Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

:eyepop:

Those look surprisingly good

e: lol poo poo snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
New alleged leaks. They reference the new tank which has been confirmed to be true, so I put some stock into these:

quote:

New "disintegrator" rifles, pistols, and combi-weapons mostly available to centurions and seeker sgts
Rotor cannons are Assault now with Pinning and Shell Shock (1), apparently causing -1Ld to the subsequent Pinning check
Nemesis Bolter, 72" Heavy 1, Sniper, maybe replacing sniper rifles for Legions
Thunder hammers are now Sunder instead of concussive (HELL yeah)
Dark Angels Warlord trait previously leaked as allowing to select bonuses against certain factions lists "Dark Mechanicum" as one faction
Salamanders no also have -1S to incoming plasma, melta, and volkite. -1" charge/run/sweep is gone, Morale bonus now attached to a legion specific Warlord Trait
Raven Guard split into Hawks/Talons/Falcons that confer different bonuses to different unit types
Iron Hands -1S to incoming shooting now applies to all non-vehicle units (including new MC dreadnoughts), all vehicles get 6+ It Will Not Die and Autosimulacra can increase that to 5+
Iron Hands specific reaction to overwatch at full BS twice with Gets Hot!
Iron Father's get a machinator array instead of a servo arm, have Battle Smith (3+)
Toxiferran flamers are now just Poison and Rending instead of Tainted
Flamestorm cannons are no longer AP3 but have Torrent
Volkite Calivers are Heavy 3
The Kratos is a new heavy tank that has a turret battle cannon/melta cannon/volkite turret with 4 weapons across the turret and sponsons, mostly autocannons, heavy bolters, and volkite culverins
All terminators now have two wounds!
Cataphractii and Tartaros are split into different unit profiles
Primarchs and Fortifications have their own Force Org slot
Primarchs can be taken 1 per primary detachment but count towards LoW points
Allied detachments are larger
Destroyer squads split into "Assault" and "Mortis" units
Despoiler squads return and Scout Squads added to tactical and Recon Squads as troops choices
Termites are now universal DT's like rhinos for most things (oh boy)
Most vehicles are now squadrons, including Deredeo talons, Sikarans, Whirlwinds (including Scorpius), all Sicaran variants, predators (in up to 5), Cerberus, and Typhons
Proteus Land Raider has been split into "Carrier" and "Exploratory" variants (presumably just making a different unit entry for the explorator web upgrade)
Space Wolves are getting a "Grey Hunter" unit
All weapons have been rebalanced to be viable (lets see how that goes)
Weapon S can go above 10, but is capped at S10 for wounding but "true" value is used for armor pen and ID
Twinlinked is more or less being replaced with Gravis ala 40k (double shots)
Autocannons and variants now have Rending
Astartes Shotguns have concussive
Demo cannons are AP3 but have rules to increase them above S10 for ID and armor pen
Heavy Bolters are now Heavy 4
Combi-weapons split into "magna" and "minor" types, and both halves of the weapon can be fired at once. "Magna" are melta, plasma, and disintegrator and are one shot, all other variants are not one shot (prettyuch just a cleanup of what we already knew)
Lascannons have Sunder
Gravis blast weapons just use 5" blast instead of 3" (again phasing out twin linked)
Plasma are AP4 Breach (4+), essentially 4+ Rending
Lascutters now also have an 8" S10 AP1 Armorbane shot as well as the melee attack
Speaking of melee, combat blades, chainswords, bayonets, and chain bayonets all have different profiles
Combat blades are base profile
Bayonets are +1S Two Handed
Chainswords have Shred
Chain Bayonets are +1S Two Handed Shred
(Kinda unnecessary imo but I'm not gonna complain about it)
New Charnable weapons, "tabre and stave"
Force stave and power lance have "Reach", whatever that does
Power swords are AP3 Rending, Power Mauls are +2S AP3, Axes remain unchanged
Lightning Claws have Rending, and pairing them gives +2A instead of +1A

Enjoy

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 9, 2022

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Some of my top level thoughts on this- seems that there is an attempt to make the game less lethal and more dice intensive (IE: you don't know the outcome exactly when you engage one unit with another, because there are more ways to get rending/shred/sunder and experience attrition). AP1 and 2 is now very rare. Personally I don't like this, because I want shorter games. These changes would make much more sense if we had the new AP system imo.

I can only speculate about balance, but the changes to demo cannons imply worse AP values for battle cannons, artillery, and the like. How they plan to balance factions that rely on this for killing TEQ/MEQ such as militia and solar aux remains to be seen. Finally, if mauls are truly like this, "they will be everywhere" and I don't know why anyone would take a sword.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Maybe the maces will.be more expensive? Ofc, overcorrecting is a thing that GW does.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Some of my top level thoughts on this- seems that there is an attempt to make the game less lethal and more dice intensive (IE: you don't know the outcome exactly when you engage one unit with another, because there are more ways to get rending/shred/sunder and experience attrition). AP1 and 2 is now very rare. Personally I don't like this, because I want shorter games. These changes would make much more sense if we had the new AP system imo.

I can only speculate about balance, but the changes to demo cannons imply worse AP values for battle cannons, artillery, and the like. How they plan to balance factions that rely on this for killing TEQ/MEQ such as militia and solar aux remains to be seen. Finally, if mauls are truly like this, "they will be everywhere" and I don't know why anyone would take a sword.

swords are cool thats why you take one

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
First test paint for my WB boys. The red highlighting does look as... Contrasty, in person. But even still I may tone it down on the other models.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Count Thrashula posted:

First test paint for my WB boys. The red highlighting does look as... Contrasty, in person. But even still I may tone it down on the other models.

Heck yeah, always good to see more good religious boys itt.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Don't forget those green eyes!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

JcDent posted:

Don't forget those green eyes!

Omg how could I forget! I knew something looked off

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I guess swords have rending? Certainly better than nothing, though a mace will probably be better

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

BULBASAUR posted:

I guess swords have rending? Certainly better than nothing, though a mace will probably be better

Suddenly my Machine Killer Vet squad with Maces has another reason to exist!

:getin:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Painting up some IW Saturnine pattern Tyrant Siege Termites because these models are just too ridiculous not to

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Count Thrashula posted:

Painting up some IW Saturnine pattern Tyrant Siege Termites because these models are just too ridiculous not to

That looks ridiculous, I love it

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Count Thrashula posted:

holy poo poo

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/03/21/amazing-adepticon-previews-arrive-this-week-heres-when-to-watch/

its_happening.gif

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Whelp good thing I picked up the Warhammer magazine subscription + another Indomitus box. I should be able to use at least some of them for 30k

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Whelp good thing I picked up the Warhammer magazine subscription + another Indomitus box. I should be able to use at least some of them for 30k

:stare:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
The Necrons are certainly period-appropriate.

:ironicat:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Bait

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
My copy of Dominion has me set for Dark Angels

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
WE HAVE COME FOR YOU

(Praetor with jump pack)

I really need a better photo setup

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
quote this when there's no heresy news at adepticon

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

:hmmyes:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Count Thrashula posted:

WE HAVE COME FOR YOU

(Praetor with jump pack)

I really need a better photo setup

On one hand, nice model my friend

BUT ON THE OTHER, NICE BALL MOUSE :pcgaming:

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

BULBASAUR posted:

Or it's just another imperial fist special character

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

working mom posted:

What's wrong with the best legion getting special characters

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

working mom posted:

we should be so lucky

Endman
May 18, 2010

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

What's wrong with the best legion getting special characters

That Remus Ventanus model was pretty good wasn't it

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Endman posted:

That Remus Ventanus model was pretty good wasn't it

:yeah:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I'm unreasonably happy about rending autocannons.

6 and a half hour warning!

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 23, 2022

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
holy poo poo Holy poo poo HOLY poo poo

edit-- new HH box coming from GW, new logo, "next evolution" of HH or something to that effect. pictures of Mk VI and Sons of Horus Praetor teased (all plastic). I'm sure pictures will be posted on WarCom later.

edit2- "...and when this new edition lands with this boxed game..." there it is!!

edit3-- here we go:

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 24, 2022

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Okay now that my HH2.0 excitement has wanted, here's a Konrad Curze I finished up while watching the Adepticon reveals

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
you must draw line of sight from each stud

e: new mold tech?

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 24, 2022

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

BULBASAUR posted:

you must draw line of sight from each stud

e: new mold tech?

More likely the bonding stud pauldrons are split down the middle like on the Dominion Zephon model. Like so:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Some B&C dude posted:

Okay, so... Let me preface this by saying that I am in no way an photoshop expert. These are some very rough comparisons I was able to whip up once I realized that the mk vi marine has one of the skulls from the Box o' skulls pack. I tried to just do a real quick and dirty size comparison as best I can. I know it's not perfect and someone will assuredly make better comparisons soon The comparison are, in order, 1. A primaris reiver, 2. a plastic mk iv tactical, 3. a chaos space marine, 4. a Tortuga Bay Miniatures mk iii torso. I put the same skull on every base in roughly the same place to help try and get the size down right.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
They literally managed to gently caress up the scale for a game they already produced with MK III and MK IV sets for???
Jesus Christ GW.......I was joking about the indomitus thing but maybe I was right.
Guess they gotta get current players to rebuy the entire armies they have already

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Or just ignore it, unless you want to mix armours in a squad itll be hard to tell at a distance

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

They literally managed to gently caress up the scale for a game they already produced with MK III and MK IV sets for???
Jesus Christ GW.......I was joking about the indomitus thing but maybe I was right.
Guess they gotta get current players to rebuy the entire armies they have already

It will be perfectly fine on table, no doubt. I don't really see too much of an issue but I'm planning on starting a new legion with 2.0 anyway :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
I doubt we're going to see too much complaining about slightly bigger marines from a community that has been begging for a real release for almost 2 years now.