Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

I would hope everyone polishes their posting apparatus so lovingly
But enough about your privates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Polishing this turd to a mirror shine!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

Polishing this turd to a mirror shine!

But enough about your posting. :v:

e: I kind of feel like watching Nichibros again.

e2: Are there any other good sketch shows like that? Ive watched Pop Team Epic but a lot of the jokes kind of flew over my head.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 22, 2022

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

nichijou, cromartie high school, saiki k, school rumble, minami-ke, there's lots of stuff that could qualify as that type of show really

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Always rewatch/read School Rumble

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I keep meaning to watch Cromartie. Is School Rumble actually good though? I remember asking about it once ages ago when I first got here and getting mixed reviews. What about Asobi Asobase?

Saiki K and Nichijou Ive already watched and enjoyed.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gag Manga Biyori is some p deece sketch comedy.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
school rumble is top tier school comedy. also daily lives of high school boys and FMP fumoffu.

asobi asobase is pretty good and one of the only shows where I never skipped the ED

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

forgot an important one: kill me baby

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

+tic neesan

another comedy manga of the Boys Nichijou author is good & translated too, Zai x 10

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I have a real hard time reading manga, thus why I stick entirely to anime, even if its usually the lesser work of the two. :(

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

notable lack of sakamoto desu ga in these suggestions :v:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kirbysuperstar posted:

Always rewatch/read School Rumble

Its the best

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
School Rumble also has the best dub imo

Shions of Qud

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Cromartie comes pretty close but agreed.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Stink Billyums posted:

school rumble is top tier school comedy. also daily lives of high school boys and FMP fumoffu.

asobi asobase is pretty good and one of the only shows where I never skipped the ED

Yeah, Asobi Asobase is probably the closest thing to nichibros in recent years.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Don't let Asobi Asobase's OP fool you though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
A Soba Bouillabaisse

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Stink Billyums posted:

Bless
Asobi asobase might still be the funniest anime I've watched. Extremely high tier VAs

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

People skip EDs? But the atmosphere...

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

I have a real hard time reading manga, thus why I stick entirely to anime, even if its usually the lesser work of the two. :(

The reading is the part I usually stick to with both manga and Western comics. Still action scenes, especially in black-and-white, are all a mess for me and I don't even bother to try and figure out what's going on.

I have the Ghost in the Shell manga which I've been meaning to red forever because I was told Shirow is the wordiest fucker ever in a nerd way and I can appreciate it

Brutal Garcon posted:

Depends on the anime. I will never skip an Inuyasha ED because they're the best thing ever and hearign My Wil, Fukai Mori, or Dearest is pure nostalgia straight to my heart.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

It’s simple, you watch the op once at the start of the series, and the ed once at the end of the series.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

many eds just do not slap

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

AnoHito posted:

It’s simple, you watch the op once at the start of the series, and the ed once at the end of the series.

What if it's one of those anime that don't have the OP in the first episode?

Or the ED in the last?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
You get to make up your own OP and ED

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
if you skip the op and ed 12 out of 13 times like like 14% more time you have for anime watching

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I do appreciate it when creators put small changes in the OP or ED, as a nod to the people that watch the whole thing - especially if the changes thematically match the shows events.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And there are also shows that even make a brand new OP and ED later on (sometimes more than once)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I do appreciate it when creators put small changes in the OP or ED, as a nod to the people that watch the whole thing - especially if the changes thematically match the shows events.

I like how in Gj-bu when Tanuki girl joins the cast it shows her finally turning around in the op when before she just kept walking with her back to the camera

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A3i2KorZCk

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Brutal Garcon posted:

I usually skip all the intro and ending stuff too. :(

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Playing my first Atelier game (Ryza) and its honestly a lot of fun and cute and not at all what I expected.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
i skip op/ed if theyre bad. this generally works out to skipping a handful of ops and a larger number of eds. this makes sense because ops are often one of the very first things you see in an anime so they often are given lots of extra attention and ergo are more likely to be good. eds tend to benefit from this a lot less so theyre often more mid

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
sometimes they sneak unexpected poo poo into the nth showing of the op/ed and if you miss these 2% of cases can you really live with yourself

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Strange Quark posted:

sometimes they sneak unexpected poo poo into the nth showing of the op/ed and if you miss these 2% of cases can you really live with yourself

Yes?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

I live, knowing that even if I watched the op I’d still probably miss it.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Strange Quark posted:

if i care enough about the show where that would be meaningful to me i will often 1) hear this from someone else 2) then go back and watch them

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sometimes I skip ops/eds even when they're good. :twisted:

Especially if i'm binge watching something. After already seeing an op a couple of times in one day I don't need to see it again.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sometimes I watch OPs by themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Strange Quark posted:

didnt know squark was a fellow shaft fan