Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

net work error posted:

Mercedes are the only ones doing crazy stuff like DAS and sidepod zero and they even were so good at engine maps f1 changed the rules because they were so good at it. Until another team comes out with cool ideas I will continue to think Mercedes are cool and good.

Ferrari had the cool idea to make a good car, maybe Mercedes should have done that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Ferrari had the cool idea to make a good car, maybe Mercedes should have done that.

Parappa the Dapper
Jul 2, 2003

...and then my toast came out soft.

Shes Not Impressed posted:

20 minutes away and I won't be able to afford it.

Same, OP.

Best to start speculating hotel rooms with a view now :getin:

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

Parappa the Dapper posted:

Same, OP.

Googling “Las Vegas hotel rooms with a view” will probably get you on an FBI watchlist

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
DAS was loving cool

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
The coolest thing merc came up with is undoubtedly Brake Magic

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Big Jesus posted:

change Baku to Braku

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

also if for nothing else you gotta admire the tenacity of people who didn't abandon the scud even when they were trying to kill vettel almost every week

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

The Big Jesus posted:

Do we know exactly what this was yet? It was some method of warming the brakes, right?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Do we know exactly what this was yet? It was some method of warming the brakes, right?

it set the brake balance fully forward to heat the tires via heat generated in the brakes transmitted through the wheel hub I think

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Parappa the Dapper posted:

Same, OP.

We won't even be able to open a window to hear the noise!

Is this what all the construction has been for? The state flag of Nevada is the traffic cone for those who don't know.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
If you've watched last seasons grill the grids, or the Ferrari F1 youtube things between Charles and Carlos, or Charles streaming, then you know that Charlie the Clerk is deep down a loveable idiot.

Which makes it even funnier that he beat Max by outsmarting him (before the engine gave up anyway).

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Anyone who can claim to be Monegasque must almost be inevitably out of touch with almost any way the world actually works.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Kloaked00 posted:

I did not realize that you incur point penalties if you change your F1 Fantasy lineup too much each week. That's annoying

You do? I thought you got a subs bank that lets you swap people around, if there is a points penalty as well it's yet another obtuse feature they haven't really explained.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

net work error posted:

Mercedes are the only ones doing crazy stuff like DAS and sidepod zero and they even were so good at engine maps f1 changed the rules because they were so good at it. Until another team comes out with cool ideas I will continue to think Mercedes are cool and good.

This is the car which ends up in those top 10 strangest F1 car lists, with the usual "it was abandoned mid-season as they went back to a more traditional design"

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Shes Not Impressed posted:

20 minutes away and I won't be able to afford it.
Why would you want to go? It'll be another crap flat parking lot monstrosity.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

boop the snoot posted:

Max: 90% the car
Mercedes: 90% Lewis

Mercedes: 90% the car - hence russel easily beat Bottas on the one drive he got in 2020
RB: 90% MAX - cause Sergio '2022 WDC' Perez can't come close to his performance in the same car

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Dictator. posted:

Mercedes: 90% the car - hence russel easily beat Bottas on the one drive he got in 2020
RB: 90% MAX - cause Sergio '2022 WDC' Perez can't come close to his performance in the same car

Thought experiment. If max and Lewis switched cars last year, what would the difference have been?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

seeing a lot of poo poo posting about the papaya bois. like a real fan only runs with them in success.

which is why Ferrari fans are the most honorable (after papaya fans of course), having stuck with them the last 15 years of poo poo, to finally see some redemption now.

If McLaren can't make it this year, I find solace in Ferrari and even more solace in RB loving it up.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Quizzlefish posted:

Thought experiment. If max and Lewis switched cars last year, what would the difference have been?

I think Max would’ve still won wdc, the Merc was faster after summer break. Lewis would probably have had a harder time adjusting to the RB, which is supposedly harder to control.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Also would max have pressed the magic button?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ethanol posted:

Theo consider all that money saved on travel could be spent on a Porsche cayman

Lol I literally bought a new car this weekend to cheer myself up.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Theophany posted:

Lol I literally bought a new car this weekend to cheer myself up.

What car

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ethanol posted:

What car

Something very sensible in these times of absurd fuel costs, because why would I stop being a moron now.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Theophany posted:

Something very sensible in these times of absurd fuel costs, because why would I stop being a moron now.

I have a new pickup truck man

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ethanol posted:

I have a new pickup truck man

Which one did you go for? My brother is in the market for one

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Theophany posted:

Which one did you go for? My brother is in the market for one

4 door Tacoma long bed with the off road package (lol)

I actually haul gear off-road at work tho and it’s already proven itself far more capable than the f250 we use for towing

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I was thinking of getting a Tesla

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Cimber posted:

I was thinking of getting a Tesla

:mods:

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

I could pay for it in bitcoin.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
2006 colorado 2 door reg cab manual 4 lyf

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

2006 colorado 2 door reg cab manual 4 lyf

tell me about the Iraq war grandpa

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

ethanol posted:

tell me about the Iraq war grandpa

It's from the year I graduated high school, I'm probably younger than you.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

in 2006 my dad stopped letting me use his car so I bought a 7 year old Jeep Wrangler with 70k miles on it for 7k. Wonder what a wrangler with 70k on it it is worth now

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

ethanol posted:

in 2006 my dad stopped letting me use his car so I bought a 7 year old Jeep Wrangler with 70k miles on it for 7k. Wonder what a wrangler with 70k on it it is worth now

probably still $7k

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
out of curiosity I went and looked up some 1999 Wranglers and the ones that have 150k+ miles on them are over $10k

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

probably still $7k

No way it’s gotta be like 15 now

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
im trying to get a new beater pickup for driving back and forth to work, and everyone wants like $15k for 10 year old pickups with over 100k km's, its insane

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

im trying to get a new beater pickup for driving back and forth to work, and everyone wants like $15k for 10 year old pickups with over 100k km's, its insane

That’s why I just bought a new one and to avoid a 3 month wait just for that I had to call around an insane amount of times to find an in transit one that wasn’t spoken for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Cirofren posted:

If you've watched last seasons grill the grids, or the Ferrari F1 youtube things between Charles and Carlos, or Charles streaming, then you know that Charlie the Clerk is deep down a loveable idiot.

Which makes it even funnier that he beat Max by outsmarting him (before the engine gave up anyway).
this is most of em

mostly born rich/well off and uneducated

vettel, hamilton, some exceptions

ricciardo last season had to have it explained to him why some people dislike saudi arabia 'oh, is saudi bad??'