discussion about where she was coming from and what she believed, but she chose to be a shitheel and punched down instead.

Acting like she was the one being persecuted just poured gasoline on the fire.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
She wasn't much of an actor anyway and it was crazy they looked to be on the path of making her a star of her own show.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I liked the character and I hope they can find a decent replacement.

She was critical to one of my favorite scenes too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Anita Dickinme posted:

I mean, that's not the only post she made, but yeah, that was one of them.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

She was a good physical actress and the character was cool.

She couldn't deliver dialogue to save her life (there's a reason they gave her almost no lines in Deadpool) and absolutely could not stop herself from screaming stupid bigoted opinions despite repeatedly being asked to shut the gently caress up, so yeah, she won't be missed. Ben Shapiro and Dinesh D'Souza can simp for her and put her in their movies nobody watches.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

thrawn527 posted:

I mean, that's not the only post she made, but yeah, that was one of them.

IIRC, that was the last big one in early 2021 that made Disney publicly say she was gone.

I think it’s also worth noting that this wasn’t just like a bad night or something where she said a bunch of dumb poo poo in a short period, these posts were done over several months and apparently she was told by the powers that be at Disney to knock it off a few times. Supposedly, their original announcement of that Rangers of the New Republic show at their big stock meeting thing (Where they also announced Kenobi, Visions, Bad Batch, and a bunch of other stuff) was going to heavily feature her, but that got toned down based on whatever comments she had made around that time as they started hedging their bets on making her the focal point of anything.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

fartknocker posted:

IIRC, that was the last big one in early 2021 that made Disney publicly say she was gone.

I think it’s also worth noting that this wasn’t just like a bad night or something where she said a bunch of dumb poo poo in a short period, these posts were done over several months and apparently she was told by the powers that be at Disney to knock it off a few times. Supposedly, their original announcement of that Rangers of the New Republic show at their big stock meeting thing (Where they also announced Kenobi, Visions, Bad Batch, and a bunch of other stuff) was going to heavily feature her, but that got toned down based on whatever comments she had made around that time as they started hedging their bets on making her the focal point of anything.

Yeah, it kills me to see someone throw fortune and fame away because they couldn't hire a media person to run their twitter... or JUST DON'T POST jfc!

She would have been one of the new "Disney Princesses" in a years time.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 24, 2022

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Really that's the important takeaway from this: She wasn't a victim of "cancel culture" or treated unfairly in the heat of the moment because of triggered snowflakes or social justice or whatever dumbass narrative that conservatives try to create. She repeatedly and intentionally took steps to show that she's an ignorant hateful bigot and thought that was more important than a lifelong check from Disney.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

poo poo, I'm really conservative and I was like lady shut up and cash your paycheck before they take your show away.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Sash! posted:

poo poo, I'm really conservative and I was like lady shut up and cash your paycheck before they take your show away.

Avatar + Post combo. I'm reading it in Cotton's voice.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I am an outspoken Twitter leftist doing constant posting praxis, and if I got Star Wars money to Star in a Star War I would hand over every social media account to people I pay to post the most anodyne poo poo about how much I enjoy being in a Star war and be happier for it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah because you don't have brain disease called conservatism

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Owlbear Camus posted:

I am an outspoken Twitter leftist doing constant posting praxis, and if I got Star Wars money to Star in a Star War I would hand over every social media account to people I pay to post the most anodyne poo poo about how much I enjoy being in a Star war and be happier for it.

You could be a Loth-Jorts

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah because you don't have brain disease called conservatism

It's not the same thing. Carano and her ilk aren't conservatives. They're what used to be known as "yellow-dog Democrats" back when the South was the "Solid South" for Democrats. They were called such because after the Civil War, they'd vote for a yellow(cowardly) dog if he was a Democrat than any Republican. They were a pack of bigoted shitheels then and they still are.

In the 50s and 60s the Democratic party moved somewhat Left and embraced causes like Civil Rights, Johnson's Great Society,. Women's Liberation, legal abortion, etc. That got women and minorities voting for the Democrats. In the wake of the rise of the "Christian Right" the GOP decided to make a play for the "Solid South." And it worked. Reagan got two terms. Bush Sr. got one, but the South became pretty solidly GOP. The Yellow Dogs found themselves stuck with the GOP because anything the Democrats wanted would automatically be worse. It worked pretty well for the GOP until Trump came along. Because in Trump, the Yellow Dogs finally elected one of their (pig-ignorant, bigoted) own to the White House. And we saw how that turned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Taking a quick look at her Twitter she’s still fully on the right wing grift train. gently caress her.