Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PYo5jvfccY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

So is this game really mouse click to move.

in 2022 ityool?

LOOOL.

i want my 3 minutes back.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

You can also use a controller

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Is anyone playing on Bergstrom and has a decent guild I could hop into? I ended up there as a lot of the other servers are pretty queue-heavy.

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner
I failed all upgrade attempts for 5 days in a row at ilvl ~1100 (doing just chaos dungeons, una's tasks and guardians each day) last week and haven't logged in since, and only remembered that I was even playing this game because I found this tab open in a browser window that was lost under a bunch of others.

I realised that the only part of the game I actually enjoyed was seeing the numbers getting bigger, and when that slowed down the whole game fell apart for me. Logging in for an increasingly small chance of actually "progressing" and having constant back-of-the-brain thoughts about whether I should play more to chase that dragon was honestly harmful and I probably shouldn't be playing this kind of game.

Can't say I'm happy about only having that realisation 200 hours in.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

in 2022 ityool?

LOOOL.

i want my 3 minutes back.

This is a bad take.

Also, people need to chill. More materials are coming tomorrow for t3, and honing changes will be here next month. Gamers wanna speed run everything and have everything in 30 days lmao.

Back in my day we had to macro overnight for months on end to GM our magic resist. These days if you aren't max leveled and geared in 2 weeks, game sucks. Gamers are insufferable.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Mar 23, 2022

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

I finally did my first ghost ship, and I guess they fixed the EIbern's Wound daily or something. I can accept it, but I don't get the option to use an Unas Task completion token on it.

Scatsby fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 23, 2022

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've decided Rapport is the worst system for players with long loading times. Triport to NPC's location, emote, triport to the next NPC's location, emote, ocean liner, triport, emote, bifrost, emote.

I've started wasting my allotment on NPCs near the Una's I do to save time. I'm maxed out on Tortoyk reps because they're a slight detour from the Eurus duty and I'm currently working on getting the giant heart from Calvasus because he's right next to the Tragon daily.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Scatsby posted:

I finally did my first ghost ship, and I guess they fixed the EIbern's Wound daily or something. I can accept it, but I don't get the option to use an Unas Task completion token on it.

just worked for me. did you take the daily *before* doing the ghost ship? you have to clear a daily once (which can be alongside your first ghost ship) before you can skip it.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Scatsby posted:

I'm almost certain I did it yesterday because I finished my eibern's wound rep yesterday and got it built. Just checking, you did the ghost ship while having the una's task to complete it the "correct" way once?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Meskhenet posted:

wasd would be a worse input method for the combat system. Not really sure why you'd expect anything else from a top down arpg-like combat system. There's a reason every ARPG & MOBA in existence uses click to move.

If you aren't used to click to move you have to give it more time. It does have convenience features like auto run and being able to right click to change character direction and "g" auto interacting with nearby stuff that can be interacted with.

Having the combat system it does is part of why it gets so much praise for having a great combat system and raids at least on par with FFXIV/WoW.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 23, 2022

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Zotix posted:

Also, people need to chill. More materials are coming tomorrow for t3, and honing changes will be here next month. Gamers wanna speed run everything and have everything in 30 days lmao.

Back in my day we had to macro overnight for months on end to GM our magic resist. These days if you aren't max leveled and geared in 2 weeks, game sucks. Gamers are insufferable.

It’s wild that people are talking about being ‘behind in T3.’ You can’t be both of those. People really want to beat an mmo within a month or two of launch.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Khorne posted:

wasd would be a worse input method for the combat system.

I dunno about that, it's way better with a pad imho

I think my only pad complaint is how annoying it is to hit "yes" when you move between chaos levels but there's always some clod who wants to ride out the timer anyway

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dynamite Dog posted:

It’s wild that people are talking about being ‘behind in T3.’ You can’t be both of those. People really want to beat an mmo within a month or two of launch.

I keep trying to say this to my friend who is like 1330 while I'm 1350 and constantly fretting about being "behind". There's not much more content past what we're seeing right now so there really is no rush to get there.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I enjoyed T2 much more than T3. T3 is basically do your one abyssal dungeon, eventually 2, you have access to a week. Do your 2x chaos dungeons and 2x armored scorpion a day. At least T2 had a variety of dungeons/guardians to fight. The ship has sailed on getting incredible amounts of gold selling mats in T3 so now there's very little point to rushing it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I enjoyed T2 much more than T3. T3 is basically do your one abyssal dungeon, eventually 2, you have access to a week. Do your 2x chaos dungeons and 2x armored scorpion a day. At least T2 had a variety of dungeons/guardians to fight. The ship has sailed on getting incredible amounts of gold selling mats in T3 so now there's very little point to rushing it.

Yeah T3 for me has been much slower while starting to do more with my alt between dungeon runs. I was bummed to find last night that the prices on the leapstones are way way down from the last time I was selling them. About 300-400 gold difference since this time last week

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

super sweet best pal posted:

I've decided Rapport is the worst system for players with long loading times. Triport to NPC's location, emote, triport to the next NPC's location, emote, ocean liner, triport, emote, bifrost, emote.

I've started wasting my allotment on NPCs near the Una's I do to save time. I'm maxed out on Tortoyk reps because they're a slight detour from the Eurus duty and I'm currently working on getting the giant heart from Calvasus because he's right next to the Tragon daily.

Speaking of the loading times, wtf is the deal with how long it takes models and textures to pop in? I can go play, say, RDR2 and have every single model and texture loaded instantly with no issues, but I've timed north of a minute for parts of Vern to finish loading when I enter the zone. There's no way an SSD is too weak for it, and on mid settings 8GB VRAM has to be plenty for poo poo to be loading properly. What's the deal? Are they trying to stream all the textures or something stupid despite having a local install? I'm just thankful it rarely (but not never) happens with hostiles, even if it does happen with quest essential NPCs constantly like the Lopang recipients.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

just worked for me. did you take the daily *before* doing the ghost ship? you have to clear a daily once (which can be alongside your first ghost ship) before you can skip it.

Ah, for whatever reason I thought you had to do it once for the Una's Task to appear. I'm annoyed, but it's a relief!

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Scatsby posted:

Ah, for whatever reason I thought you had to do it once for the Una's Task to appear. I'm annoyed, but it's a relief!

Fortunately, reset is tomorrow so you won't have to wait long before you can do the ghost ship again.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Make sure you accept the Una’s task and read the quest item (F5 by default) before doing the actual fight or you won’t get credit and will have to wait another week.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

This game gets a lot better the less you try and rush everything

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

rap music posted:

this x10000

i’m having a blast just doing what i can during my free time, doing adventure tomes, working on whatever i feel like. and it’s great!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

rap music posted:

Estel
May 4, 2010

Scatsby posted:

That is because for some Una tasks to appear you have to do or finish something first so it can be confusing.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

rap music posted:

This game would have near-perfect "chill and do arbitrary random content" vibes if they didn't lock the various tiers of progression stuff behind the extremely long and boring continent quests. Having to drop everything and grind out the insanely bad story quest stuff for multiple hours just to be allowed into, e.g. the next step of chaos dungeons, sucks real bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I didn't mind the story quests in between each tier, I thought they were good! What I don't like though is having to repeat them across alts. I wish it was just free to skip them.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

rap music posted:

Yeah, I got to 1340 and decided I needed to chill and it's been better since. I'm just hoarding T3 mats and waiting for them to increase the honing rates now.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I really doubt they'll increase honing rates anytime soon, it would be a massive gently caress you to everyone that's over 1302.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

I actually prefer the story quests to the content grind. The quality of the story really depends on the continent though. I quite like most of them, but most of Luterra, Shushire, and definitely Feiton really drag. I'm a long way from 1100, and i really want to get there to see what the next zone is like.

The story is never incredible, but it's usually fun and I love their willingness to be silly and weird. Tortoyk is incredible and I want to ride my ladybug everywhere. And even stuff like the hidden x-301 facility quest is pretty neat and has a surprising amount of visual and narrative polish for something most players will never see and even dedicated questers will only be able to do once.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I've been enjoying taking it "slowly" (though I wouldnt really call it slow but hey internet). Sort of stuck at 580 now and having to actively hunt for whatever materials is.. not fun? Cant see myself continuing to play whenever I hit T3, but that's a solid 2 months of mostly good times and carefree clicking. 7/10, would pay for sub again.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I'm very close to 1340 and I think I'm just going to park here. None of the classes I actually want to play are out so it feels bad to dump a ton of materials into a class I'll likely drop eventually. Ill just horde mats and sell them if the price spikes I think.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I'm very close to 1340 and I think I'm just going to park here. None of the classes I actually want to play are out so it feels bad to dump a ton of materials into a class I'll likely drop eventually. Ill just horde mats and sell them if the price spikes I think.

I should really be doing my alts for T1 mats for when Artist comes out.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A friend of mine started a bard alt and is constantly asking me how the hell I do it. I just love playing support in this game; Bard in particular I love because shielding/preventing damage was always my favorite thing to do. It also feels like in this game there's not as many unrealistic expectations for support classes to carry everyone, at least not like WoW where the priest would be the first person to get blamed after a party wipe.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

deathbagel posted:

Yeah, I got to 1340 and decided I needed to chill and it's been better since. I'm just hoarding T3 mats and waiting for them to increase the honing rates now.
They won't increase until after valtan. And even then, they won't increase the 1370->14xx portion you need to do to get access to valtan.

It's worth it to start pushing with bound leapstones & has been for a while. It lets you start accumulating great honor leapstones, shots at good tripods, and shots at +3/+3 accessories. Accessories & ability stone are the main bottlenecks to being ready for harder content.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This got added to Korea today

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I've also parked in the 1340 zone and am now focusing more on collectibles/rapport/trade skills. it's fun to zone out and grind chaos dungeon every once in a while but I'm not feeling a huge urge to push my ilevel, and it will get easier to do with time.

mostly just frustrated that we don't have a roadmap for class releases yet, it feels like something they should have had sorted out when the western release went live.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

YES bread posted:

mostly just frustrated that we don't have a roadmap for class releases yet, it feels like something they should have had sorted out when the western release went live.

I assume they figured they could drip feed classes to keep bring people back but weren't expecting players to be this annoyed by it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

YES bread posted:

There will be an update on this in the next 3 weeks or so.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I assume they figured they could drip feed classes to keep bring people back but weren't expecting players to be this annoyed by it

Yeah, I mean if these were new classes that’d be one thing, but we’ve all see or even played them. It’s such a transparent ~*engagement*~ strategy, which makes it even more annoying.

They’re presumably going to continue creating new classes in KR for similar reasons, so idk why they’d risk pissing people off by arbitrarily limiting the roster for us. I’m legit considering going through the rigamarole of reinstalling the RU client just to get some games in on scouter/lancemaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

King of Bleh posted:

This game would have near-perfect "chill and do arbitrary random content" vibes if they didn't lock the various tiers of progression stuff behind the extremely long and boring continent quests. Having to drop everything and grind out the insanely bad story quest stuff for multiple hours just to be allowed into, e.g. the next step of chaos dungeons, sucks real bad.

Yeah I quit as soon as I got to Yorn I had to stop having fun and do the G button again