Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

God I would kill for Triamid to get the support waves that they never got in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

just saw someone accidentally pendulum summon ash blossom and they just FROZE for a moment when it registered what they'd done :v:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Vandar posted:

God I would kill for Triamid to get the support waves that they never got in the first place.

tbh i do think there's still plenty of design space for it, its not like their gimmick is particularly parasitic

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Mix. posted:

tbh i do think there's still plenty of design space for it, its not like their gimmick is particularly parasitic

It's a shame. I really like their gimmick but for whatever reason Konami just kind of forgot about them while their counterpart archetypes have gotten tons of attention.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mix. posted:

just saw someone accidentally pendulum summon ash blossom and they just FROZE for a moment when it registered what they'd done :v:

The right move there is to go into Halqi and pretend it was intentional.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
So what's everyone playing for the N/R Festival? I started out with Megaliths and had a ton of fun with those, and now I'm using Vampires and they're even more fun. I've caused a couple of surrenders by stealing my opponents big monsters.

I really like this event, the power level feels about how it was back when I was still playing regularly like a decade ago.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Plasbad posted:

So what's everyone playing for the N/R Festival? I started out with Megaliths and had a ton of fun with those, and now I'm using Vampires and they're even more fun. I've caused a couple of surrenders by stealing my opponents big monsters.

I really like this event, the power level feels about how it was back when I was still playing regularly like a decade ago.

Tenyi Yosenju. Have fun getting rid of my monsters when they aren't on the field, idorts. :smuggo:

What's your Vampire list look like? How's it doing?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Still playing Paleo Kaiju. I'm the grindiest of grindy control decks and it only sometimes works.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm playing janky as hell aliens and I have no idea why its working at all

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I just made a Metalfoes deck but I've only played in solo mode because I still don't know what my actual win conditions are.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Earth machines are working well. Speedroids not so much because all the n/r generic wind synchros and links fuggin SUCK

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm playing Megalith, with Garlandolf and Lord of the Red as guest spots. So far I've lost one game to the mirror match and one to a bricked hand vs Infinitrack. I've seen D/D and Graydle Kaijus in the spectator mode, and I've run into Odd-Eyes. Of them all, I think Megalith is the one to beat, since it has such powerful disruption and its choke points aren't easy to spot.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm doing Metalfoes F.A. and it's incredibly fun. Popping your own cards to draw and search and flood the board with the baboon plant guy then you Fuse out to Metalfoes to recycle the Spell/traps and monsters to search next turn and eventually ending on like, Metalfoes Mithrilium Odd-Eyes Absolute, Heartlandraco and cross sheep and a clear enemy board.

or you just make you FA Hang On Mach very big, banish everything and use the quick play spell to put it in defense and pop a card on your opponents turn.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 24, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Being able to bring Marincess Wave back every turn with Marbled Rock is some real poo poo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Charles Bukowski posted:

Earth machines are working well. Speedroids not so much because all the n/r generic wind synchros and links fuggin SUCK

I thought about playing Cyber Dragons to steal enemy machines for Fortress Dragon, but I have no idea how the rest of the deck would work against Megaliths and such

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Pure True Draco.

Yeah, I know.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Vandar posted:

Tenyi Yosenju. Have fun getting rid of my monsters when they aren't on the field, idorts. :smuggo:

What's your Vampire list look like? How's it doing?

Monsters:
Vampire Familiar x3
Vampire Retainer x3
Pyramid Turtle x3
Vampire Sorcerer x3
Shadow Vampire x2
Vampire Grimson x1
Vampire Grace x1
Vampire Scarlet Scourge x2
Vampire Red Baron x2
Vampire Vamp x2

Spells:
Lightning Vortex x1
Book of life x2
Vampire Kingdom x3
Call of the Mummy x2
Vampire's Domain x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x3

Traps:
Vampire Takeover x3
Lost Wind x3

Extra Deck:
Number 45: Crumble Logos x1
Gem-Knight Pearl x1
Photon Papilloperative x1
Number 50: Blackship of Corn x1
Number 70: Malevolent Sin x1
Number 25: Force Focus x2
Space Insulator x1
Pentestag x1
Cross-Sheep x1
Geonator Transverser x2
Powercode Talker x1
Berserker of the Tenyi x2

It's still kind of a first draft, but it plays well so far. It's easy to search out specific cards I need and it has a lot of recursion effects. If anyone has any suggestions to make it better I'm all ears though! Most of the extra deck I don't use all the time, but they're useful sometimes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I thought about playing Cyber Dragons to steal enemy machines for Fortress Dragon, but I have no idea how the rest of the deck would work against Megaliths and such

It's not the machines you have to worry about against N/R Gadgets. It's the dragons.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

I'm running a Marincess deck and I just love to see my opponent trying to snipe my Marbled Rock without reading what my field spell does.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Machine plus machine equals dragon and then another one.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Plasbad posted:

Yosen-Kaiju has been a fun and effective deck to use. Some decks absolutely trounce it (like Megalith :gonk:) but it didn't take me long to get all the event gems with it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Timelords are exactly as strong as I was hoping to be. Which is that they aren't, but you can usually get your opponent to forfeit by just being interminably durable.

I'm also dueling against Tri-Brigade/Fire Kings/Yubel, though, so kudos to this guy for clearly playing the deck he always wanted to be viable.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Playing Poker knights-U.A./warrior stuff
Feeds into Rank 5s (shark fortress and Volcasaur) using joker's knight and overlay booster and feast of the wild Lv5 and Idaten/Shura via fusion.
U.A. signing deal is e-tele for U.As and perfect ace is one of the scant few omni-negates that also destroy in N/R

Can OTK plenty hard and can play through light amounts of interaction, plus joker's recycles itself and court of cards can be a draw 3.
The forbidden * quickplays are really good in this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I had to wait for laundry to be done before I could go to bed, so I hammered out a guide to Kaiser Kozmo, my personal Ranked rogue deck of choice, in three hours.

If people like this garbage, I'll probably add more to it, like typical combos, strategy advice, sample decks, etc.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

girl dick energy posted:

I had to wait for laundry to be done before I could go to bed, so I hammered out a guide to Kaiser Kozmo, my personal Ranked rogue deck of choice, in three hours.

If people like this garbage, I'll probably add more to it, like typical combos, strategy advice, sample decks, etc.

Oh, I'm adoring this, and already learning quite a bit since my deck of choice so far has been just straight Kozmo. If nothing else, it's useful to see someone confirming what I thought; I've been running Strawman and Dark Eclipser despite openly knowing they aren't doing a massive amount (although Eclipser's big honkin' numbers can at least trick you into thinking it's good, I find it a decent third for Tincan's search). Goodwitch is one of those dastardly niche cards that you tell yourself is good because of the one time her effect helped, too.

What's your feeling on Storm Dragon's Return? That's the only card in my deck that I've found really handy but isn't in yours, I've found it a really good way to recycle Dark Destroyer.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Storm Dragon’s Return is spicy, and I can see the appeal, especially since it does trigger the card pop, and could grab something like a clutch Dark Witch instead. Don’t see myself running more than 1, though, since Kaiser with 2 monsters is significantly less difficult to play around than Kaiser with one.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Plasbad posted:

Been having fun with N/R Kozmos so far. Kozmoll dark witch dealing with heart earth Dragon too is just a bonus.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What’s your boss monster/wincon?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I've been somewhat successful with my Triamid build because it's got a lot of recursion so removal is less effective if it isnt just a hard banish, but a lack of a hard boss monster in the main deck has hurt me a couple times and made matches get super grindy

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
I made a gadget deck sprinkled with infinitraks in it before I saw they were gonna be good (educated guess I suppose), it has the rank 3 so you can search out the r4 that boosts levels and has a few paleo traps so I can link or xyz a r2 if needed as well. Ive refined it over time and its still slightly different than how everyone plays it but the main win con has turned into Dragubulon. But Ive kept a bunch of rank 4 xyzs that can hit over peoples defences (my original idea) for all the board wipes and stuff people can pull off in this format and its paid off a few times now.

I saw a Marincess deck and wanna try it next.

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 24, 2022

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I bounced between a bunch of decks but I'm currently taking the event as an excuse to learn D/D and I'm having a lot of fun with the playstyle even if it is kinda limited with what options I have available.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

girl dick energy posted:

What’s your boss monster/wincon?

It's mostly an agro build to push out a lot of damage at once. I usually try to sit on dark witch and a ship to control the game with backrow like torrential, compulse, dinomischus and kozmojo, and then push for game with something like soartroopers or strawman. I do run 2 dark planet, but I kind of feel like it's a trap since it's only good if your hand is clogged full of ships

Julias fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 24, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Julias posted:

It's mostly an agro build to push out a lot of damage at once. I usually try to sit on dark witch and a ship to control the game with backrow like torrential, compulse, dinomischus and kozmojo, and then push for game with something like soartroopers or strawman. I do run 2 dark planet, but I kind of feel like it's a trap since it's only good if your hand is clogged full of ships
I've found that with how common Torrential, Bottomless, and Floodgate all are, Dark Planet is just a liability most of the time. I'll have to try the aggro build. Do you have a decklist?

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
I've been playing my Shark deck and it's been very good. Playing against the Gadgets+Trains deck a lot but I don't feel particularly disadvantaged there. Haven't seen Megalith yet, and I played against Metalfoes once but they seemed to have a pretty bricky hand that time so I didn't get a good idea of the matchup.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Wall of Disruption throws people off so loving much in this format :getin:

edit: just had a game where i no poo poo topdecked this for 3 turns straight and i could tell it pissed them off because i kept removing their ability to deal damage

Mix. fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 24, 2022

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015

Plasbad posted:

I've been running Relinquished Megalith. Turns out that nuking the field with Bethor and succing up monsters with Relinquished is really powerful. Especially when you have support that enables you to do both as a Quick Effect.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Jueg01 posted:

I've been running Relinquished Megalith. Turns out that nuking the field with Bethor and succing up monsters with Relinquished is really powerful. Especially when you have support that enables you to do both as a Quick Effect.

Good luck sucking up my Yosenju. :smuggo:

(God it's been so long since I've played this deck, I had honestly forgot how fun Yosenju are.)

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015

Vandar posted:

Good luck sucking up my Yosenju. :smuggo:

(God it's been so long since I've played this deck, I had honestly forgot how fun Yosenju are.)

Millenium-Eyes Illusionist can be discarded from hand as a Quick Effect to equip an opponent's Effect Monster to Relinquished/Eyes-Restrict

Megalith Och can Ritual Summon any Ritual Monster during the Main Phase as a Quick Effect, including Relinquished.

And if the succing don't work, I can use Megalith Phul to Ritual Summon a Megalith Bethor from hand or Deck during the Main Phase as a Quick Effect to drop a nuke

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Jueg01 posted:

Millenium-Eyes Illusionist can be discarded from hand as a Quick Effect to equip an opponent's Effect Monster to Relinquished/Eyes-Restrict

Megalith Och can Ritual Summon any Ritual Monster during the Main Phase as a Quick Effect, including Relinquished.

And if the succing don't work, I can use Megalith Phul to Ritual Summon a Megalith Bethor from hand or Deck during the Main Phase as a Quick Effect to drop a nuke

This sounds super cool, I might have to revisit my Megalith deck and build this variant as well. If you have time would you mind posting your deck list? I'm not very familiar with modern Relinquished support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
My favourite card is Floodgate Trap Hole. Cards need to be face up to do anything and you can shut down most plays with it and its permanent (afaik). I have tried Judgement of Anubis and its fun if it triggers, but not really super impactful most of the time.