Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I don't mean for this to sound offensive so I hope it doesn't come across that way but if you really genuinely feel this way you should talk to someone. That level of self-loathing and depression is not a good place to be. If you're worried about cost or anything there are a lot of free options especially for people with autism where you can at least discuss things. I'm not going to tell you you're wrong for how you feel about yourself but I really hope you at least don't have to come at it from a place of thinking that you suck for how you were born.

I second this honestly. The self loathing is pretty upsetting and I hope OP comes to term with it in a peaceful manner. Wanting people on the autism spectrum to be 'fixed and normal' does not end with only autism, but everyone else who does not fit the racist and phobic definition of normal.

Also vic Mignonga sucks pig balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

People have the right to bodily self determination, and i imagine there are a number of people with autism or other neurodivergant conditions who wish there were a tablet or a therapy or something that could make them neurotypical. This is no less valid than the people who think that their differences are a gift and wouldn't take said "cure", and its kinda bad that both sides seem to be telling the other that theyre wrong and bad.

Also i will say that telling the guy who says he doesn't like being autistic to stop hating himself and seek therapy comes off as more condescending than you think.

Also this is adtrw

Namtab fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 26, 2021

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Namtab posted:

So about that vic. What an rear end in a top hat right guys

I don't like em, Namtab. To be honest I think they suck.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I don't like em, Namtab. To be honest I think they suck.

:hi5: :same: :hmmyes:

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
So another Texas VA is revealed to be a shithead. If this keeps up sooner or later we'll be left with Sabat voicing everyone again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Namtab posted:

People have the right to bodily self determination, and i imagine there are a number of people with autism or other neurodivergant conditions who wish there were a tablet or a therapy or something that could make them neurotypical. This is no less valid than the people who think that their differences are a gift and wouldn't take said "cure", and its kinda bad that both sides seem to be telling the other that theyre wrong and bad.

This isn't really the case. The idea of a magic pill that fixes all your problems is a fantasy and always will be a fantasy. The world doesn't work that way. It is never actually going to be a thing. You shouldn't be telling people that it is okay to hate themselves and hate who they are. This isn't limited to autism and the same viewpoint is used to extremely harmful effect for other non-standard people. It isn't one people are willing to sit by and accept because it begins and ends at the view of "There is something wrong with you that needs to be fixed" and that viewpoint always leads to abuse in the long run.

It's absolutely 100% okay to wish that your life was easier because everyone does. But if someone is in a position where they hate themselves that isn't the same thing and it's a genuinely dangerous viewpoint to go "Well it's okay to hate yourself."

Namtab posted:

Also i will say that telling the guy who says he doesn't like being autistic to stop hating himself and seek therapy comes off as more condescending than you think.

Literally anyone saying anything but "sucks dude" comes off as condescending if someone wants to read it that way. People should not hate themselves and if that's a condescending thing to say then so be it.

dungeon cousin posted:

So another Texas VA is revealed to be a shithead. If this keeps up sooner or later we'll be left with Sabat voicing everyone again.

You mean he doesn't already?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

dungeon cousin posted:

I'll take it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

value-brand cereal posted:

I second this honestly. The self loathing is pretty upsetting and I hope OP comes to term with it in a peaceful manner. Wanting people on the autism spectrum to be 'fixed and normal' does not end with only autism, but everyone else who does not fit the racist and phobic definition of normal.

Also vic Mignonga sucks pig balls.

So you're saying that their self-loathing is "wrong" and should be "cured" by dramatically changing the way they think?

Like, I agree that no one should be forced to take a pill that changes who they are, but it's a simple fact that some conditions make people feel unhappy, and everyone should be able to pursue their own happiness. And if those conditions are due to chemicals in your brain one option for pursuing happiness might be to take other chemicals.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 26, 2021

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

not to downplay the importance of the discussion but surely there's a better thread somewhere for it

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Agent Escalus posted:

You'd still exist, life would presumably just be easier for you.

Oh, sure, the morally-impaired (that is to say, neurotypical) population would surely go out of their way to be more accommodating once they successfully removed autistics from the gene pool.

Incidentally, I also have a bridge to sell you, if you're interested.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hi all,

While I do understand that this is a very important and sensitive topic for a lot of people where, I also agree that it's pretty off topic for this thread at this point and that there's definitely better threads to discuss the issue on SA. Let's pivot back to Vic and co news.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Indeed. Thanks Ibblebibble.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

dungeon cousin posted:

Get Sung Won ProZD some more work.

Pros: He's good.
He's not a legally recognized piece of poo poo like Vic

Cons:
Vic would be a con if there was justice in this world but criminal prosecution is really tough

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im very hype for something to actually happen with this case

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Vic Mignogna tried to sneak into Los Angeles Comic Con and they found out he was intending to do so.
https://twitter.com/MichaelToole/status/1466407782257770501
https://twitter.com/comicconla/status/1466871610791628805

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Piell posted:

Vic Mignogna tried to sneak into Los Angeles Comic Con and they found out he was intending to do so.
https://twitter.com/MichaelToole/status/1466407782257770501
https://twitter.com/comicconla/status/1466871610791628805

https://twitter.com/MichaelToole/status/1466789352357478406?t=vBaEYlpzq1LXRNXp30rT8g&s=19

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

the nft thing and minogna both suck

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The duality of cons

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's pros and cons

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Christ, imagine flying out to Atlanta, a city you don't live in on a weekend that there is a con you were not invited to to do something like this.

Like, what goes through your head as you are taking time out of your life to do something like this?

Fake edit: speaking more about the AWA thing because I just found out about it :stonklol:

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Happy Landfill posted:

Christ, imagine flying out to Atlanta, a city you don't live in on a weekend that there is a con you were not invited to to do something like this.

Like, what goes through your head as you are taking time out of your life to do something like this?

"I am entitled to this, and actually people love me being there, and this is all those SJWs' faults, but once I get there and announce it, everyone will welcome me with open arms.

Also I have way more of Mommy's money than I know what to do with, and she loves me and says I'm a special boy."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I wanna hope there's a reason behind that guy's username and it's not *just* two numbers transposed from being a blatant nazi dogwhistle to be a slightly more subtle dogwhistle but I know better.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it's the booth that invited him

they sell anime figurines

i guess they were just trying to secure an existence

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

gently caress all the haters I would totally dump zaurg amounts of money into this if I could just for giggleshits

yes I know I would never see that money again. yes I know that a far better and more responsible use for that money would be to burn it all in an oil drum. no I don't even give a gently caress

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

There's hoes and coins

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Some YouTube video in my recommended feed from a guy called "Just Stop" reminded me of this whole trial and all its bullshit. It amazes me how many lovely people still go "oh, it's heartbreaking what happened to Vic." The class of people who see sexual assault and are more worried about "what if I get falsely accused, which happens once in a blue moon" and not "oh, those poor victims" are some of the worst scum.

gently caress Vic.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial have started a podcast about their experiences during all this:

https://wewillbeintouch.com/podcast/1-we-dont-even-know-beyonce/

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
imma listen to it right now

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial have started a podcast about their experiences during all this:

Do the CHUDs think Beyonce actually cares about voice actors?

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Jumping in to say this is a very good listen. Highly recommended to anyone in the thread.

vvv Cancelled with TWO L's!

SnakesRevenge fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 12, 2022

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I enjoyed the part where they summarized the filing in a mocking baby "Vic" voice.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
Vic Mignogna has gotten himself a great idea.

What if - he flies to Moldova and ministers to Ukrainian refugees? Maybe even records a cameo from the border, that'd be fun.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Exercu posted:

What if - he flies to Moldova and ministers to Ukrainian refugees? Maybe even records a cameo from the border, that'd be fun.

Mr. Putin please, we beg of you.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Exercu posted:

Please tell me this is an actual thing that happened

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I trust him arguably even less with young refugee girls than the race war guy

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

I. M. Gei posted:

I want to believe

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

I. M. Gei posted:

It sure is. Last night on stream he said that he'd be getting on a plane this morning.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/781024103657111587/956349415373819954/RPReplay_Final1648079788.mov

(sorry I only have it as a discord link rn, one of my friends was ripping it from his stream)

Exercu fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 24, 2022

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I can’t remember which video but a recent Fundie Fridays (channel that breaks down mainly Christian cults and figureheads) featured a group that does this sort of thing and the reality is they barely do any kind of charitable, helpful, meaningful actions in areas of crisis, it’s purely to center themselves as righteous. Total fundie/evangelical move of the deluded and abusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Yeah, there are already reports from Poland of fundamentalists causing issues at refugee centres with their preaching and harassment.