Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had all of that caffeine and now I'm tired.

edit: new page, here's a meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Coffee shits are living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

My coffee this morning made me do TWO shits!!!

I used to drink three morning coffees and have three shits. Now I still drink three morning coffees but have only one poo poo. I attribute it to overeating less.

Coffee is more important than food.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

edit: new page, here's a meme

The result of the ritual:

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 22, 2022

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

realtalk my sister and I thought this particular garfield comic strip written and illustrate by one the illustrious jim davis was the funniest poo poo in the world for a brief period of time when I was a kid

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I have a pot in my fridge for tomorrow. I am dousing my coffee with oatmilk and ice now.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Zeluth posted:

I have a pot in my fridge for tomorrow. I am dousing my coffee with oatmilk and ice now.

If you pour cold black coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze, you will have ice cubes that don't dilute your iced coffee.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
it's second monday. crankin up that coffee grinder

run out of milk guess its black coffee today. :thumbsup:

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
i was in an airbnb last week and it had an induction cooktop so it wasn't possible to use my brikka mokapot. I had to use their nespresso machine and my god did that coffee taste like absolute burnt piss. Over the week I tried a few different "flavours" of pods and they all tasted like the same burnt piss. As far as I could tell the machine was basically new so no unwanted flavours from lack of care. gently caress it made me so angry.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

it's second monday. crankin up that coffee grinder

run out of milk guess its black coffee today. :thumbsup:

I always keep a stock of powdered milk for emergency use.

other people posted:

i was in an airbnb last week and it had an induction cooktop so it wasn't possible to use my brikka mokapot. I had to use their nespresso machine and my god did that coffee taste like absolute burnt piss. Over the week I tried a few different "flavours" of pods and they all tasted like the same burnt piss. As far as I could tell the machine was basically new so no unwanted flavours from lack of care. gently caress it made me so angry.

It's nice to know I'm not missing out by not buying pod machine coffee. I only get my coffee from one if I'm out, pining for coffee such that cola won't do for a caffeine hit, and I'm so rushed that I can't go to a proper coffee place and have to resort to 7-Eleven etc. coffee. So not often.

I've heard that the pods are typically have a very high percentage of sugar syrup in the mix. Probably way more than the amount of actual coffee.

Edit: A small gas camping stove might save your rear end in situations like that AirBnB. Just don't use it indoors, except maybe right by an open window, as they spit out carbon monoxide.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Mar 22, 2022

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3JSbOt7CLo

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I have to say I would have rather just brewed fresh this morrowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UaJAnnipkY

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 22, 2022

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

News services have been reporting coffee prices will soon increase by about 1.5-2 times, due to crop shortages or something. Prices in coffee shops and of the bean/ground/instant will all rise, all coffee.

So I bought up big by mail order. This arrived today:

All up 4,250 grams, or 9.37 pounds, of fair trade coffee (and some fair trade drinking chocolate too). Heheh, gently caress you, high coffee prices!

Don't worry, I won't drink it all at once then post here.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This is what happens when all you want is a caramel frappe.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
lol pre-ground coffee :barf:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BigBadSteve posted:

News services have been reporting coffee prices will soon increase by about 1.5-2 times, due to crop shortages or something. Prices in coffee shops and of the bean/ground/instant will all rise, all coffee.

All up 4,250 grams, or 9.37 pounds, of fair trade coffee (and some fair trade drinking chocolate too). Heheh, gently caress you, high coffee prices!

Lol preground. Do you like ketchup on your steak too

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

Yes, designer ketchup, in moderation.

$@#% coffee snobs. It has a use by date like 4 years away. Sounds pretty drat fresh to me!

naem
May 29, 2011

BigBadSteve posted:

I could see a lot of food prices increasing similarly with instability caused by climate change etc over the next decade, basic necessities could take up a much larger percentage of a household’s budget

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

other people posted:

lol pre-ground coffee :barf:

I invested in a grinder last year and it's pretty nice.

When I'm lazy I still use Aldi instant coffee. :colbert:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

sippin a folgers on a wednesday

weekend is in sight

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I invested in a grinder last year and it's pretty nice.

I got a burr grinder and ceramic pourover for xmas last year. I've tried going back to instant but I just... can't

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
my gf uses instant coffee b/c she doesn't want to work out how to use my coffee machine. should i sever

once she tried to use kitchen roll as a makeshift coffee filter because she ran out of instant (again rather than trying to use the coffee machine)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

naem posted:

I could see a lot of food prices increasing similarly with instability caused by climate change etc over the next decade, basic necessities could take up a much larger percentage of a household’s budget
Land that is good for growing coffee is expected to shrink by up to 50% by 2050 due to climate change.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Peggy Edson posted:

a buddy of mine owns a roastery and wholesales me beans. I just have them grind it... I buy a few pounds at a time. my secret shame is that I prefer the coffee a couple days after it's ground. plus I'm drinking a dark roast.

but I take my steaks blue. :coal:

once she tried to use kitchen roll as a makeshift coffee filter because she ran out of instant (again rather than trying to use the coffee machine)

I've done that when I've run out of pourover filters but jeez.

more non-instant coffee for you this way.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

what about the monster energy crops?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I got a burr grinder and ceramic pourover for xmas last year. I've tried going back to instant but I just... can't

I use the burr grinder (it's inexpensive and messy) and a french press. I still add that sugar free Coffee Mate creamer in it. I used to drink black coffee but I like creamer in it now.

The instant stuff is surprisingly good... for instant. It's from Aldi and was like $1.79 or something ridiculous. I just use it when I'm really lazy and don't want to do the french press.

I think I'll have a Costco cold brew today. I'll put it over ice and add milk and Stevia.

my gf uses instant coffee b/c she doesn't want to work out how to use my coffee machine. should i sever

What's kitchen roll? And how did she try to use it as a coffee filter but not use a machine? Like, just pour water over it into a cup?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

interwhat posted:

Say eXpresso one more time, fucker

Despite knowing better, I somehow made that mistake. I'm loosing my memory so bad its rediculous.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Morning time for the AeroPress to make me want to be alive

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

numberoneposter posted:

its monday and its time to get highly caffeinated and just make it through the day

Gj numberoneposter this is why your number one

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I use the burr grinder (it's inexpensive and messy) and a french press. I still add that sugar free Coffee Mate creamer in it. I used to drink black coffee but I like creamer in it now.

The instant stuff is surprisingly good... for instant. It's from Aldi and was like $1.79 or something ridiculous. I just use it when I'm really lazy and don't want to do the french press.

I think I'll have a Costco cold brew today. I'll put it over ice and add milk and Stevia.

What's kitchen roll? And how did she try to use it as a coffee filter but not use a machine? Like, just pour water over it into a cup?

If you're coffee mate, just stick with the instant coffee; it's cheaper and you won't taste it anyway with the creamer.

Kitchen roll is what we would call paper towels.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Creamer will make me do a watery poo poo because of the weird stuff it's got in it

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I did a crazy poop yesterday lol you shoulda seen

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

binge crotching posted:

Kitchen roll is what we would call paper towels.

Jesus lol. Just use a drat coffee filter at least.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

TheSpamalope posted:

Morning time for the AeroPress to make me want to be alive

the aeropress is a stalwart companion

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna make s coffee

First the bean grinder eats the beans and then vomits them out again so we can extract the juices from the bean pieces

The chunks go into the AeroPress for extracion

The aero guy goes on a cup to receive the big bounty of coffee

Now you got a proper gently caress you coffee right there that coffee is big for sure

Thanks for checkin out my coffee life!!!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Just what I need; more devices to fill my countertop. How will this fit next to my toaster, instant-pot, air fryer and my dish haver, Mr Coffee?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

sure could go for another coffee right now

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Zeluth posted:

Just what I need; more devices to fill my countertop. How will this fit next to my toaster, instant-pot, air fryer and my dish haver, Mr Coffee?

put it on top of the fridge

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kntfkr posted:

put it on top of the fridge

Oh my god! Don't go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Is a French press a little or a lot better than a drop coffee maker?