Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Yorn has the best ending though, you gotta complete the weapon forging. It’s worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kaysette posted:

Yorn has the best ending though, you gotta complete the weapon forging. It’s worth it.

The only cutscene I've gone back and replayed in the memory room.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The Destroyer is supposed to come out early April, based on the unofficial, leaked roadmap and while I suppose they are retooling things based on, uh... "feedback" they got, I can't imagine them not pushing out the official, revised roadmap by then, along with whatever they got for April update. The fallout would be simply too great, IMHO.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea the only difference to the leaked roadmap should be more classes and likely a month or more delay on Valtan. We were going to get South Vern and Valtan at the same time in the leaked one, but I expect those to be two different patches now like they were in other regions.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Lt. Lizard posted:

The Destroyer is supposed to come out early April, based on the unofficial, leaked roadmap and while I suppose they are retooling things based on, uh... "feedback" they got, I can't imagine them not pushing out the official, revised roadmap by then, along with whatever they got for April update. The fallout would be simply too great, IMHO.
There's a pretty good chance they'll give a T2 power pass with the new class release to entice people to come back & to give a free alt to people.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hefty posted:

Yeah, I mean if these were new classes that’d be one thing, but we’ve all see or even played them. It’s such a transparent ~*engagement*~ strategy, which makes it even more annoying.

They’re presumably going to continue creating new classes in KR for similar reasons, so idk why they’d risk pissing people off by arbitrarily limiting the roster for us. I’m legit considering going through the rigamarole of reinstalling the RU client just to get some games in on scouter/lancemaster.

Is it even possible to play on RU server right now, even with a VPN?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Meskhenet posted:

So is this game really mouse click to move.

in 2022 ityool?

LOOOL.

i want my 3 minutes back.

Use a controller, it's fine. (and better, imo)

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Elephunk posted:

Yeah I quit as soon as I got to Yorn I had to stop having fun and do the G button again

Exactly where I dropped off too (Elden Ring launch didn't help though.)

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
After seeing the material prices crash into nothingness I decided to just move on and upgrade my gear instead of selling them. It must be my lucky day or something because I am just getting success after success. Even at 30% success I only managed to get 2 fails out of 10 and I skyrocketed to 1350 ilevel now with materials leftover. I haven't seen success rates this good since T1. With the big injection of materials coming tomorrow I wonder how close I can get to 1370.

On another note patch notes are out. https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/march-24-weekly-update-2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SkyeAuroline posted:

Speaking of the loading times, wtf is the deal with how long it takes models and textures to pop in? I can go play, say, RDR2 and have every single model and texture loaded instantly with no issues, but I've timed north of a minute for parts of Vern to finish loading when I enter the zone. There's no way an SSD is too weak for it, and on mid settings 8GB VRAM has to be plenty for poo poo to be loading properly. What's the deal? Are they trying to stream all the textures or something stupid despite having a local install? I'm just thankful it rarely (but not never) happens with hostiles, even if it does happen with quest essential NPCs constantly like the Lopang recipients.

It's because it's Unreal Engine 3, famous for its streaming asset issues

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Is it even possible to play on RU server right now, even with a VPN?

turns out yeah

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Velveteen posted:

After seeing the material prices crash into nothingness I decided to just move on and upgrade my gear instead of selling them. It must be my lucky day or something because I am just getting success after success. Even at 30% success I only managed to get 2 fails out of 10 and I skyrocketed to 1350 ilevel now with materials leftover. I haven't seen success rates this good since T1. With the big injection of materials coming tomorrow I wonder how close I can get to 1370.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/tjjewg/im_the_luckiest_man_alive/

Huh, curious how that steam account tie-in will handle bots/gold spam.

Edit: Just to add, if you haven't done so, try re-running some quests with an alt using the kr voice over dlc turned on (you'll need to go into settings and change voice to korean as well for it to be enabled). It really does change the game. As an example, the una taxi mission has passenger chat that is excited while the english has a bunch of bored/tired people.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 24, 2022

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I finished the two T3 abyssal dungeons before reset and wow they are so much better than T1-T2. You don't have oppressive mechanics where if you fail a stagger check you instantly get explode and die. Or if someone eats an extra sword or miss an orb. If you miss a stagger it just gets enraged. If you mess up stars or something only you die and you can watch shamefully from the ground as the rest of the team tries to complete the boss without you. I guess there are some instant wipe mechanics but its lenient and fair. Oreha Preveza's final boss fight is my favorite as its the right amount of chaotic and difficulty.

Also I should point out that people in T3's skill level has gone way up since I was playing around in T2 and seeing people constantly fail to dodge attacks in the underwater abyssal dungeons. I ran both of these with matchmaking and was able to clear both of them in a relatively short time with just a couple wipes on each respective dungeon's final boss. Everyone knew their mechanics by watching a guide or were willing to listen when explained to.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think the story would improve if there was an option to kill Beatrice and take the Arks for my own use.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

attack and dethrone the big tiddy angel

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

i've hit 1070 and i'm definitely feeling the pain with getting to 1100. knowing t3 is 10x worse makes me feel sad lol. t2 guardians and abyssals have not been very fun but i've heard that gets better.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I love how bosses whip around to look at you when you taunt them. I always imaging they're going "THE gently caress YOU SAY?"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaysette posted:

attack and dethrone the big tiddy angel

I bet she is a villain this entire time.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Everybody here knows about azure wind island and the ridiculous amount of t2 honing mats it gives right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

yeti friend posted:

Everybody here knows about azure wind island and the ridiculous amount of t2 honing mats it gives right?

Pro tip either print or open the map in paint and cross all the quests off you’ve done. It’s about 30 or so and they aren’t marked on the map at all lol

Also it does give a lot of mats but not nearly enough to get even close to 1100 lol

It’s a pretty fun island though just have the map up so you don’t get frustrated looking for the one last horse.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I don't think anyone's claimed it will get you to 1100? It's certainly going to get you pretty far at least though, especially in combination with the other islands that give mats.

I brought it up because I talked to a couple people today that hadn't heard of it. It's not exactly advertised very well in game.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

MarcusSA posted:

open the map in paint and cross all the quests off you’ve done

yes, definitely do this! i was almost done with it but i forgot i needed the harmony island song which has never dropped for me.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

JuffoWup posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/tjjewg/im_the_luckiest_man_alive/

Huh, curious how that steam account tie-in will handle bots/gold spam.

"Trusted" status on a Steam account requires 30 days after making a purchase, so you can't just roll a new one and hook a bot up to it right away. Seemingly the changes won't affect the chatspam, but they will hit the actual "RMT" process of it a bit.

Estel
May 4, 2010

explosivo posted:

I love how bosses whip around to look at you when you taunt them. I always imaging they're going "THE gently caress YOU SAY?"

It's even better when you do it while they are jumping or charging.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Edit: NM, late night broke brain

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Mar 24, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

yeti friend posted:

It's also worth starting to do the anguished isle roster-wide daily that's not an una task in T2. That way you can slam through the dungeon a bunch of times in T3.

Also, alts can rebuy the t2 leapstone boxes from the vendor. So every t3 alt gets 50 leapstones to hand down to t2 alts.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Yeah don’t put off Anguished Isle any later than you can. Same with the purification daily Una Task in Punika. Omnium stars are no joke. Im at 5/6 currently since Moake hasn’t dropped his for me yet in 5-6 kills.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Pro tip either print or open the map in paint and cross all the quests off you’ve done. It’s about 30 or so and they aren’t marked on the map at all lol

http://lostarkmap.com/ is what I use, can go along and mark each quest as completed (good for mokoko seeds as well, and good for the mini book quests too - can click the next button to see where the next book is located to see if it's worth it or not).

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

I bet she is a villain this entire time.

Of course she is, we're bringing her all the arks and she doesn't have to lift a finger

I finished Rohendel yesterday so I was able to do the second set of t1 abyss dungeons yesterday. Very cool stuff, super unforgiving. I can see why they would be roadblocks for folks. Despite lucking into an armin card drop on the first one I may just skip those in subsequent weeks, which is a shame because that dungeon as a whole is amazing.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Tortolia posted:

Of course she is, we're bringing her all the arks and she doesn't have to lift a finger

I finished Rohendel yesterday so I was able to do the second set of t1 abyss dungeons yesterday. Very cool stuff, super unforgiving. I can see why they would be roadblocks for folks. Despite lucking into an armin card drop on the first one I may just skip those in subsequent weeks, which is a shame because that dungeon as a whole is amazing.

So far the phantom king fight out of the second of those dungeons is the only fight in the game I've done that I really didn't like. There are a few fights in T2 that also have "do this or wipe" mechanics but they are much easier to explain than the phantom king swords.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
servers up. 1.5gb update

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

So far the phantom king fight out of the second of those dungeons is the only fight in the game I've done that I really didn't like. There are a few fights in T2 that also have "do this or wipe" mechanics but they are much easier to explain than the phantom king swords.

Yeah it seemed very sensitive in terms of timing, weirdly so for a t1 fight.

Thankfully someone else in my group was more obvious in their screwups so my noob rear end didn't get called out when I wiped us by looking at the wrong debuff/buff timer. :v:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you have decent stagger you only really need one person who actually knows the timing. The first person to go in doesn't need to care, and the last two people can just be told to not get hit until the mechanic is over.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if anyone plans on going in on ranked at anything above a casual level, i strongly recommend playing either sorc, deathblade, paladin or bard. i played a decent amount of unranked (15-20ish hours) and don't think it's worth anyone's time to push with anything else.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Checking RMT sites this morning just to see what happened, and it does indeed look like Amazon absolutely reamed the gently caress out of bots this morning. The gold prices skyrocketed. 20,000 gold is now $120, where previously it was $15 for 30,000 gold.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Christ, the new event is tough. My team of randos didn't all know some basics about the fights (break nacrasena's tail.. please...) but after 20 minutes only had 2 bosses downed and the third at ~5% when time ran out. At no point were we in trouble and felt like we were just wailing on the bosses for the whole time. I need to go back in with my friends because I think you really need to focus down one boss at a time. Feels even more like Monster Hunter now though with the multiple bosses showing up at once lol.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

yeah it's pretty fun. we were getting wailed on my two bosses at once for a bit but one person kept pinging the primary target. it's definitely a lot of HP to chew through with randos but i got lucky this time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol the pvp grind for currency is going to be brutal. If you just get completely wrecked in it, the game will be like, gently caress you no rewards. :blastu:

Khorne
May 1, 2002
first impression of the update: hello, yes, I am receiving too many free mats please take some back

other impression: event guardian is kinda boring because it's mega undertuned. It's kinda fun fighting two at once, but they do no damage and all 3 die in 5 minutes.

pvp vendor: oh no I'm only grade 6 from doing my weekly and need to be grade 1 to buy anything

Jabor posted:

If you have decent stagger you only really need one person who actually knows the timing. The first person to go in doesn't need to care, and the last two people can just be told to not get hit until the mechanic is over.
Don't even need this. Let a berserker, or soon destroyer -- the true stagger king, go first and the stagger check will be over before second sword even has time to grab it. :getin:

or hope you have a competent player who will toss 1-2 stagger abilities before kiting the sword to help out the first person. Most classes can do at least 1/6 the stagger bar before swords spawn & without grabbing a sword. Some can't because they have real bad stagger.

The real pain here is the mechanic isn't explained correctly in the guides out there. The strategy provided sucks, too, because if you put a bad stagger on 1 you're going to wipe to the stagger check before 4th sword even grabs the sword. And then a bunch of clueless people are going to yell at swords, 1 is going to fight about having their priority switched, blabla. People are the worst.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, as Gunlancer that stagger check was usually something I handled on my own. :v: