Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hot Karl Marx posted:

im trying to get a new beater pickup for driving back and forth to work, and everyone wants like $15k for 10 year old pickups with over 100k km's, its insane

This is why I drive a 20 year old corolla that I'm going to just run into the loving ground.

I got the world's dinkiest KTM sports bike a few years ago and last time I checked online last year the same model with similar mileage was going for maybe $500 less than what I paid for it from the dealership. As it turns out just loving shotgunning money into the economy indiscriminately at every opportunity makes people really loving stupid with their discretionary spending.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Cimber posted:

I could pay for it in bitcoin.

loving hell mate. 2x :mods:

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Just watching the Haas episode of DTS

Will Buxton:
"Haas' two rookies are incredibly important for the sport. One of them, his father makes fertilizer. The other, his father is a vegetable."

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Something very sensible in these times of absurd fuel costs, because why would I stop being a moron now.

I'm disappointed you swapped the RS6 for this.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Quizzlefish posted:

Just watching the Haas episode of DTS

Will Buxton:
"Haas' two rookies are incredibly important for the sport. One of them, his father makes fertilizer. The other, his father is a vegetable."

fraud hamilton can't even finish his vegetables

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Cimber posted:

I was thinking of getting a Tesla

Tesla’s are poorly built and Elon Musk is a dickhead.

Theo I was very close to buying an S7 and then a friend convinced me to get BMW instead. I regret my decision everyday.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

MustardFacial posted:

Theo I was very close to buying an S7 and then a friend convinced me to get BMW instead. I regret my decision everyday.

Could be worse, you could be Mike Krack who left BMW for Aston Martin this season...

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

refleks posted:

Could be worse, you could be Mike Krack who left BMW for Aston Martin this season...

He could turn that place around. He couldn’t be worse than Paddy Lowe ruining Williams.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

I'm disappointed you swapped the RS6 for this.

I dumped the RS6 on the quiet over a year ago now, the balloon payment came up and it was absurdly cheap relative to the resale value of the car so I paid it off and sold it back to the dealer and used some of the spare change to get a 3.0 TFSI A6 Avant, had it remapped to just over 400bhp and dailied it until I decided what I wanted next. The RS6 was bananas and I'm glad I had it for 3 years but I was starting to feel guilty putting the amount of mileage on it as I travel a lot for work.

MustardFacial posted:

Which BMW did you get in the end?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Theophany posted:

Something very sensible in these times of absurd fuel costs, because why would I stop being a moron now.

that's a very nice car, i'm jealous.

who drives the shittest car in this thread?

I'd like to submit my 2008 ford fusion (UK fusion, I believe it's a totally different car in the US)

Despite only having done 30k miles I've spent more money on repairs than any of the other previous poo poo boxes I've owned. The engine is an absolutely gutless 1.4 and it handles like a box. I can't wait until it explodes.

It's so boring I don't even have any photos, just this screenshot of a video where I was actually trying to record some very heavy rain in slow motion.

even though it was Italian I miss my old Punto, Percy:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I've literally just replaced my 05 golf with a brand new nissan leaf (EV heresy yes) and I can't get over how nice new cars are. I feel like an imposter driving it but I couldn't refuse a ridiculously good lease through salary sacrifice. The golf was on its last legs though so it was about time.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
This is the sensible family car that the thread Tifosi need

https://twitter.com/Bringatrailer/status/1506649645937659910

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Aphex- posted:

I've literally just replaced my 05 golf with a brand new nissan leaf (EV heresy yes) and I can't get over how nice new cars are. I feel like an imposter driving it but I couldn't refuse a ridiculously good lease through salary sacrifice. The golf was on its last legs though so it was about time.

I've driven my dads brand new polo and my uncles few years old ford focus estate a couple of times and yeah it's wild the difference between something new and something over a decade old. I'm currently retraining for a new career and hope to have something quite new and sporty in a few years.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I've driven my dads brand new polo and my uncles few years old ford focus estate a couple of times and yeah it's wild the difference between something new and something over a decade old. I'm currently retraining for a new career and hope to have something quite new and sporty in a few years.

Yeah it's just so easy to drive, I love it. What sporty one would you get?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If you dislike online toxicity you should follow my example and reply to every post complaining about gas prices with "don't drive so i dont care lol"

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Mission Winnow was pushed out of the sport by a combination of very biased Br*tish and A*stralian frauds who didn't support all the epic win things the Mission Winnow imitative was doing. Very sad.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Aphex- posted:

Yeah it's just so easy to drive, I love it. What sporty one would you get?

I quite fancy a hot hatch of some kind, all depends on how good a job I can land. Out of pure nostalgia for Percy I wouldn't mind an Abarth Punto if I could find one in orange. I don't think they make them anymore though, I only ever see the abarth 500s.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Generally, you can identify Br*tish posters by their extreme bias toward noted awful driver Lewis "Poois Shamilton" Hamilton, and anti-Italian racism. Amerikkkans can be identified as posters who talk about some streaming show about FOrmula 1. I have never seen this show but it seems like Lewis Hamilton propaganda as they tend to also be extremely biased toward Lewis "Poois Shamilton" Hamilton, and also biased against Italians. Most disgustingly they like to say very hurtful things about child-abuse victim Max Verstappen.

On a serious note I've never really understood the British (specifically) animosity towards Ferrari. It's very, very weird. Are they still mad about 1981-1982 or something.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I'm sorry your wheezing underpowered rattling DFV wasn't effective against Turbos, British privateers. You really lucked out with ground effects.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Frond posted:

On a serious note I've never really understood the British (specifically) animosity towards Ferrari. It's very, very weird. Are they still mad about 1981-1982 or something.

Schumacher years/Damon Hill+David Coulthard.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's called the Honda PU because it freaking stinks!!!!!!

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Schumacher years/Damon Hill+David Coulthard.

Did they not see the 3, perhaps 4 times where hill directly plowed into the back of Schumacher?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm glad I got into kart racing and am now in this weird zen state were I don't give a flying gently caress about what kind of car I drive.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I quite fancy a hot hatch of some kind, all depends on how good a job I can land. Out of pure nostalgia for Percy I wouldn't mind an Abarth Punto if I could find one in orange. I don't think they make them anymore though, I only ever see the abarth 500s.

Hell yeah an Abarth Punto would be sweet.

Frond posted:

I am a filthy brit and have no animosity towards Ferrari. Red car go fast.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

If you dislike online toxicity you should follow my example and reply to every post complaining about gas prices with "don't drive so i dont care lol"

Go with the more abrasive "ban all cars!"

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I like the Ducati Boys but for some reason I nearly always have to root for French pilots and riders in racing.

Christian Sarron was cool and fairly successful considering he was an old style motorcycle racer against a bunch of guys with dirt track backgrounds far more suited to the 2-stroke 500CC bike riding style.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

Which BMW did you get in the end?

440xi Gran Coupe M Performance.

I wanted a 4 door AWD sedan with a liftgate in the style of the S5 and the S7. I looked at the S5 originally but it didn't feel different enough from the S4 plus the twin turbo V8 in the S7 was very enticing. So then I started shopping around for S7's and it turns out that they depreciate so fast that you could pick up 2 year lease returns for pennies on the dollar. A 2 year old car is still brand new no matter how much you beat on it (especially around here).

So I was shopping around S7's trying to find one with the packages I want when a friend of mine turned me onto this BMW. It was a 4 door AWD sedan with a liftgate like I wanted, it didn't have as much power as the S7, but BMW specific ODB tools are much easier to acquire than anything made by VAG and the power that can be achieved with an intercooler and tune would put there close enough that it wouldn't make a difference. But the biggest selling point was that it was an M Performance edition. BMW only makes about 500 2, 3, 4 series a year as M Performance cars and to find one that was also an x drive gran coupe was probably even rarer.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I only learnt to drive a few years ago and now drive 2018 Skoda Octavia with a 1.0 engine. I've decided not to drive (even for a trial) anything fancy as I don't want to taste something I can't afford to buy

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Nobody needs anything more than a Mazda 3 hatchback. It's the perfect car.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I really want the

:nws: Hyundai ioniq 5 :nws:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Quizzlefish posted:

I really want the

enjoy your exploding battery.

I'm never buying anything electronic that's Korean

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Quizzlefish posted:

I really want the

actually a fantastic looking car irl

saw one of them a couple weeks ago when I was visiting the posh area in england where my mum now lives, didn't know what it was and had to look it up as it was so cool looking.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
One of my neighbours just bought one. It's sexy. I don't know which neighbour and I'm thinking of leaving a note on the windscreen asking to have a ride.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Aphex- posted:

Please explain this lease policy. I'd love to go EV through a tax break. Can you buy it at the end for a decent price?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I’m jonesing for a 2 series. It could happen if my currently wrecked car gets totaled.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

this is most of em

mostly born rich/well off and uneducated

vettel, hamilton, some exceptions

ricciardo last season had to have it explained to him why some people dislike saudi arabia 'oh, is saudi bad??'

Lando Norris during the 2021 Grill the Grid geography thing was stunning, and not in a good way.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Quizzlefish posted:

I really want the

My next car will be an EV. I'm waiting for someone to make an EV AWD sedan with 400km range and 400ish hp for less than 100K that isn't a Tesla.

Closest I've found so far is a Polestar 2.

italian quid posted:

I'm never buying anything electronic that's Korean

Why?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Note_7#Battery_faults

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

MustardFacial posted:

440xi Gran Coupe M Performance.
Should have bought an M5 mate.

Adbot