Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
What a lackluster, boring episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I like more lipsynchs but I don't understand. Everyone did so bad in snatch game so... we'll wait two episodes to eliminate a single queen instead of eliminating one queen per episode as is standard? This seems like the opposite of the point.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I've wanted a Luther lipsync for so long. :allears:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Starting to think Daya just has an ugly personality

It's also amazing how Bosco managed to lipsync exactly the same 3 times in a row (strut around, do a couple stripper moves, flick hair and flail arms around a bit) and somehow managed to win the third time doing the same thing because Jasmine's track record couldn't justify her remaining on the show. I don't know why production is so protective of Bosco considering she has like zero TV chemistry with anyone else on the show and doesn't do anything aside like, at all.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Read After Burning posted:

I've wanted a Luther lipsync for so long. :allears:

song hit me right in the emotions

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

gandlethorpe posted:

Well, they went home, so it might matter quite a bit to the judges

true! but unlike wigs and shoes coming off, they haven't made it clear it's a losing move

I am in the camp of people who found that episode entertaining, despite not liking other similar Oops All Lipsyncs episodes.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Eej posted:

Starting to think Daya just has an ugly personality

It's also amazing how Bosco managed to lipsync exactly the same 3 times in a row (strut around, do a couple stripper moves, flick hair and flail arms around a bit) and somehow managed to win the third time doing the same thing because Jasmine's track record couldn't justify her remaining on the show. I don't know why production is so protective of Bosco considering she has like zero TV chemistry with anyone else on the show and doesn't do anything aside like, at all.

I thought Bosco plainly beat Willow and that it wasn’t close, so the fact that Bosco should have lost the others didn’t bother me as much.

These episodes are awful because production has such a heavy hand. Talking heads come in and say who production is going to have win. They cut away when someone they want to lose is doing well.

Here, if I’m just looking at the lip sync, I don’t see how Willow won. I like Willow. I’m glad she’s around. But any sense of fairness was gone after that lipsync.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Bushido Brown posted:

I thought Bosco plainly beat Willow and that it wasn’t close, so the fact that Bosco should have lost the others didn’t bother me as much.

These episodes are awful because production has such a heavy hand. Talking heads come in and say who production is going to have win. They cut away when someone they want to lose is doing well.

Here, if I’m just looking at the lip sync, I don’t see how Willow won. I like Willow. I’m glad she’s around. But any sense of fairness was gone after that lipsync.

I can't say Willow plainly won over Bosco but I also thought Willow did very well? Willow's hitting the beats and giving off a fitting subdued and effortless vibe for the song. I thought it was close. Like Bosco herself said it's not a song that needs bells and whistles.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Re: Uk Drag Race

I have such a hige crush on Tia Kofi

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Re: Uk Drag Race

I have such a hige crush on Tia Kofi

:yeah:

I can't wait for Tia's All-Stars-type return.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Looking back at the episode, that seemed like a lot of effort just to send home the queen who probably would have went home last week if they had done a normal lip sync.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

big dyke energy posted:

Looking back at the episode, that seemed like a lot of effort just to send home the queen who probably would have went home last week if they had done a normal lip sync.

This is what I'm saying!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

big dyke energy posted:

It's because it was all planned before the season even started. They have a specific number of episodes they have to produce that are ordered by VH1 each season. I suspect they liked the lip sync off in the season premiere last season, but the fans universally loathed the way they handled it, so they decided to try change it up this season.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I much preferred this episode to some of the other ones this season. I get the exhaustion and lack of eliminations so far, but if we were to get an episode a season where the Queens get to show off what they do in the clubs each week I'll be happy. Plus, it removes a lot of the "surprise" advantage that someone who never had to lsfyl would get in the Final because everything they did would be new.

And yet...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwXjAimuphA&t=1355s

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/dragdollco/status/1505694741282783233?s=21

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

The only thing that would have made the episode better would have been Jasmine opening a golden bar.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I definitely think they planned a lip sync tournament from the beginning, but the part about doing it after a challenge nearly everyone bombed was unplanned. With lip syncs becoming more and more involved with crowning a winner, I think they don't want anyone reaching the end without proving their chops.

iceyman posted:

The only thing that would have made the episode better would have been Jasmine opening a golden bar.

The Daya meltdown would've been iconic

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
it feels like the lip sync tournament was a way for the producers to see which queen who hadnt lipsynced yet would need the golden ticket most

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I went to Trixie and Katya's live show last night and it was pretty great! I expected it to be more like Uhnnnnnn and it really wasn't, so if you're going be prepared for that. Also the sound was a little off. Otherwise it was a great show, stupid as hell but fun and entertaining. My grandma was supppsed to go with me since also loved them but she died in October so it was just me by myself.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
my favorite part of season 14 is the sad trombone sound effect in a walk

i propose we call the obvious fuckery of the chocolate bar chekhov's gia gunn

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I went to Trixie and Katya's live show last night and it was pretty great! I expected it to be more like Uhnnnnnn and it really wasn't, so if you're going be prepared for that. Also the sound was a little off. Otherwise it was a great show, stupid as hell but fun and entertaining. My grandma was supppsed to go with me since also loved them but she died in October so it was just me by myself.

Going in September --- which is insane if they are touring that long. :lol:

I wanted to meet them but they are charging out the rear end for it.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Zvahl posted:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Zvahl posted:

I love the theoretical :siren:28%:siren: chance that the chocolate bar is held by a queen that's going to make it to the top 4

But of course that isn't going to happen, it's going to show up at a pinnacle dramatic moment because :jerkbag:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Zvahl posted:

:perfect:

In fact, how do we shrink it for a new thread title?

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > Drag Race 2022: i propose we call the chocolate bar chekhov's gia gunn ?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Pinwiz11 posted:

:perfect:

In fact, how do we shrink it for a new thread title?

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > Drag Race 2022: i propose we call the chocolate bar chekhov's gia gunn ?

I think just Chekhov's Gia Gunn would work

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Bimini's UK Hun? verse nominated for a Virgin Media BAFTA TV Award

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

They also nominated a scene from Its a Sin. I'm not one normally to cry, but that show had me full on ugly crying, especially in the final episode. I was absolutely sobbing, tears streaming down my face.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Kerri, Alyssa, Jorgeous, and Billy Porter helped open last night's IHeartRadio awards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33RugefufFQ

Naysha Lopez, April Carrión, Morgan McMichaels, Kimora Blac, Jessica Wild, Mariah Balenciaga, and Laganja Estranja also appeared. :allears:

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

what’s the thread’s prediction for top 4? to me Angeria, Willow, and Camden seem like guaranteed ins (whether by chocolate meddling or not) but that last slot could conceivably be any of the other 3. were Kornbread healthy I am almost certain it would have been her but my heart wants to say Jorgeous because I don’t see her losing any non-ballad lipsync

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

MizuZero posted:

what’s the thread’s prediction for top 4? to me Angeria, Willow, and Camden seem like guaranteed ins (whether by chocolate meddling or not) but that last slot could conceivably be any of the other 3. were Kornbread healthy I am almost certain it would have been her but my heart wants to say Jorgeous because I don’t see her losing any non-ballad lipsync

In a fair and just world it would probably be Bosco but who are we kidding they're going to launch Deja right to the top as always.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

MizuZero posted:

I think Angeria and Willow are locks, and I'd expect Daya to make it because it makes for a better finale... then I don't know. I'd assume it's Bosco v Camden for the final spot, but as you said Jorgeous could survive via lsfyl alone.

Bolt Yaride
Oct 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Daya Betty is the worst name since Electra Fence

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Poulpe posted:

In a fair and just world it would probably be Bosco but who are we kidding they're going to launch Deja right to the top as always.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Poulpe posted:

Deja owns.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Zvahl posted:

my favorite part of season 14 is the sad trombone sound effect in a walk

It's the loving among us noise. Every single time they reveal the drat chocolate bar they play the among us noise. It's one of many things driving me insane about this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekL881PJMjI

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Poulpe posted:

They seemed to do all they could to deny her a win until it was unavoidable, so I don't think we have a Silky/Sherry/Kandy situation here. Not that I would mind. She's a lot more likeable than they were.

Pretty sure Bosco will round out the top 4. I like her, but honestly her two challenge wins were iffy, leading me to believe she has production fave status.

Daya in the top 4 would be fun to see, ngl.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
I hope hope HOPE think that Daya has the golden ticket.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'll be happy with any Top 4 from this remaining seven.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I'm honestly surprised Deja made it this far. Not because of her talent or any lack thereof!

If I remember right, her MtQ was pretty much "I dunno, winning would be nice, but I'm kinda just here to make myself proud and have fun" and we know Rupaul HATES that poo poo. She wants someone who acts like winning RPDR is all they want in life, not someone who is like "Idk, hope I win?"

(This is not a dig at Deja. In fact, I prefer a contestant where I don't have to worry that their mental health will come crashing down due to getting eliminated.)

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm happy that Northern California is getting repped by two queens this season and they're both making it pretty far. Deja had me at her Fallin' lip sync ages ago, and Camden had me intrigued just based on her promo look. I was worried Camden was gonna be an early out based on her lack of prominence in promo vids, so I'm thrilled to be wrong about that.