Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Zurreco posted:

Looking at mock drafts and a lot of folks think that ATL won't take a QB at 7. Do people not realize that Mariota is being backed up by a QB with one attempt that ended up as an INT?

Have you heard about Suck Out Loud For CJ Stroud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Zurreco posted:

Looking at mock drafts and a lot of folks think that ATL won't take a QB at 7. Do people not realize that Mariota is being backed up by a QB with one attempt that ended up as an INT?

In the long term maybe they're better served tanking this year and getting a QB next draft. They ain't going nowhere in 2022 anyways.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What QB is worth taking at 7?

Just wait for the Bears to trade up?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Super late, but worthy of requoting for several pages later. Just an absolute domination of a catch. My super Jet fan dad, one of the loudest and most annoying loving people to watch games with because he's constantly going "FIRST DOWN! GO BABY! TOUCHDOWN! WOOOO" at the top of his lungs, I remember him uttering a very quiet "gently caress. what a catch." after that

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

shout out to the most perfunctory pass rush I've ever seen

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Was Tyreek Hill the second-most important guy on the Chiefs this morning? I say yes.

Man what a shocking trade.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

AndrewP posted:

Was Tyreek Hill the second-most important guy on the Chiefs this morning? I say yes.

Man what a shocking trade.

You can argue Kelce

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chris Jones probably?

I mean I trust Reid / Mahomes to make receivers as needed. It'll just be hard and they just might not be able to sleepwalk on defense for half the season this year.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Chris Jones probably?

I mean I trust Reid / Mahomes to make receivers as needed. It'll just be hard and they just might not be able to sleepwalk on defense for half the season this year.

They’ve had two full seasons where arguably their largest problem was no consistent second receiver though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1506734667667488779?s=20&t=auVJovJGicLt5h8Nn_0a1Q

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They’ve had two full seasons where arguably their largest problem was no consistent second receiver though.
Agreed. They havent been able to develop anyone and only had Sammy Watkins as a second guy who was wildly overpaid.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If Reid and Mahomes make the WRs, what’s Mecole Hardman’s excuse?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1506717617419177987

:lol: can't wait for Bill to sit him out of spite

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Am I crazy for thinking that Reid-led Chiefs don't have a great track record of developing receivers? They've actually only drafted seven since Reid took over in 2013.

- 2015: Chris Conley (3rd) + Da'Ron Brown (7th)
- 2016: Demarcus Robinson (4th) + Tyreek Hill (5th)
- 2017: Jehu Chesson (4th)
- 2019: Mecole Hardman (2nd)
- 2021: Cornell Powell (5th)

Obviously, Tyreek Hill developed into a star, so that's a big point in favor. Conley has been an OK third receiver his whole career. Hardman has been moderately better than Conley but underwhelming overall. Robinson has been end-of-the-roster filler his whole career. Brown and Powell didn't make the roster. Chesson made two receptions.

I would describe this as a thoroughly unremarkable track record.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

If Reid and Mahomes make the WRs, what’s Mecole Hardman’s excuse?

I hate it but it turns out Hill is actually really really good and not just very fast.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pontius Pilate posted:

What an offseason. I had already forgotten about Khalil Mack and he was traded from my hometown team to my adopted bandwagon team ~herbie~ (if you’ll have me chargers fans, I promise not to post cursed things like they’re going to win the division)

Welcome

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, that's a bad list, but I still strongly suspect their Offense is going to be fine, and that just means they'll have JuJu and likely will sign / trade for another vet WR and be fine instead of drafting a guy I guess

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Chargers will win the AFC West and then be eliminated by the Matt Ryan Colts

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lmao I just heard that apparently OBJ is saying he’s open to returning to the Browns now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think there's a good argument it was pass rush being the biggest problem (aside from the non-existent offensive line in the Super Bowl against the Bucs but that was due to injuries). Chris Jones is awesome, but he's one guy. A midseason addition of Melvin Ingram arguably saved last season since the defense unexpectedly won a few games in there,

Either way I agree there are holes in this roster that I don't like.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

kansas city implements “no manlet” policy

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lmao I just heard that apparently OBJ is saying he’s open to returning to the Browns now.

Huh, hm, huh hmmmm hh

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I feel like in the mix of stuff people have forgotten there are some solid WRs available still. If the chiefs sign Jarvis Landry or Ty Hilton and OBJ or Fuller or something by the end of the week and bang a first round pick on the best one available I wouldn't exactly be too worried about their pass catching stocks.

Even if they want to kick the tyres on some older guys there's Julio Jones and AJ Green still knockin' about. Tyreek Hill is an incredible weapon and a huge loss but I feel like Reek's game breaking plays covered up a lot of deficiencies and long term they'd be better off filling those deficiencies than thinking how can we replace this rare game breaker.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Please give us the world where OBJ signs back with them and he and Baker share a locker room for next season.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

Yeah, that's a bad list, but I still strongly suspect their Offense is going to be fine, and that just means they'll have JuJu and likely will sign / trade for another vet WR and be fine instead of drafting a guy I guess

"Fine" sucks when you've had the supernova offense for four years

Tyreek Hill was the edge that nobody else had and I think this was a mistake.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

"Fine" sucks when you've had the supernova offense for four years

Tyreek Hill was the edge that nobody else had and I think this was a mistake.

I mean, do you think it's likely the Chiefs offense won't be, let's say top 8 in scoring? Brady's done that every year since the passing rule changes for example, and he's had some baddddd offensive casts around him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

I mean, do you think it's likely the Chiefs offense won't be, let's say top 8 in scoring? Brady's done that every year since the passing rule changes for example, and he's had some baddddd offensive casts around him.

Top 8 in scoring might not win that division though that’s the issue.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Chiefs are gonna have to figure out how to field a team that can compete for divisions and Super Bowls while also paying Mahomes that half-billion dollars at some point. I feel like the thing here is, was it better to trade Hill for the two top-50 picks now or get the last year of him and take the comp pick next year, and I dunno, I feel like both arguments have merit?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Top 8 in scoring might not win that division though that’s the issue.

And the Chargers might get gashed/get too cute on 4th down in a bunch of games, Russell might be washed, and the Raiders might still be mediocre. I don't think any of those teams are like, solid locks to kick the Chiefs off the top of the mountain right now.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm glad the Chiefs continuing to win at least 15 games per year for the rest of Mahomes' career got infinitely more palatable now

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

Please give us the world where OBJ signs back with them and he and Baker share a locker room for next season.

Depending on what happens Baker would be the one throwing to him again if it gets desperate enough

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

I mean, do you think it's likely the Chiefs offense won't be, let's say top 8 in scoring?

(justin timberlake voice) you know what's cooler than being #8? being #1

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Really hoping the Chiefs manage to convince either Lockett or Metcalf out of Seattle.

Also please let Clark go to rinse the rest of the domestic violence off the team, thanks

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Omnikin posted:

Super late, but worthy of requoting for several pages later. Just an absolute domination of a catch. My super Jet fan dad, one of the loudest and most annoying loving people to watch games with because he's constantly going "FIRST DOWN! GO BABY! TOUCHDOWN! WOOOO" at the top of his lungs, I remember him uttering a very quiet "gently caress. what a catch." after that

The video doesn't even do it justice. That's casually catching a ball with one hand in full pads 40 yards down the field. I couldn't do that with a nerf football 5 yards away.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AndrewP posted:

(justin timberlake voice) you know what's cooler than being #8? being #1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cGZa-yf8vMU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think Baker gets traded during the Draft or sits next year and signs somewhere for a 1 or 2 year deal to prove himself.

Detroit still has Goff right? I mean…you know….John Dorsey drafted him

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bet DJ moore feels stupid

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

good luck replacing this in any shape or fashion

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1506654117703434245

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

People are really underestimating what a rare player Tyreek hill is and I can't believe the Chiefs couldn't make it work somehow

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Random twitter link but I appreciate it
https://twitter.com/wellsy_07/status/1506716072111742983?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just got my email from the Browns saying that they landed Pro Bowl QB Deshaun Watson and have a link for me to buy season tickets.

And then there's 5 links contained further down:
"5 things to know about WR Amari Cooper"
"5 things to know about DE Chase Winovich"
"5 things to know about Pro Bowl returner Jakeem Grant"
"5 things to know about DT Taven Bryan"
"Browns trade for QB Deshaun Watson"

:lol:

You don't want to tell me 5 things to know about Watson???