Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

If that woman is rich enough to afford one of those fancy cakes (probably with gold leaf or some such ostentatious poo poo) then she's clearly not hurt by inflation or gas prices either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
It's a very clever take on the original quote you see, because what if someone said "let them eat cake", but, and here's the wild new twist, what if cake was an expensive item

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

fool of sound posted:

Should the missiles fly, I pray that my last act before nuclear fire consumes me is hitting Submit Reply on my final post "lmao".
Korner Kelly: Nuclear Win-ter

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/laloalcaraz/status/1506288402408345603?t=KpofdLT-81lVVBloNFUlLA&s=19

Love good cartoonists responding to dipshits.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

why are all these fuckin' dogs barking

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

We're a meritocracy, that means that anyone with merit gets to have power. Who decides what counts as merit? The people with power, obviously.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Mike Lester

Brian McFadden

Jack Ohman

Rob Rogers

Jen Sorensen

:skeltal:

Jeff Stahler

"Soviet" press?

Tom Stiglich

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Firestarter: Biden has reinitiated the ridiculous Iran nuclear deal that ultimately gives them a nuclear weapon.
Any Day Now is back! :buddy:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

“Doing things your constituents want you to do in order to continue to get their votes is pandering!” :laffo: the GOP has their base so broken to eat their poo poo and like it they’re generally shocked when politicians actually do things they say they will and see it as a bad thing. Just pure craven assholes groveling at the feet of “their betters” and expecting them to do anything is sacrilege

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
thank you to the brave posters in the thread for the insightful context and constant posting. I used to regularly lurk this thread until the brain damage just got too much and now I only peek in a few times a month at most.

Most political cartoons are just the most low information low effort bullshit ever but this brain trust of a posting ecosystem actually knows the good ones and shares em too.

If it wasn't for this thread I would have never been blocked by Carlos Latuff on twitter for saying "I usually agree with Latuff but on some issues I don't" thank you all.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

thank you to the brave posters in the thread for the insightful context and constant posting. I used to regularly lurk this thread until the brain damage just got too much and now I only peek in a few times a month at most.

That is probably the sanest approach to this thread.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Hunt11 posted:

Or any thread, really.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
:siren:Reminder: Voting for this round of the Kellies ends April 1! :siren:

You can still vote in both rounds.
Part 1
Part 2

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hunt11 posted:

I will never stop grinding my brain into mulch with this thread you can’t stop me

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Some Sanctions against Russia Are a Blessing in Disguise

Ted Rall posted:

Companies that produce disgusting crap like Coke, Pepsi, McDonald’s, KFC, etc., are boycotting Russia and shutting down operations there. This will no doubt improve the health of the average Russian. At the same time, disgusting tech companies like Facebook and Apple are pulling out as well, freeing the Russian people from the shackles of stupid social media and other toxic forms of communication.

First Dog on the Moon: Is Anthony Albanese a regular bloke who likes a joke or a wretched woke?

edit: to explain, Albanese answered a bunch of quick-fire questions from the Daily Telegraph which is summed up with their picture:

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 23, 2022

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ted Rall posted:

Companies that produce disgusting crap like Coke, Pepsi, McDonald’s, KFC, etc., are boycotting Russia and shutting down operations there. This will no doubt improve the health of the average Russian. At the same time, disgusting tech companies like Facebook and Apple are pulling out as well, freeing the Russian people from the shackles of stupid social media and other toxic forms of communication.

This doesn't really sound like Rall, is someone writing his blurbs for him? Just re-using the word disgusting like that, twice at that, and "stupid" social media... I don't know, it reads off.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Is the joke that she's fat like a hippo that has birds on it? That's kind of insensitive.

Literal opposite of reality. Zelensky has talked about meeting with Putin several times but Russia has refused.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

"Actually if you think about it the war with Ukraine is good for the Russian people and will make their lives better."

Well when Rall puts it that way I guess the deaths of thousands of Ukrainians and millions losing their homes and cities is worth it!

Also please ignore how earlier he said that sanctions would actually make the Russian people's lives worse.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon: Is Anthony Albanese a regular bloke who likes a joke or a wretched woke?

edit: to explain, Albanese answered a bunch of quick-fire questions from the Daily Telegraph which is summed up with their picture:

Wow what a waste of space. Comiserations to australia for getting its own keir starmer

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well he sounds like a man who's straight to the point on things that don't affect him and yet when given the choice between two answers on anything mildly controversial to his base manages to magic a third non-answer from the ether.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

An unironically good cartoon. How refreshing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Guavanaut posted:

Well he sounds like a man who's straight to the point on things that don't affect him and yet when given the choice between two answers on anything mildly controversial to his base manages to magic a third non-answer from the ether.

So, a politician?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Flaskraven posted:

Literal opposite of reality. Zelensky has talked about meeting with Putin several times but Russia has refused.

Look at the picture again. There is a subtle clue which makes me doubt Putin's actual willingness for honest talks.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

Other? So Israel and/or the US are Arab states?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Also I notice the Obama Teleprompter and the Sippy Cup have the day off in yesterday's Branco, hope they're okay.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
No, don’t be silly; other relative to Iran, which is an Arab state, obviously.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

Hey Branco, tell me again why they would have started up a nuclear program again. Who was it who unilaterally decided to reneg on the agreement because "lawl"?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Now this is art

https://mobile.twitter.com/lilyslynch/status/1506602495207948293

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Randalor posted:

Hey Branco, tell me again why they would have started up a nuclear program again. Who was it who unilaterally decided to reneg on the agreement because "lawl"?

Here's the problem: you're thinking about it like a rational, informed person who knows the facts, rather than a person who hears the words "nuclear" and "Iran" in the same sentence and immediately freaks out about it. So, here's how the right views things:

Iran was trying to get nukes to attack Israel with and the only thing stopping them was the US refusing to talk to them. Then the Muslim Barack HUSSEIN Obama talked to them and said "I will give you nuclear materials to make missiles with, so that you can attack Israel, because I hate Americans and Jews and freedom." So Iran continued to work on their nuclear weapons and was just about to finish it when suddenly the God Emperor Trump was elected and heroically stopped them by ending the deal, which thwarted Iran's plans. But now the idiot Joe Biden is going to give them nuclear material again, which they will use to continue making nukes.

So yeah. Right wingers believe that Obama was helping them to make nukes and that Trump was a hero for stopping it, and that Biden is wrong to try again.

To be honest, I think they're actually right about that last part. I think if Trump hadn't been a petulant manchild who just wanted to wreck everything Obama did, that we probably wouldn't have had to worry about an Iran with nuclear weapons. Iran really has no reason to agree to a deal again, especially since they're now aware that if a Republican gets elected, the deal will end again just like it did under Trump. And after seeing Trump cozy up to Kim Jong-Un, that definitely sends the message of "Okay so guess we've gotta get nukes to get some respect around here." The way things are now, Biden is wasting his time trying to restart the deal since they're strongly discouraged from agreeing to one because Biden could lose reelection in two years.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

holy :ironicat: at the kevin the evil bunny line

especially because i think he's supposed to be noted elected to president twice person bill clinton???

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Some combination of noted presidential sore losers Bill and Barack I thought.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Fish doing a comic where the duck watches Fox News is just a normal day though.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Flaskraven posted:

Is the joke that she's fat like a hippo that has birds on it? That's kind of insensitive.

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be woodpeckers, and that they're flailing desperately at someone who's not going to give them what they want.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

I hope this means we've driven Fishman to drink.

Angepain posted:

It's a very clever take on the original quote you see, because what if someone said "let them eat cake", but, and here's the wild new twist, what if cake was an expensive item

McCoy upset that Garrison gets all the attention for not understanding metaphor.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Please allow me to explain :thejoke: that DJ Albo is spinning Flock of Seagulls "I ran (so far away)"

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

They're not incredible portraits but I still gotta give credit for drawing recognizable woodpecker species there. They're mostly pileated woodpeckers (and should be larger but that would confuse the symbolism so I understand why they're the same size as the others) but there's one red-bellied and one red-headed woodpecker on the right as well.

This is setting the bar really low but it's one so many cartoonists crash into face first, so props to Lukovich for looking at more than one picture of an animal before drawing a cartoon.

E: this probably sounds more backhanded than I mean it, I'm extremely tickled to see cartoonists draw recognizable species of wildlife, even with major stylistic concessions like "making mostly-black birds mostly white so you can fit labels on them".

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 23, 2022

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

this guy's a bird pervert

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the face of war – People of Ukraine hold on as Vladimir Putin batters nation with bombs"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak hints at fuel duty cut: Of course we will help with cost of living

Matt:

Independent:

Please don’t compare Ukraine to Brexit, Petro Poroshenko asks Boris Johnson

Times:

Evening Standard:

Inflation surges to 6.2% as cost-of-living crisis escalates

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Downplayed and mostly dismissed by the comfortable while actually being deadlier and more devastating overall than previous versions for the elderly and most vulnerable populations, AGC.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Some Sanctions against Russia Are a Blessing in Disguise

Google translate got fairly decent at translating European languages, but it still switches genders when talking about weight loss. Hah.

And of course, Rall is outright parroting Russian talking points with only the tiniest pretense of contrarian leftism applied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
I mean, right now contrarian leftism is just parroting Russian talking points so it's not like Roll has far to go.