Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

You do have to wonder how much Maximum Fun is slinging them for staying on that network. Not to say their hey day is behind them, but lord knows when Adventure Zone was really cooking they have to have slapped down other options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The World Inferno posted:

You do have to wonder how much Maximum Fun is slinging them for staying on that network. Not to say their hey day is behind them, but lord knows when Adventure Zone was really cooking they have to have slapped down other options.

MaxFun donations go 25% to the network and the rest to the shows the donor selects, so they make an amount vaguely proportional to how many listeners they have.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Presumably Maxfun only gets a cut off the podcast stuff and not the books or tv stuff.

speaking of books was a 5th(?) TAZ comic ever confirmed? usually they'd have mentioned preorders a few times by now

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Sankis posted:

Presumably Maxfun only gets a cut off the podcast stuff and not the books or tv stuff.

speaking of books was a 5th(?) TAZ comic ever confirmed? usually they'd have mentioned preorders a few times by now

The publisher has it listed but no cover: https://us.macmillan.com/series/theadventurezone

Amazon, Target, and other sites list a February 2023 release date. Looks like it's taking longer or they are spending longer on it instead of the usual annual schedule.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Clint writes those doesn't he? Wonder if he just took some time to do his grandpa book and the schedule got pushed back.

...what the heck is that grandpa book about, anyway?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

External Organs posted:

...what the heck is that grandpa book about, anyway?

Stories from the front lines of the war with grandpa

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

The Forever War with Grandpa

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hamburger Hill with Grandpa

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It’s Edge of Tomorrow but with grandpa

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

William Shatner's TekWar with Grandpa

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The horse scene is a stellar point of comparison between TAZ and Rude Tales

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm not sure what I laughed at more: Clint's horse investigation or Travis becoming a perfect cube.

Griffin should have made Clint roll deception on the second horse pooping story.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This week's money zone taught me how I could eat Justin's rear end

Yep!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Shinjobi posted:

This week's money zone taught me how I could eat Justin's rear end

Yep!

At home!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Lmao the recent sawbones. Sydnee no joke thinks Cuba uses energy based attacks to torment low ranking american officials.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Sydnee Smirl-McElroy considers „2 year old child yelling in a stopped car and stopping when the light’s no longer red” is a valid proof of Havana Syndrome. I guess it comes with running for office

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
yeah it's extremely cringe and when they did the first episode on it Justin at least seemed to recognize that it was bullshit but in the addendums this more recent time around that seems to have been dropped.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

goblin week posted:

Lmao the recent sawbones. Sydnee no joke thinks Cuba uses energy based attacks to torment low ranking american officials.

oh no.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I took more that she was reinforcing that there are lasting physiological effects even from mass psychogenic events.

The anxiety you gave yourself over the sky falling doesn't mean the anxiety isn't real.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

goblin week posted:

I skipped it because I listened to it the first time and it felt like they came down on the "this might be something but there's not really any solid evidence that its more than just a psychosomatic thing", did she really go all in on it being real in the new one?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Havana Syndrome just feels like anime becoming real

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Wasabi the J posted:

I took more that she was reinforcing that there are lasting physiological effects even from mass psychogenic events.

The anxiety you gave yourself over the sky falling doesn't mean the anxiety isn't real.
this is exactly what it is and what she was strongly implying it was (because there isn't sufficient evidence that that's what it is), functional neurological disorders and other psychogenic poo poo have real symptoms affecting people, they're just not caused by mind-rays or whatever the gently caress

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Yeah, I didn't get any sense that she was saying it was real, just "here's some more information, we still don't really know what's going on"

I don't think Sydnee would go so far as to say "this is fake" because her complete devotion to the scientific method means she can't.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't listened to the new episode on Havana Syndrome yet, but I did listen to the first one. My impression is that Sydnee is very much against saying to a patient "no, actually you don't feel that way, you don't know what you're talking about" and I think she's being careful not to be dismissive of the patient's complaints. They actually experienced the effects they described, they weren't being babies or weak-minded or whatever, and Sydnee doesn't want to insinuate as much through her phrasing. None of that means that she actually believes that there are actually politically-motivated sonic attacks in hotels and embassies or whatever the gently caress.

Again, haven't heard the episode, but I find it very hard to believe she just suddenly "believes in it" now. I'll have to listen for myself I guess

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTd5rkaG5/?k=1

Edit: What’s the trick to get these to embed?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Warbird posted:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTd5rkaG5/?k=1

Edit: What’s the trick to get these to embed?

I don't know if it's maybe different on mobile or from in the app, but I was able to get it to work using the "copy link" share option and letting SA convert it to the video tag.
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7056228846395247919

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Piell posted:

I skipped it because I listened to it the first time and it felt like they came down on the "this might be something but there's not really any solid evidence that its more than just a psychosomatic thing", did she really go all in on it being real in the new one?

Well, okay. It's less that she says it's real but she did switch to calling each case an "attack", and the episode is very much a "Based on CIA information, which is 100% true because why would they lie" sort of thing

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

goblin week posted:

Well, okay. It's less that she says it's real but she did switch to calling each case an "attack", and the episode is very much a "Based on CIA information, which is 100% true because why would they lie" sort of thing

I think that’s just vernacular. Like “panic attack” or “anxiety attack”, “heart attack”, etc.

I’ve heard stuff like Koro and Fan Death referred to as coming on in an “attack” too

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ok Comboomer posted:

I think that’s just vernacular. Like “panic attack” or “anxiety attack”, “heart attack”, etc.

I’ve heard stuff like Koro and Fan Death referred to as coming on in an “attack” too

attacks are sudden onset symptoms, the Havana syndrome lie is that it's a chronic illness.

I just don't trust anyone who even gives credulity to the 'well they sure THINK there's something wrong' element beyond 'this is mass hysteria'. It's impossible to divorce the Havana poo poo from the extreme political elements. It's such a uniquely political 'disease' it's impossible to pretend it deserves any attention deeper than 'this is fake, the people in charge are gassing up hysterical hypochondriacs who think their hangover is a James Bond plot'.

Like, even poo poo like Morgellons is at least genuine mental illness that weird conspiracy people have latched onto, this is the opposite of that.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Petition to rename thread McElroy Syndrome Deniers

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think it’s a big risk to make statements that are vouching for people who are essentially propagating a weird political fiction. Are those old white ladies who clearly are having panic attacks and call the police on black folks minding their own business real sufferers too? The effects are real? The cause is just rooted in their broken rear end brain.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

I think it’s a big risk to make statements that are vouching for people who are essentially propagating a weird political fiction. Are those old white ladies who clearly are having panic attacks and call the police on black folks minding their own business real sufferers too? The effects are real? The cause is just rooted in their broken rear end brain.
Yes, if someone is having an actual panic attack, that's absolutely a clinical problem that needs to be dealt with, even if it's being triggered by the person being a horrible racist. The point is exactly that it's in their broken-rear end brain and that doesn't make the person's reported experiences any less real to them.

This is correct:

timp posted:

I haven't listened to the new episode on Havana Syndrome yet, but I did listen to the first one. My impression is that Sydnee is very much against saying to a patient "no, actually you don't feel that way, you don't know what you're talking about" and I think she's being careful not to be dismissive of the patient's complaints. They actually experienced the effects they described, they weren't being babies or weak-minded or whatever, and Sydnee doesn't want to insinuate as much through her phrasing. None of that means that she actually believes that there are actually politically-motivated sonic attacks in hotels and embassies or whatever the gently caress.

Again, haven't heard the episode, but I find it very hard to believe she just suddenly "believes in it" now. I'll have to listen for myself I guess

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

We're discussing an old podcast discussion without any hot takes when the newest one has her saying the CDC hasn't approved of a 4th COVID shot, so that means that you don't need one. (Also, we should all be doing the simple things we know help fight the pandemic: get vaccinated, wear masks, avoid large indoor crowds, buy tickets to our live shows.)

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 23, 2022

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
well they are big into Liz Warren—

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Griffin confirmed Elden Ring Monster Factory on his Trial by Fieri stream

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

We're discussing an old podcast discussion without any hot takes when the newest one has her saying the CDC hasn't approved of a 4th COVID shot, so that means that you don't need one. (Also, we should all be doing the simple things we know help fight the pandemic: get vaccinated, wear masks, avoid large indoor crowds, buy tickets to our live shows.)
Are you just trolling at this point

Her words were "you don't need a 4th vaccine right this minute" because the studies she read said that it takes about 6 months for immunity to wane and most people got their last booster less than 6 months ago, and the EUA for a 4th dose hasn't gone through yet so you can't get one, and to expect that we can get our 4th ones soon.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Party Boat posted:

I've been vindicated, eat it doubters

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm gonna eat it. I want to munch.:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Party Boat posted:

https://youtu.be/vIs2iHX1Mz4?t=360

6 minutes in if people want to hear his words. He says it will be out soon.