Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Devils Affricate posted:

Giving the player a plethora of options that fit naturally within the game world and lore that result in an organic, emergent change in difficulty is an inferior, outdated, and downright stupid approach compared to just adding a slider that reduces or increases enemy damage. Game design is my passion.

yeah but look out if you use the option that makes the game ez (such as using a shield) because we will chastise you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i wont :) u should enjoy games however you like

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

The Protagonist posted:

i wont :) u should enjoy games however you like

you sound really nice and fun to be around (not being sarcastic here)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

All games should have your ranking prominently displayed for all to see at all times. Not just poo poo like BRONZE 2 no I want the exact rank, none of this coddling nonsense.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 22, 2022

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Duck and Cover posted:

All games should have your ranking prominently displayed for all to see at all times. Not just poo poo like BRONZE 2 no I want the exact rank, none of this coddling nonsense.

I have 30 world records in OhShape and have sex 5 times a day, i have won video gaming

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
lol, i refuse to play Elden Ring just to spite all of you, in much the same way i refuse to ever watch Rick and Morty.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for letting us know, please keep us updated on your lack of progress

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

tango alpha delta posted:

lol, i refuse to play Elden Ring just to spite all of you, in much the same way i refuse to ever watch Rick and Morty.

I can respect this

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

fridge corn posted:

I can respect this

Same. Spite is a good motivator.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

As I said earlier I'm PICCCCKLEEE RIIICCCK.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

im gonna play it again after im done playing it again out of spite but also because it is very fun with so many ways to play :)

VVVV: for sure the greatest CRPG ever

The Protagonist fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 22, 2022

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Disco Elysium is the greatest game of all time.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Its great but it needs a difficulty slider for accessibility tbh

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhiDesgaj7s

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

QuarkJets posted:

idk just don't do those questlines, then? They're optional. Beat bosses however you want

Yeah that's what I do, but then I miss out on the questlines and their rewards. It's not a dealbreaker but it's a thing that sucks.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

the only thing that didn't work w/ DE for me on my first playthrough is my impulse was to try and play off that harry didn't have amnesia, but for a game with a great abundance of options that wasn't really one

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

I love Disco Elysium! It's the best RPG I've played on computer bar none. I wish more people appreciated it for what it is.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

the only thing that didn't work w/ DE for me on my first playthrough is my impulse was to try and play off that harry didn't have amnesia, but for a game with a great abundance of options that wasn't really one

You're not roleplaying what happened, you're roleplaying the person this happened to. It's a backstory. You're basically saying Nuh-Uh to "You met in a tavern".

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

if you really want to, it's possible to admit later that you were lying the whole time to bring your fake amnesia RP around iirc

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

im not saying i didn't want to play an amnesiac character, im saying i wanted to play a character pretending (mostly poorly no doubt) not to be amnesiac. much later pretending you weren't the whole time was a bit of that yeah

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I got gamepass, went through and added a bunch of games to try to my list.

There's over 100 games. Jesus. I can guarantee most are a "play for a day then ignore" thing, which is honestly loving awesome.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Shields in souls games aren't quite cheating, but they are cowardly. Magic is also cowardly.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Caesar Saladin posted:

Shields in souls games aren't quite cheating, but they are cowardly. Magic is also cowardly.

rolling away is cowardly actually

just take it

coward

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

What about melee magic hmmmM?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Vic posted:

rolling away is cowardly actually

just take it

coward

This is why I only forward or to the side

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tokyo ghost game looks like a fun on sale game. Ghostwire? Wandering around Tokyo could be fun.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Caesar Saladin posted:

And this is why Elden Ring isn’t a Souls game. The counterattack system means blocking with a shield totally has a risk associated, the risk being that your counterattack will either miss entirely or not have any impact on the overhead swing that is about to turn you into paste.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

same but disco elysium, also because there's absolutely nothing about it - visuals, gameplay, story - that sounds interesting

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

refusing to play a game to spite people is funny because nobody in the entire world cares if you play a particular video game

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

well you can endlessly post about not playing them here I guess

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

I got gamepass, went through and added a bunch of games to try to my list.

There's over 100 games. Jesus. I can guarantee most are a "play for a day then ignore" thing, which is honestly loving awesome.

There's 414 games on the PC gamepass, your standards are too low. Wait wait you play console games too? *shakes head* I'm so sorry.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Good soup! posted:

same but disco elysium, also because there's absolutely nothing about it - visuals, gameplay, story - that sounds interesting

can you name another game where you can spend a whole excruciating evening exorcising the swollen feet of a week old cadaver from some really sweet boots??

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Waltzing Along posted:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Caesar Saladin posted:

refusing to play a game to spite people is funny because nobody in the entire world cares if you play a particular video game

I care. I care a lot, b.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Vic posted:

I love Disco Elysium! It's the best RPG I've played on computer bar none. I wish more people appreciated it for what it is.

Just started playing this the other day; blew off endurance so I started with 1 HP. On first move I proceeded to reach for a light switch, critically miss, then die of a heart attack. 10/10 game unironically

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
been playing elden's rings, imagine breath of the wild but for adults and insanely good

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Literally A Person posted:

I care. I care a lot, b.

What race did you roll in Morrowind?

Unpopular opinion: I care more about Literally A Person's Morrowind experience than anything posted about Elden Ring.

Toptip: if you enchant or make a spell that's jump 100 for 5 secs, you can recreate the scrolls of Icarian Flight. But I recommend having slow fall or levitation handy for the landing

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

been playing elden's rings, imagine breath of the wild but for adults and insanely good

Sorry you just described Conan Exiles. Please make a more apt analogy.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Trollologist posted:

Sorry you just described Conan Exiles. Please make a more apt analogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsMuSgwRwW4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Trollologist posted:

What race did you roll in Morrowind?

Unpopular opinion: I care more about Literally A Person's Morrowind experience than anything posted about Elden Ring.

Toptip: if you enchant or make a spell that's jump 100 for 5 secs, you can recreate the scrolls of Icarian Flight. But I recommend having slow fall or levitation handy for the landing

Custom Class, Imperial. All based around the personality and endurance stats with longsword as my main melee since there are so many good ones scattered about.

I've maxed both personality and endurance and am now working on speed, agility, and strength.

Quite fun.