Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Groke posted:

How anyone could not already have been aware of the rasputitsa phenomenon before this stupid war even started is beyond me, but then not everyone is a history nerd/map gamer.

(How the loving RUSSIAN ARMY could just up and drive straight into it is... well... Georgy Zhukov is clearly rolling around in his grave.)

I had never heard of the rasputitsa phenomenon before you posted, but I had heard of "Dirt roads becoming impossible to drive on in spring and fall". What's all the more impressive is that you would think Putin of all people would be aware of how the roads are in Russia and Ukraine. Did they have an unusually light snowfall this year or something that would justify trying the invasion now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
This is the same guy who draws those colorful, twisted caricatures of women as evil shrill harpies because they have abortions or whatever. He went through a mock “liberal phase” and did several “serious” comics about the dangers of the right wing.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Randalor posted:

I had never heard of the rasputitsa phenomenon before you posted, but I had heard of "Dirt roads becoming impossible to drive on in spring and fall".

It is certainly a pretty central fact in any history of the eastern front of WW2, which you'd think the Russian Army would know about. JFC, did they neglect institutional knowledge, or what?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
They genuinely thought they could win before the roads turned into bottomless bogs.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

They genuinely thought they could win before the roads turned into bottomless bogs.

And if they hadn’t deferred to China’s Olympics, they could have started weeks earlier.

Rudicron
Oct 30, 2013

It's Lunchtime!

Get yourself a hotdog!

You know who else thought they could win before the roads turned into bottomless bogs?

That's right, Napoleon.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

the sex ghost posted:

Don't remember zelenskiy being a 400lb human cube but I haven't been following the news

That's the mayor of Kyiv and he's more of a human rectangle.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Rudicron posted:

You know who else thought they could win before the roads turned into bottomless bogs?

That's right, Napoleon.

Oh speaking of which

I am extremely bothered by the use of an American quote and French costuming in this one. Pick a metaphor and stick to it!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's the mayor of Kyiv and he's more of a human rectangle.

He's labeled Zelensky.

This says things about both you and Ramirez :colbert:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

wizzardstaff posted:

This is the same guy who draws those colorful, twisted caricatures of women as evil shrill harpies because they have abortions or whatever.
Do you have the slightest idea how little that narrows it down?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

He's labeled Zelensky.

This says things about both you and Ramirez :colbert:

I was just making a cheap joke about Vitali Klitschko without even thinking about that Ramirez cartoon.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Lol, fair

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Gen. Ripper posted:

Do you have the slightest idea how little that narrows it down?

He draws poo poo like this, mostly:

Just posted the other one because I know people here love 9/11 metaphors.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
That guy is exceptionally good at drawing "EVIL FUCKERS :twisted: vs. innocent victims :ohdear:" which happens also to be the plot of every one of his comics

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Procrastine posted:

Oh it's that guy.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Dude is absolutely incapable of drawing a comic where a woman isn't either DASGDC or scared and completely helpless.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Sometimes both.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Procrastine posted:

oh please, her garden's much bigger than that.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Did he really have a faux-liberal phase? I mostly just remember him getting some traction online, in mostly left spaces, from a comic making fun of Joe Biden's 'You Ain't Black' remark, only to find out afterwards that he's a chud.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Skios posted:

Did he really have a faux-liberal phase? I mostly just remember him getting some traction online, in mostly left spaces, from a comic making fun of Joe Biden's 'You Ain't Black' remark, only to find out afterwards that he's a chud.

No, the twin towers comic is making fun of liberals: "see this is what a liberal would draw aren't they so unhinged"

He was a right-wing shithead before and after the "you ain't black" cartoon, that was such a deranged and revealing thing for Biden to say that everyone dunked on it from across the spectrum (except for the center because they really do believe black people owe them their votes for nothing)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Dude gave Disco Elysium a try recently. Was initially hugely positive about it because it was intelligent and wordy, then got very mad because it had communism in it.

He is not a smart man.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It would be incredibly funny if he went down the fascist cop path by trying to play by his own political philosophy.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Somfin posted:

Dude gave Disco Elysium a try recently. Was initially hugely positive about it because it was intelligent and wordy, then got very mad because it had communism in it.

He is not a smart man.

Oh poo poo really?
Give us a link so I'd have something to look forward to after I get myself to finish the game.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson’s Brexit-Ukraine comparison – Fury after prime minister claims Ukraine’s fight is like Britain’s ditching of EU" After Albrecht Dürer.

Telegraph:

Chancellor considering plans to wipe out National Insurance rise for lowest paid workers

Matt:

Independent:

Deltacron and Stealth Omicron differences explained as Covid infections in UK surge again

Times:

Evening Standard:

‘Clear sign’ Putin is weighing up use of chemical weapons in Ukraine, says Biden

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

tfw you keep trying to defeat the russian army, but you're dummy thicc and the clap of your rear end cheeks keeps alerting putin

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

The interactions of players in an economy is complicated and results in benefits to those who need them in ways that aren't always clear cut. A good comic.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I want to edit the two halves of the obama at desk reading vs obama at desk w/two levers comic onto those two boards.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1500848494789148672?t=SjiPR69ayOwflXJYckpdhQ&s=19

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Obviously my brain isn't as massive as this Blower guy's, but it sure reads to me like the actual process on the left is "tax rises -> assorted beneficial programs -> more money in the end" which is actually a really simple mechanism, and then he drew the arrows all squiggly to make it seem complicated, but it's still a bunch of a -> b -> c lines.

It even follows that the flowchart on the right is garbage because it does not include the effects of abandoning these programs, which are evidently a major factor in any recipient's ultimate spending power, sos you'd have to be a total idiot to argue that tax cuts enrich anyone other than those already too rich to need any of these programs. It deserved to be abandoned.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australia announces new 'Space Command' defence agency (BBC)

Rowe:

Jimbo is Jim Chalmers the shadow treasurer who promised no austerity if Labor wins the election. The government is currently splashing cash around everywhere and will soon hold a budget before calling the election.

Knight:

Labor senator Kimberley Kitching remembered at funeral service after 'great shock and sadness' of her death aged 52 (ABC).

Wilcox:

Former Labor MP calls for Kitching inquiry as PM labels Albanese ‘gutless’ (SMH).

Lethbridge:

PM considers more Qld flooding funding (Canberra Times)

Downes:

After Norman Rockwel's The Gossips.

Spooner:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

WE WILL NOT COMPLY

Watching the news on TV used to make me angry enough, but lately I’ve had to avoid it nearly altogether. The constant banging of war drums. The blatant propaganda. The disgusting warmongering. It’s too much to take.

Congress and our politicians continue to shovel heaps of praise upon Ukrainian President Zelensky, who has been hard at work trying to get more support for his war against Russia. America has approved $13.6 billion to help Ukraine protect its borders. Remember when Congress didn’t want to give Trump a few million bucks to fund the wall at our own southern border? Why are our politicians so eager to help out a country that has traditionally been under Russian influence? Because Ukraine is a huge money laundering operation and feeding trough for them. It’s a way of rewarding the New World Order foot soldiers. Ukraine is known as one of the most corrupt countries on Earth. Ukraine is not a democracy and Zelensky is no heroic angel fighting for freedom. Expect the billions of dollars in taxpayer money to be siphoned off by his cronies as well as the children of our own corrupt politicians.

Speaking of the New World Order, Joe Biden has officially acknowledged it. Most of us have known its existence for quite some time, but Biden has made it official. The New World Order is no longer a conspiracy theory.

There’s going to be a new world order out there and we have to lead it," Biden said disclosing information he received from a top military official in a “secure meeting.”

Pedo Joe has announced it before, but the media paid no attention. Joe said he was a globalist, not a nationalist. Unlike Trump, Traitor Joe wasn’t about to put America first and it is certainly obvious now. Of course, he takes his marching orders from those globalists along with nearly everyone else in Congress, the security agencies, and in corporate media. The globalist cabal wanted us all to wear masks and get deadly injections known as ‘vaccines.’ Now that same cabal wants war. Let’s hope more of us wake up, wise up, and refuse to go along.

The common line used by the war cheerleaders is the United States is ‘losing face’ by not standing up to Putin. Losing face is no reason to risk World War Three. Besides, the US has long lost its face. We’ve lost it to the globalist bankers who have ruined our dollar. We lost it in Afghanistan when Biden saw to it we were humiliated in defeat. We lost it when the left stole the election and then forced their climate change bunk upon us, which drove up energy prices. The Satanic types at the top of the pyramid also want to force pedophilia on us as well as their destructive, unscientific notions that men can be women.

The country as we knew it is gone. The Deep State Swamp is in control and they in turn are controlled by a handful of incredibly wealthy families who want to run the world. They own the planet and they think there are too many of us on it. They wanted to cull us through vaccination. Apparently they now want us removed by war.

Let’s not cooperate.

— Ben Garrison

:airquote: his war against Russia :airquote:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Garrison channeling his inner school teacher by blaming the bullied kid for fighting back

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Raised By Birds posted:

Ukraine sure did drag the world into a battle by *checks notes* being attacked by Russia.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Raised By Birds posted:

Is there a reason that the flag is upside down?

Symbol of distress, Ben being a stupid fucker, or both?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

We must be wary of the cabal of oligarchs who want to take over the planet and remake the world order

...oh Putin-san I love the way you send your armies to conquer for glorious Russia and crush the weak corrupt resistance to your rule :swoon:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Raised By Birds posted:

That's not Zelensky, that's Bert Convy.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's not Zelensky, that's Bert Convy.

That is clearly 90's era Al Pacino.
Even the text volume modulation checks out.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
The earth dragged by its fingernails to go close the deal on the Glengarry leads.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Should the missiles fly, I pray that my last act before nuclear fire consumes me is hitting Submit Reply on my final post "lmao".