Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

This must be part of a greater comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Feliday Melody posted:

This must be part of a greater comic.

according to the tweet thread, there's not a whole lot of it translated-- there are two chapters, but only half of the first got translated.

https://twitter.com/EffieArtoria/status/1502655351342125057?s=20&t=ej2HFfKLsOqoUgEJrnjR7A

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Obnoxipus posted:

according to the tweet thread, there's not a whole lot of it translated-- there are two chapters, but only half of the first got translated.

https://twitter.com/EffieArtoria/status/1502655351342125057?s=20&t=ej2HFfKLsOqoUgEJrnjR7A

That's a shame. It looks hilarious.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Feliday Melody posted:

That's a shame. It looks hilarious.

Yeah i know, I love that kind of story (which is why I'm disappointed Mage and Demon Queen is on seasonal hiatus).

Anybody got any other wlw stories with a hero and a maou?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there is this one shot:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/freeloading_demon_lord

not a manga but lately people in the rpg thread been mentioning maglam lord. you play as a demon lord, man or woman, and can date either gender as well.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the new chapter of futari escape is required reading

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

absolutely incredible, truly heartwarming

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Marriage As Friends has a very different vibe, but is very powerful in its own right.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
From the Octave mangaka, Brides of Iberis

Wedding planner who isn't excited by her own wedding.

Absolute banger of a first chapter, god bless akiyama haru. read this.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
The author has been consistently good and yea this looks promising

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I like the artstyle, but one tag skeeves the hell out of me.

I guess I'll add it to my wishlist and wait to see what others say before reading it once it's done.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
read everything else of there's if you haven't

honestly octave only really click for me on a reread, I thought it was good before but the sorta weirdness of it didn't hit till then. her recent one shots have been GOAT too

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Octave was great so I'll definitely be reading this one!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Marriage As Friends has a very different vibe, but is very powerful in its own right.

This was real nice

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Two parter from Yorumo
It's a pretty standard gl story but the art and the fact it has a yankee elevates it

I posted some stuff before from this book (cigarette kiss/refrain kiss). Looks like there is only one story left to be translated

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Mai no Mushigurashi is a very powerful little manga.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Beauty & Beast Girl finished. Have tissues ready.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I like the artstyle, but one tag skeeves the hell out of me.

She pulled a fast one on us, you're good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I was going to say that sounds cowardly but then I read the chapter and i'll have to take that back.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I Am Fowl posted:

link!

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Whole thing's on Dynasty. You can also buy the first 12 chapters on Amazon if you want to support the author; I don't think the rest was ever collected into volumes, although she does have another series on sale too.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Thuryl posted:

Whole thing's on Dynasty. You can also buy the first 12 chapters on Amazon if you want to support the author; I don't think the rest was ever collected into volumes, although she does have another series on sale too.

Thanks. It looks pretty cool. :)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I should've been more clear, sorry - I meant the tags on baka-updates; specifically the cheating/infidelity tags.

I hope there isn't any of that, but then again it's not as if matters now because as you know I don't read things before they're finished being scanlated.

I Am Fowl posted:

Wow, you weren't kidding about tissues being required.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Mar 23, 2022

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

[ specifically the cheating/infidelity tags.

Yes, dynasty had those tags too before they were changed with this chapter

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Thuryl posted:

Yeah, she mentions in the afterword that due to poor sales, there was never a second volume and the first is sadly out of print.

Also I've started Futari Escape! Do these nerds kiss eventually or am I just wasting my precious time?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

The author of Still Sick has a new series OL x High Schooler so ain't going to be for everybody.

Two more chapters of this, it's been a while. Such a different energy from Still Sick.

i want to play with an essentially jobless OL...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Back to back posts but oni bartender warrants it.

if you wish you could be kabedon by a tall oni woman, this is the chapter for you

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

I Am Fowl posted:

Yeah, she mentions in the afterword that due to poor sales, there was never a second volume and the first is sadly out of print.

Also I've started Futari Escape! Do these nerds kiss eventually or am I just wasting my precious time?

Don't expect kissing; they act like a couple and do couple-y things, but it's all kept pretty low-key.

Incidentally, Futari Escape has also been picked up for future localization:

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1506715822437371911

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Another new chapter of Brides of Iberis
Nice to see the other side of the equation here

Bartenders & Onis (said in a dungeons and dragons voice) updated once again too

Posted this a while ago but Lillies, Voice, Wind has gotten a bunch of chapters out now
imo i think the quality of it has step down the recent volume, it felt more moody and low key before. but this series is probably of interest to those who want manga with ace characters.

And finally
https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/1507392630019268663?t=OMOrxVekcaIPff_rUYkC3g&s=19
i haven't read any of this but my friend with good taste likes it so i assume it's great

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
It's a western-made web story but its adjacent to manga/anime stuff sooo

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/443703/the-harem-protagonist-was-turned-into-a-girl-and-doesnt-want-to-change-back/

Dropping a rec for this. The Harem Protagonist Was Turned Into A Girl!! And Doesn’t Want To Change Back!!!?? title is basically self-explanatory lol. Story is focused on the MC figuring out transgender stuff and the harem coming to terms with their object of affection being a girl. You're kinda dropped in media res with all the harem stuff but they're all given a good amount of personality and details about them are revealed over the course of the story.

Some quotes:

quote:

“Y—you’re wearing a dress?”

Andrew’s face went redder as he made an indecisive noise.

“Where did you get it?”

“Uh… it was my Halloween costume from two years ago…” Andrew muttered.

“Ah. Right,” Kevin replied, as he remembered.

It had been such a fun party. Then Andrew’s parents had seen pictures online and yelled at him.

quote:

Andrew blinked, as Kevin smiled to herself. That title sounded so good. ‘Galactic Emperor’ made her think of a wrinkly old man, but, ‘Galactic Empress’… now that was a title that could fit a woman who was young and attractive and full of life.

And maybe a little sexy.

quote:

The buzzing of her alarm drew Vivian Wong out of bed, crawling across her small bedroom to shut her phone off. The clock said 5:00 am, as expected. An hour that gave her plenty of time to get ready for work. It gave her time for something else important, though. As the only member of the mess around Kevin who worked days, she usually needed a bit of time to digest whatever chaos had happened the night before.

Today was definitely no different. One cryptic message about an emergency from Plynx, the alien cat girl still seeming to hate typing on Earth phones. Which, hey, Vivian couldn’t blame her. She found them clunky, and she’d not grown up on whatever alien technology Plynx had.

That single message was followed by the snooty claimant princess of half of the continent of Europe Augusta demanding details a hundred times. The obnoxious blonde never seemed to grasp that other people weren’t all her servants.

Scrolling through the ranting and French insults, she found one message from Thisbe saying that she was on her way. Well, ‘on m wy’, as Thisbe seemed unable to abandon her telegraph era impression that each letter cost money.

Because she was a two hundred year old vampire.

quote:

“You may be right, but, still: what happened to ‘bros before ho—you knows’,” Andrew said, cowing a little under Kevin’s glare for the final part.

The glare fizzled as Kevin began to laugh. “I think you’ll find you’re not really in the ‘bros’ category anymore.”

“I… alright, fair,” Andrew muttered as she waited for the elevator down to the platform.

quote:

“Wait. Did you seriously change your twumbler handle to ‘Cartridge ‘G-Cups’ McIntyre’?” Svetlana asked.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 26, 2022

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

Another new chapter of Brides of Iberis
Nice to see the other side of the equation here

I'm liking this a lot. Glad it's getting rapid updates.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I finally finished Bocchi Kaibutsu to Moumoku Shoujo by Neji, and once again I have to confirm that I AM Fowl was right about needing tissues.
I think I've cried so much that I need to hydrate.

Also, the afterword mentions a +18 doujinshi being published in 2021, but I've only been able to find two that were published in 2019, consisting of 32 and 53 pages each - so depending on how long it takes until the third doujinshi is published, I may hold off on reading that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

moe

marriage partner of my dreams turned out to be my female junior at work

god bless, thank you for the food

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
older women are the cutest... why do I mostly attract younger women... sob sob

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

That first chapter is not just a snack, that's a full course meal that leaves you wanting more.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

big fan of OLs (office lesbians)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

VideoWitch posted:

:same:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Snooze Cruise posted:

older women are the cutest... why do I mostly attract younger women... sob sob

Doesn't that make you the older one?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

VideoWitch posted:

hmm yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

VideoWitch posted: