Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just think Marvelous is bad at optimizing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Switch Sports y'all??? One month?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Ooh Kirby reviews are dropping, seems promising

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What you're describing is incompetence. how deliberate it is is immaterial; doing a poo poo job because you know you don't need to do better is still doing a poo poo job

Nah the "job" isn't to make games. It's to make money and in that regard they are doing a Very Good Job. It's the exact opposite of incompetence.

Producing a better product costs money. Yes it can lead to more sales and more money but there is no guarantee of that. So for these stakeholders the safe approach that prints bills is objectively a good call.

Once again, I don't endorse or approve of any of these practices just explaining the reality of corpoland

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 23, 2022

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Oxxidation posted:

forgotten world colosseum confirmed, looking forward to what Rules of Nature lunacy this game’s superbosses will put you through

Apparently the Kirby series’s trajectory is Gurren Lagan, Kingdom Hearts/Majora, Akira

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I have a long flight tomorrow, why can't kirby come out a day early so I can play it on the plane :(

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Augus posted:

I have a long flight tomorrow, why can't kirby come out a day early so I can play it on the plane :(

I got u fam

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

chaleski posted:

Ooh Kirby reviews are dropping, seems promising

I can only imagine how short the reviews are. "It's a Kirby game. That's it, that's the review."

Like everyone already knew it would be 10/10 when it had "Kirby" in the title.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I don't need reviews to tell me a Kirby game will be good. Just look at it.:)

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Augus posted:

Depending on your flight time, you might be able to get it from the Australian eshop.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

There are no bad Kirby games

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Larryb posted:

Only games where Kirby is Bad

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Larryb posted:

No but really is there one? I'm probably going to get all the VC Kirby games even the spin-offs, on my 3DS because they are quality.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Tilt n Tumble was pretty garbage or it at least seemed like poo poo to 10 year old me with that awful control scheme, I haven't tried it in 20 years tho.

Gonna preorder the hell out of Forgotten Land when I get home from work later, Crystal Shards was my first Kirby game and I looooved it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

No but really is there one? I'm probably going to get all the VC Kirby games even the spin-offs, on my 3DS because they are quality.

There are definitely games I liked less than others (Dream Course, Tilt ‘N Tumble, Canvas Curse, Rainbow Curse) but even those at least had some enjoyable aspects in my opinion

Also not every Kirby game is available on the VC as far as I know but if all else fails there’s always emulation

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 23, 2022

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

House of the Dead remake has gyro. And 'Cowboy Mode' which I've always known as John Woo style :blastu: :zombie: :gibs:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Waffle! posted:

House of the Dead remake has gyro. And 'Cowboy Mode' which I've always known as John Woo style :blastu: :zombie: :gibs:

Switch needs more rail shooters so I’m pretty hype for this

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Larryb posted:

Team Kirby Clash. :negative:

I was looking forward to what an expanded version of that subgame would be like when I saw it in Robobot. Microtransactions was not what I wanted.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The one where you drew the path on WiiU is pretty lovely since you can't even use your loving TV and are stuck with the poo poo screen of that pad.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

man nurse posted:

Switch needs more rail shooters so I’m pretty hype for this

Same. I loved the mini revival light gun games got at home on the Wii. Wish it would happen again. Namco, give us a Point Blank Collection pls.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Araxxor posted:

Team Kirby Clash. :negative:

I was looking forward to what an expanded version of that subgame would be like. Microtransactions was not what I wanted.
Look at this idiot who didn't use promo code GEMAPPLES

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Found another bad Kirby game

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Larryb posted:

Tilt N' Tumble is bad because its not on Switch

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 23, 2022

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

If only the Switch had gyro. Oh well.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Palmtree Panic posted:

If only the Switch had gyro. Oh well.

I’m not sure if this is sarcasm or not (I’ve never played anything for the Switch that required gyro controls at least)

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Larryb posted:

I’m not sure if this is sarcasm or not (I’ve never played anything for the Switch that required gyro controls at least)

the switch very famously has gyro controls

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

They really should bring back Wario Ware Twisted

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

An Actual Princess posted:

the switch very famously has gyro controls

Ah, nevermind in that case

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Shocked no one brought up Kirby Air Ride yet. Now that Sakurai is done with Smash Bros. forever, it is truly time for Kirby Air Ride 2.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Triskelli posted:

Only games where Kirby is Bad

drat you know Kirby's cold as ice but when he reminds you it's just, drat.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Fun Times! posted:

drat you know Kirby's cold as ice but when he reminds you it's just, drat.

Kirby's Avalanche, which is canon, proves that Kirby is actually rude as hell.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Snake Maze posted:

Kirby's Avalanche, which is canon, proves that Kirby is actually rude as hell.

It’s also the only Kirby game where the titular character can actually talk properly (and apparently he’s a colossal rear end in a top hat but we knew that already)

Pungry posted:

Shocked no one brought up Kirby Air Ride yet. Now that Sakurai is done with Smash Bros. forever, it is truly time for Kirby Air Ride 2.

At the very least they could port the original as it still remains the only Kirby game I’ve never played

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 23, 2022

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Kirby Air Ride was great. City Trial was the highlight of the game.

They should make City Trial into a battle royale for Switch.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Larryb posted:

Also not every Kirby game is available on the VC as far as I know but if all else fails there’s always emulation

I need Air Ride on the Switch NOW.

dr.acula posted:

Tilt N' Tumble Air Ride is bad because its not on Switch
:colbert:

Pungry posted:

Palmtree Panic posted:

Kirby Air Ride was great. City Trial was the highlight of the game.

:yeah: And the soundtrack was so good!

What were y'alls vehicle of choice?

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Featuring Heredikirby, a game published by A64

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Midsonic

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Imagine if they actually used HD rumble and you could feel your little Kirby rolling around. 1 2 Switch should have been Nintendo themed minigames but I will allow milking the cow.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Solar Tornado posted:

Featuring Heredikirby, a game published by A64

hatty posted:

Midsonic

https://twitter.com/acestevensfilm/status/1392801954523279363?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013