Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

:monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Wow, Vorte can grow extra eyes. What a useful guy.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

By popular demand posted:

Hey in the last panel Vorte has both eyes AND a flying eye.

I hope someone got fired for that blunder

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

some plague rats posted:

Monster's character design really wanders on and off model, I'm noticing

Her current design has some transitional elements, so at first I just thought she looked weird to me because it's different than her normal look later on. Now that I'm looking, yeah, there is some unevenness there.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Foxfire_ posted:

I hope someone got fired for that blunder

Is Jymre alive? Lost track

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Posting 5 today for pacing reasons, also some of the comics are getting short. Also in retrospect I should've ended the last post with Anette getting got

Hitmen for Destiny #569: The 18th last strip

========================

Hitmen for Destiny #570: The 17th last strip

========================

Hitmen for Destiny #571: The 16th last strip

========================

Hitmen for Destiny #572: The 15th last strip

========================

Hitmen for Destiny #573: The 14th last strip

Bodycount: 234 235
+Anette

I just skipped forward like 500 pages to skip past this comic run.

It's ongoing I see.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

go back and read it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Nazattack posted:

It's ongoing I see.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Nazattack posted:

It's ongoing I see.

Almost everyone who hated it at first ended up loving it, you should go back and read it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nazattack posted:

It's ongoing I see.

You should read it, it's really good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

Is Jymre alive? Lost track

Bianca punched him into submission but he's very much alive.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

You should read it, it's really good

Credit to Lostclock, frankly.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I think the art improves a lot over the series, too.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Nazattack posted:

It's ongoing I see.

why would you ignore the best comic posted in this thread (maybe excepting pinocchio)

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto Part 1: Silver Lining
Chapter 5: Who Run Bugsytown?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

Almost everyone who hated it at first ended up loving it, you should go back and read it.

I really really hated it from the very beginning up until yesterday when I read a few of the pages posted here and ended up bingeing through the entire thing last night. It's extremely good and I wish I didn't immediately ignore it because ugly colours and lines

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ten Earth Shattering Blows

You can't just assume that everyone with a mask knows each other! Apparently "Monster" got her gladiator name for her virulent anti-Vezenian racism.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's because she's a fan of Charlize Theron.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

Ten Earth Shattering Blows

You can't just assume that everyone with a mask knows each other! Apparently "Monster" got her gladiator name for her virulent anti-Vezenian racism.

I particularly appreciated this guy

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
drat scyther didn't have to go out like that

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

I literally stopped reading the thread till I could put Son of Thunderbeast on ignore. Its the only way the thread is readable. I think a lot of folks didnt so much convert as just shut up.

I tried with Thorsby, but the art is so bad and offputting its unpleasant to look at. I had the same sort of reaction to Achewood at first, but got over it, Achewoods art style is weird and minimalist, but Thorsby's is grotesque.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
This is Attorney at Law from Ryoko's Terrarium in Drawer.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Perestroika posted:

I particularly appreciated this guy

He's like a heraldic animal

Squidster posted:

This is Attorney at Law from Ryoko's Terrarium in Drawer.

Out of nowhere Finnish product placement!
And gently caress you lady, salmiakki is great.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I literally stopped reading the thread till I could put Son of Thunderbeast on ignore. Its the only way the thread is readable. I think a lot of folks didnt so much convert as just shut up.

I tried with Thorsby, but the art is so bad and offputting its unpleasant to look at. I had the same sort of reaction to Achewood at first, but got over it, Achewoods art style is weird and minimalist, but Thorsby's is grotesque.

youre bad and offputting

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

i find thorsby's art appealing in its rarity and a testament that nothing should stand in the way of an author working in any medium

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I gave HfD a go, but it never really clicked with me. I can understand why people like it due to its cleverness and detail though.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Don't be a cop, Val

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kennel posted:

Don't be a cop, Val

Val's literally a bounty hunter, I thought.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

No it really is just you.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Peanut Butler posted:

i find thorsby's art appealing in its rarity and a testament that nothing should stand in the way of an author working in any medium

Thorsby's art being what it is, I find HfD interesting for how the art started out especially rough but by the end he has a set of visual conventions that work well for what he's trying to accomplish. Despite the amateurish look of the art itself there are little tweaks, like the way he thickened the line art of the characters, getting better at avoiding tangents, slightly less garish color choices, standardized easily-readable poses for actions like running, things like that. Not necessarily beautiful, but functional. After a certain point his pacing and sense of conveyance are always solid, which is something a lot of webcomics struggle to nail down. It's not a style that's everyone's cup of tea but I think it suits his idiosyncratic ideas.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

incredible cowardice in using the ignore function in the comics thread. by scrolling rapidly through the anime and lurid monstrosities it makes the other comics better when you come across them, like diamonds in the rough

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

No it really is just you.

It's not, I hate it as well but this is absolutely on point

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

incredible cowardice in using the ignore function in the comics thread. by scrolling rapidly through the anime and lurid monstrosities it makes the other comics better when you come across them, like diamonds in the rough

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

some plague rats posted:

It's not, I hate it as well but this is absolutely on point

Nope, using the ignore function is fine, and the people who whine about other people using it are poo poo. Especially when it comes to garishly-colored, ugly crap like HfD.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

They could have a valid reason why it's too hard to scroll past 3 timgd strips a day, like crippling thumb or scroll-wheel-finger arthritis.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I didn't pay :10bux: for this account to NOT tell people about things I don't like, goddammit

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Ignore option is great, because I can use it on anyone who disrespects my man Thorsby.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Elviscat posted:

They could have a valid reason why it's too hard to scroll past 3 timgd strips a day, like crippling thumb or scroll-wheel-finger arthritis.

To stream-line your web experience and block the ugly parts of the internet, take your device and smash it on the floor, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i ignore people who brag about using ignore